Overpopulation is a myth and anyone that keeps touting it as a problem is either just uninformed or they actively hate...

overpopulation is a myth and anyone that keeps touting it as a problem is either just uninformed or they actively hate poor people

Attached: IMG_20180217_010950.png (720x429, 461K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qld.gov.au/environment/land/management/soil/soil-health/fertility-decline
worldometers.info/world-population/
worldpopulationreview.com/countries/total-fertility-rate/
youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM
youtu.be/r_iNRGac_uM
youtu.be/_eEXM0raA5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you feed a large population without the space to grow food?

We grow more food with less land than ever before. It's called technology you Luddite

There is the space to grow food. It's just that less food is being grown.

qld.gov.au/environment/land/management/soil/soil-health/fertility-decline
Its called losing nutrients if you over use it.
Technology is unable to regenerate nutrients.

Not if it is overpopulation. Future, not right now.

Realistically as we're going we would have problems at about 12-15b people. If (we live in a) society can become a little more utilitarian we can make it over 30 billion.

It doesnt matter because humans naturally reproduce less as we develop. Every developed nation has decreased birth rates. Always without exception. As the rest of the world catches up we will hit a cap, not because of resources, but our natural choice to live more for ourselves since offspring is not a necessity nor affordable.

Overpopulation is a condition where the number of human population exceeds the carrying capacity of Earth. We obviously aren't there yet, and realistically will not be there for a long goddamn time, if ever.

>they actively hate poor people
You say this as if it is a bad thing.

Attached: 1387621772915.png (250x250, 17K)

pretty much

Attached: 70498447_2344747119174863_3794488930389196800_n.jpg (543x443, 19K)

sneed

Because global warming isn’t a thing and more people doesn’t means more carbon footprints right? Also deforestation for both food and housing aren’t a thing right?

What does this have to do with poor people? Unless you mean poor people are entitled to have large families and rich people aren’t?

Overpopulation isn't just an issue of resource allocation. The more people there are alive in the world, the less special and unique they are. We live in a time when the value of human life is very low because there are so many other people around to replace them

if the world is SOOOOOOOO populated, then why can't I get a boyfriend???

Trips of truth.
I personally think the world will kill us off first

>Because global warming isn’t a thing and more people doesn’t means more carbon footprints right?
Correct.

>Also deforestation for both food and housing aren’t a thing right?
(barely) Correlation, not causation.

trips of truth have spoken!

Attached: 2-hr-ago-anonymous-723912222-trips-leave-4chan-forever-reply-15353271.png (500x306, 29K)

>doesn't means

no no no, you idiots have it all wrong. We need to wage war with aliens and take the space oil

Watch the earth become fucked and we just become the imperium of man

Well on the bright side if I’m wrong, there’s nothing to worry about, if I’m right well global warming will flood about 4%ish of people and then the drought wars will happen in shit hole countries, so it’ll solve itself. And then the effects of storms will do another bit, unfortunate that won’t discriminate, but I can’t have everything I suppose

Grow up faggot, it’s 6 am on a Sunday I’m hungover on b, what incel cares about grammar on an anonymous message board.

Even IF overpopulation was an issue im sure the earth would fix it

It's all just logistics issues caused by subsidizing horribly inefficient practices and emphasizing class division. A single person fron the top 5% could even feed every person on the planet if they wanted to.

What does this mean? Like we’d hit a point where the environment will kill us off to balance equilibrium? Because that sounds much better than planning.

The earth created us, we are nature. Why do you think there are hurricanes and tornadoes and shit...... nature balances out its issues

you'st cna't spel, oppinoon disgarded. Gett a brin moran!!

check's of truth and honesty

Why don't use that technology of yours to educate yourself about the "food" you're talking about. You're probably gullible enough to believe your 1st world diet is good enough to keep you alive without complications, even if it did not consist of fast food you're fucked eating if you aren't educated enough on what you replicate your cells from

Attached: Snapchat-1425396109.jpg (599x595, 81K)

Humankind needs a reboot.
A plague/disaster/act of god which wipes out 60% of all people would be just the ticket.

