How the fuck do I find someone to share an apartment with? I'm 25...

How the fuck do I find someone to share an apartment with? I'm 25, and want to get the fuck out of my mom's house; it's getting bad again. I have $12,000 saved up. I don't have any friends; is Craigslist the only option?

Attached: 1549755118829.jpg (334x728, 112K)

How do I avoid getting fleeced or raped or something? I hate the idea of living with people I don't know, but I don't have any other option.

Rooms for rent on facebook marketplace have been successful for me.

kill your mom, problem solved

Do you live in New Jersey or the Philadelphia area?

No, I'm in MD...

You got a job or something tying you to the area? I'm in a similar situation, looking for a roommate but I don't wanna leave my $18/hr job in South Jersey.

yeah, I'm making $16.25 but I'm not trying to move states

1) Don't burn a bridge - ala get in a fight and have no escape place with your Mom. Getting out on your own is good - not being able to get back in dire need is bad.
2) Start talking to friends and co-workers. Getting someone to 'vouch' for another is your best bet going in totally blind! But rooming with another is a major crap shoot always - you'll likely NOT get someone you'll appreciate - and you may have to go through a few - so make sure there are no long term commitments either. Get the word out there that you're 'looking' - surely someone else knows someone who just lost their place - is looking for a roomie - or is in a similar situation as you are.
3) I'd recommend renting a room first - usually, at worst you're only committed for 60 days. You get some freedom to experience rooming with people - and renting a room usually means less interaction than having a roommate. But know full well you're in their house renting from them - a private individual. Renting your own studio is more advisable if you're financially capable. But renting a room can give you exposure without as much risk.
4) Fleeced or raped...guessing you're female. But you may be shocked to hear that there are very FEW people that engage in those activities - you'll likely end up paying an unfair share of something well before rape or theft or other disparaging thing happens. Yes it's possible - but statistically low. Most people are just like you - hoping/praying they don't get a weirdo as a roommate also. Additionally - don't be a weirdo!
5) Craigslist - facebook marketplace - newspaper classifieds - and real estate agent/brokers are you best bet on leads. Also - can check bulletin boards at apartment buildings - used to be common - but unlikely in today's electronic age.

Best of l uck

I wish you luck, my best advice is to download the app Meetup. You can go to all sorts of meetups, I used to go to "single over 21" meetups where you just drink and talk, and board game ones especially at bars. Just try to make casual acquaintances, and always mention you're looking for a roommate

12k saved. You should just rent yourself a little studio. Roommates suck anyways.

All good advice, I'm renting a room now. $400/month, sucks I can't bring women back here because I'd feel scummy even if they allowed it lol but it's a good way to save up and have autonomy.

Nah, OP makes 16.25/hr. Not being a dick, in many places in the US even a studio apartment is like 600 a month.

If you're paying 400 a month you're ALLOWED to do what any other law abiding person is doing. You can also have quiet sex - it's neither scummy, or improper (but it is respectful to others peace and quiet). Also they do have these things called motels - if you need more privacy. Just say'n. It's not like you're bringing home girls nightly - but I've been there - wanting to be intimate with someone outside your comfort zone is a bitch. Anyway - I'd suggest a studio since you're already familiar with renting a room. That's your next step...because having a roommate could also have with it privacy/intimacy issues.

I know, I just can't find a studio under 600 in my area and I'll reaaaallly miss that extra 200. Wah.

LIke the other poster said - get yourself out there with meetup...bars...local groups, churches, parks, dogwalking - etc. Get out there, and be friendly - make some friends build a base to work from - as you broaden the number of folks that know you the better your chances. Be investing that 200 bucks into bettering yourself - and heck you may just be getting 'out there' so much you'll have no real need/desire to leave until things change for the better.

And yeah, I grew up with a mom who had a no girls allowed in my room policy and am fucked up with privacy issues lol

Imagine being insecure about other people hearing you have sex. Sex is fucking normal, it’s people like you that put it on some plinth

600 a month is p cheap for a studio tbh

I am working on bettering myself, just recently. Coming out of a multi-year stretch of horrible depression and daily drinking. Fuck this stage of life lol

Yeah I have childhood trauma yawannafightabouddit

You say it's getting bad there - not sure why. But I'd sit your mom down and have a birds and the bees talk with her - and let her know unequivicably that you're an adult - not to mention paying rent - and therefore have the same rights that anyone else would...the 'no girls' rule ended when you hit 18 buddy - you just haven't had the balls to have that conversation with her.

You're mixing me up with OP, OP is probs a girl and hasn't posted in a hot minute

In Scotland we don’t hit little girls.

Yeah when I do the math I could afford it, I just get depressed by the math kek. It shows me how much money I spend on bullshit when I'm bored (and drinking)

I'm not a girl. I think she's mad that she found alcohol in my room. Granted, I used to drink so badly I would shake, but I only drink on the weekends, and I don't take off work, and I bust my ass every day. She's pissed and it's stressing me out

Stay clean...stay sober - and congrats on that! Remember too your mom has a good reason to keep you there also. 400 bucks 'found money' is really nice - I suspect for a single mom - as a single dad I'd love for my 19 year old to be able to help out with 400 bucks a month. But with that cost comes certain privledges and rights.

Lol I wonder what your deep dark stuff is that makes you fuck with people who are comfortable being vulnerable, maybe you like to wear dresses?

Yeah - did confuse you with OP - sorry mate!

Yeah, you gotta get outta there. I have a similar mom. She'll never see you as an adult until you show her you are one by leaving.

How naive of you to believe everything that comes out of someone’s mouth on the internet.

>Kek
Ok retard

When I was 19 I was living at home paying 50 a week

Yea that’s the thing, so many people budget terribly
I’ve made only 150 a month left after rent before, and lived very comfortably. You just need to stop buying useless shit and eating out everyday. I even managed to save up

If you got 12k in the bank and are making 16 an hour full time 600 should be very doable.

>mouth
Fingers

You’re a
>cunt

Again I am not OP, sorry lol we have similar situations I think I confused people

It's even sadder, I make 18/hr and have jack shit in the bank. This paycheck is "the one where I start saving" if all goes according to plan. We'll see.

Too busy fucking sheep, amirite?

Think you’re thinking of Wales, close though so you get points for that.

Ah, love infighting between regional accents. People unable to speak clearly because they're too drunk, touting pride in the specific WAYS in which they can't talk

Infighting? Scotland and Wales are only connected through the tumour that is England. Nothing more, nothing less