Ask a paramedic anything

Ask a paramedic anything

Attached: IMG_20190909_110125_compress15.jpg (3024x4032, 984K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fCBUojxbZVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

coke or pepsi?

whats it like being trapped in a small town while on probation for being black?

1. What's the most fucked up you experienced?
2. What's the thing that made the most impression on you? The thing that stuck with you. Be it good or bad

Coke

Pass

Watching a jumper jump....

Why you no give morphine to someone in severe back pain? All they gave me was laughing gas.

Probably because that level of paramedic didn't have morphine, or you didn't need it

Have any of you ever fansubbed anything? I've been subbing Code Geass in Greek for the past year and it's been a very rewarding and time consuming experience.

Attached: enhanced-buzz-11344-1402935512-12.jpg (625x336, 21K)

ever have to transport a drunk or psych ward patient? if yes how did you feel about that.

Check'd dubs. In your mind, what are the pillars of a society worth living in?

youtu.be/fCBUojxbZVA

Attached: ZomboMeme 21072019225122.jpg (923x913, 334K)

If you don't save someone's life, do they win?

Have you ever used patient who is passed out?

Silly question, half of what we transport are drunks.

I'm either too baked to understand or too stupid. Rephrase that for me and I'll give you my best answer.

Yeah dude all the time, I've used them as stretcher weights to hold it steady while I get an IV in

are you a paramedic?

Nope but together my partner and I are a pair of medics

Do Canadians have the same anatomy as humans?

Nope, watch southpark for true anatomy

Perfect response

Haha nvm. Gonna go smoke myself. Whatchu chiefin?

>Ask a paramedic anything
2+2?

Since weed is legal in Canada did they make you take a drug test and did they care if there was weed in your system?

As one aspiring to become a paramedic, do you find that it's worthwhile?
Many of the paramedics I've asked about their vocation have basically said the same -
>"Overworked, underpaid. I feel sorry for anyone coming into the field, they're gonna work you to death for peanuts."

Mind you, I'm not interested for the money, I legitimately want to help people... But if it's essentially medical slavery...

Further background:
>Reside in Toronto
>Paramedics 'interviewed' also mostly reside within Toronto, few were transfers in from another areas.

One did mention that these conditions literally only exist within massive cities, and that externally the work load is reasonable, but the work itself was sparse and hard to find w/o an internal referral or extensive firsthand experience.

Citrix

As long as you are not high on the job you are all good, the tests possible to track weed are not accurate enough to press charges anyways. It's just a yes or no answer as to weather there's THC present in your body.

What's up with Narcan? Asshole wants to throw his life away, why such extraordinary measures to bring him or her back, again and again, at public expense?

Hey friend, you've asked a few proper questions. I also live in Toronto. I'm happy to answer your questions or grab a beer with ya. What's your kik?

what's your craziest call?

They usually are not trying to die. They just want to get high and that batch was stronger. Junkie or not, they deserve to not die from a mistake or a mis dose.

We have a punch card system. After the 3rd overdose we just let the customer have it their way. Then they die.

>Junkie or not, they deserve to not die from a mistake or a mis dose.
But, from what I read/watch/hear, a whole lot of them are repeat customers. Someone that fucking negligent about their life, really worth the time, effort, or expense to keep pulling them back from the brink, so they can go steal something else to get re-junked up?

You fuckers are damaging the country. Knock that shit off. Let them go. It's the merciful thing to do and it keeps our streets safer.

This is true. Most of them aren't actually "addicted" to heroin. They can swap one completely different drug for another depending on prices that month.

Dont be a paramedic if the only reason is you want to help people. You will be unfulfilled. The successful paramedics I know just hate being bored. Torture to us would be a job where we are stuck in an office all day while some fat woman named Karen or whatever talks about cake or her cats or something.

What's up with that chubby chick in New Orleans with the grommets in her ears? Is she like a dyke or something?

Attached: 1511645767287.gif (240x180, 340K)

>What's your kik?
Probably one of the only messenger platforms I don't use, TBH I'm trying to get away from them as well due to the information sharing most are into. Maybe it;s time to make a throwaway as a reliable means of connecting with anons...

>The successful paramedics I know just hate being bored.
That's me right now, I'm actually trying to phase out of this business owner bullshit I immersed myself in.
Specifically because of -
>Torture to us would be a job where we are stuck in an office all day while some fat woman named Karen or whatever talks about cake or her cats or something.

This is exactly what I already have to endure. Never go into the pet industry for any reason.