My boss only gave me 9 hours for the whole week because I wouldn't cover for the guy he forced to quit on his first day...

My boss only gave me 9 hours for the whole week because I wouldn't cover for the guy he forced to quit on his first day. It was my day off and I am not an "on call" employee. I make minimum wage. Is it even worth my time to go back to this place or should I just quit...

Attached: 1567834489154.jpg (720x467, 69K)

Find a new job.

>minimum wage
Why show up at all

I'm currently looking for something else but idk if I should quit before I have something else lined up. I liked this job before the previous manager left but the new guy is a nightmare. He sexually harasses all the underage dudes, hired his deadbeat son who never does anything and gave him more hours than everyone else, he pulled everyone aside the other day to tell us we had to choose loyalty to him or the assistant manager. The only ones left from the previous manager's staff are me and the assistant manager and he frequently refers to us as "the leftovers".

That's what everything pays here. Unless you want to work yourself into an early grave at a factory 60+ hours a week for less than $10 an hour.

>constructive dismissal
This is actually illegal. What he is doing is making you want to quit and that’s exactly what he wanted.

Prove it

Yeah I’d get the fuck out. Line up another job first, though

He doesn't like that I miss work for health reasons but he can't legally fire me for it since they're the ones who made me sign disability paperwork. We've gone through at least 3 crews worth of employees since he's started. The newest guy quit the same day he started because he was only given 5 hours for the week.

The manager publicly abuses his son in front of everyone and it's making pretty much everybody uncomfortable.

What do you do?

id get a new to job and then show up to that shift to tell them you’re not working it. Rub the salt in. Make sure the manager knows you’re not busy, but fuck him.

Pizza Hut cook. Unfortunately it was the only thing hiring at the time. I quit my job last year due to health concerns and the employment market basically evaporated. Didn't have a job for almost a year so I took the first thing that came along. That's about the only kind of work there is here other than factory labor.

Nigga even fuckin Walmart pays 11 starting off

Shit when I was working there in grad school I was making 15 an hour in less than a year just doing frozen food, AND had benefits, AND had a 401K.

>he doesn’t understand minimum wage
OP is clearly in some shitty state that doesn’t have it’s own minimum wage so he probably makes 7.25.

You basically have two options. 1. Get hr involved and ask for a location transfer. 2. Quit, it’s not going to get better. In fact he is going to drive all the good staff out. Then it will be up to the few that stay to deal with him and the crap left over. There is truth to people not quoting jobs they quite managers.

try joining the army

go back and leave in the middle of a day after he said something stupid again. Say out loud "why would I stay here with this faggot?" and just leave. Make sure to clock out.

That'd be an extra low blow since he is in fact a faggot

I'm not allowed in the army for a number of reasons.

Get another job first. Poverty sucks.
Then leave. If they treat you like this now they will continue to.

I'm the only employee still making $7.25. I've been promised a raise for the last 7 months as a way of keeping me from leaving.