What do you think about the .700 Nitro Express

What do you think about the .700 Nitro Express

>basically a fucking elephant gun

Attached: 04B6B033-873C-448E-BDF8-30DD8003CFDA.jpg (1048x634, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EsTKFnThh6Q
time.com/5777977/botswana-elephant-hunting/
rockislandauction.com/detail/72/2346/57-rounds-of-holland-holland-700-nitro-express-ammunition
youtube.com/watch?v=qUXoNUzAyvk
gun.deals/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hunting elephants is illegal and I'm reporting your post.

>Basically

It is an elephant gun. What else you gonna use it for?

How many refugees can it kill with one blast?

pussy round for little girls.

Not if you buy a permit.

>Probably about $200,000 a head

Looks rowdy. Turn your shoulder purple.

youtu.be/EsTKFnThh6Q

They should make a wheelgun that fires this cartridge

Might as well be $200,000,000 in Africa

T. Rex.

>I'm reporting your post.
You fucking redditfags need to fucking leave. We're all gonna gorepost if you don't stop acting like fags

DAYUM that'll kill just about any animal on earth even if you hit it in the foot

He could shoot through all of Baltimore when he does drivebys.

Yea well properly supervised hunting in Africa ends up conserving the population because it funds anti-poaching and efforts to safeguard the wildlife

Something the bleeding heart libs don’t want you to know about

Big boy gun

I want one

why double barrel instead of bolt action

Mmm yes, take that juicy bait.

No short faced bears around here in the last 11,000 years.... .308 will take out grizzly. Yeah, I don't need one for anything. Have fun, though.

Skeet shooting...

sometimes you need a quick follow up shot. if you can manage the recoil.

shooting mosquitoes with that thing seems a bit overkill

Thats not 700 nitro you fucking idiot and yes it is an elephant gun or "stoping gun" round.

Attached: 7pUK-cxHwtBVSbC6cqmK7MJvg9-eTA20xCHGNuRJaXA.jpg (2877x3264, 902K)

2nd amendment nuts would tell you it's good for home defense, or just open carry to see people's reactions.

>Implying street shitters don't drive elephants into a muderous rage
Lookup the .700WTF. too bad if you want one you gotta make it yourself, both the gun and ammo.

Fuck that, pull both triggers.

>Basically a fuckin' elephant gun
>technically, this is a fuckin' elephant gun
>to put it in scientific parlance, this is a fuckin' elephant gun
>In the jargon of the uneducated , .700 Nitro would be referred to as an elephant gun
>Ah yes Charles, the infamous .700 Nitro Express, colloquially referred to as an 'elephant gun,' this exuberant rifle is capable of defeating an African Pachyderm in a single salvo, should the bearer be of sufficient constitution.

Nothing with big penetration is good for home defense. If someone ever starts messing with your windows or doors in the middle of the night, you'll change your tune real quick about home defense firearms. Pro Tip: They rarely come alone.

>double fist that fat bitch!
i like the way you think

>' this exuberant rifle is capable of defeating an African Pachyderm in a single salvo, should the bearer be of sufficient constitution.'
What a manly quote.

Not very practical for anything smaller than elephant, and is overkill even for that. Its target market is rich old dudes who collect rifles that range from costing as much as a car to more than a house, so practicality wasn't really high on the list of requirements.

That said it looks fucking fun as all fuck to shoot once, but shit runs like $100 a round.

The second amendment is there to ensure the people are armed to kill any tyrants that would subvert our freedoms.

Attached: 1545108614186m.jpg (640x489, 48K)

I've spent most of my adult life hoping I would find an affordable 8ga shotgun, but then I learned 4ga exists.

newfags beware, the bait is out in full force

Thy just auctioned off permits at a reserve.
The sold like 19 out of 20.
Last permit didn't hit minimum bid of $16,000.
Apparently killing elephants is cheap.

Damn tyrannical school children!

bla bla

Appropriate image for thread, I unironically would love a 45mm gun

Attached: 138.png (643x865, 295K)

Attached: ymwqrsl9v9501 (1).jpg (1132x478, 56K)

My bad.
Minimum was $18,300.

time.com/5777977/botswana-elephant-hunting/

God, I'm crying...

looks like another meme desert eagle type gun

The picture is just a glock dude.

45mm isn't a real pistol caliber. It'd be 4x as big as a .50 caliber. This is a 45mm shell.

Attached: 45mm shell.jpg (194x259, 12K)

Fuckin' /k/, man.

Very large niggers.

Found the kike.

Attached: (((nose))).png (377x392, 68K)

either way,ill admit.desert eagle has the only .44 magnum caliber pistol ive seen

How dumb can you be, cunt?

