Is it normal to lose almost all your friends to jobs, money, life changes, kids, marriages, etc. by the time you're 30?

Is it normal to lose almost all your friends to jobs, money, life changes, kids, marriages, etc. by the time you're 30?

Attached: alright-outta-here.jpg (975x630, 129K)

30 is being generous, your childhood/school friends are usually gone after 18-22 or whenever people go off for college.

probably, but in a lot of ways you dont see now it likely aids your life in some ways however brings about perhaps new frustration as well

statistically a very good friendship has a lifespan of only 10 years so if it goes beyond that consider yourself lucky

Yes.

I'm 38. My best friend and I used to hook up off and on when we were in our early 20's. But we stopped about 10 years ago and have enjoyed a real friendship traveling together, helping each other when family members are sick, etc.

I also moved to the other side of the country a year ago.

Then on the phone a while back, she told me one of the times we hooked up 13 years ago she felt unomfortable and wanted to say no but couldnt becasue she was afraid of making it awkward and losing the friendships with my other friends. She never said no but she *felt* no. I had no idea.

She then proceeds to tell our other mutual friends and a they all cut me off completely.

So I'm here to tell you sometimes the people you think you know have a crazy timebomb that will explode when you least expect it.

This

My “friend” ditched me tonight because, are you ready? He wanted to chik fil a and chill by himself

Yes. Welcome to adulthood and spending something like 3/4 of your time working ether at a job or at home.

How far "a while back?"

Because the timing's making think it correlates with the #MeToo explosion.

a while back = a year ago.

And yes, she is super #metoo and works in diversity and inclusion for a non-profit. So she's all about it.

It's called growing up and being an adult...you could learn a lesson from them. Stop smoking pot, quit playing video games, get a job and move out of mommy's house. Or continue to be a useless cunt the rest of your life, I don't care.

Yes and no. Depends on the situation. I’ll be 30 in a few months and my best friend has been by my side for 20 years. We live an hour and a half part now, but we drive to visit each other all the time. His wife and mine are best friends now. My other oldest friend has been with me 18 years. The rest I’ve kicked to the curb myself. Felt that they were just problematic and just annoyed me more than anything. Sometimes you can’t trust people. I have a few friends that have been around about 14 years. Other than that, most of them I refuse to associate with.

And I’ve been there. Once me and her hooked up after 14 years of chasing that hot piece of ass, she started playing games so I never spoke to her again. I knew that it was either friends with benefits, we make it a relationship, or I’m just a fling and we move on. She couldn’t decide. So I bailed.

No. I'm 30 and my life is rad

Sounds like you care. Actually, it sounds like you're taking it personal, like op was talking to you or something.

Without God in your life? Yes. Absolutely. But it could be because they were never good enough for you to begin with. Want some advice? Turn back to God before it's too late.

Yes. The friends who never leave the town are either destined to become a lifer in whatever bozo factory "everyone goes to" for employment, get a girl pregnant, or don't have the guts to spread their wings. Maybe a few are okay. But those are the dregs, the ones you really wish were still around, aren't. And you really don't want to spend your life hanging around with the uninspired townies, because you'll become complacent. Find a way to move somewhere before you get anchored down for life. Even if it's the same basic shit you'd be doing here, at least you can say you tried.

Attached: 305FDB56-697C-4A5B-95FC-4D3B44C93597.gif (322x242, 1.37M)

Not when you get married and have kids too. You get even more friends then.

My wife and I have been friends for close to 30 years. Quite lucky I think. Now I just need to find a way to convince her to ride some BBC while I film. Shits getting a little boring and need to spice it up.

What is normal lol

Find a local sex club, tell her you want to go and *watch* with her. Them make some friends and win.

Baby, don't hurt m- oh wait, wrong reference.

kek

yes

No. Unless you're doing something horribly wrong.

What do you say about someone who is 27 and does all the "adult things" you do except live on their own? I can more than afford to pay for myself now or I can save 40% of my income to invest/buy assets with it later.

It's absolutely normal, particularly if you don't make the same life choices they do. Most of my friends of yore got married, moved away and/or had kids; except for moving I didn't follow their path.

When I moved back to town we tried to reconnect but we'd just grown apart. Our schedules never worked together and when they did there was very little to talk about anymore aside from "the old days" -- and that's a limited pool for conversation.

I was bummed about it for a while but it's just the way life works. Take some risks, move around and follow your passion. You will attract like minded people in time, and the real good old friends will keep in touch. Good luck, user. :)

Attached: backitup.png (800x500, 373K)

user dont be a fag. Let your friend have their chicken sammy time.

Dear god. Probably a blessing for you that the friendship came to its end.

I read a peer-reviewed article the other day that said the average friendship lasts 10 years, so there is definitely entropy at work.

Whoopee. You get to spend weekends with half-witted kids, their 2.0gpa dads, and their pear-shaped obnoxious wives. You get front-row seats to the 50% who break up, listen to their woes when you're ALLOWED TO take one for a beer, have them over for July 4th and the bitch sits there with a shitty look on her face and the kid stupidly burns himself on a red-hot sparkler. You'll take up fishing with your buddy, even though you hate fishing. You literally become that crushed-down dad you used to laugh at, with the camo hat, try hard to be the cool dad, coach baseball, rake your yard in the fall, and die.

Yes

It really depends on the kind of person you are, and the size of the town you live in. If it's a decent sized city, maybe it's okay. If it's a small town, either embrace the quiet life, or move to the dream spot before you can't.

