Does anyone else ever talk to themselves? I've started doing it recently and it's actually very therapeutic...

Does anyone else ever talk to themselves? I've started doing it recently and it's actually very therapeutic. Sometimes when I'm home alone, I'll lie on the couch and just talk out loud about how shits going on in my life, or even reminisce over things that happened years ago. I've spent up to thirty minutes doing this, I'm not insane either. I recommend it bois.

Attached: 1580682361327.jpg (790x834, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/amp/is-talking-to-yourself-a-sign-of-mental-illness-an-expert-delivers-her-verdict-77058
youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hear voices all the time. Sometimes they like to lie.

"I'm not insane either" sounds like something an insane person would say.

Completely normal and healthy.

You might have issues user. I don't hear voices, or answer myself. I just lie up an chat away, it's very peaceful.

I do, but it's not like talking to another person. You know, like I'm not going to surprise myself with the answers. When I was in rehab detoxing from alcohol (I was drinking a liter of vodka a day) I straight up heard voices. Mister Metokur, the guys from OSW review, and just stranger's voices.

I get you, I don't answer myself either. It's more like if you were telling someone a long story without them ever speaking back at you. How long did it take for you to complete the detox and stop hearing shit? Sounds scary man

The world has issues not me

theconversation.com/amp/is-talking-to-yourself-a-sign-of-mental-illness-an-expert-delivers-her-verdict-77058

It's actually quite healthy

I tried rehab twice in two different states. In Minnesota they were really stingy with these green and white pills that keep you from freaking out so the voices lasted the full week I was in. I went back to drinking as soon as I got out. In the Nevada VA hospital they kept me doped up for three days in a hospital bed so no voices. A few seizures, but no demons.

Real quick, the voices explained why they were able to speak directly into my head. They said it was the future of hacking and their gateway came through a vaccination I got while in the military. Even all fucked up I knew this was classic schitzo stuff.

Attached: 1581902885688.jpg (828x617, 79K)

That is terrifying stuff. Hope you're doing better now and able to stay clean.

youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY

Attached: 1583061867876.jpg (480x458, 29K)

In theatre it's called an aside. It helps clarify and ambiguous plot. I find i helps me check me when i get distracted from what i had planned for the day

Self talk

Or how about this: When you are in a room by yourself, you are talking, right? But you aren't directly addressing yourself. Actually, when you are speaking, you are almost speaking to someone else, though there is no body there. You are talking to "the wall people" and the "tree people" (if you're outside). Talking to yourself would be you speaking, and then responding to yourself directly. You are simply "speaking into the air". And part of this comes from the fact that you, somewhere inside, might not actually feel alone. It's almost as though you know you're being heard. You feel foolish about it but you can't seem to stop doing it. You sound crazy to those who hear you doing it without your knowledge. You'll be talking and thinking out loud about something, only to realize someone was outside your door or standing in the hall or whatever. You think "Wow. That's embarrassing." Anyone?

Speaking into air, yeah that's a good way of describing it. I don't know if anyone is listening or not, it does kind of feel like it sometimes I guess, but I think that's just because we're used to being around people when we usually speak.

It sometimes helps me with thinking when my headaches are so bad, I can't "hear" my thoughts in my head. Also talking outside my head is way slower, so I can weight the words better and can correct myself very easily. Helps with concentrating on what I do.

Regarding hearing non-corporal voices like a schizo, I noticed in a very quiet location that I could hear whispering but that is a kind of Pareidolia effect as I have a hearing defect / Tinnitus.

I believe in God and a spiritual world around us. So I do believe I'm being heard at all times in some way, by some one. But, I mostly ignore it. Have you ever been speaking and in those times where you're alone, you formulate the best sentences, arguments, points, etc.? It seems when you speak "to yourself" you think more clearly. Basically you really are "thinking out loud". You'll say something about something, and you'll draw clear conclusions and make excellent points that, when around others, SOMETIMES you couldn't do it as well. A benefit in "talking into the air" is that it can make you a more eloquent speaker. You're almost working on language skills with yourself.

100% true. I often think I make more sense when I talk into the air, it's helped me realise things that I never realized before. You definitely think way clearer, that's why I like doing it so much. Glad I'm not alone.

LMAO. What a dumbass. Everybody has an inner voice. Or actually multiple inner voices.. imagine being so afraid of your inner voice that you have to quiet it by drinking

don't mystify it too much though, speaking alone easier and clearer is also because you are not holding back, get embarrassed, etc.
you are the person who knows you best, so it's obvious your chatter is the clearest.