You are blessed with the gift of free will

>You are blessed with the gift of free will
>Choose to jack off and play vidya all day

Attached: airydrnk.jpg (850x850, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_glaciation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm making muffins. I will have a coffee and a wank later. Then maybe some Daemon X Machina.

Better than reawake the crystals.

[citation needed]

Attached: 1566231342911.png (663x655, 128K)

Well, ain't free will a bitch?

>not a picture of jack daniels
you had one job op

>free will
>has to either leech off from parents, goverment or be a slave of labour
pick one and only one

You just demonstrated it by providing us with another invaluable shitpost. Now I'm going to demonstrate it to myself by going into my kitchen and making a sandwich. Suck my dick, you post modernist faggot.

And? What exactly is wrong here?

Free will is kind of non existent even if we are aware of the fact. You can be influenced over time to have certain behaviours that you rationally know are illogical. Kids put on an island with no cell reception will still look at their phones habitually when they get bored. They know they'll never see Facebook while on the island, but the behaviour is ingrained. I know that doing my assignments is not hard and doesn't take that much time, but I always leave them to the last minute. I know this is sub optimal. I can't stop doing it. My mother drinks a bottle of wine a day. She knows she's dying. She can't stop. My dad instinctively gives people an order when they enter the house. He knows a guest shouldn't have to water the pot plants but he can't help being a psychopath.

Free will doesn:t mean Im free from consequences. There are things I WANT to do and then there are things I need to do. And the things I need to do is what allows me to do the things I WANT to do.

>You are blessed with free will in an overpopulated world in which the individual has no value or power
T-thanks

Bullshit, that's only a case of those people being weak to temptation.

>Choose to jack off and play vidya all day

Attached: merchant.gif (411x480, 31K)

you can literally do all three, at the same time, if you want.

>I can't stop doing it
It's called not doing it
>but muh conditioning and influence
Sounds like a (You) problem. Get better willpower bitch.
>boohoo I've been influenced by all the fat fucks around me to not exercise because we'll die anyway so fuck it am I right fellow millennials
Literally kill yourself if you think like this.

>free will isn't real cause u can form habits and stuff

low iq

high iq

What kind of muffins are you making, user? I made banana nut muffins last week. They came out breddy good, threw some chocolate chips in too.

>Born with free will
>Not born with free grill instead

Attached: gettyimages-465992128.jpg (1200x882, 151K)

>If free will is a lie than pretty much everything American society is built on is a lie
Really makes you think.

Attached: smug.png (2480x2480, 248K)

I never asked for this

society at it again

Attached: 1jcDmGi.gif (500x203, 1.47M)

>born with free will
>choose to have fun
is it such a bad idea?

>he thinks questioning free will started with postmodernism
oh nonononono

take the black pill user

I never said I was depressed you incel.
Just that I jack off and play vidya a lot.

Attached: clip.jpg (1023x724, 491K)

Things would be different if I had a fairy onahole.

Getting a grill is easy, all you need is a firm handshake.

>Be hard determinist
>Have a friend who is a pretty spiritual christian
>If I discuss my nihilistic views around her she freaks
>She can't fathom the idea that things like life don't have inherent meaning, and suggesting other wise disturbs her, she can't understand that I'm nihilistic
Religion is fucking weird.
I don't get why people need "Meaning"

Attached: KazumaKaneko-Matador.jpg (1896x2428, 524K)

Toil and responsibility won't give me in this reality what I want, so I'll settle for second best. Which is wiring myself to endless entertainment stream and having a gun ready to end it all on impulse.

Wasting time is the ultimate expression of free will. Lesser beings must struggle every day to survive, but we can spend our time on leisure.

This post is literally me

>post modernist faggot
>post modernist
sub-100iq retard

Not my fault God created beautiful women.

Seems like she needed some buffs.

you are blessed with the right to fuck off my plane of existence you humongous faggot

Attached: 1558605523585.png (771x723, 680K)

Thats just how a healthy person reacts to nihilism

Plane?

Attached: c63bcdy3tml31.jpg (300x397, 22K)

>nihilism means you must be depressed sad sack
I find it nice that I'm not really shackled by any expectations of how I should be, and am therefore free to live my life with the only meaning being assigned to things is the meaning I myself have assigned.

Existential nihilism just tells there's not one universal plan for Everything, but that we have the freedom and responsibility to create meaning for ourselves. I don't get how that's scary, or sick.

And that is the sum of free will, I choose to do what I enjoy at the moment and not what is expected of me by social conventions or biological instinct.

This is the sum of sums, the true number living a greater life.

Remember to spend time in direct sunlight today.

