Addicted to weed. Is this a bad thing? like I know it's not addictive but like im not happy without it

Addicted to weed. Is this a bad thing? like I know it's not addictive but like im not happy without it.
Is this a bad thing?

Attached: aid161327-v4-728px-Help-Someone-Overcome-Marijuana-Addiction-Step-1-Version-4.jpg (728x546, 50K)

>addicted to weed
>not addictive

Ok retard

Yes. It's a psychological addiction. Implying there's psychological issues. You figure it out.

Is it illegal where you live? If so, the police is your greatest ally. Turn yourself in. Remember: addiction is an illness and requires medical attention.

people can argue the semantics of the word "addiction" but in reality a lot of stoners never put the pipe down after their first hit

Yeah once I had my first edible I wasn't ever sober after that

your putting yourself in a facade
you like that weed makes you happy
because without it your sad and that's the problem
you need to find out what your unhappy or unsatisfied with in your life

I know its an illness but I don't want to ruin my life to get off of it

god i need some edibles man

Oh shit ill have to think on that

If you're not happy without it then grow your own. Other than that, who cares.

ironically weed made me figure this out about myself.
i thought i need certain things in my life to make me happy
turns out its usually something simple like companionship, financial, or social issues

Weed is a depressant. I feel down for a few days after I smoke a lot and then it gets better.

Feeling depress is kinda like its hangover. View it that way. When I smoke too much and start feeling too down when I don't, I just stop a week or two and some again when I feel like it.

I have given up on trying to talk to women and have literally no female friends could thi be the source?

because you've gone more than a month or two without weed right? gimmie a break

Id has to disagree because when im high everything is fine but I always have to refresh my high. but when I had to sober up for my ACT last year I felt miserable for the 2 days I was sober

If you get off it and get past the first 3 days, you'll be fine. I'm on probation after being high for 4 years straight, and I've got no problem. Go through the rest of your stuff or sell it first, so you can't act on the urge. If it's hard to get past the first few days, try taking a little benadryl to sleep through them.

what?

i dont know user
>smoke a little bit listen to some music and start thinking about your past, desires, future and what you need to do to improve yourself
give it a couple days
it might put you an existential crisis so just be careful not to put yourself in a downward spiral of negativity

Yeah ill try not to end up a doomer thanks man

wHaT

Attached: Mocking-Spongebob.jpg (502x353, 43K)

Take some dxm and convince yourself that the person who was you doesn't need to use weed to have fun, or to be a good person.

Attached: robocough-cough-suppressant.jpg (450x450, 32K)

I just genuinely don't understand what youre trying to say but ok

yeah well weed has helped me too when I was truly depressed. Just don't rely only on that to find what's making you sad or patch it up.

Withdrawal makes me lazy and kinda depressed. Depression is another story.

My anxiety and urge to isolate myself was caused by ADHD. I started taking Vyvanse (20 mg) and I'm much better, less depressed, more outgoing.

I know for a fact that I have anxiety because both I and my sister have it and so does my mom.
Should I take something for it and do I have to go to a doctor?

kek no surpise there

Going to a doctor means taking something he prescribes. If you're looking for help without drugs, maybe a psychologist.

Weed is definitely addictive (mentally). It's all based on the person.

I can smoke an ounce a week at my worst, and without weed I basically can't eat, and also get fits of rage like a fucking child.

I'm trying to cut back but it's hard to even resist getting high. I always try to run from my problems that's why I smoke so much weed, really I just need to grow the fuck up and cut it out completely.

You don't have to be an ass about it but ok

How many times have you gone a month or two without coffee since your first cup? Without alcohol?

i recommend going to a therapist thats a safe way of figuring out whats your problem
medication helps but that's just another bill and more chemicals your introducing to your body

ive also had the rage attacks and they are not pretty ive lost some close people from that shit

Read about it and learn as much as you can. There's so many things to considerate, you'll have to make that decision.

I took meds for anxiety and made me feel like shit. I just take Vyvanse and smoke some weed and I'm doing great. Of course, I had to unscamble a lot of things by myself to feel somewhat better.

If you mother and sister have anxiety, you probably come from a stressful environment. Read about meditation to find some peace. That will mix well with a high cbd, low THC weed.

I don't drink alcohol or coffee

They won't turn me in or anything right?

i feel the exact same way when im smoking every day, but once you get off it in a couple weeks you feel fine without it again. this is just how it is with most things in life

Not unless you're endangering a child, or anything like that.

Thanks for the advice and yeah my mom was an alcoholic so things were somewhat stressful

No, I live alone but I drive high everywhere so I just won't tell him that

exactly. little kids in this thread

Things will get better once you get away from what's toxic. Maybe weed isn't helping neither. 2 days without it is short. It can take a few days for the brain fog to go.

dont tell them they are legally required to put that on your record
>replace it with like alcohol so its less risky to talk about it

Ill probably just not mention driving

Yeah, why involve external help when you can just solve it on your own and not spend cash?

Some people lose the willpower to quit on there own why do you think addiction centers exist?

They exist for stuff that's more addictive than fucking weed. Maybe he should try it on his own first, instead of giving up on himself?

This. But look yourself in the mirror while doing it

Attached: 93F7EA2E-0BD8-4D09-9892-D6D62FA19AF3.png (512x512, 12K)

No, you're just gay

no u

I appreciate the jokes but im at the point that every day doesn't feel real I can't remember anyone names or even shit I did 6 hours ago

Because you're gay.

Thanks

my highs wear off very fast, for me it's always a waste of money to buy weed but I still do it every time I can, even when I can't really afford it

>not addictive
>literally destroys your dopamine receptors permanently

I wasnt joking. I believe you can do it on your own. And other people in rehab will laugh at you for being there for weed.

For some reason, it takes priority over anything im doing. Even if im late ill take time to smoke before leaving

You're not addicted to weed, you're addicted to escaping from thinking about reality.

You're thinking of cocaine or meth.

This is probably true

yeah it's this, for me it wouldn't have to be weed, just anything that calms my stupid ass down (I have anxiety issues)

No, there are studies about that.

Now of course you cannot believe every paper you see but I can attest it based on my experience

I take edibles to help me sleep, but I force myself to go without them half or more of the time. You need a regimen like this. Self discipline will give you freedom to live.

just kinda hope I havent already ruined my life I thought I would at least make it to 40 before that

Yeah I just lost all self-control with it

So retake it. Lay out a plan and write it down. Make yourself take a week off. Then 2 days on, 2 days off.

You can force yourself to cold Turkey with a few easy steps
>expend your entire supply
Get absolutely fucked up for one night and enjoy the fuck out of it with no regrets. Without supply, you'll naturally want to spend your money on it, which leads to the next step:
>put any disposable income you may be tempted to use in savings
You wouldn't force yourself to pull from your savings to buy weed right? It's too much of a hassle.
>Sell all of your weed- related products and put that money in savings too
Don't give yourself the hammer if you're not gonna nail it in.
>Avoid your pothead friends or only hang with them in non-smoking locations
The hardest part of quitting is not putting yourself in the atmosphere of getting high. Don't go out of your way to put yourself in those situations
>find something that gives the same satisfaction
Pick up going to the gym, or going to amusement parks, getting a gf to fuck constantly, drinking, something that will give the same feel you're looking for. Just not weed.

Attached: 1565180369133.jpg (720x788, 142K)

thanks for the advice