How do I browse TOR safely?

How do I browse TOR safely?
If I run a virtual machine with something like Whonix or Windows 7, can I browse it safely or will my IP leak? Do I need a VPN?
discuss TOR

Attached: TOR.png (308x184, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument#Against_the_argument
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUMP

Attached: 1.png (631x917, 601K)

I just browse it on safest settings, if i get catched i get catched #yolo

seems risky, isn't there a better way?

definitely

darn
if only i was smart

Do you mean the deep web?
Because Tor has nothing to do with the deep web, it's just a browser

God I miss dwarf fortress... I..

Know what? Anyone wanna do a community fort?

Yes, using TOR to explore the deep web. Like that Mudahar guy who browses cool sites.
Check out Bay12 forums my man

Attached: 2.png (632x927, 578K)

tbh TOR isnt safe at all these days, just dont do anything depraved enough that the feds want to use resources arresting ur ass

aka don't upload certain materials

I've been using tor for the better part of a decade using the out of the box settings, and been downloading tonnes of illegal stuff that could get me arrested.

They only go after the people who offer services or distribute illegal materials - they rarely care about people who download bad stuff unless those people flaunt it or get caught irl.

Basic rules of tor. Just don't upload cp. Don't look for assassins. Don't post your name or anything that could remotely put you at a given location.

Actually OP, brought this list on one of the deepnet marketplaces with some left over bitcoin - knock yourself out

mega /#!7clFyAhL!H9io0WySpirL7dWZEUFkKMyYlAWuJp5HiCiTVW0Ryt4

Attached: 1583183277025.jpg (474x670, 40K)

I'm just looking for fun shit and creepy website like that Mudahar guy on youtube does, I don't think anything is illegal there? But thanks

Is this like the cool shit he checks out? I'll look at it thanks

Have to have onion or whatever?
And other worthy Megas I can open from my phone?

I'm only telling you idiots this because of your stupidity you'll be caught easier and be easier prey. Download Tails and run it from a USB, it's easy and the website has instructions in how to do it, very safe but learn PGP you idiot, it's not hard. Also, most of the drugs these days are filled with the shitty Chink research chemical shit, think fent (which is in almost everything these days) but but for almost all drugs, it's hard to find pure anything on there, unless you research. Learn how to do a regency text for drugs, Google it, or at least buy one for fent.

I'm telling ya, don't do on there my man. If you're lucky you'll just be out a few hundred, worse case you get caught by the feds or you get a drug that is not what it's claimed to be and your addicted and it's a bitch to get you off since it's a research chemical and the doctors don't know shit about it. Just smoke weed and see a psychiatrist and tell them you have anxiety like a normal person.

Use a linux machine if you can.
Just use digital ocean and install this script github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install

activate vpn using openvpn and then connect to Tor. I don't get on Tor much but that will protect you from your ISP from knowing what you are doing and add an additional layer to Tor.

Regency test not text.

I'm op and i will admit i was looking into buying drugs, is it that dangerous? I live in a kinda rural area and I wanted to bring some good shit to parties, because one of my pals brought acid once and it was great and I don't wanna be a square, but I don't know where to buy it.
But thanks man
So, let's say I run Whonix in virtualbox, then I download that, run the VPN, then run TOR? Thanks.

Yes, run the VPN on digital ocean, then connect to tor. I'm on a mac and run tunnelblick, you can run OpenVPN on windows, will be a little different.
When you run the github script you'll get a *.ovpn file, something like client.ovpn and just use that for your VPN program.

I used digital ocean to download torrent files of new movies and digital ocean sent me a few emails to "stop it" cookie cutter as the DMCA service saw the digital ocean IP and not my own home one. :)

I got a C&D for downloading that first avengers movie, and one for the new one too so I need a way to torrent shit. Would a VPN help for that? I don't need TOR to torrent safely, right if I use a vpn?
But thanks man I'll look into it, my crack ass ISP is whack

It adds a layer for DMCA but digital ocean could still cancel you, over a period of a couple years I got 6-8 of them and they never cancelled me.
I think digitalocean logs when you own the IP on a droplet but that's only if something absolutely crazy happens.
If you are just downloading movies or browsing TOR without posting alot of crazy things, you should be fine.

I don't plan to post anything crazy, but I don't like to leech torrents so I always try and share. But it seems the trouble I get is when sharing. Maybe I'll look into a seedbox? Like, I downloaded basically all of Romero's movies, from night of the living dead onwards and I was the only seeder for some of them for a long long time but I think it got me in shit.

The only time I got a letter was downloading a movie that just came out or was a cam recording.

Holy hell. If you are just some nobody the partyv& doesn't care what you do.

That ship has probably sailed unless you do a ton of research and find an old reliable community of druggies and even then it's surely invite only buy now

Romero is based. Honestly OP, stop chimping out, just boot TOR with VPN running to stop ISP knowing, then turn it off (I heard having VPN running whilst using TOR can be harmful) not a techfag but this is what I've heard before. While on TOR don't download anything or upload everything. Use that mega I sent to find interesting shit, If u want a trustworthy market link I can hook you up but using cryptocurrency securely is a whole different matter.

Alright, thanks. I'm just a newfag and I didn't want to get in shit, I don't really know anything about this and thought it was an interesting topic. But I appreciate the advice
that sucks, but I guess its my fault for being late to the party

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument#Against_the_argument

last i heard Germany was hard at work de anonymizing the tor network anyway, so it's just about dead

>G*rmans
Fuck them

It's Tor not TOR

sorry