Okay so I need to ask you guys something.I know I sound dumb for not knowing this...

Okay so I need to ask you guys something.I know I sound dumb for not knowing this, but what do you call the part of the engine that stores and burns the fuel? Or is it just the engine itself?

Attached: Engine.jpg (300x250, 17K)

What kind of engine is it?

Before you ask yes I've tried googling my question before but I've not found what I've been looking for.

The fuel is fed to the piston bullshit-inator and when the piston is pushed UP the SPARK plug ignites the fuel ask google faggot

Was it easier to start a thread instead of googling you piece of shit?

Nuclear. Although a more generalized answer would be fine too.

I'm doing both so really the answer is up to you.

It's called a cylinder. Don't feel dumb, everyone has to learn.

Well what stores the fuel is the gas tank obviously, then it is injected into the Cylinders of the engine where it is then compressed and then explodes.

Thanks dude!

Okay so fuel is stored in the fuel tank. The fuel goes through things called fuel injectors these mix the fuel with oxygen. Then the fuel is combusted by the spark plug which moves the Piston down and is converted into rotational motion. The part where the combustion occurs is inside the engine block called the cylinder.

The heads burn the fuel.

4,6,8, etc. The numbers of the engine, a Chevy 350 for example, refer to the space the Pistons displace during their (one) cycle.

Fuel goes from tank through gas lines into the carburetor it combusts and fires the pistons

For the most part carbs are a thing of the past. Modern cars the fuel is pumped through the fuel injectors into the cylinder, mixed with air and ignited.

Carburettors haven’t been fitted to new cars in decades.

combustion chamber

combustion chamber.

Attached: 1n8spqci23c11.jpg (480x502, 28K)

They were phased out in the 1980s.

Stores the fuel?
The gas tank.
Burns the fuel?
The combustion chamber.
You should look up how the otto cycle works my guy, because you sound confused.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're taking your mechanics test.

According to user
>They were phased out in the 1980s.

But thank you anyways!

Carbs just hold a small bowl of gas and let air flow over it. Gas is sucked into the CYLINDER by the venturi effect. The way you wrote it, it sounds like you think the carb is where combustion occurs.

Carbs haven't been on new cars since the late 80's. They haven't been on new bikes since the early 00's.
You'll still find them on small engines because they're super simple, mechanical, cheap, and reliable.

I absolutely love that picture btw, where is it from?

The combustion chamber is just a way of talking about the cylinder in the space above the piston and below the head.
A cylinder is not a synonym for a combustion chamber. The combustion chamber is mostly in the cylinder, but doesn't take up the entire cylinder, and extends slightly into the head.

The part that stores gas immediately prior to the bang is the fuel rail/injectors. They inject the fuel into the cylinder where it goes bang, this area is called the combustion chamber. This is all assuming we are talking about a fuel injected engine.

Nerve gas

Attached: 1541896250883.jpg (480x480, 42K)

warhammer 40k tech priest mfw

Fuel injectors don't typically inject into the cylinder. Lots of cars in the 80's and 90's were TBI, the injector was right at the throttle body. Most modern cars are Port Injection, there is an injector for each cylinder but it sprays fuel onto the backside of the intake valve. Only DI, Direct Injection, engines spray fuel directly into the cylinder. They're super shitty though and allow carbon build up issues in the intake.
>I'm also not talking about diesels or rotarys

FOR THE EMPEROR!

FOR THE EMPEROR

Attached: go55f61drnn31.png (639x723, 457K)