>Turn back to god

Attached: 1429048176860.gif (245x180, 674K)

Oh, and at 27, are you saying you live home with the parents? Thats no good. Spend a few grand and get your own place. You're way too close to your childhood to make the final leap into adult life.

I’m lucky. I have some real long-term friends but most of my friends were long gone by 20. I’ve also made new friends.

Attached: 1502117410299.jpg (490x333, 34K)

Hey, look everyone, I have no experience with anything except a skateboard.

Have some kids, sign them up for little league. Theres three kinds of parents. That 40 y/o fat-asses, like, how the fuck did that even happen? The neck-tattoo losers. And the few, rare unicorns who aren't fucked up, angry, and have a good life. Those are usually doctors and lawyers and dentists. Which one are you?

>except a skateboard
I think you're too old to be on here.

17yo detected

Fuck you nigger

"few, rare unicorns?" Everybody I know is really happy with their life. I think you hang around the wrong people or you dropped out of school and wallow around in the bottom of society's barrel.

I'm a software engineer by the way, two happy kids, great wife, and great sex.

Grew apart from a best friend after hs. He smoked weed, played vidya, became sort of a loner. We keep in touch but barely. Invited him to do something together a while back and he ditched last minute because he liked a girl and asked her to hang out the day we scheduled. Nothing ever panned out with the girl. He can't get a girl for his life. Pretty much cut trying to hang out after that cause its such a dick move. We just check in here and there now, thats it.

Keep telling yourself that faggot.

Anecdotal evidence is not valid evidence. You're an engineer, you should know that.

Yes the implication was that I am 27 and do every adult thing I otherwise would be doing but relishing the fact I live rent free (I still give my parents money for groceries and other stuff etc.) Where in the world do you think a few grand is going to get me my own place? Unless you meant a few grand a month in which case, yes I can still afford that but don't see how spending 12k+ year on a small apartment is going to make me more of an "adult"

Yup

>implying categorizing married life into 3 fixed categories based on personal experience is valid

Attached: IMG_20190901_000508.jpg (549x578, 50K)

How old are your kids? I'm telling you, wait until they're about twelve. Take a look around at school events you'll attend. Every kid is happy in kindergarden. When the parents hit forty, they look like someone sprayed them with dumbfuck juice.

My friends that are happy moved away. I have very few local friends, and I don't want any. Most are petty, disillusioned, and their fat-assed wives are jealous of skinny wives, people with nicer houses than they have, people with better employment, and always have a look on their face like someone farted. You basically outed yourself as a young unicorn. I'm glad you're happy, but you are the exception to the rule if you live in a smallish town. I'm sure you moved to the burbs and don't have a house on a concrete sidewalk where every other family is rental niggers.

Living on your own is the literal definition of a complete adult. If you want to bring a woman home to your parents house *shrug*...

The few grand was for the deposit. Unless you're in a big city, you can get a place where everything added up is less than a grand per month. You should just stop saying it's to save money, because the real reason is, you have become accustomed to a whole house, someone does your laundry, dinner is cooked, the dishes are done, groceries are shopped for you, the cable is always paid, you don't have to worry about neighbors (benefits of a house) and landlords. You're a NEET who happens to have a job. But just owning a car, being 27, and having no responsibilities except giving mom a hundred a week (yeah right) is not an adult. Its a man-child.

>Living on your own is the literal definition of a complete adult.
That's generally the American definition of adulthood, though.

> (You)
>Living on your own is the literal definition of a complete adult. If you want to bring a woman home to your parents house *shrug*...

Since you listed so much BS and assumptions I will be happy to break them down for you
>The few grand was for the deposit.
Waste of fucking money
>Unless you're in a big city, you can get a place where everything added up is less than a grand per month.
I live outside of LA and there is no place where this is possible I have ran all the numbers where to live comfortably I would need at least 1500 a month including rent

>>"You should just stop saying it's to save money, because the real reason is..
>>you have become accustomed to a house
I was home alone the last two weeks and living in a big house alone isn't very fun. Humans didn't get as far as we did through isolation, we enjoy cohabitation

>someone does your laundry
I do that,
>dinner is cooked,
If I don't eat out I often cook for myself, sometimes enjoy parent's cooking
>the dishes are done,
I do my own dishes, have also washed dishes in restaurants so I enjoy doing it for myself and not 200+ people
>groceries are shopped for you
I do that for myself
>the cable is always paid
I don't watch TV, I pay for my phone/internet
>you don't have to worry about neighbors (benefits of a house) and landlords.
I still have neighbors I just don't live in a refrigerator box like you

The last part was just you talking shit attempting to qualify your points by saying I don't pay my own way. The only thing I don't pay for is a jew to allow me to live in a room roughly the same size I live in now. Now my turn to make assumptions I am going to guess you didn't have a great relationship with your parents, why else would you be so eager to prove to anons that the end all be all to being an adult is to move away from them as early as you can? That doesn't make you independent as much as it makes you non practical by my definition.

1 in 2 marriages fail doesn't mean 50% of people divorce. It means dickweeds like you who never learn to be happy have five failed marriages while five other normal people stay married for life.

Lovely thread. Thanks for cheering me up anons.

Attached: 1756796154-l.jpg (475x304, 25K)

They're 17 and 15. Yes, we live in the suburbs and pretty much all our friends are pretty well off. They're either neighbors, fellow parents at our kids' (private) school, or coworkers. The thing is don't befriend losers, street drug addicts, idiots and morons because they're all going to be impoverished, stressed and miserable.

I'm sure all the girls get wet when you ask them if they want to go back to your parents house

Attached: girls laughing.jpg (400x267, 34K)