How much do you tip Yea Forums? And is it mandatory?

How much do you tip Yea Forums? And is it mandatory?
I'm gonna be visiting my uncle in America next week. Will they spit in my food if I don't tip?

Attached: 1579966059497.jpg (640x757, 87K)

You tip after your meal and no.

10% if take-out, 20% if dining, $5 if delivery

never tip for stale pasta. kill yourself OP.

In my experience the only people who don't tip are niggers.
I try not to be a nigger to people.
Except niggers.

Tipping is fucked up. Waiters have to rely on it to get any money at all pretty much and we are all of a sudden obligated to pay extra just so the waiter can eat tonight because they don't get paid shit? Dafuq?

>Will they spit in my food if I don't tip?
They will anyway.

stop trolling faggot i saw this post like 8 times this week

I never understood the point of tipping a delivery driver. Like, congrats, u can drive, knock, and hand me my food! How exactly do you fuck that up? About $2 is the max I'll tip a driver, maybe a little more if Im abreacking a 20 and the total is above $15

You only be a nigger to people who provide shitty service at restaurants.

The tipping system in America is highly over exaggerated. In almost all states it’s illegal to hire someone with their only pay being tips - however a lot of contracts have a tip limit.

Essentially if you make more than this limit then it’s a bonus to the person getting the tips, because they get to keep the cash - this also means that the boss doesn’t need to pay, because they’ve made more than the minimum set limit.

However If the staff member doesn’t make or reach this limit in tips then the boss has to cover the rest to meet the minimum wage limit.

It’s a shitty, third world practice which only really helps the owners of food chains, and occasionally the staff depending on how good they are at getting tips. Everywhere else in the civilised world staff get a proper wage PLUS any tips they make.

They can be underpaid. Sometimes below minimum wage, since that's legal if they get tips

Or get a real job and stop begging

and that's my problem how?

It's not. But I do it out of generosity for that reason

No, it's not mandatory. Regardless of what people in the United States wants to tell you, tips are based on service quality. If you go to eat and your waitress is nice, respectful and you feel like she did a good job at refilling your drinks, etc. Tip a $5. If not then leave a dollar, or nothing, it's up to you. I only tip based on the quality of service I receive.

>at a restaurant and everything is nice and clean and the waiter/waitress is friendly and attentive
glad to give 15%
>picking up an order i called in
honestly makes me mad that the receipt or the card reader shit even asks if i want to tip after i drove myself to pick up the food i ordered. like how do i know they didnt fuck something up after i tipped?

Take the bill $, move the decimal left 2 spots. Thats 20%. Tip that or a smidgen under

fuck off, this has been posted twice today

In the UK a £5 tip is quite a lot, and rarely happens unless it’s a large group - most tips in the UK come in the form of a spare pound or two you’ve got left when you get your change back.

But then again, the UK is a civilised place.

That's NOT spit though, same color

I delivered pizza as a 2nd job when my kids were small. Cash nightly for the wife to buy diapers. Drivers use their own cars. I got paid minimum wage plus .75 cents per run. How much is it worth to you not to have to leave the house you cheap fuck?

Attached: Sign.jpg (456x331, 35K)

are you fucking retarded?

If you are surviving on tips you fucked up in life. Same of you are over 20 working g as a bus boy, server, delivery boy, ect.

stop posting the same thread, at least come up with something more interesting to slide the board with.

There was also a family of middle class Groids that would order every friday and never tip. It was well known among the drivers. Those niggers ate a lot of spit

Works for Papa John's

Sounds like your problem to me. Get a better jod that pays your bills comfortably you low skilled fuck

Pizza Slut like 22 years ago. I tip very well. Last meal out was $5 on a $15 check

I’m inclined to agree.

Cheap fuck. They mostly use their own cars, which means paying for their own gas and repairs. Get off your lazy ass and pickup your food if that's how your brain functions.

> move the decimal left 2 spots.
> Thats 20%

They don't want a wage and for tips to be optional. Run the math. Cheap chain like fucking Applebee's, assume $17 a head and that's CHEAP. Your average table is going to be a family of 4, so $68 total. 15% is just over $10. How many tables do you think a waiter can do in an hour? Waiting on 3 (t h r e e) tables an hour, something even the biggest downie retard could do, translates to $30 an hour. They're completely capable of handling a lot more than that. The expectation is 15% unless the waiter practically spits in your face, too.

Waiting tables at anything but a high-end restaurant is nothing but a roundabout way of doing charity. Nobody goes to a normal restaurant to experience being waited on, they're just there for the food or don't feel like cooking. I'd be fine picking up my own food 95% of the time I go out to eat, and I wish I could. Waiters are little more than needless middlemen; in the vast majority of places that can be replace by a cheap tablet to place orders and an oversized Roomba carrying trays, and they'd be cheaper to run. The only reason they haven't already is because they're accustomed to a certain level of income for doing something any 10 year old could do, in an often nicely decorated and air-conditioned environment, and they're going to flip shit when it finally gets taken from them. I know you've got the "water trying to pay tuition" stereotype but I've already met several who don't plan on making use of their (usually useless) degree because tips at anywhere that's even moderately frequented means $200 a night, at least. That's $54k. It's fucking stupid that the chefs actually busting ass (working a kitchen is fucking AIDS a lot of the time) get squat shit if my meal was absolutely delicious and I decide to leave a bigger tip; a few places might pool tips, but the vast majority don't, so the chefs are often stuck at surprisingly close to minimum wage.

We'll spit in your food anyway if you have a stupid accent. Cunt

You do realize they have to pool tips to pay the busboys and whatnot, right? And they have to declare it for tax purposes. They're not getting anywhere near as much as you think

Ok, and?

Imagine working your ass off to support a family.
Or your ordering in pizza to treat your mom or some shit.
And you got faggot ass niggers like these spitting in your fucking meals that you worked to pay for. Just because you can't spare extra change.
Some countries don't even tip. And still beg for a job that pays less than yours.
Seriously, ungrateful worthless pieces of shit.

Makes a joke in poor taste.
> Reeeeee

I live in Thailand, and when I had a job waiting tables, taking care of the front house, etc, I would get excited and thank the customers for tipping me a hundred baht, which is like, three bucks.

Tipping is an optional thing. You're paying the restaurant for it's food. I don't expect to be tipped. This shit dumb

I always do double the tax

Americans are just spoiled.
They don't understand appreciation, all they do is complain for what "little to nothing" they get.

This

I'm half American too, which is funny. A 15 dollar tip would make me shit piss and fardd.

>Gets tipped $15
>Publicly expresses her frustration and disgust for people "like this"
VS
>Being grateful for being tipped at all

I don't understand why were not questioning this shit more. They don't even appreciate it.

It's okay, they've reached peek potential

It's funny. If it was reversed, and america was the place that didn't tip, people would be like "OMG AMERICANS SUCH JEWS THEY DONT TIP KEK"