Collage Thread - 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, fuck, even 10x10!

Also include what album among all the ones in your collage you'd rec the most highly (and if you're feeling especially generous post a sample track).
The other day I decided to listen to only albums with rainbow/tons of colors so you can see my progress so far here. (if you have any recs for good albums with really colorful rainbow-y covers your input is very welcome.
btw of the ones in my collage, the best album to me was When Did Wonderland End? in the top left. Only came across these guys a few days ago but I've been playing the shit out of this album.
youtube.com/watch?v=nlzogiCHi6M

Attached: collage.jpg (1250x1250, 847K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uef5qQIzsb8
youtube.com/watch?v=EHLYxAf8IRU
mega.nz/#F!tOJlhahY!6VT9kMiI3pr-xi5NZlAopA
youtu.be/ZnyzTCdxJ5I
youtu.be/8RtSOK2p61s
youtu.be/MJ0qu6VNJGQ
youtu.be/Gd4kaiLHvuo
youtube.com/watch?v=tQuzGDOZklw
youtube.com/watch?v=dCmxLhjO000
mega.nz/#F!FO53jQwI!TguwQZo6_c0O8A0Az3j3iQ
tapmusic.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=illaOqIIcw0
youtube.com/watch?v=fPjuuVOGqxI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage is the best rainbowcore

Of my chart I'd recommend Third Ear Band or Thought for Food most highly

Attached: LastfmCollage_7day_39.jpg (1200x1200, 458K)

Damn Elements and Alchemy are both way up in my top 100 chart thing and Swordfishtrombones is in my top 10, great stuff. Not familiar with Food for Thought (though I've heard The Books mentioned before) or Don Caballero. Will have to get on those.
and ty for reminding me about OTC btw, idk how I missed it.

Units - Digital Stimulation is pretty rainbow-core
it's cool ass synthpunk with great lyrics and lot's of good wonky synths

Attached: 1526131999133.jpg (900x900, 312K)

Best Eno albim
From my chart I'd recommend Spiritualized - Pure Phase, it's extremely underrated

Attached: collage.jpg (1000x1000, 355K)

man i have literally never listened to spiritualized, gonna take this chance to try them

do you like shpongle I do

Attached: collage.jpg (1250x1250, 593K)

5x5 timespan 1 month. Chart tools are broken for me apparently so no covers.

>if you have any recs for good albums with really colorful rainbow-y covers your input is very welcome

Be sure to check Jamie xx's In Colour if you have not already. It recieved a lot of positive feedback from fans and critics if that makes a difference.

Attached: collage (2).jpg (1250x1250, 94K)

>Jamie xx's In Colour
shit I remember when that came out but never got around to hearing it, I'm going to go check it out after the album I'm on now, cheers!
if you care enough and don't mind posting it you can always post your last.fm UN and I can try making it work right on my end

Love me some MF Doom

Attached: PicsArt_02-21-07.47.41.jpg (2048x2048, 916K)

Some good shit m8.
Just since you're obviously into hip-hop, I just a couple hours ago ULed pic related to mega for a friend if you don't already have it and are interested. It's pretty fucking good, though I'm not so well-versed in hip-hop outside the big classics. Here's a couple tracks:
youtube.com/watch?v=uef5qQIzsb8
youtube.com/watch?v=EHLYxAf8IRU

and the album link:
mega.nz/#F!tOJlhahY!6VT9kMiI3pr-xi5NZlAopA

Attached: Doom.jpg (1437x1401, 605K)

here's my 4x4

i dont get it these are all just little pictures

Attached: Kent-4x4-Driving-Experience-Gift-1920x1080-resize.jpg (1104x514, 152K)

not him but this is fantastic. how come i never dig up stuff like this? makes me jealous having to find this second hand

nice
+broadcast

Attached: 3x3333.jpg (900x900, 254K)

+unicorns

+everything

Attached: 15536840-C18F-42CC-A928-12B9A902E6B8.png (900x900, 1.62M)

based

My fave album from mine is A Love Supreme by Trane. Real transcendent shit. My indie rec is Tigers Jaw S/T and my hip hop ones are pretty obvious so I'll just say Ctrl by SZA is an incredible hiphop/rnb album

Attached: albums.png (909x753, 1.6M)

Just based on all the colors I want to recommend Quarantine by Laurel Halo
Have you listened to Eno’s Discreet Music?
Check out Sacracorpa by Matchess
Intermodulation by Bill Evans and Jim Hall
You seem like you’d like Amnesia Scanner. Also check out Deli Girls
Check out Ka
Merzbow & Boris collabs

Attached: 5ECF2EF9-25AC-44C1-9A77-893AA72BC960.jpg (1250x1250, 554K)

5x5 from the past two months. Highly recommend Halfaxa for some more trippy/ethereal stuff: youtu.be/ZnyzTCdxJ5I
Deathconsciousness is just great in general, especially if you're into more heavy/distorted songs with a mix of some slower quiter songs: youtu.be/8RtSOK2p61s

based as fuck
+everything
+carti

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (2672x1470, 1.34M)

carla dal forno - you know what its like
koenraad ecker - ill fares the land
right hand left hand - s/t
grails - deep politics

Attached: collage.png (1044x870, 1.49M)

Wowowow so colourful!!!