>I don't get how that's scary, or sick.
For her at least, I believe she puts her faith in the idea that good people are eventually rewarded, and bad people are punished. She's had to sit though a lot of shit happening in her life, and I guess she gets though it by telling herself everything will balance out and work out in the end, in this life or the next. To suggest otherwise attacks her very worldview, and people don't take getting their entire worldview very well.

>he believes in free will
looooooool

no

how do you choose your own meaning
if you don't really choose anything

Attached: EEgah_iU4AEsNN_.jpg large.jpg (2048x1152, 411K)

Sunlight makes me feel depressed, especially when the air is hot and stagnant. I enjoy overcast and slight rain.

I'm a free man, slave.

>Sunlight makes me feel depressed
Literally, objectively false.

And it's still better than working for Shlomo Globalstein.

If I had real free will I'd be able to just make my sexual desires go away so I could focus on vidya and ignore thots entirely.

There's no free will. Everything is predetermined. That includes your thoughts on the matter.

You have a meaning, even if you don't admit to it or you don't realize it, because something without purpose is ultimately useless and it's existence meaningless which would lead you to kill yourself
you think you are, but you're not

Don't tell me how I feel, faggot.

>play vidya all day
I fucking wish I had all that time to waste.

I'd rather be blessed with a fairy onahole.

What's a good whiskey from USA? I'm only familiar with scottish ones.

Pretty much. If you can convice the beings what you want it's actually not what you want. It's other beings convicing other higher beings to get what they want. We are just vessel. Just a joke.

There's no such thing as Scottish whiskey.

And get cancer? Fuck off.

>He can't understand why one would want to exist without "meaning"
I like to enjoy activities that grant me dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and endorphins, that is my meaning.

Attached: ragdolldance.gif (434x398, 833K)

if there was ever a high entity, it certainly doesnt give a shit about us, but its not like we give a shit about ourselves either, we keep fucking up the only planet to create life known to mankind, its a miracle that we lasted this long as a species

Attached: 1567774090974.png (272x191, 58K)

why are kids allowed to post on internet.

go fuck a tree lol

JD is trash tier

I want to fuck that fairy.

Don't worry bruh I'll chose to stop choosing soon enough. I hope that makes us cool

How's high school going

The last time I threw up from alcohol was ~7 years ago drinking the whole fifth in an hour. It's disgusting and I can't even smell it without gagging.

Attached: 11770058670110.png (490x686, 88K)

you know it to be true, a little bit of care for your planet wouldnt hurt anyone. or am I suddenly underage because I care about it?

Attached: 1553464559814.jpg (932x824, 344K)

>fucking up the planet
Brainlet. We're in a fucking ice age. We were all gonna clock out from heat anyway and the schedule hasn't moved up all that much cosmically. That we even got this far is miraculous. Kill yourself you spook loving, tree fucking, faggot.

>believes in free will
There is no freedom, only the commands from God as He plays this Sims game.

You do realize that we've yet to comprehend conciousness, right?
Your pointless reliance on scientific decriptions of some of the processes of our brain is merely taking certain pieces of a much larger engine and mistaking them for the engine itself

>we're in an ice age
proofs?

No you've just got a smooth fucking brain. Our choices are to deny nature or succumb to it. There was never a middle path that your 'mother' nature prescribed for you. We are flecks of foam riding the top of a wave. Our lot is fleeting by design and only through near impossible happenstance will we be ascendant

You have basic needs like eating, drinking, sex, etc.
That’s not free will. We’re all animals.

We can't comprehend consciousness because it's not actually real, more a trick of the mind. An illusion. Just a way for our thoughts to view themselves.

Give me that rosebud;!;!;!;! senpai

Many thanks for the new Airy picture

Attached: airypencil.jpg (1023x724, 1M)

Any time with ice on a main continent is considered a geological ice age. According to records, much like the micro-cycle ice ages we've been observing they happen rarely relative to the BIG cycle.
The game was rigged from the start.

Ofcourse you have proof for such a grievous assertion, correct?

>Any time with ice on a main continent is considered a geological ice age

Attached: 1556854055429.png (320x353, 82K)

okay so no proof, got it

You can't prove a negative, user.
You wanna provide proof that this thing you call conciseness actually has reason to exist, beyond people saying that they "feel like it does".

Hour of direct sunlight, half a gallon of water, and eight hours of sleep every day.

I used to fantasize about finding a fairy and mutilating her wings so I could keep her as a pet.

you're free to stop breathing faggot, please do

you can co-exist with nature, to say you either deny it or succumb to it is implying there was never a middle term.
by all means take more

Attached: 1553459404325.png (783x1280, 1.39M)

No one has thoughts but me. Everyone else just follows programmed responses to my actions.