>cunt

whatever,your probably some noguns europoor anyway

and even if you are american,you got about 4 more years left before the 2nd ammendment is non existant

You can't talk your way out of genuinely thinking fucking 45mm was a handgun calibre.

>2nd amendment nuts
>if you say any offensive words once you ruin your entire career forever

Attached: g1.jpg (651x383, 84K)

Kike detected

Come and take them, kike.

Attached: 1580528456496.jpg (785x731, 295K)

As a person who has shot at people trying to break into my house I dont think you know what you're talking about you fucking kike

Are you talking about the big penetration part or the other part?

Checkem

Niggers run when they see a .357
We need to wipe them and you fucking likes out

What the fuck are you even talking about cousin fucker?

I was legitimately asking a question, because over penetration is absolutely a factor for home defense, especially depending on where you live.

Now have your sister take her .38 special and fuck you in the ass with it

Walmart whales

TF you talking about nuggets running from a .357 for? A .357 eats .45 acp for breakfast, of course people should run from a .357

>It is an elephant gun. What else you gonna use it for?
Rhinos, Hippos, in fact any big game.

the only gun for me is one that you'll hear for miles and feel for days.

Attached: 155mm.gif (600x476, 143K)

Imagine using both barrels.
The double-barrel rifle gives you the quickest second shot (if you're man enough).

/k/ will give you better opinions

>because over penetration is absolutely a factor for home defense,
If you are shooting game, most jurisdictions mandate deforming (hollow-point, soft-nose, etc) rounds. This is to ensure the beast is killed rather than wounded.
If you are shooting people the law says you must not use deforming rounds. So that you do not cause grevious wounds.

>If you are shooting people the law says you must not use deforming rounds.
No it doesn't.

Right over your fucking head.
I was talking about the round of choice

>No it doesn't.
Citation required.
Of course, if you live in a primitive country the rules are arbitrary.

The old four bores could cause a detached retina.

Yes, citation required. Post the law you are referencing right now or fuck off.

Are you that fucking stupid??
Hollow points and the most commonly used bullet type in home defense situations

Attached: DavyCrockett2.jpg (1309x1058, 207K)

Attached: badaboom.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

all these soyboys acting like they are gun experts.lol,go back to your local antifa group now

You going to throw your virginity at me too, faggotboi?

Newfag

I don't like it to well. I find my flabby soyboy bitch tits jiggle to much from the kickback. I'd rather just watch tv, in my room, with my friends and drink bubble tea.

>Damn tyrannical school children!

Attached: 1572488140255.jpg (397x366, 52K)

For most people, shooting at a range. A .22 can be fun because you can shoot all day for cheap, but sometimes it's just hilarious to let loose with something that throws you back and leaves a big hole in the target. Something that hits your shoulder, rattles your teeth, blurs your vision, and throws dust & dirt at the backstop.

uhh, there's not really any "most people" when it comes to .700NE.

It is unironically cheaper to buy 20mm anti-tank/anti-aircraft shells. That's if you can even find .700 NE, literally anywhere. It is rare enough it goes up for auction. Here's a lot of 57 rounds. rockislandauction.com/detail/72/2346/57-rounds-of-holland-holland-700-nitro-express-ammunition

It sold for $4,888, and that was a few years ago.

It's basically a magnum shotgun slug. It was made for fun and to be a meme for /k/eks.

Clint Eastwood used a .44 magnum AutoMag in one of the Dirty Harry movies

Fucking dis, when boogaloo kicks off. Lel

Attached: 1576039850951.jpg (720x775, 90K)

you can explain that to the FBI.

Attached: Tip Sent.png (411x101, 37K)

Lol. No how to unrape sister no care. Tabs missing

And yet here you are complaining like a bitch

you mean the Super Shotgun?
yeah, it kills big-nosed demons real good.

Attached: Fascion.jpg (440x581, 306K)

Came here to post this. Looks like 505 Gibbs.

why do the rounds cost $100 per?

Metal Gear

Any where from $50+

yeah, but why so expensive? is gunpowder just that expensive?

Hard to get ammo, it’s a speciality ammo that is in very limited supply

I think that anyone buying this must have micropenis of biblical proportions.

youtube.com/watch?v=qUXoNUzAyvk
It's a specialty elephant/dangerous game hunting round developed by a distinguished boutique company known for their hand-crafted rifles. Not a single part of that is cheap. The CHEAPEST guns that were made for this round started at $10,000. They go to well over $200,000.

