What do you do for work, how much do you make, and are you happy?

what do you do for work, how much do you make, and are you happy?
>welder, $16 hourly, not happy not unhappy
>inb4 Pepsi merchandiser

Attached: Screenshot_20200115-095805.png (1080x2220, 1.4M)

>blacksmith but lately been getting a lot of commissions for blades
>depends on the year, for last 2 years ive made at least 2k a month in profit
>very happy

Scratch and sniff sticker sniffer tester. $189/day plus benefits

>chemist, ~50000 per year, it's just okay

Assistant professor in finance at an M7 business school. Around 290K. Feels good man.

Ceo of a large printing company, over 100000/month
Pretty stressful tho

environmental consultant, project manager. basically paid to be the one to make decisions. $145k last year. Better gig than nearly anyone I know - great schedule flexibility - but it's still fucking work.

program and operate 5 axis CNC router for millwork company
$60k/year
content
>pic related

Attached: 20180723_154942.jpg (2880x2160, 1.82M)

Cop in Scotland with 7 years service on about £38k a year (no idea hourly rate) plus overtime and 207hrs annual leave a year and really good special leave / family care.

I really enjoy my job because I get to fuck over bad people.

Business Manager for premium car retailer in the UK
£50-60k plus car

Very happy, great business and brand to work for, can't see myself leaving

Is welding hard? Ever catch a spark in your boot?

>Residential carpenter
>$20 an hour plus overtime
>Very happy I enjoy my job a lot

do you guys carry guns?

Well im a pepsi marketer i make 2 grand a year

Marine Engineer
$105k/year plus company truck and a budget for tools
Happy most of the time

Beautiful craftsmanship, be proud user

Just started as an It project manager 71k. I’m happy cause it’s a huge step up from my last gig 40k -> 71k but im more stressed about work and it’s on my mind after hours but I think I’m starting to chill out. 24 y/o

where do you live that you only make 16 doing welding?

self employed in IT, 150-200k a year, and no not really happy

thank you
pride is a deadly sin

Food delivery.
Tipped, so my wages vary, but it average to about 13.80 overall.
Absolutely happy. For most of my shift I'm driving, which means I'm sitting down (in an adjustable seat), air conditioner in my face, my favorite music playing loud, no customers or managers anywhere near me. Shit is cash.

>month
Hey! Me too!

>I really enjoy my job because I get to fuck over bad people.
Trying to even it out for the government eh?

Ah I see why you're paid 16$... Such shitty weld

64k/annual, gubbermint, work in testing stuff. Miserable.

Shit welds user no wonder your worth that low of a pay

That's a low wage for a qualified welder. Where do you live?

>16/hr
>for work like that
you're overpaid

>>Software engineer for att
/hr (Atlanta)
>>Moderately happy

I'm very happy with my career. I've always wanted to do this for a living, and it feels like I've made it to a respected place. I'm not slave driven, and I have a lot of freedom to show up whenever and leave at will as long as shit gets done.

However, my overall happiness is curved by my personal life. My gf, with whom I live, has no career path, no ambitions, nothing. It keeps me stressed out. I don't talk to anyone in my family because they're backwards meth addict religious nut hicks. My younger brother isn't old enough to leave yet legally, so he lives in hell hole, doesn't even have a computer. I feel for him. I have a lot of hangups in my personal life beyond this that don't merit a mention.

It's often like work is a pleasant escape from reality for me.

Attached: 20200111_233642.jpg (123x192, 18K)

weld bad do you
less money have should you

Plant health care technician. Gonna be an arborist if i stick with it. 17 an hour about 40 to 45 hour weeks. Like my job chsnce to get a pay raise if i get certifications. Get to ne outside all day

Hydraulic repair man/ welder / machinist.
>20/h
50h weeks
Happy

>RR Engineer
>80k
>boring
>mostly happy

Attached: 61kombi-1498543530779.jpg (713x471, 123K)

Fuck over,?? You dog

> Architect
> 42k a year (on average)
> Fucking miserable

Student
-$30k/year
Happy for now but haven’t had to start paying for it yet.

Studying business so I’ll have a job rather than some gender studies mental nigger

>hvac
>46.10/h
>it's a job
I'd like something easier that pays more

patent lawyer, 3rd yr, 220k + about 40k bonus this year plus another low 5 figs to a SEP-IRA. love my job but sometimes the all-nighters and constant stress about twice a year for a month when trials arrive blows dicks

Currently rorting a workers comp claim, injury happened when I overdosed but managed to sack it up on the Tuesday and said it happened at work lol my lawyer reckons I'll get 500k+

Attached: 1583019633292.jpg (640x640, 50K)

I started off as a welder. I got a job at a fab shop building machinery for frito lay. Learned enough there after 3 years that i got a job as a maintenance mechanic. Now I am an electro mechanical tech and I make 34/hr. No degree or anything.

Couldn't weld for shit like op and gave up?

Pretty much, been a fuck up my whole life. I still consider suicide daily.

Hahha, nah. The only way to make great money welding is to travel and/or go union. I did my time on the road (non union) and I like coming home every night.

Don’t think Yea Forums is the right place for that sort of attitude.

Senior Software Engineer would be the common name for what I do, but I still think of it as "Lead Programmer."

Base salary is 140k, which works out to just shy of $70/hr. I get an 11k bonus this year, so that will be a gross of 151k.

Six weeks vacation, no overtime, 100% match on up to 8% 401k contribution AND I get a pension that projects to about 5k/mo for life at age 65.

I'll say I'm not "unhappy" with where I'm at in life, but I also feel I've left money on the table by "working for the man" and not trying to start my own company.

Oh, my 401k is maxed each year and projects to 2.5m at 5% RoR by age 65.

High School education.

>natural gas system operator
>after bonus/ OT about $60k
>very happy, honestly could not ask for much more

You Union? That's a hell of a paycheck mate