Literally impossible. You do not have free will. You cannot hold your breath to death.

>tfw shitposts aside we have an entire generation of sociopaths who think this unironically

Attached: 1558633424809.png (750x550, 482K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_glaciation
>tell you a fact
>FUCK YOU PROVE IT
>explain fact
>NO JUST FUCKING GOOGLE SOMETHING FOR ME
I hope everyone in this thread fucking dies. I take all that shit about man-kind over coming back.

I hear that dolphins can do that.

Attached: 1568586463483.webm (640x480, 2.23M)

I can't provide proof for the reason of conciousness to exist because I never claimed so, nor do I know why.
But I do know that while we can question the nature or its existance it is undeniable that it is universal amongst all humans thus an a priori feature of the human race.
I do not concern myself with why it exists because even if we did know why it would be ultimately useless since this is the reality we inhabit and we can not change it but I do concern myself with what to do with it.

Because we are bound to physical limitations. It's called reality.

>you can co-exist with nature
No, you're retarded. Look at the history of the planet. Everything gets wiped out eventually because the planet cycles and or the inter-species dynamics change.
Stop existing.

Dolphins are the true children of God.

I don't know about free will but i want to fuck Airy

thanks boomers

The fuck does this have to do with this thread at all, even by shitpost standards.

>blessed with free will
>get tired of my own shitposting
>engage in conversations light-heartedly realizing getting in an argument or being angry over some stupid crap on an anonymous board is useless
>subconscious still opens a tab and starts typing "board" in url
One of these days I'll beat it

Intentionally drowning is not the same as holding your breath to suffocation. We can intentionally drown too.

I drink too

This

Attached: 1540942725531.png (366x286, 6K)

the joke is he said jacking off

Solipsism isn't sociopathy, surely.

>blessed with free will and infinite potential
>forced to slave away for 8 hours a day at a place you hate just to make enough money to survive
I wish I could be a NEET again.

Attached: 1422011771857.jpg (668x620, 113K)

>you cannot hold your breath to death
>what is extended use of mammalian diving reflex
This entire thread is just filled with dis-info

>he doesn't know about cooming
newfag alert!

How is it not? It's literally crazy if someone actually believes it.

>not the same as holding your breath to suffocation
Dolphins don't breath subconsciously like humans do, because they live under the fuckin water and would die.
They are quite literally capable of just choosing not to take another breath, AND they have the capacity to understand suicide, so we have literal cases of badly treated dolphins in sea parks actually offing themselves by holding their breaths until death.

No, I know about that retarded meme, i'm saying what does it have to do with this particular thread?

this is Yea Forums
not /fit/

Battle/Heavy rope is a pretty good supplemental workout

>jack off multiple times a day
>end up with bloody pimples and ripped skin so I can't jack off for the next few days without it hurting like shit
How do you fellow coomers do it? The physical limitations of my dick are a real pain in the ass sometimes.

we'll break free one day user, we'll reach the stars

HEY HEY HEY DIPSHITS. WHERE'S MY (YOU)? SURELY YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GHOST WITHOUT ADMITTING YOU FUCKED UP?

>because something without purpose is ultimately useless and it's existence meaningless which would lead you to kill yourself
This depresses me, not because it's true, it's not. But because it means you think it is, because you don't feel happiness and well being without menial tasks and social appreciation, that you can't find anything that would please you in a structureless reality.

I hope you get better one day user, I really do.

We aren't responding because you are a colossal retard and it's not worth the effort.

Reaching the stars means nothing. If we desired it we could already feed people and live with almost no fucking labour. Our efficiency is insane especially with the incoming automation improvements. """We""" choose to live like this. The stars can't save you. Only you can chose to wake up.

its right there, are you not only retarded, but also blind?

>continental and polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers
Hmm yes all those alpine glaciers everywhere, can't even see the fucking sun because of them

>We aren't responding because you are a colossal retard
>literally right about everything
>forced to source it
>um fuck you not worth my time
Pathetic mate. Just spineless. Save the planet d00d and whatever hippy shit gives your life meaning.

Look at this disgusting post-modernist. Makes me wretch.

Attached: David-Hume-oil-canvas-Allan-Ramsay-Scottish-1766.jpg (1364x1600, 511K)

This, we're living in what should be an age of plenty of everyone, but shit resource management and greedy fucks who want to hoard millions of times what they need leave us in our current situation
We're at peak resources, things will only get even worse from here.

We didn't choose shit, you and I don't choose shit
The elites do, but they can't keep it up infinitely, there's going to be a conciousness breakthrough

It's perfectly logical and cannot be disproved without God.