Attached: poonigger.jpg (1250x1250, 586K)

from my chart i recommend Dudley Perkins - Expressions that’s produced by Madlib. Favorite track by him, it’s not in the album but it’s still produced by Madlib youtu.be/MJ0qu6VNJGQ

that czarface is mad underrated.

Attached: 4C4A0203-6D29-4E70-9E34-450599646199.jpg (1250x1250, 597K)

lilacs & champagne - s/t

recs pls

Attached: 1DABDB63-7556-4B0D-A29A-757BD3926C7B.jpg (1250x1250, 726K)

Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun
Dave Bixby - Ode to Quetzalcoatl
Swans - Swans are Dead
The first 2 Xiu Xiu albums
Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime

reccing Aoxomoxoa by The Grateful Dead for fans of psych rock, Scott Walker's first two albums are great, sadly overshadowed by his later work
listen to the other nu-swans albums desu, also hard recc Jackson C. Frank
try Denzel Curry's early work like Nostalgia 64 and Israeli Salad by The Alchemist
try some Durutti Column, dad
specifically LC and Another Setting
try Iron Reagan and Toxic Shock for some nice modern thrash, Canticles of Ectastsy by Hildegard von Bingen for that medival itch
Disintegration Loops and Stars of the Lid for ambient, Lil B and Lil Ugly Mane for rap
try The Zombies as a whole and other Elephant 6 releases like The Apples In Stereo

Attached: collage (5).jpg (1250x1250, 724K)

Wild Ivy League-Wild Ivy
The Glow Pt.2-The Microphones
Dawn-Mount Eerie

Is Doomed-Black Wing
Xiu Xiu-Fabulous Muscle

i recommend scott walker

hump

veri funi

Attached: 817161_legomarios_bort-goes-hhhmmmm.jpg (768x614, 64K)

consumer electronics - estuary english
mark stewart - as the veneer of democracy starts to fade
earthless - from the ages
>try Iron Reagan and Toxic Shock for some nice modern thrash,
I will thanks, its been a while since I last gave thrash a shot
>Canticles of Ectastsy by Hildegard von Bingen for that medival itch
excellent album

i cant pick a favorite. a lot of these are new to me from recs the other day (thanks again anons), but if i have to choose one as my favorite for the week, i would go with mang ont. youtu.be/Gd4kaiLHvuo also i got a shit download for phosphorescent blues, the tracks keep skipping to the next one before the songs over.
starlito - introversion

Attached: collage5x5.jpg (1250x1250, 627K)

Attached: collage (1).jpg (1250x1250, 590K)

the second half of the album is better than the first, but check peaking lights - lucifer

I'm not from around here.

Attached: 4square.png (902x902, 1.34M)

endless floods - s/t
ice dragon - the burl, the earth, the aether
the pine box boys - stab!
lonesome wyatt and the holy spooks - ghost ballads

I'm already familiar with both. I was deciding whether to put Lonesome Wyatt's Sabella, Slim Cessna's Auto Club's Unentitled, or Electric Wizard's Dopethrone in the blank spot. Shit, maybe even some Naked City Torture Garden.

+yank crime, loveless
funny coincidence, I recently got a speeding ticket while playing drive like jehu

Attached: topsters2 (4).png (2707x1701, 838K)

I used to get heavy into some BMSR... the only song left by them is 264 Colors
You seem to have an affinity for album covers with complex colorful designs. Are you really in it for the music, or do you just like to trip out on the sleeve art? just kidding
oldfag here. used to lurk in the 09-11 era. Good to see fags still listen to Unicorns.
I guess I would recommend Those Boys from Twin Fantasy (Face to Face) 2018 version.
youtube.com/watch?v=tQuzGDOZklw

I've been listening to Car Seat since he came out and as I get gayer and gayer this album becomes more and more relevant especially to my recent breakup. There's a lot to unpack there. Anyways

Attached: Indecurts last year.jpg (1250x1250, 559K)

>Are you really in it for the music, or do you just like to trip out on the sleeve art?
ik you said just kidding, but I'm just doing it so that ideally a week from when I started, the collage will be nothing but rainbows. Just me fucking around, it's normally more all over.
Also in case you haven't heard it, I'm highly reccing pic related. It's hip-hop/instrumental hip-hop/plunderphonics/sound collage whatever you want to call it. You're also intended to listen to it on shuffle, and the first track is directions on how to properly listen to it. ik it sounds like a worthless gimmick, but it's a gimmick and actually great. Can't really link samples so here's the whole thing on YT:
youtube.com/watch?v=dCmxLhjO000
and a DL link if you want it
mega.nz/#F!FO53jQwI!TguwQZo6_c0O8A0Az3j3iQ

Going to feel pretty dumb if it turns out you're already familiar and I wasted all that time.

