About to listen to this for the first time, why is this and dark side of the moon considered the best albums ever?

About to listen to this for the first time, why is this and dark side of the moon considered the best albums ever?

the only pink floyd ive listened to is I Wish you were Here

Attached: pink fuck the womb.png (600x600, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/10/1697580/-Back-in-1982-I-was-selling-acid-at-Jim-Morrison-s-grave-that-s-when-I-first-met-Vladimir-Putin
youtube.com/watch?v=mRgrE22fW6A
youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Listen to DSOTM first. Also Animals is their best.

Wish you were Here is better than both of those albums.

Wish you were here, Meddle and Animals are 10x better than that crap

Absolutely this. Way too much filler on the wall.

i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everyone here
the wall is their 2nd best, after animals. it's absurdly over-hated on this site

STOP

Don't listen to it. Watch the movie instead. Trims the filler out and it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I don't hate the Wall at all. It's still full of filler to the point even Dave and Roger admit to it.

Lots of great tunes, not fucking cohesive which is embarrassing for a "concept album". And please get your ears checked because its not even top 5 floyd.

bc those statements come from white mainstream media

we disagree and that's fine. i love every song on the wall, it flows perfectly for me

do yourself a favour and do animals, wall and final cut. you'll never bother with the rest after that

Meddle isn't that good. Half the songs (albeit the shortest) are all skippable, and the other half either repeat ideas ad nauseam or have entire sections (5 minutes of "whale" squealing) that would be best left off. The Wall has so much more going for it.

The Wall is peak cringy hippy boomer faggotry.

nice bait post user

20m people would say you're talking out of your shitbox

it's shit, don't bother

not bait, waters showed how how little he needed the others. the fucker carried that group.

unironically this

why is it so few see it?

They are ok albums regularly, but listening to them on drugs is an experience very few other albums come close to.

Edibels or acid would be best

And 6 millions jews died on Nazi masturbating machines. I still change the station anytime I hear that gay bong children chanting chorus.

What a retarded attempt at an analogy

last number 1 of the 70s buddy, go fuck yourself

saucerful of secrets is good in my opinion user

The Wall is a rock opera right? Every time i listen to the wall i always feel like the movie is the way its meant to be experienced

Roger is not a boomer. He's a war baby. Big difference.

5/10 album
10/10 soundtrack

for my money it's gotta be The Endless River

Attached: download.jpg (160x160, 4K)

based gilmie

I don't get anons who talk about this album being full of filler
i don't hear it

Honestly the movie is only good if you already have a feel for the concept of the album, since rog does the whole unreliable narrator flashback thing a lot. Also I can't think of the movie anymore without thinking of this article, definitely worth the read

dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/10/1697580/-Back-in-1982-I-was-selling-acid-at-Jim-Morrison-s-grave-that-s-when-I-first-met-Vladimir-Putin

never even bothered to download this. I can tell its not worth the bandwidth

The only filler tracks for me are Bring The Boys Back Home and Stop, but that's less than 2 minutes.

I thought that Bring The Boys Back Home was pretty amazing as well, one of the more desperate cuts from the album. Found it really emotional.

Pink Floyd has always made soundtracks to non-existence movies

If anything, I feel like the live show was probably the way it was supposed to be experienced. But I think the movie gets you closer to that atmosphere than the album by itself does. Going by the album alone, I still think The Who's Tommy was a much better Rock Opera.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=mRgrE22fW6A
we know his genius from the beginning

Reddit, the band.

The Final Cut is the most depressing album I've ever heard.

Yea Forums, the opinion

The part where the music starts back after the whales though is orgasmic. Sometimes, you have to suffer to appreciate what you have

There’s an album movie? Is it just paint drying?

The Wall sucks.
and I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd.
Wish You Were Here, Animals, Meddle, DSotM, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, the one that came after that whose title is escaping me right now are all top notch.

The Wall sucks though, don't know exactly why, but I've always hated that album.
might just be a contrarian thing.

What the fuck are you talking about. What the fuck is "whale" squealing? Are we listening to the same album?

The only skippable song is Seamus, and Seamus was a good dog regardless. Meddle is the best non-pretentious Pink Floyd.

seamus is absolutely based man

not the guy but halfway through echoes the highpitched synthesizers are supposed to sound like whale calls, echoes itself is an underwater journey with the beeping at the begining and end being a submarine

You sound like an idiot

>Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves an echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine
Tell me what else this can possibly mean

Pros and Cons would have been a better album

Attached: Pink_Floyd_-_The_Pros_and_Cons_of_Hitch_Hiking_(JPSM).png (700x700, 1.08M)

holy shit I had no idea, lol. what is that groovy part 7 minutes in and that intense part 18 mins in supposed to be?

The best of all the Floyd albums

Attached: 81UBy5DIxNL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 26K)

One good track

One bad* track

*Alan's really is terrible

It's kinda boring and too long.
Animals is best.

They made 3D sound waaaay before it became popular in stuff like youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA, I gotta give them respect for that