Why do people studying science go out of there way to show how intellectual they are?

why do people studying science go out of there way to show how intellectual they are?

Attached: 671dd8d76c3eac486db93edcacfa4c38.jpg (841x626, 89K)

6 years of hard work and a massive student loan!

Anyone who spends that much time/effort into something does, be it sports, music, intellectual pursuits...

Cos it's a big deal and plebs like you are just jealous

Exactly. If you do A Hard Thing, you will talk about it.

Because intellect is the only thing that matters. Degrees are a way to codify that.

it's not that. i'm doing a law degree. it's just when i talk to other people on campus doing a degree in science they go out of they're way to show how logical they are. it's just obnoxious

Why not? Most people are retarded and they should know that they are the reason everything is shit. They should feel bad. Think about how many laws only exist just to keep idiots from killing themselves, seatbelt laws, jaywalking laws, drug laws, etc. Our entire society is setup to govern idiots and keep them from doing stupid things. For people who do not need to be micromanaged in this way our society is stifling. Fuck normies.

A law degree is a far cry from a science degree, though.

OP you sound jelly as fuck if anything

sure. but i don't randomly bring up the law system to someone that doesn't understand all the nuances behind it just to sound more intelligent.

maybe astronomy and fluid mechanics is more interesting :p

follow Neil Degrasse Tyson on twitter and tell me he's not fucking condescending. that's how a lot of people doing science sound (at least in my experience).

I dont have twitter, what tweets are you talking about?

Attached: 2019-09-17 (3).png (751x158, 25K)

oof, ill give you that. I mean, the guys' counter was weak AF, but thats grandstanding. tbh though, I dont find thats the usual way people communicate science.

that is how we get jobs to opress you, coffee maker male.

Look through his past tweets.
For a man whose well respected, he really makes an ass out of himself

Says more about those who "respect" him. Personally, I couldn't care less. Astronomy isn't my thing

I have 5 years of college into a comp sci degree. Dropped out my last year because I got an awesome high paying job offer and couldn't juggle both. Shortly after we had that "depression" and me and two graphic designers got laid off.

I was thst way right out of school. High and mighty and talked like it too. It's legit because everyone else in your classes and profs talk like that. It only took a few months until I realized you only need to act like that until you get hired. After that all your coworkers will spite you and hate you.

Unless you work for a huge dev firm with all other douchebags like yourself, you won't keep a job long or everyone will hate you. I wish they threw a few "people skill" courses into the comp sci program.

Agree with the first half, at least.

Logic is supreme.

The man is popsci.

They think it makes up for being dork fag losers