Holy samefag. Checked though, fuckface.

would you like to admit you were wrong now, or later

Attached: wrong.png (541x231, 12K)

Only 60%? I was thinking more like 90%.

There is no overpopulation, we're overcrowded. Big difference.

95% of the worlds population lives on less than 10% of the land, there is no such thing as overpopulation (yet). It's just that people are too retarded to live anywhere else other than USA and first world countries (excluding India, where it's both a cultural and a classist issue to have multiple children)

fucking idiot

Attached: Annual-World-Population-since-10-thousand-BCE-for-OWID.png (2752x1714, 205K)

a gypsy is answering any questions here

Meh, we need about 40% survivors to sustain core technologies,

Go take a statistics 101 course, retard.

That doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t sustain the rising population, retard. All that graph shows is that the population is rising exponentially

Source? I feel like you just pulled this out of your ass...

>Go take a statistics 101 course, retard.

and what am I supposed to learn there exactly?

>That doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t sustain the rising population, retard. All that graph shows is that the population is rising exponentially

Oh okay then. I guess the earth is growing exponentially with the population too. So that's fine.

>It's just that people are too retarded to live anywhere else other than USA and first world countries

you move first to the Sahara, then we can talk

Whether you like it or not, everything will converge upon equilibrium as n->inf. Overpopulation (If it even is a problem; I’m not convinced) would invariably lead to famines, war, etc, which would drive the population down to a standard lvl.

>and what am I supposed to learn there exactly?
How to read that chart.

>would invariably lead to famines, war, etc
>would

implying that's not happening right now
all the syrians in germany came for sightseeing

not just 1 or 2 countries user, literally everywhere and everyone would be actively fighting for survival. Not moving because times are rough and muuh terrorism

so? how do I read that chart?
because I actually had quite a lot of statistics at univercity and I have no idea what you are talking about

>not just 1 or 2 countries user, literally everywhere and everyone would be actively fighting for survival.

give it a few more years

Money well spent.

Past growth is not indicative of future growth

Go back to /pol/, faggot. Immigration from a shithole to Germany has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

>what-if-ism
not an argument

>Money well spent.

I notice that you are still not answering the question

>Past growth is not indicative of future growth
the fuck does this have to do with statistics?
yeah, sure, you are right, it isn't

we could also nuke the planet back into stone age, but if nothing massive like that happens, the population will still grow for the foreseeable future

worldometers.info/world-population/

not a problem
everything is fine

Attached: facepalm_baby.jpg (275x243, 22K)

Okay so tell me how the world will be with 10 billion people. Mostly indians and blacks.

They will all want to live middleclass lives with all the ameneties that comes with that. Drive cars, take showers, eat meat, but producs.

How will this be done? Especially considering the fact that low caste indians and especially blacks bring barely anything to the table.

It is a death sentance for the world.

>Mostly indians and blacks.

indians are actually not that much of a problem as I was surprised to learn myself

birth rate of 2.33 in india

compare that to 7.2 in niger

worldpopulationreview.com/countries/total-fertility-rate/

>but if nothing massive like that happens, the population will still grow for the foreseeable future

see

>largest population in any country in the world

really?

So if the world population surpasses 10 billion and most of them are living in shitholes where you can't even grow crops decently. Don't you think some of them might get the idea to go to your safe space country?

then you have no idea why they're doing it now then, do you

theyre moving MAINLY because of terrorism and the fact that there are no jobs to be had or decent governments to be run (see point #1 about terrorism)

People seem to forget that "those people" (shitholes in sandniggertown) have survived there for thousands of years. The Islamic people, at one point, far had far surpassed the Christian and barbaric populations in technology, wealth and education

No, not at all. Even if the population surpassed 13b people it would not be an issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM

>every family on this planet could have a house and a yard and all live in texas

big oof if true

Probably with all the wasted food thrown out annually by supermarkets.

Why do you want more people, aren't there enough already?

What are you going to use all these people for? Soyland Green?

