Untitled

Attached: ClQWXh-UgAAsTjV.jpg (943x1200, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/8fwdo8/why_do_grown_adults_buy_and_collect_funko_pop/
youtube.com/watch?v=kBqwtHnc9ho
nap.edu/read/9719/chapter/8#159
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>WHY YES I BLANKPOST HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Attached: 1564923850036.png (594x698, 46K)

Honestly it is a nice break to talk about shit that isn’t important.

>frak

Attached: frank-miller-wonder-woman.jpg (620x876, 111K)

>escapism via juvenile consumerism is good
yes be a passive good goy

Why are you here

>WHY I ARE SO INTO POP-CULTURE FANDOM
If he'd left out the parentheses the grammar would have been fine.

>pop culture exists in a vacuum

Attached: 1542770985945.jpg (728x902, 96K)

to see you

He escapes via intelligent deep adult consumerism bro, it's totally different.

No wonder people develop weird, cult-like obsessions with terrible shit like modern Star Wars and Doctor Who, the alternative is being forced to face reality.

I face reality with my dick out mate.

why are you

Why don't they get into something like anime then? Star Wars isn't escapism. It's corporate leftist political bullshit.

Ironic cuckposting is not much better, fuckboi

I have a question, do people really just identify as being into pop culture?
Not even a specific fandom just "pop culture" in general?

Yes

This. But to make your entire personality revolve around pop culture? Now that's just sad, famalamadingdong.

Nothing wrong going into fiction to hide out from reality, but that doesn't mean you should obsess over media intended for four year olds.

>Snoopie
Literally for young kids
>Invader zim
Probably for five year olds
>Joker
For six year olds

Maybe um read Tolstoy, flip through a Corto Maltese, watch a Terry Gilliam... Anything your age basically.

>modern Star Wars
Nah, you’re a manchild too for liking it before Disney

lol when Adorno said that the culture industry pacifies the population by turning them into docile consumers who live in fantasy worlds separate from any sort of real world struggle, people basically called him a conspiracy theorist

Absolutely

Not specifically, no. But if you enjoy various series I guess it's just easier to say you're a fan of pop culture than to say "I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Batman, James Bond..." and so on.

What happend to them, do they have some sort of disability?

Because marketing and previous popularity perpetuate it. Nobody's going to want to talk about the latest Mary Sue isekai weebfest at the water cooler, but a lot of people feel culturally mandated to watch Star Wars.

uhmmm but steven universe deals with morals and ethics too, even better than tolstoi?

True, but also people whose entire lives and personalities revolve around politics or their gender or their sexualityare just as sad. Like, get a fucking hobby. Go bowling or something.

This tbqhwyfam. Good games tho

>oh that's totally me!
Btw my tattoo was chosen by my wife's son.

Attached: soywars as a tattoo.jpg (3024x4032, 965K)

that adorno guy never met voldemort i mean trump

Do Japanese people even do that? Assuming they have time for a water break in their 15 hour workday

Adorno was kind of a elitist cunt, though. Don't get me wrong, the guy had every right to be angry about the state of the world, he was a literal refugee from Nazi Germany (Though, again, the fact that he could easily flee to America and immediately get a job teaching at a prestigouus university is a privilege many other jewish Germans didn't have) but he's also exemplary for what are still some very negative tendencies of the left. Like introducing the idea that the real revolutionary vanguard isn't the working class but prissy bourgeois academics like himself.

Attached: 1556473756163.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

20.000 of the same cheap plastic doll

What do people see in these bobblehead things.

>the real revolutionary vanguard isn't the working class but prissy bourgeois academics like himself
Well, (((he)))s right you know. You ever spent time around those subversive fucks?

Only 750, 20,000 is the dollar amount. I can't think of a bigger waste of money.

Their own lack of a soul

Attached: theywon.jpg (2448x3264, 757K)

jesus

>Like introducing the idea that the real revolutionary vanguard isn't the working class but prissy bourgeois academics like himself.
He's right. Look at the world you're living in right now, nigger.

>DISCORD!
what's his problem with discord? seems pretty transphobic tbph

I really hope that she's cheating on him

My god I thought that was on someones ass cheek, and they had a really fucked up body.

>Moving right along!
>Starscream made cookies.

It should probably be "How about that Trump, huh? Waka waka!" and "Starscream's preferred pronouns are xis and xer."

