Am I the only Millennial that thinks that all the rap music the kids listen to nowadays is complete garbage...

Am I the only Millennial that thinks that all the rap music the kids listen to nowadays is complete garbage? (At least here in America. I don't know about from other countries.)
It's literally the same song over and over, with the same PCM Samples, and only different lyrics that you can barely understand. If your going to have lyrics you can barely understand, make up for it with better samples, different tempo and everything that's not what it is currently. Why don't kids nowadays know what's good and what's retarded? When exactly did all this new crap start anyway? 5 years ago?

This sums it up:
youtube.com/watch?v=PWHtvkFNuj0

Attached: _103897778_npcwojak.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eQ2VOBaV0No
youtube.com/watch?v=lxRwEPvL-mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YILvKkCckhw
youtube.com/watch?v=fHDNWf_ws38
youtu.be/FbERoG3O-Us
youtube.com/watch?v=AwjwjaXTFOI
youtube.com/watch?v=cV9fGx7ygAc
youtube.com/watch?v=FN8rxvKO9IY
youtube.com/watch?v=rhehNS3_CTA
youtu.be/uU9Fe-WXew4
youtube.com/watch?v=F-YbrqYuK90
youtube.com/watch?v=KMPZ2UIVtoI
youtube.com/watch?v=5ik-F9zvO2o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOsw7UnN7w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjTaRyVH000
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObA-uMXmT7Y
youtu.be/npcGql9Ir6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. You're not. This thread is done now.

OK boomer

>boomer
Baby Boomer? Hell no. I was born in 2001. You just don't know what's good.

Well, that was quick.

>2001
you're not a millennial.

You're a fucking zoomer

All billboard hoping music for the last 15 years has been the same repetitive bullshit. There's absolutely no talent in the mainstream music industry.

Rap is for niggers and coal burners.

> write a sentance
> pay jarome to copy/paste the same drum loop he's been using for 5 years
> mumble sentence 30 times into mic while you're high on downers
> say "yeah nigga" a few times
> gunshots.wav
> yeah nigga

Yeah man, this new mumble rap shit is actually awful. No musical complexity, always taking about idk, fame or niggers on drugs. It's just absolute garbage.

You're a zoomer
>Also if you can't appreciate or at least see why someone would likelil uzi or kendrick you probably have autism

It hasn't been good since the early 90's when the record labels figured out they could market it to suburban white kids for a profit. M.C. hammer and vanilla ice pretty much killed it. There is some good underground stuff, but you have to go out and hunt it down. Now rap is mostly "look at all the shit I have, I'm a consumer white, you should be a consumer whore like me and buy stuff too." Selling a lifestyle no regular could obtain, but damned if they won't drive themselves into debt to do it.

>nowadays
Aside from a few very rare instances rap and hip hop have always been garbage. It's nigger bullshit; all "muh dik" and "listen to how fucking amazing I feel I am me me meeeeee look at meeeeeeeeeeeee" faggotry. Always has been. Always will be. It's just niggerdom facilitated by jewgoblins

Smh all that mumble rap is pure trash, I hope they all end up like XXXtension and Lil Peep.

I don't listen to them, I don't know the difference. All I know is that whenever some kid is listening to music, it's always the same crap.

This post shows you know nothing about rap.

You probably listened to like 5 popular mumble rap songs and were like "yep, thats it."

Ther is hundrets of subgenres that are all different from each other.

And there is so many good rappers and rap songs.

I can't understand how someone can judge an entire genre based on a shitty sub- genre

Attached: 1553845009716.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>Sit down. Be humble. Sit down. Be humble.

>fuck everyone but me

Kendrick couldn't write good lyrics if his life depended on it. Admit it you like shitty music

Shut the fuck up nigger

Rap is about nigger culture, it'll never be good.

rap isn't music.

>10000 yrs ago, they beat on logs and chanted. now some joo pays for a drum machine and they chant while its algorithm spits out a beat that will get 70+% approval based on the Facebook data miners.

Attached: 1456004252694.jpg (500x604, 43K)

youtu.be/eQ2VOBaV0No

The millennial generation ranges from the mid to late 90's to the early 2000's.

>make up for it with better samples, different tempo and everything that's not what it is currently

oh no, its retarded.

Attached: KB.jpg (901x500, 55K)

Never listen to them well you should before you group shitty mumble rappers with them

Attached: publicenemy-8.18.2014-616x365.jpg (616x365, 24K)

People care about everything other than the music rappers put out nowadays. I only listen to old songs Memphis rap, dj screw, Tupac, warren g, south side rappers.

Zoomer starts post 9/11 so if you were born before the towers fell you're a millennial, if you were born after you're a zoomer.

6ix9ine was a lyrical genius. I don't give a fuck what any of you fags say.