Huh I always thought overpopulation was actually real, never really did see it as more of a poor management issue

i never said we dont have enough people, i just said that overpopulation doesnt exist, we could have too many people, but that doesnt mean we're overpopulated

>i just said that overpopulation doesnt exist

it doesn't exist for me: I have money enough for food and shelter and fun even if most of the population is diseased and living in misery.

And how about leaving some room for other species to thrive?

>every family on this planet could have a house and a yard and all live in texas
>big oof if true

lol
and what will they eat? just the apples that are growing on the apple tree in the yard?

We already throw out/lose 1.3 billion tons of food a year. Proper management and better infrastructure would be needed, but there wouldn't be a food shortage at all.

would that even be humanly possible? Like would people be able to go outside or would the houses be 100 story apartments 5 feet away from each other

>would that even be humanly possible? Like would people be able to go outside or would the houses be 100 story apartments 5 feet away from each other

It's not a space issue.

Sure you could build a house for every family on earth in texas. Probably even a normal sized house (not appartment buildings).

But could you also supply them with water? Texas is not exactly water rich.

What about power? Waste disposal?

>Proper management and better infrastructure would be needed, but there wouldn't be a food shortage at all.

How would that proper management look like?
Food is generally perishable.

Sure first world countries destroy a lot of food. If you can find a instantaneous way to transport goods that costs nothing at all, you will solve this problem. Until then ... there always will be an imbalance.

agreed. That objective about putting everyone in texas has too many holes, it just probably would be logistically impossible. I mean Texas already has shitty infrastructure ect

Indian/Chinese fag detected. Nice bait.

Plenty of fish in the sea. However, you won't catch anything if your bait is shit.

nop im from colorado hehe

We'll be killed off long before we reach max capacity.

Tits or gtfo

You must be an American.

You probably shat out a dozen spawn and are trying to justify it in some weird way.

Y'know we cover like 10% of the land?
Worst case scenario we'd need a massive diet change at some point. Like no longer growing lettuce because it's not nutrient rich enough, turning to insect protein, which you may think is gross but that's purely cultural, and absolute worst, taking on more vegetarian based diets with beans and legumes and other protein vegetables.
And even that probably won't be a thing because bioengineered meat will soon be cheaper than real meat.

Not only that but the population growth is stagnating. Poverty is lifting globally and richer nations birth rates drop. We aren't projected to pass 10 billion.

I think most people that have a head knows this. Also, biggest issue is underpopulation

youtu.be/r_iNRGac_uM

youtu.be/_eEXM0raA5M

From reallifelore a channel I enjoy.
Link 1: what if the world lived in one city?
Link 2: one building?

Stay mad. Nature itself disagrees with you. You loose.

Fuck off moron, we're in a mass extinction caused by seven billion protein sacks sucking plastic dick. You're a fucking idiot, and why I moved from the left to the right. At least the right will get people killed.

#1 wat do you mean, be specific and provide details
#2 prove it, see #1

>Doubling of a billion

Then why are they living right next to me in middle America?

It's actually a small handful of businesses and people, dude..
You know those shipping transports that move sea cans across the ocean? 10,000 gallons of diesel an hour they burn or something crazy.
15 of them make more emissions than all the cars in the world. There are 2000 in circulation.
Learned that reading about why we aren't making transport vehicles nuclear. Apparently things like those, for example, could very feasibly be nuclear powered and they'd be able to run the ships entire lifetime without refuel, plus no emissions.

It isn't plastic. Those are just Facebook causes to make people feel special.

enjoy your paper straws shill kek

yea food isn't the problem vs the world's population numbers, finding enough fresh drinking water for everybody every day is.

Drinking water isn't really a problem, its that most of the world doesn't know you don't shit where you drink, and infrastructure investments provide long term benefits. Farm yields for arid areas India improved when farm ponds were built. Something as basic as giving up 10 percent of your land so you have water year round was beyond people who have been farming the same land for 5000 years.

Yeah, it's not the people that buy the plastic, it's eight corporations. You're all fucking idiots.

The same enviromentalists who crusade against plastic straws and carbon fuels also killed the civilian nuclear industry.

mmmmmm, salt water.

