Any unionfags here? i keep hearing from half of everyone i ask that you can't be part of more than one union...

any unionfags here? i keep hearing from half of everyone i ask that you can't be part of more than one union, and the other half says you can. what is the fucking answer, i wanna be an electrician but if i can also be an HVAC tech i wanna do that too

Attached: how does this happen.jpg (1072x1428, 802K)

Union laws vary in some states

Have u tried calling a union Hall and asking?
So many fucking retards here

I think you can but unions discourage it. My brother was in the carpenter's union then switched to iron workers' union and I think he was told to choose one or the other.

The unions job is to find you a full time gig. You shouldn't have a need to belong to two.

Unless you enjoy living at your job and being woken up at all hours of the night do not go into HVAC. I’m fucking serious nigger. Don’t do it.

Nah you can do it.

I know a guy who worked for the NYC MTA and the post office his whole career and retired with two pensions.

You’ve just gotta realize that it’s significantly more work.

Union member here from NY. And it is highly discouraged. Dont kno if it's illegal or not BUT they will make you choose one or the other. Just do whatever one which wont drive you crazy with boredom or just plain drive you crazy

Works different with construction trades though

> Works different with construction trades though

In that case I’d heavily advise joining IBEW over doing HVAC

>unions
kek

well excuse me for not wanting 150k in college debts as well as an actually useful field of knowledge

Attached: come again nigga.jpg (1242x1189, 836K)

Like another said, in the Union, you are being given a task of doing full time, plus OT when asked. Both will expect that loyalty. Saying you can't do OT because of your other job is "moonlighting" and highly discouraged. When you can't do it because of another Union job is extra disloyal. And theres always a chance one union may be in conflict with another. Like, the electricians may have a dispute with the company you're working on, but the HVAC may not. Going into that job to do HVAC work when the Electricians Union is in conflict can get you in hot water with both. I say don't do it. If you want extra weekend money, just get a job driving a tow truck or something.

>not working for an independent contractor
>giving away your hard earned money to a political organization that consistency votes to fuck you over time and time again
Fuck unions

Not be a union fag and be a man

thx user i appreciate ur input :3

i was unaware of this, i shall investigate when i can

Couple of scabs here scared of the big bad unions. I'll shed a tear for you when I'm collecting my pension and annuity and you're still working.

How about just not being in a union and arguing your own benefits?

It depends on the state and on the union tbh. Gotta call each and ask for yourself to know for sure. Like asking the faggots on Yea Forums will give you a real answer.
>t. Unionfag

Attached: 1568849095602.jpg (1440x1440, 617K)

true that

I do general construction. Metal framing Drywall taping concrete,jackhammering/demo.im 22 I make 14 an hour. My spine fucken kills its been two years now i work for a contractor. Hes old but wise. How much am i getting fucked. Also theresgood money in sucking shit and piss out from the Andy Gumps, might have to try that

I don't know about certain unions but I know the ones I am a member of allow you to be in others. I work for a Class 1 Railroad and with them I am a member of both the NCFO and IBB basically as job insurance. I started in NCFO and then applied and transferred to IBB but continued paying NCFO dues to hold my seniority. That way in the event of a furlough I can bump back into my previous seniority spot unless the furlough is bad enough to take that one out too.

You don't have to be in a union. Do both. Fuck em.

Attached: 1563400048294.jpg (478x498, 70K)

Union member here, although not in construction industry.

I honestly couldn’t recommend union membership enough. If the worst happens and shit goes down with your employer/client, then the legal department of your union is your best friend. Not to mention they will also fight for better pay and conditions in general.

I’ve had to use the legal team twice in my career to chase down unpaid invoices. The amount they recovered/saved in legal fees is well over the ~£1000 I’ve thus far paid in membership dues.

What happens when work slows down or the economy fails and your sitting on your ass

Mentos the fresh maker.

The only people who hate unions either got kicked out, were too stupid to get in, or are simply dumb/uneducated in general.

Wrong. The Union's job is to collect your money.

Yeah that's why I get paid 55/hr

Lol forgot my point
>that's why I make 55/hr while non union electricians struggle to even get 30