This is what I was brought up to believe

This is what I was brought up to believe.
I am a nice and decent person, and I try to help others, and I try to leave a place better than I found it.
You know what I've found, nobody fucking cares.
Regardless, I will keep on helping people and being nice, even though I feel like an asshole sometimes.
Cheers.

Attached: 1568749698_74b7fvanft.jpg (640x703, 86K)

"nice" and "decent" are not words we use to describe people like you. "self absorbed" is more your style.

being a good person means doing the right thing even when you're not recognized for it. or doing the right thing, even when it's the hard choice.
If you want to be a good person.. be a good person.

But you know, sometimes it's nice to be recognized for once. Validation is important.

part of the problem of being humble, is you can't talk about being humble, because that act of speaking about it in its self isn't humble.

so you have to apply that to being kind as well. you're a kind person because you're just a kind person, not because you expect anything to react to it.

sure it's nice.. but if you need it, then it's for ego.

The people that did care either became assholes or were beaten by assholes, no one should care. Being nice only will enable the assholes to walk all over you. If you care about people treat them like shit.

I am not self absorbed.
I do not do good things and post them on social media so people will know, and I don't brag.
That is why I am discussing this in a congolese crocodile skinning forum.
I may have not made my point clear enough.
Nobody cares if you're nice, therefore it is harder continuing being nice.
I do not expect reward, although sometimes a simple thank you is greatly appreciated.

It's only a major problem in certain countries.

Some may look like nobody cares, but its more a "it will become a hassle if I help" type thing, like in Japan. People will keep to themselves mostly.

In the US most people are paranoid as fuck, that they choose to be ignorant, or would actually steal when given the chance. Greed is a mass motivator for the majority of Americans, because their corporate run government teaches people money is the most important thing in life.

>"it will become a hassle if I help" type thing
I have this problem. I just feel like if I try to assist in any unprompted way I'm going to make things difficult and just be annoying

>Nobody cares if you're nice
>therefore it is harder continuing being nice
>I do not expect reward
>simple thank you is greatly appreciated

"Im nice for the sake of being nice, but it gets harder to be nice because im not rewarded for being nice but I don't want a reward for being nice omg pls recognize the I am nice and reward me with a simple thank you."

you are self absorbed. you only do nice things because you think it buys you currency with other people. when I help someone else out, the only reason I do it is because it is second nature to help them. even if they spit at me afterward, I shrug it off as them having a bad day or because I probably should have minded my own business.

I hate people but I try to help them.
Sometimes helping them becomes a nightmare.
I blame SWKOTOR for making me believe doing good deeds is the better option.

Chill out Jesus of Nazaret

no

yesh

Attached: SeanConneryJune08.jpg (524x595, 296K)

I think it's ok to be a bit of an asshole as long as you're honest about who you are

>I don't brag

no

Attached: nope.jpg (375x500, 34K)

Doing something selfless means not expecting recognition. That's why it's selflessness. At least God knows what you do.

Attached: 1537099716180.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>nobody fucking cares.
You had unreal expectations.
I hope your contact with reality is somewhat closer these days.
The world is a bloody dangerous place and you'll be damned lucky to get out of it alive.
In fact it takes every waking moment of every human being to keep the mirage of our chosen reality alive. We are so close to anihilation.

People are not inherently "good". You dont ever have to teach children how to fight or be jealous. They will do that naturally. Good manners and values have to be taught...

When you do something kind with your right hand, your left hand shouldn't know.

Stop being a Margaery Tyrell

At first you need to define
>nice and decent person
and
>good/better/bad place
after I have read your definitions I'll judge over you.

you value yourself low, and people pick up on it and act accordingly.

God and the Idea that there's a God is an extension of a humans EGO

Nobody wants to believe others are more powerful or blah blah blah

God is a scape-goat for bad actions and consequences lazy cunts don't
want to recognize as their fault for inaction and action and defer to a invisible force...

Wifi is the only invisible force that responds to requests most of the time and God does not even have a fucking password Oy vey..