What is bad about vaping?

What is bad about vaping?

Anything to do with nicotine doesn't count, You shouldn't add that in the first place.
I'd like to know just so I can be a bit more informed. To my knowledge the vape was made to combat smoking (which it did) and then people added nicotine and are now saying it's evil.

example: If you smother Broccoli in cheese, it becomes less healthy. That doesn't make broccoli unhealthy.

Attached: Aspire_Pockex_Group__87140.1520549236.jpg (800x1055, 58K)

yes vaping is made to combat smoking so in general its good, I dont think they should be banned. but the problem we dont know long term effects of vaporizing certain chemicals as well as some companies dont put a lot of effort in making them safe. so there are a lot of knock off vapes out there (whether its for nicotine or thc) that are built badly, and when heated up, they vaporize the wires or metal around it which is why its in the news.

Dude, Nicotine is the only NON-hazardous thing in smoking and vaping. All the bad effects from from all the other chemicals and burning/vaporized plant matter/e-liquid. The only thing Nicotine does is get you addicted and give a slight SLIGHT head high.

juul and some ejuice companies fucked it up with high nic content and childish packaging so people are treating it as smoking 2.0 now with instant gratification of microcravings rather than a cessation aid. nicotine itself has a lot of health consequences and afaik second hand vaping is still a problem so I kind of understand their position against it and the vaping = safe narrative despite being very liberal towards individual lifestyle choices and drug use. personally I don't really care, they are worse things in the world than vaping to worry about. if you want to be a retard and get addicted to a shitty stimulant that causes strokes then be my guest, just have some common courtesy towards people who don't want to breathe that shit in and acknowledge it as a dirty habit that isn't good to the individual or anybody to whom vaping becomes normalised as a result of another's use. once the world has adapted and the technology isn't quite new anymore it probably won't be a problem, just as cars had their fair share of problems when they were invented.

There's a possible correlation to popcorn lung with extended vape use, also the media is sensationalizing the fact that someone died recently from vaping *related* causes.

Putting anything into your lungs is likely to be detrimental to your health. That being said, I think the vast majority of us can agree, vaping is healthier than smoking. No tar, no (less) chemicals, etc. You can however, make the nicotine levels quite high, and it can foster the same addiction, but you already addressed that. Cheers

Explain how the heat levels that are just high enough to vaporize liquid are hot enough to VAPORIZE METAL? I don't think so.

Get out, summer.

That doesn't answer my question.

the fuck outta here summer

Nobody cares about your trolling question lmao

How is that a troll? Try it yourself, put some metal in a pot on the stove and set it to boil. It ain't gonna melt.

Thank you so much for all this information D:!
I was generally curious as to why it was showing up more and more.

Wasn't it made because people weren't buy cigarettes at the same rate they used to and people wanted to cash in on nicotine addictions?

fuck off with that popcorn lung bullshit. ONE professor speculated that it might be a concern, but they removed diacetyl, which causes it, from basically all liquids afterward. Even if they hadn't, there's way less diacetyl in any liquid compared to cigarettes, and there've been negligable reports of that even occuring from regular smoking.

Other than that, basically agreed

>To my knowledge the vape was made to combat smoking
by replacing cigarettes with nicotine vapour. nobody but nicotine addicts who are bored of their cravings vapes for the shitty artificial flavourings.

>they vaporize the wires or metal around it which is why its in the news.
metals have to get mighty hot to melt, let alone boil, and if they melt to my knowledge the current being used to heat it will no longer be in circuit to continue heating, similar to a fuse's function. source on this? I think the boiling point of most steels is around 5000c but can't be bothered to google it. manufacturing residues and plastic contaminants vaporising I can believe, but not the coils themselves.

>he thinks broccoli is healthier than cheese

the 80's called

...yeah that's not what's causing the issues in current vaping. there have been a few studies showing microscopic amounts of metal from coils in vapes, but it's unclear if it's enough to worry about long-term and it's been there the whole time.

The current sweep of "vape-related" issues is almost certainly black- and grey-market THC cartridges made with vitamin E oil, which turns to acetate when heated up, which you definitely don't want to inhale in any significant quantity

Probably? I'm pretty sure other drugs were being vaped before nicotine was. They probably saw an opportunity to vehicle their nicotine sales.

This. I started making my own juice because it's cheaper and I only use flavorings that don't contain diacetyl just in case. That said, 4 years of vapi g and no negative side effects so far. Not to say there won't be in the future but the jury is out

Vapiy, so edgy. Enjoy your cancer faggots

Why do you faggots even vape? What's in it for you?

basically correct. if you heat it enough to start damaging the kanthal alloy, it's going to break way before it actually starts melting. it's probably also going to have already vaporized off any liquid in the coil and set the wicking on fire, if there's enough airflow to allow for an actual flame instead of just burning the cotton down.

Also if you're doing that you're a total idiot. Most devices either don't have anywhere near enough power to really get the heat going like that, are regulated in such a way as to have a limited hit time, or they're the type you shouldn't be using without considerable knowledge about what you're doing.

it will fuck up your lungs

You'd look less gay with a dick in your mouth.

also regulating a product out of existence because we don't know what it'll do in 50 years is kinda really stupid. That would basically grind all scientific or medical advancements to a total halt. This shit has been around for over 2 decades and we're still pulling the cards you might use on brand new technology.

Japanese man wanted to break a habit.

The problem was, people were mixing vape liquids with THC and vitamin E citrate. The vitamin E citrate coats your lungs, preventing the conversion of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing sickness and even deaths.

So, instead of going after these basement bombers, they're going after the legal, safe vaping juices. Adults WANT the cereal flavors, the fruit flavors, the custard flavors to disassociate from the smells and tastes of tobacco. I quit smoking 2 years ago by vaping. Cigarette smell is nauseating to me now.

But, yeah... let's ban flavored vape juices in NY state and keep cigarettes legal. Great thinking.

Fuck off, Governor Andrew *Ice Pick" Cuomo.

it's usually good to eat your greens. Cheese is fine on keto and the such but to much will not help.

rather have one then a vape tbqh

they would love to say "Ha we were fine with the old fashion stuff" Also congradulatiopns thats tough to do.

Follow the money. No taxes on vape juice, $5.85 a pack taxes on cigarettes. And, it's the tobacco industry that's pushing states like NY to ban vaping.

It's not the nicotine. Nicotine believe it or not helped with Parkinson's a study showed also it was the carts that fucked the white bitch and all those other fuck ups lives up. She said she smoked 1 a day which is almost impossible considering they are expensive af and she never said cart I think I forget it was a thc cart though and she said she was addicted to them dumb fucking bitch you can't get addicted unless u got a heroin cart those are rare. My take on it is that Trump has friends in the tobacco industry which vaping is killing and doesn't want it taking over I like Trump but God damn

never smoked a cigarette in my life and yet in vaping rn. flair infinity if anyone cares lul