*solves music theory*

*solves music theory*

Attached: rah_47342995879.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lJJsMXLzIHU
youtube.com/watch?v=RIZzsx52sPI
instaud.io/1y1d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

now it's music fact

10/10 post 10/10 trip

BASED HAPA MASTER RACE

Based music theory.

Attached: Bach-1725-Organ.jpg (740x1024, 209K)

based

najs

*reinvents music theory and then solves the new music theory by deharmonizing the neapolitan andalusian major6th#14 IV chord before jacob can*

collier btfo

Attached: neely.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Can someone explain how he makes microtonality, odd metered Indian polyrhythms and extended tone chords with clusters sound like the most fucking boring shit musically conceivable?

Most popular tune: "Question and answer time with Adam Neely" jingle.
How many years of music college was it.

IQ can't buy taste

The point of art is to express/communicate things that affect us in some appealing way. He sucks at that.

No musical element is interesting in itself. He's young and makes shitty Disneycore music.

He performs in NY every week.

very nice

I get that but it almost takes an incredible amount of talent to subvert all the exoticism these musical elements produce quite naturally. In fact I don't know why anyone would use this stuff except to create an alien effect in the music.

Attached: hemidemisemiquavers.jpg (2000x2000, 2.31M)

i'd love to know who's the kind of people who actually enjoy this dudes music.

i'd say the most of them are mega autists

Idk, I don't think there's anything inherently more exciting about microtonality than normal tonality for example. like said. You have more possibilities but that doesn't naturally mean they will be better.

And exoticism is just relative. Like if you went to another country and were served a weird meal with new ingredients and flavors, it still could have been cooked badly and objectively taste like shit despite being exotic to your standards

In a wedding band.

Trust me, if you start applying any modern musical concepts it is harder to make them sound conventional than it is for them to sound exotic. That guy is right in the sense that you can't just say "okay I'm going to use this crazy chord here without respect for the rest of the music" but that would only produce music that sounds excessively unnatural and contrived, not conventional by any means. Making a convincing II-V-I progression out of 13th chords and modal interchange is impressive but not particularly worthwhile.

he needs a creative direction. he has way too many great ideas packed into one and loses focus on the important parts of his songs
but sometimes he actually makes very listenable stuff, altho still with some weird artistic choices: youtube.com/watch?v=lJJsMXLzIHU
youtube.com/watch?v=RIZzsx52sPI (the last 2 minutes are magical)

Among other things. You know, gigs for money and shit. It's what musicians do.

imagine defending a ''musician'' who plays in a wedding band for a living.

oh and I meant to post this thing I made whch was an experiment to make the most accessible 12-tone music I could manage. Its still weird as fuck though.

instaud.io/1y1d

Attached: 01DISSONANCE1-superJumbo.jpg (1620x2048, 689K)

I'm not defending him lol I'm just stating facts. He's doing the things he knew he would end up doing by studying music. And even by playing shitty wedding gigs (forgetting the part that he's a mini-YT celebrity), he's still doing far more than you ever will.

blissfully based

Attached: 1550588238873.jpg (396x385, 78K)

imagine posting on Yea Forums and looking down on people instead

nice projecting, keep shilling this talentless hack, you are even more retarded than him lmao.

>he's still doing far more than you ever will.

i don't plan on playing in a wedding band or being a youtube meme for 12 yo girls, so i don't know about that.

BOOGIE WITH ME ALL NIGHT LONG

>it almost takes an incredible amount of talent to subvert all the exoticism these musical elements produce quite naturally
thing is, his music doesn't sound natural to me
he's obviously talented and he has great vocal ideas but most of the rest of it is just hype, I don't see him as some kind of compositional or theory wunderkind

maybe he will improve, i'd love to be proven wrong.