Honestly I support that because fuck letting some dummy waste money on shitty bobbleheads.

it's funny because this guy is having sex and you're not

What the fuck is the appeal of Funko pops? My stalker sent me one once and I just don't get why the hell people like them

>look at all this future landfill because it's completely worthless crap they made thousands of copies of, thus making none of this rare and collectible

Attached: funko couple.png (780x439, 616K)

Attached: patheticfunkopopcollector.png (796x406, 51K)

Except modern politics is escapism. People have shitty lives where they work shitty jobs (or have no jobs) so they try to feel important by fighting DRUMPF or the SJWs or whatever, when all that energy should really go to fixing their personal issues.

this "man" is so insanely unattractive in his mannerisms, it's like he's an anesthetized 12 year old with severe autism needing mommy to wipe his ass. people like this strike me having never really thought or felt much of anything at all. it's so deeply repulsive.

Sounds like something an idiot who exists just to be marketed at would do.

lol why do u act like having sex is a big accomplishment, its like middle school
we all have sex, yes even here

To make you seethe.

good friends

>overplucked eyebrows
>gummy smile
>hairlet
>goatee
hmm

Post the original, fag.

Attached: 1564338291837.png (1609x615, 814K)

you're not fooling anyone
have sex

these people are scary

so they just don't think, they simply have impulses they follow. it doesn't occur to them to think about their life until an outside person tells them to. npc meme is real

>Ironic soiposting? Not really my thing.

Attached: gchd.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

So.. like being a manchild?

Why are funkopops even a thing?

>google my own post
>reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/8fwdo8/why_do_grown_adults_buy_and_collect_funko_pop/
>literally WOW STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FOR USING THEIR DISPOSABLE INCOME THE WAY THEY WANT TO YOU SHITLORD

for leftists yes. righties are too busy being plumbers or some shit

>n-no y-y-you dont have sex you lieeee!
relax dont h8 just dil8

>lumping Joker together with fucking Steven Universe

Attached: BD541C8B-3D3B-495D-9265-260B6CDFF37F.jpg (501x500, 65K)

kek

>Starscream made cookies
Does that mean he's slowly starving himself to death? Based soi is euthanizing himself.

>literally WOW STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FOR USING THEIR DISPOSABLE INCOME THE WAY THEY WANT TO YOU SHITLORD

>what? he votedfor a republican omg racist fuck #cancelled

Fuck off spic tripfag nigger

>npc meme is real
Of course. Why do you think it was so swiftly banned from nearly every website? It struck a chord.

Think of them like religious or cultural iconography. The actual build quality of the thing isn't what matters. What matters is that your shitty American flag t-shirt makes you feel like you're a part of something.

Lemme guess, you think your're a big boy because you like the Joker?

All these childhood characters yet, who the fuck is that nigger? It looks like some Steven Universe or some shit.

In light of that, even if one doesn't care about a particular insecurity/weakness or doesn't even believe that it's real/valid: hardcore leftists are terrified that they're not unique at all, that they're carbon copies of one another, that their behavior can be distilled down to a few scripts and that deep down they're not thinking before acting, they're just drones.

Gnostics have always known it was a thing. They're called Hylics, aka Somatics.

Attached: TOPGOY.png (857x830, 957K)

To make you sneed

My parents collect this shit. They have built shelves for them.

This is an actual threat to the global environment

>OMG GLOBAL WARMING THE OCEANS OMG WE HAVE TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
>*buys several tons of plastic garbage*
>OMG GIVE YOUR TAXES TO CHINA AND INDIA YOU FUCKING NAZI YOU BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING RIGHT

Oh God, the eyes! LOOK AT IT'S HORRIBLE EYES!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: intnernal screaming.jpg (319x481, 39K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: intnernal screaming1.jpg (319x481, 36K)

SEEK THE GRAIL

Attached: oswald-spengler-466080.jpg (640x884, 141K)

Okay, now this is epic.

same lol.

Based and spenglerpilled

Attached: 1527331983448.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

righties are too busy popping opiates all day to be "plumbers or some shit"

??????

>Formerly Chuck's
What does that mean?

How can someone understand that they're obsession with fiction is a means of escapism and avoiding confronting reality, but not understand the major problem with doing so?