>The Quaternary glaciation, also known as the Pleistocene glaciation, is an alternating series of glacial and interglacial periods during the Quaternary period that began 2.58 Ma (million years ago), and is ongoing.[1][2][3] Although geologists describe the entire time period as an "ice age", in popular culture the term "ice age" is usually associated with just the most recent glacial period.[4] Since earth still has ice sheets, geologists consider the Quaternary glaciation to be ongoing, with earth now experiencing an interglacial period.
It's SO HARD to read the first paragraph of the second link isn't it? Honestly. You're really smart but people just don't give you enough credit. You'd be successful if you tried, I'm sure ,':^) you just don't feel like trying!

I never mentioned anything about menial tasks or social appreciation.
I only metioned meaning, it seems that your definition is meaning is the one that is reduced here and not mine. Ironically the only things you percieve as meaning are the ones that you projected onto me and that is what is truly saddening here.

it's self-evident that consciousness exists because every person experiences qualia. you would need to show evidence to prove otherwise. you can "prove" a negative to the same extent that you can "prove" a positive. your senses could be fooled, but from your perspective you've still proven the positive. look up the gettier problem.

>Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist.
Fancy word for the old meme about how the only people on Yea Forums are you, me and a bunch of bots?

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
By this definition, we are in an interglacial period—the Holocene. The amount of heat trapping gases emitted into Earth's oceans and atmosphere will prevent the next ice age, which otherwise would begin in around 50,000 years
5 fucking seconds to disprove you, you dumb cunt.

its dumber than "the universe spins around the earth" tier
>the universe revolves around me
if thats not the ultimate narcissistic psycho way to think idk what is
>cant admit somone else enjoys life without meaning
>moves goalposts
this is how your brain handled defeat, with denial
this is why no one actually intelligent will bother properly debating you

Attached: 1563387361448.jpg (894x894, 293K)

It's not even about hoarding it's about maintaining social order, reliance and control. If it were about hoarding the third world wouldn't be flooded with mobile phones.

Hume didn't deny free will, dipshit, he only said that our thoughts are guided by habituality, nothing more.

Carrot cake. First lot are a bit dark but nothing cream cheese frosting can't cover.

Attached: received_2655396991159762.jpg (1080x1776, 136K)

and how does that stop you from co-existing with nature exactly you humongous retard?

Attached: 1553459050158.png (771x1200, 794K)

>confusing inter glacial to mean outside of an ice age
ooooooh boy

>Unga sun still hot, summer weather not over
>Krug wait until weather 55 degrees at 2pm to get sun.

Is it weird that I want these fairies to fly up my urethra? Haha

>Interglacial period
So we aren't in an Ice Age, we're living in the period of not ice age of an Ice Age. Do you even read what you fucking copy paste?

>55
Sucks to suck.

Attached: Capture.png (567x125, 6K)

No goal posts were moved, the convesation is ongoing, fuck off brainlet

>I'm a free man, slave
>But I act solely based on instructions my body gives me in a form of hormones for a sense of temporal satisfaction
You are even less free than your bible- thumping friend.

>free will
>in our deterministic quark simulator

markers marks is true mans drink (if you are in a budget).

>its dumber than "the universe spins around the earth" tier
Calling it dumb is not an argument. You cannot disprove it, therefore it's true.

>Yea Forums thinks free will means making decisions
Sometimes I forget how stupid and underage this board is.

Attached: 1364823331013.jpg (409x393, 32K)

>Yea Forums - Philosophy
OP knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Attached: airy.jpg (856x922, 229K)

The future exists THROUGH nature not with it.

Did YOU
>geologists describe the entire time period as an ice age
>since earth still has ice sheets [...] the Quaternary glaciation [is] ongoing.
I cannot imagine what it feels like to be you. Interglacial is PART of an ice age. The ice age itself as cycles. Just fucking unreal you brain is as smooth as silk.

Looks nice and moist! I hope you enjoy them.

Hume was a Combatibalist, I am aware. He did, however, go through a period of belief where he did not believe in Free Will, or rather could not find a way to reconcile his belief that human beings do not have an aspect of themselves that exists outside of causality and hence all of our actions are causally determined. My greater point is that questioning the existence of Free Will isn't something that popped up with post-modernism. I apologise for not making that clearer.

>do a trade job
>get paid even while being an apprentice
>once we finish a project on a site we get a temporary volunteer layoff
>get 1-3 weeks off until next project
>be a NEET for those weeks
>feel refreshed before the next project
>never have to deal with the HR, customers, and other crap associated with a wagie job

>He doesn't have one already.

