How does Yea Forums like their steaks?

how does Yea Forums like their steaks?
medium-well or well-done?

Attached: steak.png (407x588, 390K)

Rare

Firm, but with a little give.

Well done master race checking in, rarefags get out

I prefer to kill it in the field by stabbing it enough to down the cattle, then using my strong man teeth to rip chunks out of it while it moos in agony, as the fear ensures extra blood flow so the meat stays juicy and tender.

so rare, I guess

Same as the president has his, well done with ketchup.

So basically you are a nigger

based

Nice. I very much enjoy having a bite off the soles of my shoes every now and then as well.

I don't usually eat steak but medium is ideal for me. Steak sits too heavy in my stomach.

Competition BBQer here!

Wish there was a technical word for the study of meat but there isn't but that's exactly what I've been doing for years.
I study cuts, how salts and cooking methods break fats down and everything in between.

I'd never go past medium. It completely ruins a steak

Always ITT: teenage scrubs fighting over how they like mom to cook their $5.99/lb walmart slab.

Corona panic

cooking meat ruins it?
I mean, sure, if you burn it or maybe dry it out but you can make a steak pretty crispy without either of those things happening.
funny how people only complain about cooking a steak too much and yet no one complains about a well cooked hamburger or brisket making wild claims that it robs it of flavor or makes it taste like a shoe.

Medium rare. Use to eat well done until my mates showed me true heaven

A really high fat steak can be nice well done, so you can get the crispy bits of fat. Now, if you have a steak like the ones in that picture, you should punch anyone in the face if they go well done.

>people only complain about cooking a steak too much and yet no one complains about a well cooked hamburger
These are two totally different kinds of meat. Start doing your own grocery shopping and then we'll talk.

American BBQ is disgusting, if you want to try how meat should actually taste like come to Argentina and ill fuckin show you, mutt

???
A steak shouldn't be "crispy"
It should melt in your mouth. Sure nice sear is good but I wouldn't call it a "crispy" texture lol

And as the other user said, hamburgers and brisket are totally different types of meats. There are some that need to be cooked fully and some that honestly shouldn't be

I don't want to go to Africa

That might be personal preference. I don't like fat to crisp up so much as try to render it to the point where it essentially melts into the steak itself and creating a softer steak

I actually have an Argentinan friend that's an amazing cook. I also got some pointers from him. I'm a fan of cooking in numerous styles

If your meat doesn't fall apart you're doing it wrong.

Are you OP or the competition BBQ user

90% of Yea Forums belongs on /s/

I'm the comp bbq user.

There are many Argentinian steakhouses in America, you don't actually have to travel there to try their food.

I just mean some crisp on the outside not like burnt.
Also sometimes cooking can make a meat softer and with steak especially if it is too chewy which is a problem with some steaks then cooking it can help make it less so and more edible.

Yeah, I suppose your argument about different meats make sense and I agree that some steaks which are good cut can be really delicious even with not cooking it too much but I still think it is exaggeration to say that cooking it well-done ruins it or makes it shoe.
I have had file mignon well done and it was delicious though perhaps it was better the other time when I had it much more rarer but still the point remains it was both times good.

Attached: canniba.png (760x760, 188K)

bloody af

Depends on the cut of steak
You shouldn't have a well marbled steak anything below medium
Likewise a cut like a rump can be eaten most ways but a thicker piece should be more more cooked done to get the heat through
A thinner piece could be flashed at blue/rare

Anyone that says they like their steak at a specific temp doesn't eat many steaks at all, or is admitting to not knowing shit about them.

juuuuuuust shy of medium well

I find steak typically harder to chew when its cooked more. Its typically tougher and its texture becomes more "granulated" which Is a texture i personally cannot stand.

And with filet mignon its pretty hard to mess up so it's not suprising that even well done it doesn't taste bad. That's because the cut of meat itself is usually marbled well and requires little prep work.
There's a reason why filet mignon is an expensive cut lol

I think you meant to say "above" medium

OP is a little sissy faggot who doesn't like the taste of blood...

If it's really good quality, then blue or rare, if it isn't the medium-rare.

Attached: 1565381846596.jpg (870x674, 70K)

Medium rare and smothered in hidden valley® ranch

Ranch? On steak? You fucking heathen. Neck yourself.

oog oog me caveman me like drink blood

Attached: 1549973986357.jpg (750x1028, 86K)

Not him but I dislike A1 sauce.
its so damn sweet, its like coating your steak in sugar.
lots of other BBQ type sauces also suck.

Yeah, blood definitively beats dressing or other repulsive stuff some sausage riders put on their steaks...

The red juice in steak isn't blood, it is myoglobin.

Lol I was just gonna say that

Were driving me nuts.

No (you)

what kind of retarded scale is this. anyway, medium-rare masterrace

lol'd

Well done with Ketchup. I don't want to see any blood in there.