In all honesty, I don't think it can all be bad. I didn't base my opinion on a couple songs. Every person I've heard listening to rap listens to the same crap I described. Still I don't know how anything like that can be popular.

What rappers do you like?

Us millennials do not claim 2000 or later babies, sorry faggot you're a zoomer

I was born in May of 2001.

My ass hole is a lyrical genius.I don't give a fuck what any of you fags say.

Congrats you are not millennial faggy zoomer

That's not how that works. The definitions are set in stone.

So are you in any way musically inclined? Because you sound like an idiot. Not that I disagree with the statements about mainstream rap being bad, that is.

Try Lil Uzi Vert best "sound cloud rapper"
Or Kendrick, Denzel Cury

Attached: 8f1zfh09tui31.jpg (1242x1231, 246K)

NF is good

Quote me a dictionary then.

I really like Edgar the Beatmaker (aka King Krule. Maybe you know him?), Mac Miller, KAAN (Listen to Kaancepts 1, its really impressive), Nujabes, Masta ace, Tyler the creator, Tierra Whack, Little Simz, Kate Tempest and a whole lot more.

The most popular music (at the moment) is music you can easily listen to, thats not complex and doesnt have any meaning.
Background music basically.

What do you listen to?

ghetto culture is shit, who would have thunk?

You just happened to witness rap going over from niche to mainstream.
As soon as it got mainstream it is milked like a cow. You know like in modern pop music 80% of songs are written by a single person, similar development we can see within rap.

This happened to Rock'n'Roll and all the other genres that got from niche too mainstream. This is just how the music industry works. Once they found out a formula, they are going to milk it until something more prosperous comes along

Actually no they're not lol

>thunk?
Really nigga?! It's thought, not thunk!

Kendrick is pure trash, he can't write cohesive lyrics

Lol Uzi vert is the text book.definition of Nigger

Mac Miller sucked, I'm glad he's dead and we never have to suffer though any more of his shit lyrics

dude, it's a meme

'95 is the cutoff, sorry zoomer

If you're unironically suggesting that humble is an example of Kendrick's peak lyricism, you're a moron. Dude won a pulitzer

Lmao what kind of music do you white faggot listen to than? Lmao how you gonna shit on a genre but don't bring up what you listen to.

Probably some school shooter garbage ass metal music

Attached: 1559991549083.jpg (1029x1029, 170K)

old metal, synthwave and eurobeat/italodisco

Nah nigger I listen yo Kpop like a real man

I do. I'm 34 and I can't fathom the spectrum of shit that our ears are afflicted with. My niece was listening to that xxxtentacion joke, and it was utter shit. It was unintelligible at best. At least 50Cent had some sweet beats and could flow.

I don't really listen to rap, but I like the older kind of rap better. I just mostly listen to stuff like classic rock, the stuff your parents listen too probably. I don't know how to describe all of it.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

youtube.com/watch?v=YILvKkCckhw

youtube.com/watch?v=fHDNWf_ws38

I think we can all agree that XXXtencion is garbage

Well why the hell not? This is just retarded.

I haven't seen that one yet.

You literally mentioned the chorus of a song not the actually lyrics tard

Attached: 1551079590806.png (1233x957, 183K)

Good old country music and both this bullshit pop country on the radio. The good stuff like George Strait, Alan Jackson, Hank Williams Jr, Willie Nelson, Reba, Chris Ledoux

No no genuinely hate Mac Miller and what he did to Ari, fuck that selfish bastatd. I truly hope he is rotting in hell

Greetings from germany
youtu.be/FbERoG3O-Us

Japaneese Metal

You have to admit that you get tired of this. Just Like I get tired of rap and listen to this type of music

I like rock too, I am one of these people who listen to almost everything.

While I enjoy rap a lot, I also like rock, metal, breakcore, jungle, dnb etc.

You'll maybe like "NUMBERS -THE FLOWER KINGS".
Its really good!

NF IS GOOD

The most musical diversity in current rap/pop are the samples they take from older songs

Well I don't only listen to stuff like this constantly. I have a pretty broad range of music I like. Here's few different ones I like:

Thought so, this is why i enjoy kanye because it something very different

You're such a fucking ho, I love it.

I'm glad nigger music is dead.

No that's probably his worst song
I was talking about this
youtu.be/uU9Fe-WXew4

>I am one of these people who listen to almost everything.

Yeah me too.

I even like "weird" foreign songs like the following.

I can't understand it. but I like it:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-YbrqYuK90

And here's few other ones I like:

Here's a couple more songs I forgot to add to this youtube.com/watch?v=KMPZ2UIVtoI

youtube.com/watch?v=5ik-F9zvO2o

Nope. It's garbage. Hell, even listening to 90s and 2000s rap, I'm disappointed how often they had to "sample" (steal) from other songs and shout out "yeah" over it.

