Has anyone here ever been on a date before? What's it like? How do you find someone willing to go on a date with you?

Has anyone here ever been on a date before? What's it like? How do you find someone willing to go on a date with you?

Attached: shrekgf.jpg (675x407, 43K)

Make a friend, start with that, dont be creepy and weird, be funny and make jokes and ask them to dinner implying that it's a date

I've heard many times that once you're friends with someone it's impossible to escape the friendzone and become something more. And if you ever want to be in a relationship you have to start things off with the assumption that you're more than friends. To what extent is that true?

its alright, depending on the girl
just be yourself and you'll find someone

Starting as friends is one of the easiest ways for a woman to control a man and you default into the friendzone. Alternatively on rare occasion, it can blossom into love and this rare fantasy is what many women desire as they watch too much disney. Just make them laugh, it's the quickest way to get a woman's clothes off. If she comes back for more, have fun.

>just be yourself
Gee, thanks. Like I haven't heard that one before.
I don't spend my time memorizing jokes or anything, but I make funny comments about whatever's going on when they come to mind. Is that what you mean, or should I study to become a comedian?

be attractive and rich, be unattractive and rich, be decent enough looking and rich, be attractive and broke, but unattractive and broke and maybe have a big dick. idk man women are weird, unless you're a stud you're at the whim of whatever women are feeling at the moment. just don't expect a second date if you don't hold their interest somehow

How rich are we talking here? I make six figures, which is obviously far better than average. I don't consider myself rich, but at least I'm doing pretty well financially.
How would having a big dick help with getting a date? By the time she knows your dick size, you've already made it past the first few hurdles.

Friendships are an excellent basis for romantic relationships. The friend zone doesn't come from being friends with her, it comes when you're too afraid to ask her out.

But if I ask her out and it turns out she's not interested, then I've just ruined the friendship as well and go back to square 0.

You run the risk of ruining a potential future relationship if you ask out someone you don't know as well. Asking someone out is no small thing if you're looking for a serious relationship. However, people aren't going to stop associating with you just because you ask them out in my experience. Ask with confidence, and if they say no take it with grace.

There's a big difference between stopping a potential future friendship and ruining an existing real friendship. There's someone right now who I'm considering asking, but I'm worried I'll just destroy what we have. I don't have many female friends, so the thought of losing one is hard to justify.

Flying squid and red cabbage mate
You got this

Wat?

Does she strike you as the kind of person who would be offended if you asked her out? If not, there's isn't much to worry about. As long as you honestly tell her your feelings, there's no need for a friendship to be ruined.

Have an honest, private talk with her. Tell her you have feelings for her and want to date her. Make sure to communicate that you don't want your feelings to get in the way of your relationship.

Not really. She generally seems pretty chill. But I've never tried anything like this before so I'm terrified I'll just make an ass of myself and regret it.

The only thing you'll truly regret is not trying.

As long as you confidently and honestly communicate your feelings with her, there's nothing to fear.

>confidently
There's the problem. Confidence comes from success. I'm 33 and never had any success with women, so it's hard to convince myself that it's even possible.

Remind yourself why you want to ask her out. What about her makes her attractive? Focus on that. Focus on why you need that in your life. Why you need her in your life, as someone mode than a friend. Then, remember that none of that will be yours unless you ask her out.

If all else fails, go up to her as soon as possible and tell her you want to talk. Now she's waiting on you, and you have to muster up the confidence to tell her how you feel. Sink or swim. It works wonders for me.

Maybe you're right. We get along great and can have long conversations about pretty much anything. It's hard to imagine myself being successful in that regard though. When I see "sink or swim" I'm just thinking "sink."

It sounds like you have a solid foundation for a romantic relationship. All that's left is for you to sieze the initiative. Based on what you've told me, the only reason this should affect your friendship is if you let it. But it won't affect your friendship because she will say yes. Carpe Diem, right?

Ultimately, you are the only person that can decide if you're ready for a relationship. You are the only person who knows if this will affect your friendship, too. If you believe you're ready for a relationship with this girl, all that's left is to go for it.