Attached: front.jpg (669x669, 188K)

how do i get one of these collages made from my last.fm history? id like to participate

just go to
tapmusic.net/
and enter your last.fm name and the dimensions/specifics you want

fishtank ensemble - samurai over serbia

I just use two tabs of paint. Sized the album covers 225px and zoomed in when pasting them to line up the corners. There's surely a better way though.

Attached: Collage.png (1100x1100, 2.24M)

my nigga

i really rec dirt or long season for anyone looking for albums with great vocal play.

although my favorite from the collage is either mindshaft, hell songs, and donuts

Attached: collage.jpg (1250x1250, 648K)

Dope concept, I'll cop the download, thanks.

you should listen to KKKill the Fetus by esham i just found the album and the wordplay is great but his production is really fucking good you have to hear it also if you havent heard trout mask give it a try

>the collage will be nothing but rainbows
check out sunburned hand of the man - trickle down theory of lord knows what
tangerine dream - live at cathédrale notre-dame, reims
yellow swans - bring the neon war home
nadja - sonnborner
>fishtank ensemble - samurai over serbia
thanks for the rec
aluk todolo - s/t

your chart rules
you familiar with the Slum Village album produced by Dilla?

seeing pinegrove in a week i honestly might cry there

Attached: week.jpg (1000x1000, 444K)

everyone should listen to suicidal tendencies
youtube.com/watch?v=illaOqIIcw0

the verve ep is pretty nice
teenage fanclub - grand prix
johnny cash is a guero

Attached: IMG_1136.jpg (1250x1250, 691K)

great taste, gonna check out third ear band
+grouper
check out here new album it's under a new artist name tho
where should i start with thee oh see? i like garage rock and punk, mostly stooges tho

Attached: collage (1).jpg (1250x1250, 631K)

I do not have a chart to post and I usually do not come into these threads but I accidentally opened it.

In any case, I cannot get into Hala Strana despite my best efforts from a year ago. What do you hear in it? Also, Tim Buckley is kick-ass.

>check out sunburned hand of the man - trickle down theory of lord knows what
>tangerine dream - live at cathédrale notre-dame, reims
>yellow swans - bring the neon war home
>nadja - sonnborner
thank you my man! I've had my eye on Sunburned Hand of the Man for ages lately. They're a mystery group to me I haven't gotten around to checking out properly (also iirc they have a huge discog

btw follow up to this, do you or anyone else have recs for your favorite albums from Sunburned Hands of the Man? Wouldn't mind a good jumping in point and I don't want to just start and go through a group that's got at least a good 50 albums under their belts.

trickle down theory is the only one ive heard and iirc it was quite good for what they were trying to do but that whole aria of music isn't really my thing. whether they have a better starting point or not i dunno but if you like that genre that would probably be an album you'd enjoy

Loop - A gilded eternity
John martyn - solid air
Big sir - Und Die Scheibe Andert Sichimmer

Attached: collage.jpg (900x900, 377K)

tim buckey is a fucking god i've been listening to buzzin fly on repeat all day. can't believe i missed that track since i've been a fan of starsailor since i was like 15. for hala strana i kinda listen to it in the background when i play the witcher desu. it's very noisey but also folksy i guess? repeated listens have made it better tho, especially when it's not all i'm paying attention to

>fishtank ensemble - samurai over serbia
>thanks for the rec
Copying what this guy said even though the rec wasn't meant for me.

I know it gets seen as one of the pleb choices on Yea Forums, but Apollo still is probably my favorite ambient album. So fucking good.

i highly recommend the silent hill 2 ost. aside from a couple spoopy noise tracks, it's one of the comfiest albums i've ever heard.
youtube.com/watch?v=fPjuuVOGqxI

Attached: bootysweat.jpg (1250x1250, 679K)

I keep hearing that and I always see it labeled under trip-hop which is one genre I wish there was way more of, but idk if I'm willing to cross that barrier and become a video game OST listener.

it's definitely got some trip hoppy tracks but i wouldn't label the whole album under that genre. and i'm not an ost listener either, i just stumbled upon it while looking for music to sample and instantly fell in love with it. it really doesn't feel like an ost anyways, just a really chill instrumental album.