Why are you depressed?

Why are you depressed?

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-122411.png (1338x2048, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1u8oYBDxEZg
health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gettin older and still haven't found the one, doesn't seem like I will.

But hey, the divorce is finalized in April so I won't keep getting fucked over by my mistakes for much longer.

Attached: sample_57a0f84af4ae9cfc40c6c070ee347a0c.jpg (850x1141, 374K)

Because it's a chemical imbalance that I've suffered from for over 15 years

Welcome to the party pal!

Just had my 2nd child a month ago, things are hard with general lack of sleep, not eating well so have put on weight that I recently just lost prior and work seems to be a big black hole of despair with everyone being negative every day, what makes it worse is my parents dont think I can be sad because they never see me unhappy and "how can I be sad with 2 beautiful kids at home and a loving wife"

I'm always the second option. Yet I give out the most.

Your HIV has finally gone full blown AIDS.

who is this beautiful girl

reverse search comes up with no other copies of this pic

I still think about this one girl I used to know even though she should be burning in hell. She managed to fool me that love was real more than anyone else
It says screenshot in the file name user its probably a living breathing pussy

It's a me, your mom

I think I read somewhere that male post-partum depression is a thing. Maybe look into getting some temporary meds for that?

Dead end job, wasted 4 years in uni for a job i cant get, drug and alcohol problems in the past have led me into deep depression and the only reason im alive is because im to much of a pussy to kms

Because I've ruined my entire life in the past 2 days. I'm going to kill myself very soon. I give it a couple days, tops.

He's a man, user

How did you ruin?

What did you do user

stop being such a pussy. deal with the bed you made. you'll get through it. don't be a coward.

what did you study?

>girlfriend got pregnant
>now she’s depressed
>says she doesn’t want the baby any more
>also says she doesn’t want me any more
>everything was fine until she got pregnant
>don’t know what to do

Made a poor decision. Cant really go into detail unfortunately.
Something stupid that seemed innocuous at the time. Now I realize my life is over. It happened so quickly.
If i "deal with it" I'll end up murdered. I'd rather just kill myself.

Cause of how important money is in modern society. A group of greedy sociopath billionaires have shaped the world to be a money-making machine, and I don't want any part of that. Sadly, it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice.

Just stick with it
It's just the hormones talking
She wants you to be the man and take control of the situation
All women are fucking insane you just have to be strong

Because my biological drive has me wanting to creampie in every pussy every day but the modern world prevents it.

>. Cant really go into detail unfortunately.
On an anonymous forum? Yes you can.

If you don't WANT to, that's fine but don't go pretending you're more interesting than you are

Why bother posting if you won't give someone deets. You'll be dead soon anyway.

I'm upset, because I know that no matter how good my life is, my ex is still alive. Knowing such a miserable cunt is still doing the same things she was doing when we were together is a drag.
> Still cheats on people
> still attacks boyfriends out of nowhere, sometimes with weapons
> still constantly in and out of rehab for drugs

Still blows me away she can get away with the shit still. She's no where near as cute as she was when she was eighteen.

Bc.. cerotonine is a wore

How do I do that? Everything was fine until about 2/3 weeks ago in fact. Now she says she has no interest in anything and doesn’t feel anything for me or baby.

Told me to leave her alone for a few days which is what I’m doing now? Fuck knows.

I guess deniability doesnt matter anymore. I've been here since 06. I'll be sad to leave honestly.
I committed a crime. When I go to jail, I will be murdered because of past associations.

Told my wife I'm polyamorous. She doesn't understand. Girl I came out for has ghosted me, but became best friends with the wife. Never dealt with this level of rejection before

>Why are you depressed?
Because despite being in therapy and taking medicine for the majority of my life since I was a kid, I've only just recently in the past few years realized what is actually wrong. That realization somewhat only makes it harder because I know what I should be doing but I can't do it. My issues are too deeply rooted for me to just stop acting like the emotionally retarded retard that I am.

