College students

College students,

I haven’t been in school for a long time, I’m in my mid twenties and want to take an online class. What are the most important/fundamental courses that I could choose from? I have a variety of interests, but, in general, which are the best courses to start off with?

Also, does it matter which college I take an online class with or are all community colleges relatively the same?

Attached: 51A01096-25D2-4DE5-8CC7-79397E997206.jpg (245x206, 9K)

Community colleges are relatively the same. Are you just wanting to take once course? Why? Are you wanting a degree? If not I would go for trade school courses instead, and try to learn a skill. This includes things like coding, and some medical field things.

DEDLOKO AND DEDO JEDO

Attached: 250px-AstonishingTales25.jpg (250x372, 57K)

I want to start off with one online course to get my feet wet, then take a few classes on the community college campus, then do a full load of classes, and hopefully transfer to a legit college

Good plan, what field are you wanting to go into? Depending on what it is I may advise a different direction. I would suggest starting off with an easier class, that still counts toward a degree plan. Look up the plan on whatever college website you are wanting to go to. The thing is, it may be boring if you do something like Comp I or Comp II, and it may burn you out. It may be best to start with an elective that counts toward a degree, like a fun history course, or something in the arts.

How about psychology 101?

The courses do not matter. The only thing that matters is getting a degree in a STEM field.

Sure, is that your degree plan though? If it is know that it will require almost for certain up to the PhD level. That is not an easy task, I have a Bachelors in Biochemistry and am going back to grad school. It is incredibly arduous and requires a lot of time away from family and friends.
This is half right, know that many STEM fields are really saturated due to the push to STEM. Engineering is still incredibly viable, but the rest are risky.

If it is interesting to you take it though, more important that you like the class than anything else. I think Psych is more fun in person though, because of the professors being wild.

>This is half right, know that many STEM fields are really saturated due to the push to STEM. Engineering is still incredibly viable, but the rest are risky.
The "degree market" is saturated. After you get out into the real world and you're shopping for people on the far spectrum of the bell curve. Suddenly choices get pretty limited.
I do cisco networking for a large company and we can't even train certain people. They just don't "get it"

Yeah I agree, but nothing is safe at this point. We are heading toward a cliff it seems like. The reason probably an increasing population with a decreasing need for many jobs due to Tech industry AI. Hope I'm dead before it gets too bad.

OP you even here still? Cant ask for advice then leave bud.

It's really not that bad after you get out of your 20's. Working is hard, so hard a lot of people don't care about it. I ran a business before I went back to a STEM career. When I had my shop, I couldn't even find people to show up on time.
If you don't have the brain to get a stem degree, go become an apprentice for electrical or another skilled trade. Trades men make a good living because you actually have to show up, work and know what your doing.

I hope you're right on the out of the 20's thing. I'm only 22 and just got out, job market is pretty tough when you have little experience. I managed to get a pretty decent job at a pharmaceutical company, but it looks like you need a higher degree to move forward, so im going back.

Yes I’m here. I’m interested in architecture and computer science.

Both great choices tbqh, take that Psych course to start, it will be fun as long as you like it. If you don't like it try something diff, don't throw in the towel for a shitty course. Architecture requires a special degree if im not mistake, and CS is always a good field.

So after my psychology course, what kind of courses are most related to cs and architecture?

I'm in my 30's and it seems like the most comfy people put in the time and built a career or business. It can be broken down to these types.
1. No college. Tradies, you have to be an apprentice for few years and get certified/learn the craft. There is a reason fixing your air conditioning/car/electrical work is so expensive.
2. No college. Get certified, either Project management, inspections, commercial drivers licence, IT specialty. Pay varies wildly depending on certs and experience.
3. No college. Start a business. You've got to work your ass off. I owned one and put in 60 hours a week and it tanked. I went back to my career.
4. College & Career. Again STEM is the way to go.

I don't have a degree or certs and I make about $34/hr doing cisco networking. I worked for a company for 6 years and had a track record of learning and fixing issues. I'm getting the degree and certs now in order to have job security if I decide to move.

Know anybody, or perhaps yourself, that got CCNA certified? If so, how long and arduous was it?

>Be me college student
You'll be more invested and do better in regular courses, rather than online. Take some of the basic courses required for an associates degree (ie freshman comp, algebra, etc) and some courses that look interesting to you. Just make sure that whatever major you eventually choose has a good job market. My dumbass cousin chose engineering, and he's working the line for Star Tours at Disney World as a 28yo. Personally I'm interested in programming, and it seems to be an excellent job to get in this tough market
>Be me college freshman

I really think I should take an online course to make sure I can focus enough before I spend a bunch of money on a campus class.

I'm studying now. It's not too difficult for me because I'm currently in networking and have decided to pursue a career in it. Even if your in IT, networking is a lot of terminology and things that don't come up everyday. Also beware of "study" material that isn't on the test. I'd recommend "CBT Nuggets" and the boson simulator. You can also try to pick up a used CCNA book or get a pdf somewhere.

Another note is, don't rack up a bunch of student debt. It hurts later in life. I'm going to WGU and I should have my 4 year degree in networking for around 25k.

I'd suggest attending a full online school like WGU. They are very cheap and accredited. It's around 3-5k a semester.
After you get career experience. The degree is just an HR checkbox. They don't care what university issued it.

I thought it doesn’t matter which community college you go to?

Op here. Developmental psychology has a wait list at the community college I’m planning to attend