Attached: 666-6.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

There is adequate freshwater, the delivery and purification of it is the problem, as is the waste of it through crappy infrastructure.

You are correct. It's not people that buy the plastic. Not by a sliver of a margin. And if you disagree then you're wrong, but stay mad leftie love ya tho

Exactly, it's terrible, but overpopulation still exists because humans are trash.

wrong, overpopulation does not exist

see

How do people become billionaires? Oh yeah, billions of poor people exist and buy their shit.

I hear humans behave in an ideal fashion...You're an idiot.

You are a fucking retard. What does that prove other than the population has boomed in recent centuries?

>it is the billionaire fault
i know that, that's what i said

nice factual rebuttal there kid

>over population
>drinkable water limited

kek, bear grylls was ahead of the game all along.

Attached: 666-6.jpg (468x520, 61K)

Overpopulation isn't the main problem, it's population density.
Some places are crowded.

one could argue that the population all began to increase with the advent of the engine and refined petroleum, which, along with coal, will all be gone in a couple hundred years. with no fuel and no coal, the world will go dark and won't be able to farm. venezuela has 25 cent per gallon gasoline and they're latins, so we know they're born to work on the farm but they're eating out of garbage cans.

They sure did. Same article I was reading. A single nuclear fuel rod would power a car for 300,000 km.
I'm not sure where they're at for technology to protect the driver from irradiation. I think it goes that current measures are too heavy and expensive for the car to be viable, but man, we could probably have been there by now.

Or one could argue it was a historical event known as the "baby boom" following the second world war..

Fine, I hate the poor.

Telling other people what they can and cant eat through authoritarian means and giving up rights and freedoms in the process so that we can sustain the every expanding population is the fucking definition of overpopulation. Fuck off, were full, should be the new sign on the statue of liberty.

Attached: 1566721520497.jpg (458x550, 74K)

We're*

Whites birthrate is below replacement rate we are fast going extinct. This is a far more important issue.

>implying overpopulation only applies to america and not all the world

typical right wing lunatic

Attached: 1567418677904.jpg (580x282, 66K)

and yet here you are, a virgin who's never even seen a naked girl that wasn't your mom

what are YOU doing to fix that crisis?

Attached: EBIMymSW4AAx4X9.jpg (810x810, 94K)

Sooner or later they would need to put laws on how much land you could own as well. Or if your house is too big for 1 person they would force you to house people who may not have a house. Fuck all that shit. The population of any given country should have a max limit set based on total livable space available set for max comfortable distances and should be somewhat flexible based on multiple environmental factors etc.

Bruv. How you twisted that into authoritarianism is fucking amazing.
If the population is too large, things become unsustainable, supply and demand goes wonk ass, and availability changes.
Did you scream authoritarianism when Burger King couldn't serve tomato's because of massive crop failures in their supply countries?
I'm talking worst case scenario, which I said twice in that post, and I'm talking what will and won't be around.
Beef was 1.99/lb where I live 4 years ago. It's 4.99/lb now because an economic plight hit our beef ranchers and half went out of business. Demand remained the same, supply dropped severely. I do live in a first world country.
I rarely eat beef now. Not because I don't like it, not because I'm a hippy, not because my government is a dictatorship, but because I save a lot by eating legumes.
I'll have a steak every month, sure. But this is what I mean.
You have got to be a fucking idiot to take the reality of just how this shits probably going to go down and be like "hurr freedom authoritarian".
Eat all the meat you like in 20 years. No one will stop you. It's going to be fucking expensive though. And yeah, I'd we have a population crisis, say bye to things like lettuce.

>Caring about the rest of the world
Typical faggot.

that's what happened in china when all the girls were killed

lel

ah yes, the "no u" rebuttal

Overpopulation leads towards becoming a 3rd world where I cant eat cheap steaks everyday.

What kind of faggot world do you want to live in? I'm going for max comfort and availability of goods. I dont give a fuck about growing the world's population for the sake of having a high score. Keep that shit limited let me live on 30 acres with a 2000sq foot house all alone eating cheap beef all day in my ac with my gasoline powered everything. Why in fucks name do people want so many people? Less people means more space for the rest of us. Easy math.

