The sun keeps us warm, grows our food, gives us energy, kills our enemies, and we revolve it...

The sun keeps us warm, grows our food, gives us energy, kills our enemies, and we revolve it. It’s the center of the universe. Why aren’t we worshipping it? It’s the closest thing to god that we are ever going to get. Maybe global warming is payback for not giving the sun the respect that it deserves

Attached: 4B4EF249-907F-429D-A18D-C47152840AE5.jpg (2048x1590, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTljCYjieJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We do worship it it's called SUNday when people go to church.

But I don’t see any major religions worshipping it like we should

Because something made the sun so we concentrate on worshipping the great creator, not just the sun.

How do you know the sun didn’t create anything. It’s responsible for life on our planet

Fucks going on in here?

Attached: 491px-Sun_god_Ra.svg.png (491x1024, 176K)

I didn't say the sun didn't create anything. Something else created the sun. The sun didn't create itself.

Shut up, Leo. Your season is OVER.
It's Virgo season baby

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTljCYjieJg

Humanity has worshipped the sun since the dawn of history.

>its the centre of the universe
sorry to disappoint you fella, but its not even close and there are billions of stars just like our sun in our galaxy, and there are trillions of galaxies in the universe so to put it into perspective, there are more stars in this single galaxy than there are grains of sand on earth, so what makes our sun so special? its a bit of a dick really, ever had sunburn? did an all-nighter enjoying your time only for the sun to rise at 6am and bring your joy to an end?

But how do you know that

>It’s the center of the universe
wait what fucking century is this?

How can you claim to know the thoughts and intentions of whatever created the sun? That's your problem.

It's just a lucky guess. Plus there are many suns in different galaxies. That's alot of suns.

I never claimed that. Have you been staring at the sun?

>Maybe global warming is payback for not giving the sun the respect that it deserves

thats not how global warming works....
the output of the sun hasnt drastically changed, the atmosphere here is changing because of human actions.

>...we revolve it.
If you mean that Earth revolves around it, wait for the flat-earthers to get here!
> ... centre of the universe...
Wrong. It's only the centre of this solar system, not even the centre of our galaxy, let alone the universe!

We don't worship it because it isn't sentient idiot

Prove it

SHUT UP CHRISTIAN don't you have some "GOD HATES _____" signs to make?

Who's Ra and what is a Druid?

prove it is sentient

In an infinite universe, any given point is the center.

I am Ra.
And like the Sun, I am eternal.

GOD HATES OP

No, we cannot assume any point is the center.

the current boundary of the universe is light speed times the age of the universe.

Why is sentience a requirement for worship?

Global warming, skin cancer, making us revolve around it, giving us life

Don't you have more important things to do? Like create life?

I'm the center of my universe, therefore you are wrong.

Because why would we take time out of our lives to worship it if it doesn't even appreciate it? If it was sentient I'd worship the hell out of it

I am Arrrr, the pirate.
And like the Sun, I'm probably going to flame out and die.

FALSE.
The universe is infinite.

That's already finished so now he just shitposts on Yea Forums

So you worship a god because a god appreciates the worship?

You're a pity-worshiper?

>Global warming
isnt determined by changes in the output of the sun
>skin cancer
is results of imprecise dna repair, that has to do with biology not the sun knowing anything
>making us revolve around it
what is gravity?
>giving us life
the sun gives of energy it never gave us life

The sun is totally unnecessary, it's bright enough during the daytime.

In Theory

This.
Just because there's nothing in the "space" doesn't mean it doesn't exist

No i worship him so he doesn't kill me and so i might be able to be blessed

Join our cool ass LGBTQ friendly server

discord gg/MVrV4FG
>discord gg/MVrV4FG
discord gg/MVrV4FG
>discord gg/MVrV4FG

Hot e girls and traps are waiting for you there!

nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
therefore nothing can be past the light speed times age of the universe boundary. also nothing can ever catch up to this boundary because its growing at the speed of light

That's not true. The age of the universe is about 14 billion year, give or take. If your assertion were correct, then the universe would be about 26 billion light years across. It's not. The universe is estimated to be 93 billion light years across. You forgot to account for inflation -- nothing can go faster than the speed of light in space, but space has been cheating and creating more space in between everything.

So it's basically like paying off the mafia, god is an extortion scam?

Empty space doesn't need to travel, but i understand what you're saying.

Yeah basically. Like the emperor in Roman times or a king etc

False. More space is being created, pushing things apart faster than the speed of light. And that tells us absolutely nothing about what's beyond the observable horizon, there could be anything out there, including other Big Bangs.

If I burn down my own shop, will god pay me off?

Also this

Because we can only see so far out into the universe due to the constraints of the speed of light, we effectively become the center of the universe. No one direction is farther away than another. Chew on that.

Depends on what god dude, and if there is one

Your bank will and jews are basically gods anyway.

Replace corporate personhood with bank godhood

The universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, which means eventually all the galaxies we can see in the sky will pass the observable horizon, and vanish forever until eventually the universe we can observe and reach will only consist of the combined Milky Way/Andromeda Galaxy, or if the collisions ejects us, just the Solar System.