>REEE CORPORATE "LEFTIST" POLITICSL BULLSHIT IN MUH SPACE FANTASY AHHH
First off, you don't even honestly know what "leftist" even means. You are obsessed
>inb4 fifty posts for the next 5 hours explaining how it's all Jewish propaganda to get you to fuck blacks

i'm not even going to put effort into replying to this
just know this is cope of the highest degree

>muh manchild argument
You faggots say the same three things over and over. Star Wars was meant to cater to both kids and adults when George made the original trilogy. Why is no fun ever allowed?

No i am a joker because I am a big boy

what do you guys think of this foot?

Attached: f.jpg (598x598, 392K)

its escapist enough for the average normies sensibilities

It was a store called "Chuck's" before

Fuck off namefag

I dunno, because fun distracts you from a horrible / a better possible life? What kind of question is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=kBqwtHnc9ho
>We are racing towards the abyss, but we don't see it because on tv you don't see the abyss. You see a cooking show.

and its a bad thing? do you really think these people should have a say in what happens in the real world?

Lol every end of the political spectrum is obsessed with identity politics you dumb Reddit "conservative". Even right-wingers. Who by the way, are the least employed people in the US ..

>first off, you don't even honestly know what "leftist" even means. You are obsessed

Attached: 1557137088972.jpg (577x608, 55K)

That's not an argument. You /pol/niggers think anyone left of Hitler is some sort of extreme communist. You don't even use the word liberal correctly

>Who by the way, are the least employed people in the US ..
source?

Leftism is all that stands in opposition to traditionalism.

>That's not an argument. You /pol/niggers think anyone left of Hitler is some sort of extreme communist. You don't even use the word liberal correctly

Attached: 1556239176521.jpg (900x1200, 279K)

Unironically yeah. I wish I had someone to tell me to stop my shitty habits.

Hitler was basically a leftist too.

Triggered that you basically share the same opinions as any big jewish hollywood studios?

Of all working aged groups, millennials are the largest in the workforce. The workforce is not dominated by Midwest or typical blue collar jobs, especially with automation shutting down factories. Do the math, friend.

>You /pol/niggers
uhmmm racist much?

Except he wasnt, Dinesh.

WHEN I KILLED YOUR, MY EYES LOOKED JUST LIKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

source?

>Seething liberal

They aren't and I don't spend my time obsessing about Jews like you do.

>That's not an argument. You /pol/niggers think anyone left of Hitler is some sort of extreme communist. You don't even use the word liberal correctly

Attached: 5qyt11.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

Traditionalism is a meme. Are you Amish?

>not staunchly monarchist or religious
People of the pre-modern world would have thought he was a hippy.

Imagine being such a child that rather than confronting problems and putting in an effort to solve them or improve the situation, you run towards childish "pop culture" fandoms. That is an attitude best suited for women, not men.

You're the one complaining though?

Adorno and the Frankfurt School were against the notion of “revolutionary vanguard” developed by the bolsheviks. Marcuse was very adamant in this point in his “One Dimensional Man” were he advocated for a form of individualism.

wow this guy really hates discord trannies

Why don't you go fucking look it up? The whole "conservatives are more employed" meme just straight up ignores how the largest welfare states are Red.
>inb4 this is the black man's fault
Blacks are minority populations in those welfare states, with poor whites sucking up the majority of the find and most jobs not even in Red states to begin with.

That’s what those faggots turned it into. It used to be a place of acceptance. Where you could communicate with people like you stress free. A community of the like minded.

I don’t know who’s idea it was, but corporations coopted it, and filled it with the human equivalent of that Steve Buscemi meme.

To suffer?

>source?

Man, people who take Estrogen like its literal fucking candy blow my mind. It is a fat producing, anger inducing, absolute mindfuck of a hormone. It's like all these people forgot hormones in excess of either category fucking suck. This is the female version of roiding and Testosterone dumping.

You sound boring. You can have fun and still better yourself, user.

very fuzzy

>Pshh I can't even

I wish.

Has this faggot never heard of punctuations?

The majority of black people in the US live in Southern states. In many of those places they're not a small minority

It's about a hundred times harder. Why do you think poor people like entertainment so much?
And why do you think people who have their life together or are getting it back together abstain from shit like the internet and tv?

In a phrase you are probably familiar with; I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

you say that like Jabba wasn't Jabba before he shaved his neckbeard and chugged estrogen

>people who have their lives together, don't have fun
Do you honestly believe this?

Toxoplasmosissy

Actually think of people you know who have their life "together" and think of how many of them are completely focused on their career / love life or watching movies.