That's not even getting into the actual manufacturing aspect. The bullet is ~4x heavier than a .50BMG, the case is fuckhuge, and here's the biggest part: it is again, made for a very, very small market. There is no economy of scale because there is no large scale production of the round. It's not based on any prior existing case so there's no factory tooled up to make it. The rounds are nearly as custom as the guns. They're very expensive to make, and the target market is very small, and very wealthy, meaning they can afford whatever the round costs if they can afford the gun in the first place.

A bolt action that can handle those pressures is possible but is very heavy and often extremely unwieldy. The right of an entire extra barrel isn't anything to scoff at either, but a break action is a more robust and reliable system, and many things you'll be hunting with that thing will likely try to kill you if the first shot doesn't kill them. You NEED that second shot to go bang when you pull the trigger and you need it to be available immediately.

>There is no economy of scale because there is no large scale production of the round. It's not based on any prior existing case so there's no factory tooled up to make it. The rounds are nearly as custom as the guns.
thank you

Attached: KathyGriffinBlonde.jpg (397x594, 40K)

u're mum

>you are mum
?

This

fuck yeah, that's the gun i'd like to shoot my brains out with.

Attached: 1555321584044.gif (500x395, 1.85M)

You think guns are only used for school shootings lol? Here’s a tip: don’t be a fucking dick. It’s the idiots who think it’s ok to fuck with people on the daily that get lead in their fucking brain. And if you don’t think tyrants exist, just take a look at “great” Britain. Revolutions happen entirely because of governments like theirs. Guns are essential are you fucking know it, stop playing the class retard and accept it.

Unless you are in Utah..I'm pretty sure it illegal to use those (just found out NV lets you use em)

I hope you didn't skip shoulder day..just sayin

pic related..i keep this on my belt

Attached: Promo of EDC.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Attached: edgeville.png (1034x878, 44K)

That's not .700 nitro. .700 nitro is not a necked cartridge, the one in your pic is, retard.

I’ve seen those at local gun stores. Are they any good? They look like pea shooters to be honest. I don’t want to use a Glock for self-defense due to the weird ass safety mechanisms that I don’t trust. I’ve been thinking about a Five-Seven, but I every place that I check doesn’t have them in stock. Would you recommend that for self-defense? Just a temporary solution since I’m having shit luck with the Five-Seven.

Been trying to find out round from tremors film from basement scene. What was the gun used.... 700 nitro

Or 4 bore shotgun

Thanks

Ooo sick burn. Try harder fag.

no need to. It's far from being considered a banned shooting medium. matter of fact it doesn't even require NFA permit.

Forgot to add, if you’re gonna recommend me something else, no Ruger’s please. Their pistols jam like fucking crazy.

aren't rugers cheap garbage?

Deringer should be the last line of defense as far as self defense is concerned. I would take a .380 semi auto pistol over a .357 Derringer. With most Derringers you only get two shots. Five seveNs can be hard to find at local shops, Ruger has a new 57 pistol that takes the same rounds and is much easier to find, though both 57 pistols are on the bulkier side. For EDC, I would recommend a smaller .380 or 9mm pistol like the S&W M&P bodyguard with a couple extra mags.

Yes lol. Found that out the hard way.

10-22's and mini-14's are both fantastic semi automatic rifles made by Ruger, I have heard great things about Nighthawks as well. Ruger makes a hand full of great firearms.

Scared of using Ruger due to personal experience. And that’s what bothered me the most with the Derringer. I’d like to have more than a couple shots when and if the need arises. I’ve seen those M&P’s, but I’ve never fired one. So an S&W M&P bodyguard? I guess I’ll look into that and maybe make that my next gun purchase. Thanks. I don’t know if the Five-SeveN is selling like hotcakes or maybe their just not producing enough. Still, wish I could find one of those. Maybe someday.

Its a giant bullet that doesn't serve much purpose.

Ruger revolvers are good. Autoloading pistols are basically cheap crap. Rifles are meh.

Are you a living meme?
>want a five seven
They're shit. They somehow made a single-action trigger bad, the safety location is retarded, the entire gun feels like a cheap toy, the sights are junk, and it just overall has build quality that falls far, far short of its pricetag. You buy any other pistol at the 5-7's pricepoint and you are getting a top of the line handgun. Not so with it.
>derringers
stop
>self defense handgun
Since you don't seem to want a Glock action I'm gonna assume what you want is a manual safety lever and a hammer-fired action. CZ P01, Sig p229, HK P30sk, Beretta Px4 compact would be ones I suggest looking at.
>I don’t want to use a Glock for self-defense due to the weird ass safety mechanisms that I don’t trust
Gaston Glock is a much better engineer than you are.

