For those who have had to bury their pet, how did you cope afterwards?

For those who have had to bury their pet, how did you cope afterwards?

Attached: new_2.jpg (1600x900, 128K)

i didnt feel nothing. wasnt really attached to the cat.

By giving a new stray a home and passing on the love

I didn't. I just stopped thinking about it so I wasn't hurting all the time. Now only when I think about her do I actually hurt and remember that no matter what I do she will never come back to me. And that bastard who misdiagnosed her could have done something.

That same fucking quack misdiagnosed our other dog. We since then don't go to them anymore if we can help it but its still in the same office as vets we like.

I'm sorry, bro.

That dog literally saved my life.
Best friend since I was 10.
Everyone loved her, had this adorable sweet woof. Never loud, never foul tempered.

She just had seizures and wouldn't eat.
Doctor just said 'her gums look fine' and passed it off as old age. Dog was barely 11. Our family has had dogs that have lived 13-15 years before. This one was in perfect health and then just had it. She suffered nearly a week while we tried to help her before she dropped on the grass and we barely got back in time to say goodbye and comfort her.

Tried to ignore the hurt. It gets back to me at home, alone. I visit an old cat in our local animal shelter every odd week. Can't take him in as I'm allergic to him. But, boy, does he enjoy some company.
Lost my dad two years ago, about to lose my uncle any moment. Death would be a bit more bearable if it weren't for the shitty circustamces like cancer, hospital germs, lung infections and that nasty stuff that doesn't only kill you but make you really miserable while you at it.

I didn't bury little Rosie, she was cremated. She had a great life, though, and even when she was too old to do normal cat stuff, she still was able to just bask in the sun and get affection all throughout her life.

I was happy to be able to provide that for her. I still remember the day we put her down, though. In her own way, she told us it was time for her to go. I cried hard that day and a piece of me was ripped away.

RIP, Rosers, I'll be meeting you again one day.

Had to bury my dog years ago, really it was my ex's dog. He was the male and the female was my dog. Both jack Russell smart and lovable. I built him a coffin and buried him proper. What I believe is his spirit roams my yard(I have a nice sized yard) protecting me while I sleep. Dogs are fuckin awesome because they show love and thanks for the love they get and give it back. That can't be said for most humans.

I grew up with my cat clark and he died at 25 years old this January and I don't think I'll ever have a friend like that again

Attached: Snapchat-1465520011.jpg (720x1280, 169K)

Super sorry to hear user, that pet was super lucky to have you and got to live a great life. Celebrate that life and after some time rescue another pet and spoil it even more. That’s what I did and my cats memory lives on each day with my puppy

Nothing if it was a nigger tier dog like OP's image.

That's a damn fine cat and he had goddamn long run.

buried 4 different pets, usually pretty rough the first days, but you get used to it, worst one took me 2 months to get over, if you feel like its their time to go you should put them to sleep, i learnt from my mistake and its selfish to let them live and suffer another day or 2, unless you know something can be done

bury?

I actually feel for you. Legit. It's terrible to lose your best friend. I hope you mourn and heal in time.

You didn't bury them while still alive right? I mean that's a pretty big mistake.

it was getting dark and i couldn't let the corpse stay a night in our house, it wouldve reeked like shit

I smoke a shit ton of pot and try to forget everything. Unfortunately, I really do tend to forget everything.

Not tryna sound effect but I didnt care

I didn't have to. Who expects their pets to outlive them? Are you gay or something?

Dude BRO maaan so sorry to hear that

Get over it pussy. It died to get away from your faggot ass.

lots of whiskey

She had to have an abdominal surgery. Apparently she ate a meat package liner dropped by a possum. We didn't know she had a blockage so we spent about a week feeding her special diet, and then she violently vomitted the weeks worth of food up. She went into surgery and her intestines literally melted away where the blockage was. But the surgery was a success she was going to need to be in a special diet for the rest of her life and won't be able to chew on toys anymore but she will live.
Next morning she passed stool and ate food which was amazing signs and when she went to sleep and apparently passed a clot and passed away in her sleep she was barely 3.
I was depressed for probably 2 years and got a puppy that I could train much better but I still have a beautiful urn in my nightstand of her.

Attached: FB_IMG_1568046341660.jpg (960x540, 43K)

Liquor, crying and the passage of time.
I really do feel sorry for those people who only see pets as property. They're missing out on something wonderful.

I got him along with his sister Sally in Florida in the early 2000s and I took them with me through Indiana, west Virginia, then colorado where Sally passed away a couple years earlier. They were the best companions I ever could have hoped for. Pic related is them cuddling on my bed a few years ago

Attached: Snapchat-853791163.jpg (1440x2560, 663K)

I killed a baby deer with my truck earlier feels bad man .

My cat was a Tabby/European wild cat hybrid. Fucking huge but such a nice girl.

Attached: Luna.jpg (1224x1468, 139K)