>rap isn't music.
And blacks aren't people. Glad we can come to an agreement.

>nowadays
All rap/hiphop was always nigger-tier garbage pushed down people's throats to become mainstream. It's all nigger-monkey jungle noises.

I was better when it was newer. You just have to learn how to not be a hateful person. Who cares if your father was mean to you anyway.

>It was better
I meant.

No, it was never good. If you like that "music" genre your opinion on music is irrelevant, considering your shit taste.

I only listen to European rappers. White people do it better.

You shouldn't let your father make you who you are. Make your own life. Just don't keep it where you are now.

Nah, just Americans in general make music worse. They have a shit system for how the radio stations rate their music. It's on a nationwide scale, and then averaged. It started in the 90's. The music industry is shit in the US. How anyone likes the shit they play now, I will never know.

Imagine trying to analyse some user's life based on two posts he had made that are irrelevant to his life. Absolute and utter retard.

Attached: delusional.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

I forgot to mention here a lot of DJs lost their jobs because they didn't want to play what they told them to. There's almost no good stations anymore.

Trouble at home too?

No one is hateful like that for no reason. And it's almost always for the same reason. And it's damn obvious.

Oh please do share your knowledge with us mere mortals. I can't wait to hear what some 18yo has to say about life and how human mind works.
You know nothing, how am I hateful? Because I don't like the same things you like?

Just don't be an ass, and BAM! That's what makes you not hateful.

Or just ignore them.

But at the end of the day, we can all agree that everything the younger generations do nowadays is retarded. (see image)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 63K)

Same reason your grandparents hate the music you listened to, disliking the younger generations music is all you have left as you come closer and closer to death

Dunno wut to tell ya, OP. I'm a based Zoomer & just turned 18 a few weeks back (fuck you mods, I was an underage b& lurking Yea Forums) - No one in our high school listens to rap except a few retarded trailer trash wiggers. For most part, everyone listens to Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Tool, Billy Ellish, Pearl Jam, etc. What do you middle age Millenials see in nigger music anyway? It all sounds like autistic 4 years olds cursing to samples.

THIS. No one except niggers and meth addict poor white folks listens to rap now days.

>

I am confirmed meth addict and rap is awsome

I am the younger generation. I just don't let myself get to this point.

Attached: I-got-swag.jpg (540x817, 57K)

I'm black and even I think rap music is shit. I usually listen to Sabaton and Avenged Sevenfold.

Enjoy never getting pussy.

I'll say that all generations starting from baby boomers onwards have been abysmal. Zoomers aren't any better or worse than millenials or gen x. They're all degenerate.

>2019
>Listening to Rap

OP's either a confirmed incel, an illiterate unemployed nigger, or a 39 y.o. Boomer trying to look "cool" to a 19 yo girl that legit finds him creepy.

>everyone listens to Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Tool, Billy Ellish, Pearl Jam,
One of these things is not like the other...

Wow, OP. This is the cringiest thread I've seen on Yea Forums all day. Major accomplishment. No one publicly admits to listening to shit tier rap "music". Hell, even black people are too ashamed to admit they listen to that shit in 2019.

What is with everyone's disagreement on what Millennials are, It's the generation from the mid 90's to the early 2000's. Isn't that why it's named after millennium?

And I'm 18 too. I was born in May of 2001. I'm not sure how many people listened to it at my high school, but it was definitely quite a few. My brother listens garbage rap. he was born on 2004. But that's kinda hard to believe based on how he acts. He acts like he's 12. He literally just entered high school.

Anyway, my friends usually listen to the stuff like you mentioned.

> culture
kek

>It's the generation from the mid 90's to the early 2000's
You're off by a bit. Go and Google millennial, then get back to us.

Honestly I believe this too. Ever since WW2 we've been on a decline.

He was naming off everything. Not just one genre.

Right but one of those isn't even music

It's giving me a bunch of different definitions.

Some say early 80's to mid 90's, others say late 90's to like 2004.

I guess nothing's definitive.
The way I've known it is about from 1997 to 2003

Well I haven't heard of Tool or Billy Ellish, so I don't know what the hell they are.

>an entire generation
>5 years

Tool's a progressive hard rock / metal band & billy ellish is an alternative rock / electropop singer. pretty much 2 of the biggest musical acts around at the moment.

Isn't it just talking about birth year? That seems like a pretty distinctive time period.

Now that I think about it, I'd have to say 1994 or 5 to 2003 is more accurate for that time period.

that, and tools been around since like the 1990's so them having major chart topping hits songs right now is pretty surprising for a band that's been around almost 3 decades.

