I tend to get drunk 2-4 nights a week. I don't drink at all on most nights...

I tend to get drunk 2-4 nights a week. I don't drink at all on most nights, but if I have one drink I tend to have many until I get pretty wasted. I know I have a problem, but how severe do you think it is?

Attached: alcoholism.jpg (275x183, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AK8qwt0CvTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes you have a problem like all of us who cares in the end we will all die alone like we where born. youtube.com/watch?v=AK8qwt0CvTU

If you know you have a problem then it's already severe. That's how I used to be and a short few years later I became a full blown alcoholic, daily drinker. It's up to you how far you want to take it. If you think you can cut back and control your drinking then more power to you user.

I manage a liquor store, you are minor league compared to a fair portion of our customers.... we have a person that scoops two 1.75L bottles of skyy vodka every day.

Attached: 4AD0A766-1B54-461E-82BC-1D5084B28C19.jpg (720x819, 43K)

It’s progressive, as you keep drinking it slowly gets worse (or quickly)

I don't think I could ever be a daily drinker, I just have a problem with binging. Ideally I want to only really drink once or twice a week, but sometimes I get into situations with friends that get me to start drinking, and then I just lose my self control and binge.

I used to drink to the point of passing out almost every night. I recognized the problem and quit drinking entirely for a few years. Now i drink no more than twice a week, but i am still like you in that i have a hard time stopping once i start. I think proving that you can control how often you drink is important, but i recognize that i still have a problem.

Attached: 1567981892532.jpg (415x640, 61K)

Taking a long period off of alcohol sounds pretty useful to me just to demonstrate self control to myself. The issue is just that there are situations with my friends that basically are all about alcohol and bars, so its hard to balance that with avoiding excess.

That's how it started for me bud. It went from only weekend binges to the occasional weeknight then slowly developed into a full blown addiction. I've been to rehab 4 times for it and am just now experiencing long term sobriety for the first time in my life. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything user, but if you think there's any potential at all for there to be a problem then I would suggest reassessing your habits and maybe figuring some ways to prevent the situations that lead to your drinking in the first place. Alcohol is a tricky bitch. You'll find ways to subconsciously justify your drinking without even realizing it.

This is good advice user and hits home. Thanks.

Dude, i hear you. It was the same for me. I just recognized the peoblem and it was important to me to prove it to myself. Sometimes that meant saying no to my friends. Sometimes it meant going out and just not drinking, which sucked, but i had to do it.

No problem and best of luck to you

Dilligaf

"Controlled drinking" is a sign of alcoholism.

on a 1-10, prolly a 6. Your body's fitness has probably suffered more than you know.

I'm what I guess would be considered a high functioning alcoholic. I have a decent job, I have an apartment, I have a new car, my bills get paid on time. And I drink till I pass out every night. All day today at work, all I could think about was coming home and pouring myself a drink. I probably kill a handle of vodka every 2 or 3 days. SO, you're not quite as severe as me.

As long as you don't drink in the morning.
Before you know it you will be taking shits in public and hanging with black women.
If you don't know about withdrawals don't find out

Doesn't sound terrible. My ex drank 5-6 nights a week but she said she wasn't a drunk due to keeping it down at two single vodkas...even though she usually ended on a coors. But yea, 2-4 and you have a tendency to binge? Might be a good idea to cut back...probably not a major issue unless you've been at this for years.

I'm 23 now and tend to do Friday night binges since I was about 20, though that was it for my drinking. Only in the last year or so has it increase to levels that I find worrying.

So she had 3 drinks total? In the 1950s that was called unwinding after work.

Attached: drinks 2.gif (423x293, 1.44M)

You're fine, kid. Fine.

Attached: dirty old man by dumpster.gif (500x384, 270K)

>I tend to get drunk 2-4 nights a week.
>I don't drink at all on most nights

you're already retarded, so i don't think it matters

I suggest quitting cold turkey the day after you eat shrooms. Somehow that stuff can change your outlook and reset your brain. Worked for me; +4 yrs sober. Good luck, user.

Hey OP if you're still around get a prescription for Naltrexone. Use a phone app doctor to get it, they will prescribe it in about 5 minutes. It is magical, about 20 minutes after taking one the urge to drink just fully vanishes.

If you can't accept your behavior, change it.
If you can't change your behavior, accept it.
Just don't cause damage to others.

Fucking useless bluestocking.

Attached: Carrie-Nation.jpg (2556x1704, 738K)

I'd like to try that, I've heard good things. What apps would you recommend?

shit, just fucking replied to the wrong post

I'd like to try that, I've heard good things. What apps would you recommend?