I have autism...

i have autism. is it better to accept your self but have most people reject you or reject your self but have most people accept you?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

depends on what you want
do you give a shit about people
or do you want to be yourself

Depends do you want real people or fake people?

Autistic here too. Last few years have been pure pain and loneliness. Birthday is coming up in November planning to off myself then

Hivemind?

>reject your self but have most people accept you
Having basic social skills and considering what other people think is not rejecting yourself user. From a fellow sperg: I fell into that trap when I was younger, the “I’m fine just the way I am, it’s other people’s problem they can’t accept me, I’m just going to continue being awkwardly honest and socially inept.” Accept that you have a disability, and it’s going to take some work to overcome that disability. As much as we’d all like to stick our fingers in our ears and pretend they don’t, appearance and manners matter.
On the other hand, don’t go too far the other way and become a doormat for people. Be yourself, stick up for yourself, do the things you’re interested in.
Most young people, especially autistic people, have phases where they go too much in either direction. You have to find the right balance.

i feel like i have to fit in. i tried to be my authentic self one time at uni but people thought i was weird so i never did it again. i can fit in but i feels wrong doing it. like people only accept me for a fake version of my self.

>it’s other people’s problem they can’t accept me
I'm in this hole atm and kind of fully believe it right now. I can pass as neurotypical for a time due to having learned social skills and body language from books and therapists basically. Doesn't take long for others to notice there's something off about me tho. And there is nothing more that can be done, therapy can only take you that far. No making new friends (new town) and no sex for half a decade. And it is not getting better. Lost pretty much all will to live, prolly won't make it to christmas this year. Also samefagging as

Diagnosed by a doctor? It's better to let people know that you have it than them thinking you're weird

that's good advice, user. i'll try to strike more of a balance next time.

>It's better to let people know that you have it
Are you joking? There is no place in this world where autists are accepted. You're fucked either way.

Accept yourself man.

If you go on living your social life rejecting who you really hard, trying your hardest to fit into a box you're going to go insane.

It will probably suck for a while. Especially if your current friend group doesn't accept the things you're into or doesn't understand the ways you handle social interactions.

But you're on the internet. There's countless people out there that will understand what you're going through. Just keep yourself open. You'll find a community user.

Also remember that the people in your life don't necessarily have to like all the things that you like for you to be true to yourself in your relationship/friendship. If, for example, you're a regular Yea Forums user, a pc gamer, general internet/videogame enthusiast, you can still have healthy friendships with normies, chad jocks, or dip-chewing rednecks as long as you're not dishonestly forcing yourself into those roles.

Autistic people have probably existed for as long as humans have lived in social groups. This point in time is the absolute best point in history for an autistic person to exist in the world and actualize themselves.

telling people i have autism makes me feel a little uncomfortable. i feel like people treat me differently once they know i'm autistic.

Dude. Autists are regularly accepted in countless communities. Fucking countless places on the internet. Just go to your nearest public library, game shop, or comic book store. Look at the bulletin boards at any one of those places and you will see COUNTLESS niche events and get-togethers advertised, all of them completely full autists. Autists that were brave enough to get off their asses and seek out their interests.

The problem is that 90% of the socially unaware things autistic people say and do are just harmlessly weird and you need to find chill people who accept them, but the other 10% of the time you accidentally do something mean and hurt someone’s feelings, and those kind of moments stick with people for a long time. Empathy in real time is the key. I can usually figure out how someone was feeling and how I should have reacted after the fact when I have time to think about it, but by that point the damage is done. I’m trying to condition myself to just never ever say negative things in public, because I’m bad at judging how they’ll pan out.

I’m not going to weigh in on you killing yourself. Some autistic people do manage to find love and acceptance. Some don’t. I’ve seen too many of both to judge. You know your life and whether it’s realistic to turn it around or not.

>There is no place in this world where autists are accepted

Friends, family, co-workers, etc

>i feel like people treat me differently once they know i'm autistic.

Ohhh they do

full *of* autists.
(like me)

thanks, man.

There’s a difference between “hey I have aUTisM I’m a special snowflake accept me and ignore my antisocial behavior and lack of empathy” and “Hey, just so you know in advance, I’m autistic and I’m sometimes not great at reading people’s body language and tone of voice. If I say something that seems like a totally inappropriate reaction, can you let me know and clarify what you meant?”

>COUNTLESS niche events
And by this you mean? I'm not into anime or most weeb shit in general. Cosplay and tabletop are interesting but small town and stuff like that does not happen here.

Small towns just suck for anyone who’s not a normie in general. If you can, move to a bigger city. I realize this requires money, but do it if you can afford it.

>friends
All far away due to having to move towns because college
>family
My relationship with my family is amicable but distant at best
>co-workers
You kidding right? I do not even talk to my coursemates after all these years and you think i can make friends with coworkers lol
That only works with very few people usually those who have experience with autism, like a relative has it or something. The stigma of autism is still strong, especially where I'm from and it rarely makes things smoother being upfront about it.

Mine has a population of 80k which is actually quite big considering i'm from the middle of buttfuck nowhere in general. If I wanted a western town with at least half a million people I,d need to move countries. Other thing is don't think i'd survive in anything larger than my current residence. Crowds on the level of new york rush hour would drive me nuts.

If youre on Yea Forums, you reject yourself and rehect others

Stop having autism

Do it, I hope I off myself soon too

No one will ever be able to satisfy you. You will always require more, more, more.
Accept your self

based, but fuck you

>co-workers
>You kidding right? I do not even talk to my coursemates after all these years and you think i can make friends with coworkers lol

If your manager knows, he'll tell them and for them to act accordingly, it'll help if anything

80k is fucking small, try moving to a city with at least 2 mil population

Don't try to act "normal". Be a complete retard 100% of the time. Do not think about it or care what people think, everyone is gonna judge u anyways.

I'd rather keep it to myself that I have autism unless absolutely necessary to divulge in which case I let my psychiatrist do the talking as she can probably explain it better.
My whole country has less than 2 million people lol. I would not survive in a metropolis, 100k or so people is kind of my limit when it comes to how big crowds and traffic I can tolerate

How old are you?
Are you a virgin?

>My whole country has less than 2 million people lol. I would not survive in a metropolis, 100k or so people is kind of my limit when it comes to how big crowds and traffic I can tolerate

If you're socially incompetent, being loss in millions of people I'd better than being in a small town where everyone knows everyone

this