Also, I ran out of medicine a few days ago and I am feeling particularly shitty tonight and haven't slept because I seem to enjoy my self loathing or something.

Good. That bullshit is all just am excuse to cheat on your partner.
Its typically guys that like to say they're poly too and they try to manipulate their poor partner into accepting it. I'm glad your wife wasnt stupid enough

Pretty genius way to make friends though

I concur. Maybe you should have lead with you being afraid of commitments instead of just one day dropping the bomb that you've been a cheating fuck and abusing her trust this whole time. Saying "polyamarous" doesn't make you more sophisticated if you're going to act the same way as every other cheater.

If I'd just wanted to cheat with the chick I could've. She expressed as much. I wanted everything to be open and honest. We're all just human right? Why not embrace humanity?

Economics, specifically taxation. Due to my record i wont be allowed to work in any governmental body for 4 more years

N you assume I cheated. I did not. Oh was just struggling internally with emotions. Openly communicated wanting to try a thruple. Is that so wrong?

You wanted her to accept what you wanted without taking into consideration what she wanted. when people get into a relationship most of the time they assume it's going to be a single person thing not with multiple people so if you didn't see this outcome then you are very short-sighted

Yea humans have a conscience. They feel guilt, jealousy, they know right from wrong.

You know that majority of people don't give a shit about that poly bullshit. its just a nice term for cheating. You shouldn't have made a commitment to someone if you still wanted to fuck other people. Simple as that.
You're fucking pathetic

You claim you wanted to be open and honest but you waited till after you established a relationship and got this girl to marry you to be "honest"

You know why you did this?

Because you know it's wrong but you were hoping with an established bond that you could manipulate your wife into accepting it.

Because really what girl who your barely dating will be ok with you cheating?
Obviously they would leave a lot easier than someone who has a committed bond to you.

Fucking trash

I did some this to be the outcome. However, my wife was the first person to bring up having an open relationship, so I thought it was worth the conversation. I just didn't expect to feel such rejection

It sounds like it's probably because you didn't reciprocate when she brought it up and instead set up a side girl before you decided to bring it up for yourself and just assumed she would go along with it because you said it. Even if she hadn't brought up an open relationship first it seems like you still set up someone to cheat with before asking if it was okay. If you still don't understand the basic concept of relationships and how this was your fault then that's too bad.

I'm going to help a lot of you in this thread. I'm practicing to be a psychologist, and I've noticed the western world is too focused on medicine rather than what could also be environmental and cause and effect from the past. Noe you might have a chemical imbalance. Take medicine for that first and try that, treat it like insulin for diabetics. But it could also be the above.

Trauma. Its a big one, have you had any trauma in your life? This could be anything from your mom constantly telling you you're not good enough (emotional abuse) , to physical abuse. It usually roots in your childhood and has effects on you later in life.

Think of it like when you experience trauma that this self of yours is frozen in time, still remains in you, and effects your actions and especially your thoughts from time to time. I would recommend a therapist to at least find out where this trauma comes from, they're really good at getting this out of you.

/thread.

I actually did reciprocate. I knew I was the more open minded out of the two of us. She was curious, we hit married straight out of high school. It became a bad experience for her. I don't want to get intiodetails, but let's just say she put kettle in a bad situation and got a bad outcome. This other chick was just a friend. My wife knew there was an attraction, chick was my type through and through. I didn't set anything up with her before running it past my wife. After everything came out, the other girl started saying things to me in private, I still told my wife these things. I wasn't trying tu be skeezy, it was just a situational thing that I never allowed myself to get into before this

I got ADHD, can't focus most of the time, which I waste a lot instead of using it in doing something productive -like artwork-. I failed 2 school subjects past semester and I'm not doing super well in this one. I'm 32 and haven't achieved anything in my life, haven't graduated from college, have no title, and even if I get it I don't even know if it's gonna be of any use.

It seriously pisses me off.

I personally fucked with a person and I was manipulated all the time by them to do shit I didn't want to do but they knew how how to sweet talk their way and make me say yes to basically everything.