Pop Culture fandom used to be an escape, until liberal turds decided to make it all about their politics as well.
Like they decided in 2016 that the problem was they hadn't pushed their propaganda ENOUGH.

No one has their life together. Unless they're some billionaires with no worry of tomorrow.

Whites still hold majorities in those Red states, user...and are largely the most prominent demographic that accept welfare along with poor black communities. I'm not sure why a /pol/nigger would want to ignore this, it plays perfectly into your victim narrative that the job market is somewhat against blue collar work, because in effect it is. Not for any nefarious reason. Just because the money is elsewhere. It's why Forbes kept warning people about Trump's retarded "bring coal back" pipedreams.

GameStop here in Germany are now buying back Funko pops, provided they come in their original, unopened packaging, at 4€ a pop (no pun intended). 6€ if it's one of those gigantic Funkos.

No shit nobody's life is PERFECT. But a lot of people have their lives in sort. The fact that you believe nobody does is more telling of you than me.

you spent like 20mins bitching when you could just provide a source lol you dont have one

>white people do the majority of something in a majority white country
Yes...

You must not have many friends. One friend makes 60k a year, and we love to get together and play Mario Cart and do movie marathons. Another is a literal nuclear engineer for the government, and we do the same. You must be extremely boring if you think people just stop having interests in hobbies.

>this means it's okay that they are sucking up welfare the most

This is a useless conversation. The point is that black people are much more likely to be on welfare per capita, which no reasonable person disputes. The question is why that is, and your answer to that question is predicated on whether you're politically left or right

and leftists supports illegal aliens and sanctuary cities lol bunch of cucks

Why have you never bothered to Google search things you pretend to believe? No user, all the Alex Jones memes about right-wingers being genius paragons of industry are correct!

partaking in entertainment /=/ escapism

I came here from /int/ to remind you all that wh*Tes are the cancer behind this and KARA BOGA is the answer

Attached: image.jpg (563x949, 70K)

There is an objective and non political answer as to why minorities are on welfare, but you won't like it.

And you're missing the point, the number of whites on welfare is still fucking staggering if you take per capita into account. Which looks pathetic in majority white Red states.

They should be. They're the majority.

>it looks good that a majority population is this dependent on government welfare

Liberal whites are the problem, the west coast must be destroyed before it spreads further.

Give them their jobs back then.

>13
>50

They are pretty much the same thing, brainlet. There is nothing wrong with either. You sound so very dull..

>ask for source
>WhAt? No iM NOt giving you Any SoUrce look4 Urself idk bla bla bla alex jones

>real revolutionary vanguard isn't the working class
that is correct though
those faggots won't do shit

>muh 13 percent...
We aren't talking about blacks though? The number of whites on welfare per capita is also abysmal. Why don't you want to fix that too?

It's like they're the ones who suffer whenever one of these big brained cultural revolutions happen.

sure, let me just turn back time and regress technology so that you can work in the mine again!

Reality is we are all staring down a barrel held up by the jewish race, and I dont like to think about that at all so i distract myself constantly.

>addicted popper
>concerned wife
Fucking christ, I want out.

Attached: 1494649906717.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

but almost every criminal is a nigger

>The number of whites on welfare per capita is also abysmal.
so what are the numbers?

Keep telling yourself that

Attached: image.jpg (1120x894, 223K)

We could try.

They aren't, but alright /pol/fag.

Any escapist fantasy is inherently childish. Live life, nigger.

Any answer to the question is inherently political. There is no apolitical narrative that explains it. Even the narratives that stress black IQ are political.
>the number of whites on welfare is still fucking staggering if you take per capita into account.
They're not. nap.edu/read/9719/chapter/8#159

White people are far less likely to be on welfare than blacks or hispanics, per capita.

>sargon
>not liberal

Attached: tommy.jpg (707x434, 22K)

Bad, the numbers are bad user. Welfare is a problem across races now.

>flip through a Corto Maltese
FUCK OFF, CAPESHITTER

>being this triggered at two fellas having fun

>My entire reality is informed by politics and I can't fathom a non-politcal reason something happens in my objective reality
The yikes on you.

>Bad
isn't a number. what are the actual numbers?

