What does Yea Forums think of vaping? Is it as bad as everyone says it is?

What does Yea Forums think of vaping? Is it as bad as everyone says it is?

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Nicotine#addictiveness
epa.gov/radiation/sources/tobacco.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Volume can be annoying but atleast it smells better than smoking.

I'm thinking big tobacco has lost a lot of business in recent years and their hands are in this now. Either they've weaseled their way into the vape industry and added more addictive or toxic chemicals to vape pens. Or they've lobbied to have these recent articles against vaping to come out in hopes that those who left for vaping will come back to cigarettes.

I do find it suspicious that all of a sudden there are deaths and hospitalizations from vaping. While it's still relatively new, we went several years without anything more than some (fake) popcorn lung scares.

was smoking for 16 years. started vaping and quit it after one year. Now 1 year without vaping. Had no problems with vaping. But I was not able to use liquids with a lot of nicotine. Less was better.

Everytime I use one of these instead of Marb reds and while in a friday night drinking binge. The next day I have a harder time breathing and clearing out my lungs. I stopped using mine.

I've been using Juul since March. Haven't had the slightest craving for a cigarette. My allergies have also been reduced and in general I feel better.

The downside is that now I'm definitely addicted to the Juul. It's so easy to use. It doesn't smell. I can use it virtually anywhere. So while my smoking habits were usually 3 to 4 per day, I'm going through a pod in about a day and a half. Which is supposed to be the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes in terms of nicotine. I can tell on a day of particularly heavy use I cough a bit. But it's still nothing compared to the few cigarettes I would smoke.

So I don't know. I think there could be some long term effects after vaping has been around for a few more decades. The threat with these recent hospitalizations seems to involve THC and dabbing. It also involves young people, probably overusing or doing something reckless in addition to vaping.

had the same problem. but after a few times it's gone. it needs some time to brig out that bullshit sitting in your lung. after i got used to it i forgot the vaping machine at home and there was a party from my working place. never thought it was possible to drink alcohol without a cigarette or vaping. but it was no problem. from this day i did not touch any vape or cigarette again.

For retards and faggots, especially people using it to quit cigarettes

I tried the Juul as well however at times it left a syrup like substance from the pod on my lips anyway around this?

poor guy.

That my friends is what "alone" looks like.

This my friends is what "alone" looks like

why? it worked for me and for my gf. mom of my gf got the message that she has lung cancer this year. i would love to see what a faggot and retard you are in the moment a doctor says this to you.

I also have one. It seems that this thing was created by a designer who ordered the engineers to just build it. Now what happens is that the juice from the pods sometimes comes out of the cartridge and gets stuck betweend the battery and the pod. Over time this stuff builds up and sometimes I have to clean it which is pretty impossible and bullshit aswell. If you vape Op just get a decent one like the one in the pic and not the juul. Looks fancy and thats it.

People are clueless about smoking.

Nicotine is not significantly addictive and not really dangerous, either. It does have many benefits, such as protecting your dopamine neurons from inflammation and neurodegenerative diseases.

Still, the only thing you hear mentioned about smoking is nicotine. Nicotine this, nicotine that. Nicotine is a patsy, that's what it is; the actual addictive, personality-shaping substances in tobacco smoke are dozens of different kinds of monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and the lung damage is done by tar, particulates and inhaling combustion products that exceed 700°C in temperature.

gwern.net/Nicotine#addictiveness

I've had that with a few. I think it's just poor quality control in some pods.

What kind do you recommend? Buying Juul was honestly just a spontaneous thing I bought at a gas station instead of a pack of cigarettes. I did no prior research.

I wouldn't use Juul if I were you, they are not telling you everything about the product.

They say it's a "tobacco plant extract" and that it contains "nicotine salts". Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that they must know that their extraction and purification process (if any) is not in any way specific to nicotine alkaloids, but will readily extract other alkaloids present in the tobacco plant.

They're undoubtedly using cured tobacco as well, which adds a huge variety of monoamine oxidase inhibitors into the pool of potential extraction product. Juuls are probably just as addictive as smoking regular tobacco.

Stick with freebase nicotine, kids. Fuck the tobacco industry.

Honestly I have no idea thats why I still use that piece of sheit. Every Vaper I find is either a fucking brick that makes you look like you moderate on reddit, a pen that is probably even worse than a juul and the ones that literally look like cigarettes and probably contain enough cadmium to turn you into a battery.

But if you want to just have a good vape taste and battery life buy a bulky one. Pretty much anyone over 50$ is good enough.

They definitely have a hand in all this, but the hospitalizations and death are due to an additive in fake thc vape carts. Afaik, nothing has come from nicotine carts like Juul, blu, etc, but they got lumped in anyway.

Likely, yes.
There isn't sufficient research about vaping that can would give us a measure of how bad it is, but lungs are soft tissue. Any time anyone puts something that isn't a gas like oxygen or carbon dioxide in their lungs they're probably causing some form of damage.
Better than smoking, at least.

Well... Cigarettes have a long list of toxic ingredients. The tobacco used in cigarettes is grown in soil that naturally contains radioactive materials. The leaves can contain polonium-210, a radioactive material with a half life of 138.3 days and lead-210 with a half life of 22 years. Concentration in the leaves is dependent on soil richness, area of growth and fertilizers.

Polonium-210 is an alpha emitter. When the cigarette smoke is inhaled, so are the alpha particles. The lungs are unable to filter out this type of radiation and damage can be severe. The chemicals in cigarette smoke cause damage to the cleansing system and the alpha particles remains in the airway and lungs to do their damage.

