Why cant atheists define atheism Yea Forums?

why cant atheists define atheism Yea Forums?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Atheism is the belief that god doesn't exist. The supernatural doesn't exist. That all phenomena can potentially be explained by science.

There is no need to justify, why one doesn't believe in non-true stories. One just doesn't subscribe to madness. That is all.

Nothing should be declared as truth if it can't be proven. That goes for all belief systems, including atheism.

Having to use "god" to define atheism is pretty ironic, don't you think?

One might argue that without this basic "god" in definition, atheism cannot exist, yet it does, therefore god exists.

Theism is god you fucking retard. Just because humans conceived of the concept doesn't make it true, idiot.

it doesn't mean god exists, it just means that the concept of a god exists

Surely one can believe in the existence of extra empirical entities without believing in God?

Surely. There are some gaps in scientific knowledge where an extra empirical entity could be inserted without being falsifiable.

So believing in such things would make you a theist even if it doesn't include God?

I don't know for sure but I think the word theist implies a Creator.

Well that can boil down to sematics. I was responding to the definition of atheism provided by the previous comment, which included denying the existence of extra empirical entities.

Atheism is lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

There you go, snowflake. Now, go back to play with barbies.

Every time I come here I see one of these posts. And every time I think to myself "wow, this again?"

The previous comment says science can POTENTIALLY explain all phenomena. That is, entities more advanced than humans could also have evolved through natural processes explainable by the scientific method.

>This is actually how theists think
Absolute 90 IQ tier thinking.

So when people say they dont believe in flat earth that means flat earth is actually real because in order to say you dont believe in flat earth you must mention the words "flat earth? Beautiful logic.

Atheists are retards. inb4 >God is bad because he doesn't like gays!

Some are retards. But that goes for any generalized grouping of humans.

By extra empirical is to be by definition beyond the realm of sensory perception, not even in principal and thus, not an object of scientific enquiry.

Is the quantum realm considered to be beyond sensory perception? I'm just curious what you think. I've long suspected that things like ghosts, spirits, clairvoyance, etc could eventually be explained using quantum physics.

Haven't been to Yea Forums for a year and this is still posted

I've not looked into quantum physics enough to consider myself qualified even as an amateur. Of course some things that certain theories concern themselves with, such as the big bang, are not objects of perception in practice, but are observable at least on the level of theoretical principle, and the existence of such phenomena is considered inferable from that which is actually observable in practice. As for quantum stuff though, I honestly don't know the field well enough. It's important to be able to recognise ones limits

Why cant right wingers admit a party switch occurred

Sorry im late

Attached: Screenshot_20190921-100420_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 624K)

Atheism, satanism, Buddhism, Judaism, science, Satan doesn't care what you call it, just as long as you aren't doing the will of Jesus!

Dude, seriously, just kill yourself. Trust me, the world will be better off.

Damn. That was deep. You must be highly intelligent, and successful. (S)