This person wasnt even my partner. We were just fuck buddies but they knew I had strong feelings and they took advantage of that all while they were out fucking whoever they wanted they would get pissed at me and throw an attitude if they knew I was out with someone else.
It was basically ok for them to fuck others but not me. Of course they never directly said it but the passive aggressive language didn't fall on dead ears at all.

When me and this person called it off and decided to be friends I soon met their new partner.
Sweetest thing ever. Me and her became good friends.
Then I could see my friend on Instagram clearly calling this other girl his gf as well. And I KNOW the sweet girl I met would realistically not be ok with this but I've known his manipulating ways for so long that I know hes convinced her that if she cares for him that she will allow it.
It breaks my damn heart to see it.
I brought up the other girls name once and she quickly shut me down and didn't even want that name uttered so it's clear she doesn't want her bf to be fucking this other girl but hes manipulated her into accepting it.

So yea this poly bullshit pisses me off because I have to see a friend deal with it all the time but her self esteem is so low and hes made her into such a puppet I don't think she will ever leave

Because you asked me

Anyway onto solutions.

For those of you clouded with your thoughts, whether that be anxiety or depression, meditation and mindfulness training will help you get that shit until control. Think about the trauma and how it effects you in the mind of a child, looking into basic psychology and child development cycles will be helpful. Identify EMOTIONS associated with that, a lot of this is repressed emotions coming back to haunt you because they were never resolved.

For those of you who that doesn't work for: get your life together. You need a goal. You need to meet these goals, and you need a social life. Im sorry to tell you because you're on Yea Forums, i get it, you're an outcast, you don't want to go outside. But I'm telling you that isolation and an idle mind ramps up the depression and anxiety. Not everyone. But a majority.

Finally, shrooms. I'm not kidding, shrooms is like a shortcut to meditation, puts you outside yourself and forces you to think of life in long term, all in one. There was a famous twitch streamer that was fat, went on shrooms, decided that he wanted to lose weight, and lost a fuck ton (200lbs). His name, was greekgodx.

This will help a lot of you, but not all of you, there is nuance to a lot of cases that i simply can't solve without talking one on one with you. Maybe one day ill try identifying traumas and helping people that way.

A chemical imbalance maybe, but I still have this nagging feeling like I can do something to change it. It’s the failure that makes the depression worse.

>a living breathing pussy
Bollocks.

because Yea Forums
/thread

I'm sorry thwt you had this experience but your error is in projecting this onto others and thinking everyone feels the way you do, because of what you went through. It might even go so far as to be a defense mechanism through the emotional trauma you experienced.

First, what you describe in this relationship is separate from healthy relationships in general, so let's start there, and not paint all poly relationships in one broad strokes as i know many successful ones.

You can't change a chemical imbalance.

Clinical depression isn't about being sad user.
It's literally just an imbalance. It's your brain telling you something is wrong even if there's nothing wrong.
My life isn't even full of failure. Its pretty great. Sure not astounding but I'm luckier than a lot of people out there but clinical depression has a way of messing with your mind and making you feel sad even in the happiest of times. It's not even about failure at all user. That's what you don't understand.

Trust me, I've dealt with this close to 20 years and I made my peace with it a long time ago.
Most people who know me don't even know I have clinical depression because I have 20 years practice at hiding it

Epic fail

Not always, it is dangerous for you to say this, if this was true every type of depression would be solved or helped by medicine. That simply is not true, there's even temporary seasonal depression, shit is complicated.

Successful my ass. As I said before its typically the guy that wants to be poly and if hes lucky the girl has just low enough self esteem to accept it.
No one is truly happy to see the partner they love with someone else. That's a mental illness right there.

here's a logical couple view on it

youtu.be/1u8oYBDxEZg

Chemical imbalance is not recognized as a cause of depression.

My GF of 9 years has OCD and all sorts of anxieties and for the past 2 years they really started to wreck our sex life.

