How long did it take you guys to move on from your ex, Yea Forums?

How long did it take you guys to move on from your ex, Yea Forums?

I feel like I’m stuck in a hole here.

Attached: 67E73E4B-E936-49FB-A930-E09DD255EF09.jpg (750x1000, 95K)

Bump

a month
was 4 years with her, mad in love
fucked up myself, forgave myself and saw that actually we weren't really compatible in the first place to begin with and both of us tried to search for a way out
me fucking up was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, now in more compatible relationship personality wise

I was with mine for over 3 years and It’s been about a month since we broke u but half the time I’m still thinking about her and all of the memories we had. In all honesty I too realise that I’m better off single but idk how to stop loving her

I dated a girl all the way through highschool and into freshman year of college, my situation is surely slightly different than others and is very complicated but I basically got crippled and she didn’t think I could be the same person anymore, it’s been about 5 months and I’m dating a new girl who’s great, but I think when you really love someone they’re always gonna have a piece of your heart, bc I still think about her every day

Feel the same bud been drinking for like 3 years because of it. I loved that fucking girl. People tell me to find someone else and im alsomst ready its just scary to maybe get hurt like that again.

How long has it been since you broke up? And who broke up with who?
In my case I was over it instantly, I couldn't wait to be out of that relationship.

most of "reflecting back" (more like incontrolable flash backs) of anxious, cringy or downright sick and bad situations in the past is just the way your brain tries to teach you a lesson
you are repeating those situations back in your brain so you feel that pain again in hopes you won't do that in the future
now, I wish you don't really isolate yourself and push everyone from you, it was hard for me to open up to my new gf, but I learned a lot and saw a major difference with my new gf from get go

see where you fucked up, why it didn't work out and learn from it
moving on is hard, but much easier than just laying down in a ditch and waking up couple of years later when you can't really move on due to your whole life being fucked up just because one thing

It’s been about a month, she broke up with me me due to her mental health

I appreciate the advice. I’m trying not to isolate myself since I know that’s the worst thing I could do but I don’t have many people in my life anyway so I do what I can

What happened with your relationship

get more into your hobby
or go out and find new people
just start friendly chatting up anonymous strangers or people in circles of your interest (hobby or career)
this will help you a lot, take care user

I can tell you it has been something like 6 months now and I cant remember the name of my ex from the top of my head
I am just having so much things in my life at the moment that she isn't coming to my mind unless I actively try to think about her which I don't really want to because it's in the past

you probably didn't succeed in your relationship with your ex due to her mental issues but also maybe because you were simply incompatible with her

Idk. Stuck in that same hole for 2 years now. My guess would be finding someone else who I end up falling in love with. But that's proving a hard task and my life going shit in other areas don't help. But maybe you'll have more success user, at least I hope so, chin up and go get them. Good luck.

nah man, first you have to love yourself before you start loving other people
you can't start using others as a crutch

I don't even know what that means. I do love myself I think, I treat myself, I have several qualities I like about myself, I force myself to keep pushing foward no matter how hard it gets, etc. I seriously believe I'm just stuck in a hole due to other life altering circumstances (grandma almost dying, failed to enter college twice, friends too busy to hang out, molested when young, toxic family, etc) and that I miss dating due to having that someone that I believe who loves me and helping me face those problems head-on. Plus the relationship ending on a shitty note and concluding that she was a shit person to me when I look back on it kinda helps me realize I don't miss her as much as I miss having that warmth that only love gave me.

Sounds like you aren’t in love with your ex, but you miss the feeling of being in a relationship

love with a person that doesn't really love you back is a selfish circlejerk
looking at your post you don't really love yourself which is why you need someone else to love you, so you can feel loved
loving is a giving emotion, not taking emotion
it feels nice being loved, but nobody will love someone who is out with them purely for that simple feeling

fix yourself, set some standards for yourself and your significant other and then you will start to love

Well I don't want someone who doesn't love me back, I only didn't realize she loved me back because we were both hormonal 17 year olds and I didn't think much about it because I was happy. Its only when she broke up by text and mutual ex friends of her but still of me revealed the kinda shit she used to say that I came to realise it was never the other way around. And also don't think I'm ready to just fall for anyone else I would have done it already, it's not like I haven't met anyone in these past two years, just feel like there were certain things about those people that I didn't enjoy so it never moved past just friends, else I know at least one person I'm sure I could have been dating right now. And again, what the fuck does it even mean to love myself?

it means that you're the kind of person you wish you were

We had a kid and things were good for like 2 years and boom shes putting heroine needles in her arm. Caught my ass completely off guard. Didnt see it coming. But she was told to pretty much fuck off by me and her family i did kiss her on the head one last time. God i miss holding her

No offense but I find that incredibly silly. No one is who they want to be else we wouldn't spend our entire lives working to be better. Again, I think I love myself. I like several things about myself, recognise what I gotta work on, and accept that everyone has faults even me. I seriously think the only reason I cant move on until I find another relationship is because I lack deep human connections in my life and that's something I very much enjoy having and the last one I had was with an ex gf. Therefore, I seek another relationship, with someone who can love me back properly this time. Just feel lonely, that's all. And I end up missing those times when I didn't, thus my difficulty to move on.

You’re better off without. You probably would have completely forgot about her if it wasn’t for the kid. Is she still on h?

Yeah last i heard a couple months ago she was in jail for having some. Your right about me probably moving on if it wasnt for my son but my mom died from cancer when i was 8 and hes 7 now and the whole situation is Fucking with me in a bad way

Also to add i cry nightly to be honest

Fuck other girls

Sorry to hear user. You clearly have a lot going on in your life so it’s probably easy to think about when you had love in your life as a way to try escape from reality. Shit sucks, hope things get better for you

I have no interest in fucking other girls, I tried it once and it sucked. Sex for me is meaningless unless it’s with someone I’m connected with

time is a dumb mnemonic. What you're looking for is action, how much action does it take to get over your ex. Go do a thing

Depends on how long you were together, how much she meant to you, how important the relationship was to you, etc. I dated a girl for 9 months, and she was my first and only girlfriend. I took her to our high school prom, had my first date with her, had my first kiss with her, lost my virginity with her, etc. It took me like 2 years to really get over her after we broke up, and even though I've emotionally moved on I still think about her every so often. You'll be aight, user. Happens to the best of us.

Attached: sad.jpg (600x900, 73K)

Yeah im a nostalgic fucker so that dosent help but yeah i hope it gets better to thanks user

Actually got on a ssri recently anyone
Ever been on those? How was it?