Attached: 1490267222762.jpg (1024x768, 191K)

The baby boom did nothing to offset the tens of millions dead. Each of those dead would have had their own children in excess of the slightly increased birth rate.

In the same world as musies and tin foil hat wearing people turning fertilizer and petrol into block busting bombs? Nah, nuclear needs to be tightly controlled to the point that cars and trains aren't powered by them. Nuclear freighters on the other hand are much more controllable.

It's not about the world I want to live in, it's the world we will live in. Also:
>Why do people want more people
No one said that. People fuck though. You can't wish the population down. The world's going to do what it's going to do. You will be affected.
Your arguments make me feel like you were one of those cletuses who started shooting at the hurricane to make it go away, because that's what you're doing right now.
You're arguing based on what you want, and you somehow feel that makes you right..

>The baby boom did nothing
Wow.. look at that uptick around 1950..

Attached: World_population_v3.svg.png (1200x1340, 111K)

Not sure if youve heard about this but we had the technology to choose either uranium nuclear power or thorium nuclear power at the dawn of the atomic age.
We chose uranium because it had a bi product that could be weaponized. Thorium didn't. There are other options.
Unfortunately our infrastructure and technology all advanced along the uranium tree so now it's harder :/

At this stage what I am doing is raising awareness and making it a topic of conversation. Can't fix a problem you don't know exists.

If you're implying I could fix the problem by having lots of kids myself you can fuck off. There are currently too many incentives against whites having kids for one person to make up for.

The welfare state in particular is anti-natal. Paying into pensions makes it harder to afford to raise kids while you're young and also removes an incentive to have kids to look after you in old age.

The lower birth rate in western countries should mean more space and cheaper land and houses. This is not the case because the population is growing faster than ever due to high immigration. No one wants this immigration except for governments that need more people to prop up their pension ponzis.

Also having a higher percentage if non whites in your society while running a welfare system squeezes the life out of whites since they are the most productive members of society. The big problem here is that whites are unique in that they generally put off having kids until they are financially stable. Look up 'the hajnal line' for note on that.

Attached: 1523133625485.png (1026x768, 438K)

The main boom wasn't an increase in babies being born in WW2 participating countries you mongoloid. It was the lower infant mortality in the developing world and the Green Revolution ending starvation for Latin America and Asia.

Lol you drank the kool aid.

>I think it was because of cars
No it's because of the baby boom, half a century after cars.

>No! The baby boom did nothing
Here's a chart. It didn't do nothing. It was a clear massive acceleration of growth

>It wasn't because of world war II, it was because of lower infant mortality rate!

Didn't say it was because if world war II, however, it was a global phenomenon with multiple variables. The US baby boom however is clearly attributed to veterans returning from Europe and going fuck wild, and the better economic conditions in the US.

Your position keeps changing. Your most recent is most accurate. But you started by saying it was cars. You continued by saying the baby boom did nothing (it did). And now you're saying it was the baby boom but acting like you know better than me why it happened.

I dated a girl for 6 years who had to be right and just fucking changed her position every time she said something dumb. It was a nightmare. She's garbage. Don't be her.

The population will never exceed 11 billion.
There is nothing to fear.

tl;dr

I could be that there not the same person you retard.

youre an idiot op, but thats old news

What kool aid?

So you're telling me overpopulation exists and is an issue?

Can you prove it with facts and logic?

stop feeding 80% of the food we grow to animals just so we can consume the nutrients in the form of flesh. Animals are the unnecessary middle-men between us and great health. Cut out the middle-man!

and what are you going to do when you can no longer grow spinach and lettuce because they're a fucking useless nutrient? Checkmate, vegans

what do you mean they're useless nutrients? Explain yourself.

No more welfare and no more immigrants = better incentives for white babies.

>with facts and logic?

Things idiots say to appear educated.

Look at all the graphs and links people posted above.

Shit bait right there.