Whenever i try to engage something sexual she puts herself under so much preasure that she has to have sex with me or else i'd be disappointed, angry or what not that it gets impossible for her and she starts crying because she thinks she's constantly denying/disappointing...

I love her to bits and i would spend the rest of my life with her but i don't know how much longer i can deal with constantly beeing sexually frustrated...

sorry for my bad englisch

Oh an my wife has expressed bi curiosity, am attraction to the hotel, and often dirty talked to me about her. I don't think I was out of left field here

>temporary

The. It's not actual depression.

It's ok and normal to get sad and depressed when sad and depressing shit happens but real depression is feeling depressed even when great shit is happening and you logically know yourself there's no reason to be sad but you just can't help it.

It definitely is recognized Dumbass.

What do you think anti depressants are literally for retard?
They're made to fix the imbalance.

You thought they were just magical happy pills???

Because I have clinical depression
As someone aged 36 who's had depression since I was 19, one thing I wish I could drive people to understand is the difference between being depressed, and having depression.
Everyone gets depressed now and then, it's normal and natural, and only a problem if you lack coping skills and allow yourself to wallow in your own crapulence. Essentially, being depressed is only a problem if either
A) you're a weak-willed person or lack the emotional intelligence to get over yourself, or
B) your circumstances are consistently awful and it's keeping you down (no, not getting laid doesn't count)
Having depression is different. I'm highly susceptible to being depressed as a result, but that's not even the problem. I'm not even overly sad half the time. It manifests in different ways. I have zero, ZERO motivation. I don't enjoy anything anymore. I have no interest in anything. I struggle to get out of bed every day, because even presented with a wealth of recreational options, I don't have the energy to care about doing any of them.
Actual depression is the fucking worst.

It is not recognized as a cause, rather it is only recognized as a symptom.
Antidepressants alleviate the symptoms as painkillers alleviate the pain from a wound but doesn't fix the wound itself

health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression
>Research suggests that depression doesn't spring from simply having too much or too little of certain brain chemicals

Anti-depressants don't fix any imbalance.
Antidepressants build tolerance over time like any drug does by downregulating receptors or upregulating transporters.
If a chemical imbalance was a real thing the brain would upregulate receptors to compensate

>shrooms
This is the one thing a practicing psychologist doesn't do. Do not do this.
>shrooms is like a shortcut to meditation
Do not do this. Do not take the anecdote of some fat asshole on Twitch as proof of shrooms being the answer.

You will fuck your head.

no pussy for starters

???? So go to the petstore

name of the OP girl please

This.
Thank you for wording it better.

Many of these anons seem to be confusing be down" with actual depression. It's so much more than just feeling sad. It's no energy, its knowing you can easily make a situation easy but because of your lack of energy and motivation you end up creating a problem.
It's so much more than being sad and I hate it when people try to say they're depressed. When it's clear they're just going through a rough patch

name of the OP girl

You're mixing up terms.
Depression is feeling down.
Clinical depression is feeling down continuously for a long period of time ( I believe more than 3-6 months)

Two separate terms for two closely related things. Understandably, most people use depression while they mean clinical depression. Makes things kind of confusing

name of the OP girl please

I don't know, some random girl from Reddit r/selfies
Go ask over there

she is a celebrity ?

No, literally just some random girl with only this pic

Suicide is badass

she reminds me of a celebrity, can you tell me who ? i have the feeling that this girl look like someone else

If the brain did that all by itself, there wouldn't be such thing as SSRI's. Holy shit you are a fucking retard

Girls are for babies, boys are for fun. If you want to be poly go be gay.

Attached: 1567450293108.png (599x467, 482K)

What do you mean, create problems? I can function just fine. I've been forcing myself to do things for half of my life. Never really enjoy living, but I have my escape activities to make a bit more room to breathe

there shouldn't be, people buy into the scam.
Depression is caused by too much masturbation.

Fucking this.

That's the whole point of an imbalance. Your brain clearly isn't fucking working right.