Over time, the alpha particles that are trapped build up in the lungs. This build-up can create long term radiation exposure to the airways and lungs. There is no proof that this is the cause of lung cancer, but the addition of any radioactive element increases the risk of cancer to those who are exposed in contrast to those who are not exposed.

epa.gov/radiation/sources/tobacco.html

So glad they banned this shit in my state y'all look gay af

Polonium-210 is an alpha emitter. When the cigarette smoke is inhaled, so are the alpha particles. The lungs are unable to filter out this type of radiation and damage can be severe.

Oldfag here. I've been vaping since they first came out. So that's probably close to 10 years (maybe a bit less - lost track of time) or so now.

Not had a single health issue from vaping.

But then again, I've never bothered with those over the top deep lung vapes, and I stick to menthol flavour.

i hate people that vape. i also hate people that smoke...

that said, i started smoking 15 years ago, and vaping keeps me from smoking. idk if it's bad or whatever but i have noticed that i sleep better when i'm vaping instead of smoking. maybe i'm not gasping as much in my sleep or something? sometimes when i'm out drinking, i'll crack and have a smoke and the nights that i do, i feel like absolute hell the next day.

just my xp

It's lowkey retarded, maybe because there are a lot of 14 year old wannabe badasses who use it.

Stick to DMT and Heroin, drugs for hardcores.

>Not had a single health issue from vaping.
Yet

>inhaling smoke that doesn't get you high
>inhaling water vapor that doesn't get you high
I simply don't see the appeal. And the volume of vapor that some of these clowns puff out is truly ridiculous. It should be impermissible indoors.

It is almost always some numale with an enormous beard and piercings. I don't mind when girls vape because I hate cigarettes and women need their vice.

Lol retard, if cigarettes had MAOI's in them, anyone on antidepressants would die from smoking them. Not only that but cigarettes would conoletley change a psychedellic trip for anyone who smoked. Not only that but MAOIs are completley non addictive, and used in the production of ayahuasca. Stop talking out your ass online

The hospitalizations are from fat getting drawn into the lungs. Vape shops, or people mixing their own, are combining food grade flavors with the vape liquid, rather than using pharmaceutical grade flavors. The difference is in the presence of lipid compounds (fats), which are hazardous when volatilized and drawn into the lungs. That's causing a severe pneumonia, that's sometimes proving fatal; particularly in combination with overly strong nicotine doses. Someone purchasing an unflavored, preloaded vape pod straight from Good Ol' Big Tobacco is at less risk than buying from the Mom & Pop that mixes their own.

Doucheflute thread

Smoked for 10 years started vaping a year and a half ago , haven’t smoked a cigarette yet have zero desire to do so

I can live with "yet". Smoked for a similar amount of time before that and it completely fucked my heath. Vaping has felt like being a non-smoker.

Don't care either way, at 43 if something gets me who gives a fuck, best years are over.

>What does Yea Forums think of vaping?
Well it's generally a regressive tax like cigarettes so for the poor, uneducated, and unintelligent.

>Is it as bad as everyone says it is?
I live in a city of 250,000 there are 4 people on vents because of it here and one kid died. Plus it has not been around long enough for the long term effects to be seen.

I live in an upper middle class neighborhood of people in their 30's and 40's and do not know of one adult here who smokes or vapes. When I am driving around the typical vaper is male, mid twenties, driving the biggest pile of shit car and is covered in trailerpark tattoos.

Just my observation.

>Smoke cigarettes for 20 years with 0 health problems
>Try to quit using a vape, die a week later

Attached: 1567040104735.jpg (385x375, 35K)

It’s for gays that wear jean shorts.
Smoke like a real man

Lol

Attached: 1567970625524.jpg (720x755, 73K)

> better than smoking
Hahaha, an hero you faggot

Pure faggotry.
I've never seen anything so fucking silly in my life.

If you like throwing your hard earned cash to buy juice and gadgets to feed your addiction for nicotine then it is not bad for you. Actually might be good that you might be removed from gene pool.

vaping is for faggots
cigarettes are for faggots
smoking marijuana makes you retarded

Real master race men of stature puff cigars

Imagine inhaling shit into your lungs? ROFLMFAO

We smoke dank well aged and cured long filler hand rolled cigars

KYS pleblets

Attached: 51dXQNLM+cL.jpg (403x500, 47K)

People buy 2nd grade liquids of the streets and experiment with thc & cdb oils and get hospitalized and die. Newspapers blame vaping all together just for pure sensation and scaremongering

Sucking on a vape is as gay as sucking on a dick.

gay

I think inhaling high-temperature-vaporised propylene glycol is probably not a great idea, especially given the extremely short period between introduction and widespread use, but it's probably orders of magnitude safer than inhaling the smoke from burning plant matter.

I do say probably because we won't know the long term effects for years to come and the lungs are the most delicate, sensitive structures in the human body so fucking about with them in any way is never the best idea.

Its not water vapour that would give you third degree burns all along your lungs and throat

All these recent rashes of news "stories" should send bullshit alarms going off in anyone's mind.

The "Stop Smoking" lobby makes BILLIONS of dollars from their buddy companies that makes things like

The patch

Chantix

Nicotine gum

etc.

These are the APPROVED ways THEY want you to stop smoking.

They are NOT getting their kickback from the independent smaller vape companies.

SO just get our media buddies to tell likes and
get back to normal...

I've been vaping for a year now and am sooo much better off.

Stop believing bullshit you see on the news and read on Yea Forums

Attached: 7e8.png (1186x499, 546K)

>Is it as bad as everyone says it is?
>everyone
Just stop.

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 89K)

Vaping is for pussies

Its like voting Dolan Chump.

Attached: CwZWjAaUAAEid0U.jpg (1125x750, 113K)

I wish we lived in the 50s and 60s again when smoking was healthy for you.