>triggered

Attached: image.png (737x908, 265K)

This is the society we live in

>dying licking boots for no reason
>honorable

Lmao

yeah they dont glorify gangsta culture

>talkin about suicide
lol youre not triggered at all

Did you read this? Because there is a problem with how high recent spikes in welfare assistance there is for whites. I don't think you ultimately understand the point being made to you, you keep making this about muh blacks when it's a shared issue.

america without poor blacks would be a paradise

I'm just saying certain demographics can look bad based on how you present data.

Hi james, didnt know your cuckshed had internet

Is she hot?

lets stop making excuses
niggers and illegal aliens are the problem

The irony Joker, SU and Zim come from society

brb moving to west virginia

I'll give you a load

Attached: ten billion hours in MS paint.jpg (932x1200, 387K)

righties are too busy ODing in their trailer parks if they are not in the unemployment line

and afaik theyre above plumbing those jobs are for mexicans

No

based baitanon

Implying those two sides aren't the same now.

>uhmmm but steven universe deals with morals and ethics too, even better than tolstoi?
npc

>die a horrible death
>but people who won't even remember your name will think your cool
Pass

No one made this about blacks except the person I initially replied to. My only point is that the "whites are more likely to be on welfare" talking point is misleading because it doesn't take proportion into consideration

>not being able to distinguish getting shot in a culvert for globohomo from dedicating your life to something greater

You're MKUltraing yourself.

Attached: 1525857352408.png (436x323, 242K)

Nobody is paying for Yea Forums here.

>now living with poor whites
Yipeeee...so much better

Accurate

Had to sell all his periods, questionmarks and exclamation marks to buy more funko pops

For politics specifically it's fine to ignore since you have no real power to change it anyways,

WHAT'S THE APPEAL OF THESE THINGS? LIKE I THINK SOME COLLECTIBLE FIGURES LOOK COOL BUT THERE LOOK AWFUL ON PURPOSE

That's unhealthy.

I fucking hate funko pops. As a buyfag/collector its even more infuriating when i see it. Why not just get a nendo? I fucking hate normalfags.

Nendos are several times the price and you have to buy them online. Funko has the lowest common denominator audience in mind.

I find funko pops disgusting, since the target for it are people who just mindlessly consume popular media without any specific interest. They're cheap, and ugly. Someone who really likes batman or whatever who has so little shame they'd buy figurines should buy something more substantial I think.

>emergency pop fund

Attached: 1521844488465.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

My father ejaculated semen into my mother during sex (or maybe even rape lol) and I am the product of one successful sperm from millions of sperms

>t. coomer

Attached: 1567921423567.jpg (687x650, 33K)

It's sad really. These people have real spending addictions but we're not allowed to call it out without offending somebody.
Imagine if these people were blowing that same money in a casino, you wouldn't hear people saying 'dude just let adults spend their money how they want'. It shouldn't be enabled.

unironically true

Yeh i think my life is better than being burnt in volcanic ash
Sorry that Rexus Plebius didnt think so but oh well for him. Im sure his """"honnor""""" really helped him as his skin melted from his bones. I don't really care desu

Unironically Ludo from Labyrinth looks half decent. Hoggle would if he had eyes. Never seen another decent Funko and they're everywhere for some reason.

this

Those people are the majority of consumers, nothing will ever be good as long as there are hordes of people that will pay for it regardless of quality

When you take into account proportion, then it's still a ridiculous number of whites on welfare though.

I can relate to this, sadly

To die with your city

I hate the term "disposable income", it's like a presumption that everyone who makes more than enough to subsist on should be setting aside money to spend on unfulfilling garbage.

There's literally nothing wrong with martyrdom.

Attached: sebastian.jpg (1177x1654, 2.39M)

Literally a manchild

Sex>Standards, got it.

>Nothing wrong with getting yourself killed for things

The red stuff is invading your escapism, and that's a good thing!

Reminder these people believed in an afterlife so the perspectives differ in today's heavy atheistic society.

Why yes I do put filler text in the body. My brain is full of garbage so I just pick a thought at random and there's my post body.

Whats so bad about it?

Some of us don't care about it. We want to enjoy life, and being constantly this pseudo intellectual 'above it all' asshole is not only boring, it is stressful.

I just want to laugh, and have fun. I don't care about much else anymore.

man, this reminds me when Yea Forums wasn't just twitter screencaps

Really no different than "investing" in cryptocurrency

Only the middlle ground is reasonable
"no fun" and "I just wantt have fun" are both retards and they need to kill themselves

>starscream made cookies
>starscream
>cookies
>starscream
>scream
>scream
>scream

this.