Just like how I have hypothyroidism. My brain doesn't give enough signals to my body to create the hormones I need.
It's just a fuck up of the brain.
The brain isn't always perfect.
Sometimes we are just born with our wiring off

The definition isn't very accurate though, it's just extremely hard to express medically because ultimately so little about it is understood. Someone can be depressed for a very long time, years even, but still not have depression. That probably accounts for the majority of people who claim to have depression, but it's not the same. In most of those cases it's also self-imposed through poor lifestyle choices, including poor diet, poor hygeine, no exercise and social isolation. It's a kind of depression for sure, but not true clinical depression. Clinical depression is far nastier, a condition with no cure, you just have to manage it as best you can.

Way to give hope

Well for example like back in school.
I knew i had to do homework but i never did because i never had the energy and motivation to do it so I'd end up failing. Even though I knew the homework wasnt that hard and I could just do it and make life easier. I couldn't get myself to ever do it.

Or even today. I could be hungry and I know I could just get up out of bed and eat something but I don't have the energy to want to get up so I end up basically starving myself for hours till my partner comes home and makes me eat.

Those are the kind of problems I mean

Because I lost a close friend and my mother in December and am still working through that. Plus I have bills piling up with not job or income. I barely ever leave the house and when I do it's usually only to go to a friend's that lives like 5 or 6 miles from my house. I was supposed to have plans to get out of the town I'm in and hangout with someone I haven't seen in 5 years but that fell through. I'm 27 and have no direction in life. Meanwhile, most of the people I knew from school or social gatherings are starting careers, getting married, and having kids while I'm stuck. Stuck in a treadmill that is my life.

It is kinda hopeful for the 99% of people on this board who are depressed, but don't have depression. Fix your lifestyle and you can be healthier and happier, you don't need pills you just need a life.
It's only the clinically depressed who are stuck with it. In that case, like anyone else who has a condition, you just have to try to make the best of things. I'm very experienced with it all now, I'm not even sad most of the time, just kind of.... killing time.

None of you retards is depressed
>le chemical imbalance
Lol

Hmm, nah. It sounds like you've made up some definitions for yourself and hold that as truth.
There's the DSM, which exists to literally define psychological disorders as accurately as possible. It also has a definition for clinical depression as well as ways to treat it.
It is absolutely treatable. And the cause is only relevant for best treatment method, not for the definition.

Someone who isolates themselves and doesn't take care of themselves can be clinically depressed just as much as someone with an unresolved trauma can be.

According to the DSM-V you suffer from special snowflake syndrome; wanting to be recognized as different and special because you don't have anything going on your life and you're "so misunderstood".
Treatment is a large dose of shut the fuck up you don't know what you're talking about.

Guess my therapist and psychiatrist were all just incorrect in their diagnoses?

Being smarter that 90% people around me

Neither of those people measured your chemicals for balance and you fucking know it. What were the measurements for the various neurotransmitters? How did they measure it? Over what length of time?

I have measured your ability to problem-solve compared to your ability to be a faggot and they are however rather unbalanced

Yes they were.
"Chemical imbalance" is something a therapist says when
1. They're uninformed idiots who have not kept up with developments in their field
2. They just don't know how to treat you and they don't feel like putting in any more effort

I'm 33 and wasted my teens and 20s being responsible and taking care of my mom who's very irresponsible.

Now I'm fat and clinging to a job I hate because I've been there since I was 18 and fear I can't do anything else.

Also, I'm attracted to girls like OP posted, but now I'm too old and fat to even approach them.

Attached: FB_IMG_1580866141789.jpg (433x273, 9K)

because I'm 27 and have reached everything I wanted to reach without much effort and it feels really empty. It feels like I think too much about stuff for it to just happen and be fun.

Bet you've never sucked dick before, you homo

it is not one of my goals, no

I got a ridiculously small dick

lol, post pic

Do you have a family?

Its ok not to be ok.

