I just took a mac from the recycling bin in best buy. I work at best buy, could i get fired...

I just took a mac from the recycling bin in best buy. I work at best buy, could i get fired? it was scanned out and had a sticker on it

Attached: BestBuy.500.jpg (500x280, 40K)

Dont brag to your co-workers about it and you should be fine

Dumpster diving is legal in some states. Check your local law.

This. Keep your mouth shut about it.
Also, stop being a garbage picking nigger.

Who throws away apple products? You can sell them to idiot sheeple even if they're 30 years old.

Coincidentally today is my last day at my Bestbuy. I just got my background check back from my new job so I’m quitting and not telling them why because they fucked me over too many times to count.

Anyway all I can say is from my own experience but everyone who has tried to take anything from our recycling got caught and charged. Every single one. From what I remember corporate considers it stealing because even though they are being recycled they are taking possession of the items. I don’t know if you’ll get away with it, you may depending on how anal your leaders are. But if they do catch you and decide to follow protocol you are going to be arrested and sued. It’s stupid but it’s true. I think it’s also something to do with how not all of them have had the memory wiped. Idk. Good luck man. Fuck Bestbuy.

I literally snuck it through the front of the store when no one was looking. how would they be able to catch me unless they randomly check the cameras

if they bother to do an inventory when the recycling company receives it. then there might be a problem. fuck best buy though. godspeed op

Just wipe the HDD and re-install OS, you’ll be fine

They keep track of the things that get recycled? The recycle bin should be getting wrapped and shipped tomorrow

Not being "recycled" they are sold in bulk to other companies that refurbish & resell or strip and reuse parts. Its labeled recycle to gain brownie points with hipsters and "recycle" bin sounds better than "give us your old stuff for free so we can squeeze a little more profit out of the overpriced item you bought from us last year rather than reselling it yourself" bin

if they scanned that shit then maybe? its been years since i last worked there op not sure how it works anymore. dont say anything and get rid of it asap to some dipshit.

Customer service just slaps a sticker on it and doesn't really scan it i believe... its the sticker that really stressing me out. I work in inventory and we don't scan the recycle sticker either

then i wouldnt worry about it

Attached: 1446703346916.gif (464x260, 422K)

how did they get caught? did someone rat them out?

Back when they use to throw away parts I use to go at night and dumpster drive. Made hundreds of shit part pcs and sold them at swapmeets.

Attached: 1461476110145.gif (299x198, 578K)

Attached: 999999999999.gif (299x198, 574K)

grab anything you can from in them

You’d be surprised how often they randomly check cameras. But also the generally keep inventory of that kind of stuff. That being said I was a mobile employee so I only saw the aftermath not the process.

I realize user but that’s what they call it. Can we please just use the name for the thing instead of whatever it is you are trying to say?

A couple got got because people notice when fucking expensive shit gets recycled and realize when it’s missing. A couple were caught from cameras, a leader was caught telling employees to do it because someone didn’t really snitch but just happened to have a big mouth. I’m just saying all it takes is one thing. If he gets away with it that’d be fine by me. I’m just saying if he does get caught it’ll be a not great experience for him. Hell we had a customer come in and take stuff out of the bin out front that has cables and batteries and shit? It was funny watching him get taken by cops and charged with like petty theft.

That was a dumb idea, that's considered theft. If the laptop doesnt even work then you're doubly stupid

Attached: IMG_20190628_030711.jpg (750x723, 67K)

When will I be considered in the clear

how long until the recycling goes?

should be going out tomorrow

should be clear by then if they don't inventory it

I'm guessing you weren't management at Best Buy. There's camera all over the place and most of the time regular employees don't know about them at all. It's to catch shit like what you did. Enjoy being fired from your new job because you missed your first day due to being incarcerated.

So after tomorrow as long as no one checks the cameras (my store usually doesn't, worked in AP) and i dont think they'll inventory it.... Guess ill see after tomorrow

as long as they don't know it should be 100% fine

Enjoy getting fired wagecuck

Sounds like you're a welfare queen or live with parents because your autistic.

You're just jealous because I make more than 40K a year

bro I used to work for best buy corporate and we were able to do a 3D rendition of the area being looked. These cameras are not to be fucked with. Someone is always looking at a camera 24/7. They hire a 3D party company to alert if anything happens on camera. DM/ SM is automatically notified if something arises. That's if the camera guy does their job.