The problem is with American rap, the lyrics are always about niggers nigging, here in the balkans we have rap about who is gonna exterminate who

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOsw7UnN7w

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjTaRyVH000

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObA-uMXmT7Y

Attached: polemiki-aeroporia-giorti.jpg (960x650, 117K)

yeah, watching all the freshman taylor swift stans crying at school this week cause an actual talented band knocked swifts new album off the top 10 albums this week was hysterical. tools new shit is really fuckin good and so much needed in the current music scene.

I never even heard of them. I mean maybe I've heard the name Billy Ellish.

Where do these people come from?
It's just like when you see on the news (yahoo homepage type deal) about some rapper no one's ever heard of being killed, and people ask me "Did you know Weird Ass Name just died?"
I swear artists just appear out of nowhere.

Tool ARMY! Srsly tho yeah fear inoculum is the best album this year. Tool came out swinging an landed a KO. Love every song on it. And that the songhs are 10 minutes and still getting radio play is freaky.

based BS

Nigger music is fucking trash and anyone who likes it is either a nigger ape or a fucking nigger loving white trash piece of shit.

Rap is literally fucking cancer

NIGGER SHIT NIGGER SHIT
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER SHIT x30

best part is that tool's got 2 songs in the top 20 charts right now. first time a rock bands done that in over 3 decades from what news is saying.

It’s not even that good though. I mean it’s better than most of the garbage that’s been topping the charts in recent years but yeah

>I never even heard of them
>30 year old band
>world wide fame
>just dropped a new album that radio stations won't shut up about
>never even heard of them

Attached: 1567634083091.jpg (680x810, 46K)

Wrong. It's the mid 80s to the late 90s. Everyone after that is a zoomer.

ITT people who don't know shit about music argue about music

That would be like me arguing about sports or athletes.

Popular music in general is stagnating because you've got the same three or four guys writing EVERYTHING.

Shut up, go watch melon boy be a pop apologist

Then why did they decide to call them Millennials. I thought it was just talking about the birth year.

There's no good radio stations where I live. And I live in frikkin Chicago. there's a shit ton of people here. The only radio stations we have are a few stations that play stuff from before 30 years ago and the rest is just that retarded music kids listen to, but no one else likes.

Why can't we just have radio stations that play new and old good shit anymore?

I forgot to mention here there is a station that plays old rap music and stuff, the good shit. But I just don't really listen to that kind of music.

Speaking of being a millennial, So i recognise I feel entitled to everything despite being worthy of nothing, but what do you do if knowing that doesn't fix you?
I still don't want to work, but now i'm alternating between the feasibility of suicide and unsustainably gambling away on the lottery out of escapism.

>Wah I was born in the wrong generation.
I remember when you faggots just stayed in the YouTube comments section.

That's not how I am. And why feel entitled for anything without putting forward any work? You need to work for things.

No, you are not.
Born in '89, eastern Europe, hip-hop head here (lately i am listening to more stuff besides hiphop like jazz, blues, punk, metal, triphop/chill/nujazz, and a ton of classical).
I think that trap or whatever it is called is absolutely retarded. It doesn't have anything to do with hip hop, no message, no musicality, nothing. Complete garbage.
There is still a lot of good hiphop to listen to.

>You need to work for things.
Wow yep. NOW it makes sense. Not like i didn't just say that
I'm all fixed now. thanks.

Lmaooo, no. Fuck off zoomer. I graduated high school right as the economy collapsed in 2008, then joined the army and served in iraq. You weren't even old enough to wipe your own ass when the towers fell or when we fucked up Iraq.
21st infantry, 11C operation Iraqi freedom bitch, we FUCKED THOSE TOWEL HEADS UP CUNT

That's not what I was saying, idiot. I was asking if anyone else thinks it's garbage.

And I remember when all of you people stayed in your mom's basement without youtube. The comments section was much better then. That was damn near 10 years ago. Back when you can actually customize your channel. But you wouldn't remember that now, would you. You were only a sperm back then.

>t. shabbos goy

Attached: kultur terror.png (800x1120, 1.24M)

Those drugs sure did a number on you, didn't they?

I don't give a crap about your time in Iraq. That's irrelevant.

That's the gayest shit I've read all day. Congratulations.

Says the person who can't come up with a valid response.

So much good rap out there. (((Mainstream))) has always been shit

youtu.be/npcGql9Ir6Y

Please tell me this is bait
This opinion isn't new at all
Not all rap is mindless trash btw
I wish my neighbors like good stuff though :(

Of course it is. Everyone same knows that.
It's just that stuff is made "just to pass" nowadays
Europe follows US trends, and the rest of the world.

I also like music written by rapists

i believe the frequencies are put in (Rhythems are made) to fuck with our minds and dumb us down

Billy Eilish is a nigger loving whore

Everyone I've seen who listens to rap listens to the same shit I described. Ironically, I've only seen white people listening to it, if I'm not mistaken.
There's not a ton of black people where I live anyway.

Europe needs to stop following US trends. Everything here is shit.