Attached: foto+chuy.jpg (754x1000, 231K)

I’m autistic and a drug addict and not a virgin but an incel for sure

Well I live alone in a foreign country for my work but I do have a gf in my home country and I go back once or twice a month for about a week each. But no kids, neither do I want any

dad was murdered in a hallway adjacent to where I was being held at gunpoint, he was looking for me, it's why he got out of bed at all. he was pretending to be mad but really he was worried. they killed him for saying the word "no". he had no last words beyond a surprised scream when a 16 year old black male shot him.

i'm a nazi now, i have nazi friends, it's fun. we're planning to kill you because you're all racist liars.

Attached: 1555734730493.png (414x248, 67K)

Yessssss

I have cancer , my father abandoned me and my mom hates me

Stress induced clinical depression. My understanding is it a malfunction in the limbic system, to do with the synapse.

Medication, rest, talking to a professional will all probably help.

Im reading: Depressive illness the curse of the strong by Dr Tim Cantopher

To try and understand whats going on.

Few people saying you have to get up out there, pick your self up go to the gym, goal set ect.
This isn't the solution for this form of depression

The guilt and self loathing that are part of the illness so stop condemning yourself. Your body needs time to heal rest is important.

It was just 1 nigger.

Holy shit you must have zero ambition. I could fill 10,000 years with activities just using the physical capacities of my current body

same here
i'm always looking for new thing to like/do to keep me alive, but i'm 38 now and just stop hoping... I just wait the end patiently now.

Im an airline pilot making more than 12k a month so thats not really without ambition I would say. I passed the highest level of highschool in my country as a preparation

it sucks man.

I do "fun" things all the time but it never really feels forfilling

The best i could find is travelling a lot, especially Japan, and drink the best i find.
And when broke find a very busy/tireing job to keep me out of thinking.

yeah but I already travel to a lot of places for my work but it doesnt really help for me

Father prefers to self pity than to actually be a father for my entire life, crazy bitch of a mother, "best friends" constantly just decide do ignore me for long periods of time, love of my life I was with for almost 3 years left me because I didn't love myself and blocked me on everything, highschool dropout because of all of the above, live in shitty house I rent a room in that has mold in the bathroom and just shitty place in general... Should I keep going?

Tits or gtfo

Then you're a drone. How can you have those resources and opportunities and not the imagination to use them in fulfilling ways? Move aside for somebody who does

Try to do it not for work, just go without any plan, go random, any direction, any day, forcing destiny to make something happen.
I hope you the best

it turned out to be 9 niggers even though I only personally counted 5 before they forced me to look at the floor at gunpoint for the rest of the time. my neighbor across the street had put up a camera because someone sawed off his jeep's catalytic converter

sacramento ca if you need a city name to avoid, disinvest in and rightfully hate. if you send your employees here the males will be robbed and killed and the females will become the wombs of the indian people who can't afford to live in san fransisco where they actually work and so must drive carbon dioxide producing cars 6 hours a day because silicon valley is so liberal and fucking cares about the earth.

Attached: 1583132735249.gif (500x375, 249K)

I think Im falling in love with a friend. She lives with her bf. The next couple of months are gonna hurt me plenty.

thats the whole point... if nothing feels forfilling it doesnt matter how much you can or cannot do

myeah me and a friend are gonna go somewhere next month, we'll see how it goes

Hereditarily depressed, immune disease with no cure, unsightly patches all over body, brother took own life, unemployed, grand wizard, alcoholic to cope with it all.

Thats why.

Fulfilling

>being 20-something with friends

get ready to be 30-something and have no friends and nowhere to go, it seem unimaginable now but it will happen in a hurry the second everyone is 30-32 years old. humans are incredibility predictable and not smart at all. in 5-8 years you will be intellectually alone for the rest of your life.

Attached: 1583114273678.jpg (1280x1768, 211K)

thanks

only maybe when my gf gets sick of me but still I have a lot of friends so theres no way they will all go away

THICCCC
HNNNNGGGHHHH

I WANNA STICK MY DICK IN SOME THICCCC 2D PUSSY

All my goals are years down the road, I have nothing short-term to look forward too.