Seems unnecessary

Reminds me of High-Point. I love their .995TS but I’ve heard their pistols are bad too. I’ll look into those, and Nighthawks as well. Firearm purchasing can be nerve-wracking due to the whole “all sales are final” thing. Always looking for info on good guns for recreation and defense. So thank you.

It was the manual safety and 21-round capacity that attracted me to the Five-SeveN. And I’ve seen those Sig p229’s as well. They’re pretty sharp, but I didn’t look into them yet. Wasn’t sure if it’d be a better choice than the Five-SeveN. And I’m not an engineer at all lol. Still, that’s like saying my criticism is invalid just because I’m not an expert in the field. I don’t trust the safety, that’s my only complaint. It has a nice magazine capacity, and at mid-range I can hit my target at least 50% of the time. But I want a manual safety switch so I don’t accidentally put a bullet in my leg just because I had a tard moment. Whatever I get must have a manual safety, and be as powerful as it is reliable.

Dumb——-ass

you would be incinerated by the cylinder gap and pulverized by the recoil.

Id say take this shit to /k but they're probably in mourning over the loss of bump stocks they never owned.

Well, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere than the five seven. The same amount of money gets you a lot more gun with almost anything else. FN just keeps the price high because until this year, if you wanted to shoot 5.7 out of a pistol, it was the one and only option. The capacity is very nice, but every single other quality that makes a handgun worth buying is lacking in the five seven.

/k/ here, you're a faggot.
>bump stocks
Were a stupid gimmick and anyone can bumpfire without one anyway, shhh don't tell anybody.

That said all gun laws are infringements, machineguns should be completely de-regulated, REEEEEE no step on snek

Attached: 600 nitro express revolver.jpg (1024x723, 105K)

>OP specifies 700 nitro express
>/k sperg puts op image of 600 nitro express revolver

Why do gun fags always take the bait?

Attached: bait13.jpg (124x125, 3K)

I would much rather use a .375 Ruger (not H&H) to deal with the largest of game. It's all that's needed, is much easier to shoot, and ammo is much easier to find and less expensive.

What difference does it make user? A .600 nitro express is still a rock you on your ass round that has major potential to fuck your shit up due to the cylinder gap. Both the problems brought up are managed by that revolver. It literally could just be scaled up to .700 nitro express, the only thing holding you back is how ridiculously huge the thing would be.

Try using reason next time and actually think about things a little bit.

Black Powder elephant guns are cooler.
I wanna bust a quarter pound of lead nut down range.
And I want it moving slow enough that they can see it coming.

>a revolver that is totally impractical to hold/aim/fire, would be inaccurate at 7 yards, and would have a 20 second follow-up shot as you recovered from shooting the first one.

I’ll keep all of that in mind as I consider my options for a viable self-defense handgun, thank you. I probably would’ve gone with a Beretta M9FS if it weren’t for the consistant $600 price tag. A bit bulky, but so long as it’s reliable, it would work. I’ll look at the other guns you mentioned as well. Best quality for the money is what I’m going for here, even if that means I pay more than I wanted to.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but brother you're the guy looking at the 5-7 right? $600 is too steep? Five-Seven, that's a $900-1300 handgun depending on how good you are at finding deals.

Because of the hefty emphasis on modern-day gun aruments we see today. It makes gun owners paranoid and ready to snap at anyone who even remotely hints at anti-gun ideology. I’m not anti-gun though. Quite the opposite, that’s how I would know lol.

You’re not misunderstanding. I haven’t seen the price tag on Five-SeveN’s yet. Even online retailers I’ve viewed won’t divulge the price unless it’s in-stock. I thought it might be cheaper than $600, but I guess I was very wrong lol. I can pay it, but I’d prefer to avoid breaking the bank if I can. Something that is affordable but not cheap either.

Are you citing Geneva convention in reference to civilians?

I would go with a 9mm tops for little girls, unless you meant this in a sexy way

Yeah, now things are making a lot more sense, alright. This site might help you out:
gun.deals/

The search function is a bit primitive so it pulls up a lot of unrelated results, but when you find what you're looking for, click the MPN or UPC code, and it will search by that, pulling up only what you want so you can narrow things down.

Hague convention is the one that outlaws the use of hollow-points btw. Fun fact, the USA did not ratify it, does not recognize the authority of international courts to try Americans for warcrimes, and has enacted laws to allow use of military force to free Americans held for trial for warcrimes.

Good catch, you're right. I feel a little silly.

Why not just a bolt action double barrel

Whoa, I’ve never seen this site. Thanks man! I appreciate the assistance!