What do people have against strong female characters?

What do people have against strong female characters?

Attached: tumblr2.png (1230x750, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHO is this nebulous group of people you speak of?

checked
Loooool
i read about the author of pic related.
Attacking customers and reviewers with his rants, it's gold

Attached: 51RBd+DoeJL[1].jpg (333x500, 46K)

People like Riply from Aliens, is a badass, wonder woman, was pretty cool, The Angel of Verdun in Egde of Tomorrow, also a badass, The Major in the original animated Ghost in the Shell, also badass. The Nun in Netflix's Dracula, a mega badass...

Captain Marvel or any of those 2D cardboard cutouts in the Charlie's Angels movie?" Fucking annoying

Big difference.

Noone does, some of the greatest films ever have female leads, my fav movie of all time is Alien. Ripley just felt like a real person because she wasn't perfect, hell she even let the alien on the ship in the first place but you can understand her motivation for doing it. Nowadays female leads are mary sues and nothing more.

cause in real life a 12 year thai kickboxing old boy can kick the shit out of a professional female mma fighter

So much fucking this.

There's a saying "Get Woke Go Broke" that is applying to most modern shitfilms trying wayyyy too hard to "Hey we're progressive."

12 year old thai kickboxing boy*

Attached: 1520439814670.jpg (416x416, 114K)

Absolutely nothing as long as it's good writing, not shoehorned in for the sake of "diversity", and it's not just some character with a female body 100% acting like a man.
Women have different viewpoints and should react differently to certain things. The uniqueness of their sex can make a story more interesting.
This apparently is a tall order though.

Attached: tumblr_oh9ghfcLQS1szqwnwo1_1280[1].jpg (800x800, 334K)

Suspension of disbelief only goes so far in fiction. The new crop of "STRONK WAHMEN" aren't strong at all. They're just bitchy Karens that want to speak to the manager. Most of the collage you posted aren't even that. They are there to tear down a franchise that men built and only exist to make those men look bad and ruin their character/story arc. Women never create these things they only wait until it gets popular and try to infiltrate it after the hard establishing work is done and ride the coattails of the men that paved the way. All the while bitching at the creators and fans.

Bull. Shit.

>Alice in Wonderland
I don't think I've ever heard people hate on this, a lot don't like the Tim Burton film but the book and Disney one are classics.
>Legend of Korra
Never seen it, but I don't think I've heard widespread complaint about it
>Empress Theresa
The whole book and they way the author defends it is hilariously bad, and also he fantasizes about his own fictional character in his book.
>Thor
People don't like because Thor is a guy. People don't like when you just randomly rewrite a character to be progressive.
>America
Am I the only one whose never heard of this in my life?
>Ghostbusters
Same story as with Thor, except this time they rewrote 4 characters. Also it's not uncommon remakes to be bad.
>Star Wars
People just don't like Disney ones. They're worse in a lot of ways. It has nothing to do with gender
>Star Trek and Doctor Who
I don't know enough about these to say anything
>Captain Marvel
Her tragic backstory is literally getting told that baseball is for boys. Bad movie, and also gender obbsession-that is, obsession, not representation-can make a film really obnoxious.
>She-Ra
I've never heard of this but it looks very Tumblr
>GOT
What? People loved this shit until the ending.
>MIB
Again, you can't rewrite characters to be progressive.
>Batwoman
See MIB
>Terminator and Watchmen
See Star Trek and Doctor Who
>Charlie's Angels
Same gender obbsession problem as with Captain Marvel
>007
See MIB
>Birds of Prey
See Charlie's Angels

Female leads didn't prevent us from enjoying Alien or Mulan or Resident Evil (or was it Silent Hill?) or female superheroes like Wonder Woman. These ones are just bad.

>Female leads didn't prevent us from enjoying Alien or Mulan or Resident Evil
Noooooo, those are from the PAST, and the PAST is SEXIST. Therefore there can't have been any strong female characters in the PAST.

A better question is why female-led media tends to be legitimately mediocre or worse.
It's definitely a real trend, and there's no clear reason why.

that is the shittest source of all time

Nothing, people have a problem with incel feminists ruining TV shows and movies.

>she-ra
Was fuckin' brutal. Watch it sometime, but NOT the remake.

They don't. .0000000000000000000001% of people object to strong female lead characters. What people object to is shitty media. Don't believe me? Let's do a comparison study. Wonder Woman is widely regarded as far and away the best of the DCEU (Christian Bale Batman movies aren't part of this continuity) movie. By a massive margin. Wonder Woman is like a stereotype of the strong woman character. But the thing is, she has a character arc, the story is good, the acting is good, and the male characters aren't reduced to either weak, evil, or stupid.
Let's contrast this with Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel was mediocre if I'm being generous. Captain Marvel is also a stereotype of a strong woman. So why did this movie suck? Because Brie Larsen can't act worth a shit, the male characters all fall under the weak/dumb/evil arcs, and the story is just an obvious filler piece to shoehorn captain mary sue into Endgame.

i don't even go there. it still happened

>What do people have against strong female characters?

Have you seen the legend of Korra LMAO. All she does is moan, fail. Tenzin and is the star of that show. Along with some others like Lin, Jinora, Toph and Zaheer

google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/
Not the only time it happened. There's a reason men and women compete at different levels.

Attached: 1583078705-20200301.png (684x2003, 729K)

this but also there's the fact that a male audience finds it harder (not impossible e.g. Ripley etc.) to relate to a female character, especially when the character is treated massively differently for being a woman.

Ultimately you can only have as much respect for a character as the writers of the film let you. If the character is presented as a respectable person then the audience will likely have respect regardless of gender.

I don't think that's the issue. I can name lots of movies with women leads, or strong female characters, that I enjoyed. The reason all the media in the OP gets shat on is because it's shit. I could enjoy a movie about Big Red if they made it a good story.

yes but part of the reason the films are garbage is because the characters aren't that likable, and that doesn't just go for the female leads.

I will give you that. I just see it as more a shitty movie thing and less of a failure to relate thing. I would argue it's a nobody can relate thing

yeah true, and the worst thing is they get away with making shitty movies by exploiting casual watchers who don't have higher standards and lambasting anyone who's vaguely critical.

Even casual watchers didn't like the new Charlie's Angels. Or Harley Quin and the stupid title. Or Dark Fate.