This thread makes me sad as a practicing psychologist, so much misinformation and literally people pulling things out of their asses and thinking their experience applies to all people. No wonder so many of you are depressed and lost, you get fed all this bullshit and you think it's true because it's the culture you grew up in. Even those of you with avtual depression struggling for YEARS spouting things that just aren't true, wanting to help but actually end up hurting others with your heavily biased anecdotes instead.

Oh yes they will. Wifes and girlfriends will ruin those friendships in your 30's. Before you know it she'll make up all kinds of reasons why she doesn't want to be around them. Hell, maybe even your family too. Before you know it, youre 33, dont see your lifelong pals much anymore and shes isolated you from everything that was fun in your life. You'll see.

Working a stressful dead end job now because I made the mistake of quitting my last dead end job that wasn’t that bad compared to the new job. Feel like I fucked myself into a corner I can’t get out of.

Point out the falsehoods instead of making generalized statements

just because you got cucked, doesnt mean I will as well. me and my gf regularly meet up with our friends separately as well as together..

agreed

>nah, get ready for everyone to be old and done with everything.

considering I have hepatitis C what does you faggot ass think of what I think of women

surprise, they're all either tryhards or whores. their biological role limits them to this. it's not sexist to say benig a human female is fundamentally embarrassing.

old people would starve you commies if they really could

Attached: 1583010794809.jpg (660x439, 21K)

Above all I couldn't say. There's a lot of things I could easily blame for it but I don't know think I could pin down exactly why I'm like this
>pic related

Attached: 145111595828.jpg (486x720, 31K)

I said 2D pussy, you troglodyte

Was the baby planned?

no

just no

Attached: 1426758812235.jpg (125x125, 2K)

realising being alive is actually not important at all
and we will forget it in the end

birds are not that important

There's actually so much that i don't even know where to start nor do i think it will be fruitful. I did already point some out in that statement.

List of lies:
1. People here saying depression isn't real and to just "get over it"
2. Certain types of depression aren't "real depression"
3. Therapists and psychologists and psychiatrists don't know shit
4. Lack of understanding that depression itself prevents the stepping stones to getting out of depression and rhus requires outside help/influence (such as therapy/antidepressants)
5. Lack of understanding of different types of depression
6. Lack of understanding of nuance in general
7. My experience equals everyone's experience
8. You should listen to me because I've been through depression, way too much emphasis on anecdotes
9. Lack of understanding how antidepressants work and their purpose
10. Logic isn't always more important than emotion, especially when it comes to thinks like trauma, which have far more emotional bearings. Anxiety isn't rational. Stop trying to logic everything

Honestly i could go on and on.. I basically just meant to say with my last statement that if you have depression or any mental illness, you really should avoid this thread because a majority of it is just misinformation, heavy bias, and without actually knowing said things, you won't be able to tell which is which, thus harming most people in the process because people's experiences (for example trauma being a cause of depression) is incredibly nuanced and complex and DIFFERENT for each individual. Don't be a retard and take what you see here as actual medical advice, please.

Would also like to add that if you don't see this very VERY clearly, you are likely part of the problem.

shut the fuck up you devilish piece of crap

birds are very important

Don't worry I'm going to bed soon

youre just saying that to make him feel better

>3. Therapists and psychologists and psychiatrists don't know shit
Therapists and such are human and may be lacking in knowledge. Blindly trusting them, even regarding diagnoses is totes dumb.
Anecdote, but fuck you it's relevant, some friends of mine have gotten wildly different diagnoses from different professionals within the timespan of a year.
A lot of knowledge and theories that were thought to be true 50 years ago have changed or been disproven. If you have some old geezer in front of you with outdated knowledge, it's not too unlikely that he'll say stupid shit

Ducks are assholes

Yeah it was, we tried for it for 2 months.

I dont know :/

pee pee poo poo