Who else hates hearing the sound of their own voice?

Who else hates hearing the sound of their own voice?

Attached: tenor (2)-min.gif (352x192, 1.07M)

checked.

probably almost everyone

A lot of ppl tell me I have a beautiful voice, but I hate it and I feel like ppl say that because I'm ugly lol.

when your voice is recorded the mic only picks up the soundwaves leaving your mouth
when you talk your ears hear the soundwaves leaving your mouth plus the soundwaves bouncing around in your sinuses
when you hear a recording of your voice it sounds different and bad because you do not hear the soundwaves that bounce around your sinuses only the soundwaves leaving your mouth

It’s everyone because all of our voices sound deeper and more important to ourselves, but hearing it played back destroys that illusion

Reporting in

Yep, Me too

its not an illusion
the sound coming out of your mouth is like an unplugged electric guitar string being plucked
the sound of you talking reverberating through your sinuses is like the sound of an acoustic guitar string being plucked
the acoustic guitar will always sound more full than an unplugged electric because the acoustic guitar body allows the soundwaves to bounce around a lot

erm..... doe that mean i have shit voice or nah

Attached: Missile.png (192x192, 8K)

Most people seem to think that everybody else's voice sounds normal when it's reproduced via a reasonable quality audio recording and reproduction system;

..... apart (of course) from their own recorded voice, which they invariably believe to sound unnatural.

this is because we primarily hear our own voices via vibrations in the jaw bone and other cranial structures, rather than a direct link via compression & rarefaction of the air molecules between the sound source and our own tympanic membranes.

Having said that, I think recordings of my own voice are worthy of being heard amongst those of the greatest Shakespearean actors to have graced the world's best stages.

it means you hear your voice differently than other people hear your voice it has nothing to do with how good your voice actually is

to most closely answer your question though when you talk and hear yourself that is sinus reverb + sound coming from your mouth which is more "full" than just sound coming from your mouth which is what recording equipment/other peoples ears pick up so of course your recorded voice will sound bad to you because it isnt as "full"

if you are worried about having a bad voice to others you can always practice

shut up faggot

wow Yea Forums sure has changed

i remember when that would be frist reply

shut up faggot

Attached: 1568408478294.jpg (656x666, 54K)

We hate recordings of our voice because it isn't the voice we are used to hearing.

I know it's my voice, but something seems off, Something is wrong.

Something is missing. My voice is a cube, and this recording is a box made from the cube. It looks the same on the outside, but it's hollow.

Well I hate the sound of my voice both when I'm recorded and when I'm hearing myself speak as I'm speaking.

Does anyone else experience that?