How did you overcome apathy, Yea Forums?

How did you overcome apathy, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1557567765368.jpg (1024x752, 48K)

The fact that this thread has no replies speaks volumes

Having friends that I'd cross a country for who'd do the same for me. Yet also making a fair share of enemies through being myself which only drives someone who isnt afraid of others further. Finding love in small uneventful things, like nice scenery, a particularly pretty tree, or mountain I can drive by, or the lights of the city on my way in to work. Discovering respect and how to earn it, & not just with other people, but animals too. Even if nothing matters at least i can cruise through meaninglessness with a good time, and if the world is set to burn I can go down fighting

Attached: fred_rogers.jpg (960x960, 99K)

>cont.
I guess i sometimes have more apathetic days than others. Even weeks because thanks to mental health or life or being human, things sure arent perfect. But knowing that most people on the same level, deal with the same things. That people are in worse situations, & even those in better situations deal with their own share of hurt. Can't be apathetic when we are all on the same ride. But never waste empathy on those who disrespect the struggles of others, or the hypocrites too.

Thank you user, the last couple of weeks were tough and this really helped

Peaks and valleys. Try and keep some perspective, there is never really going to be a point where you overcome something like apathy, its just a part of the human condition that we must continually grapple with. Take the good and roll with the bad and try not to fuck up too terribly when the bad is beating down on you.

why would you?

Because apathy is the self-defense mechanism for the powerless

with ignorance

what the fuck does that even mean?

Take mushrooms and reexamine everything

If you aren't aware of certain things, you won't realize how insignificant your life is

not that person, but if you're ignorant of the world and all the ways it sucks you probably won't be as apathetic.

If you care enough to want to overcome it, then you already overcame it and are using it as an excuse to continue using it.

My friend took LSD for the first time a few weeks ago and did something similar

can help but doesn't fix anything, its a tool not a cure.

in order to overcome apathy, you have to ignore the world around you. Knowing too much is bad for you. It's better to live in ignorance.

I don't think so. Better to know. If you don't know, the world still sucks and still affects you, but you don't know why and can't respond correctly. Better I think is to know but to pull back and live simply and well.

you also wont accomplish anything, and you'll continue consuming everyone's bullshit.

OP. want my advice? Stop consuming life. Be witness to it. It allows you to take part in it, instead of it becoming a part of you. No matter how bad you want to accept/consume something, just be witness to it.
Witness your life

This means witnessing greatness, as well as the badness. If you consume the badness, it will only become a part of you, until you separate yourself and witness it again.

Attached: abc_wn_richardson_090319_ms.jpg (413x310, 25K)

this is called laziness. We are explorers. We aren't made to be complacent in ignorance

Quads speak the truth

this is a bunch of vague gibberish

nice quads tho