Just because I know it and he doesn't, doesn't mean we both aren't slaves to our hormones, user.

>make 100k+ doing diddly all
>no family so can go home after and vidya till sleep
feels good man

Attached: 1458628775107.jpg (544x515, 78K)

>talk about video games ten hours a day, every day for 11 years on this shitty board
Let me have this one.

>carrot cake muffins

Attached: 1559856494596.jpg (680x456, 25K)

>I like to enjoy activities that grant me dopamine
>You do realize that we've yet to comprehend conciousness HURRRRR?
nice
change
of
goalposts
faggot
kys

Attached: 1511518616902.jpg (209x209, 21K)

Yeah part of an Ice Age macrocycle, but ultimately, from a pragmatic point of view, we are not in a fucking Ice Age you fucking triple nigger

If you're the airy poster this thread isn't doing you any favours. You look really fucking dumb.

Thanks! Ironically I got into cooking because of video games, the idea of recipe in, product out, appealed to me.

God bless you Harvest Moon. Shame I can't stack 50 of them and throw them at someone.

WOW, she's literally me, DESU

Attached: Anime2.jpg (1987x1847, 788K)

>chose to join the army
>no more free will
I'm not a very bright goy

There are 2 airy posters.
One is me, OP.

Likewise I apologise for offending you, it was highly unwarranted and presumptious of me in your regards

>but ultimately, from a pragmatic point of view, we are not in a fucking Ice Age you fucking triple nigger
No. Ultimately from a BIG picture perspective we are ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY in an ice age and we will LEAVE it soon enough.
Being at the warmer cycle of a cold period is not hot. Things will get hot and we'll have real shit to deal with soon enough.
It's not dat col' atta moment m8 is some knuckle dragger shit and a terrible way to define environmental patterns.
Never use the term pragmatic again, you're incapable of identifying it for the same reasons you're incapable of acting by its principles - idiocy.

commissioned or boot?

If you can't make the logical connection between dopamine and conciousness I don't really think we're on the same level here
that or you're arguing disingenously

theres actually 3 Airy posters

Attached: 1553461221865.jpg (850x700, 126K)

How soon is soon enough?
10 years? 50? 100? 1000?

Amen.

Yes, that's my point.

CAF non commissioned grunt

Sorry, no.

>free will
lol

>He hasn't played JRPGS
>He doesn't know killing god isn't a meme
Just grind more XP nerd

I have a headache. I filled the food, thirst and rest bars but it still hasn't gone away? Suggestions? My Room/Environment meter is fairly low but that's harder to fill.

Surly all this goalpost moving hurts your back user?
Why don't you fill us in on the link between dopamine and consciousness?
And don't give us that "You wouldn't understand so there's no point" bullshit.

Yea Forums still exists?

No more blueboard, post airy porn now.

fuck mods, jannies and niggers etc.

Apparently.

Fuck me, my nice threads about to get ruined.

You're both retarded. We've proven that action occurs before conscious thought. In some scenarios and the others are too complex to make a conclusion.

To break that down:
Do some decisions occur before thought? YES
Do some decisions occur after thought? Probably
We have proof of one and not other the other. It's easy to imply that long term planning and forethought is indicative of conscious action but the same actions that occur unconsciously but REGISTER as conscious also appeared conscious before we designed the proper testing designs and measurement tools.
Dopamine is just a neural transmitter and has NOTHING more to do with consciousness than it does any other neurological function.

Consciousness is real and experienctially proven but it's irrelevant because it's the product of pre-determined reactions.
Free will exists as an experience but our decisions are pre-determined

also fuck Yea Forums I'm out.

I MIGHT NOT HAVE FREE WILL
BUT I CAN SAY
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK TRANNIES
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
FUCK JANNIES

mods are niggers

you will be, soon, given your trajectory

FUCK MODS
FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS

Holy shit truely based

Yea Forums moves slowly, huh?

Attached: based.png (754x867, 999K)

Omg that sounds so good
But if you're adding frosting, is it even a muffin anymore?
Regardless, please fucking give me one

why is it vidya and porn, if I have free will?

Incredible my retarded politics thread yesterday hit the bump limit but an interesting thread like this get Yea Forumsaptized. Jannies are truely fags.

What thread was yours, user?

Attached: postmodernist.jpg (1200x1200, 362K)

The evening one

That's all I am allowed to do most of the time.

Bump!

Come on anons, you c-can do it! D-don't let the thread die now!

Attached: 1566369426000.jpg (116x252, 15K)

go away, you shitty bot

I don't give a fuck about the topic of this thread. All i know is that people are posting Airy. I hope there will be a Bravely Third