Is everything quantum?

Is everything quantum?

There needs to be a way to differentiate between quantum and everything. So, there needs to be a new branch of science, and this science will be called it.

Attached: 135009966569.jpg (737x452, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/19268-quantum-double-slit-experiment-largest-molecules.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

quantum niggertronics

You clearly don't understand quantum physics.

Sorry it's not called it, it's called quantum.

Oh and also then you explain it smartass?

It literally means really small. Quantum refers to waves and particles, the smallest pieces of reality. Quantum physics is the study of what happens in the world of the very small, because shit gets weird, there.

Sorry I understand you're after a joke here but it's very very dumb. Because the differentiation is mind blastingly simple.

Right so the differentiation between quantum physics and physics is the quantum. So quantum is a new science. You diddly daddly gid jib.

drink coca-cola

Attached: 73041fc351f4313dcf905c9d6d16a1d7.jpg (400x300, 15K)

You're either a shity troll or really fucking stupid.

You don't get it. The problem is you. How can I say this any other way. Quantum is not physics. Quantum is different than physics. Quantum=/=Physics. Are you normally this braindead?

Nonquantum stuff usually is called "classical" eg. classical physics, classical optics, classical mechanics

youre the one who brings nothing but value, mr intellectual, "hurr durr u r troll" sure is a great argument.

Attached: 10427301_1536819316548024_5657591300997822423_n.jpg (445x691, 37K)

Go clean your room

only energy levels

Here's the thing though. If you're right, then classical physics is different than physics and is also different than quantum physics.

And that would mean we could apply quantum to any category we have. So there's quantum physics, quatum you, quantum fun. Is there quantum quantum?

Ugh this baits so juicy. I can't resist.
No faggot physics is the workings of the universe. It's all the same. Quantum, mechanical, Astro, it just means which part you're studying.

Consider a free particle. In quantum mechanics, a free matter is described by a wave function. The particle properties of the matter become apparent when we measure its position and velocity. The wave properties of the matter become apparent when we measure its wave properties like interference. The wave–particle duality feature is incorporated in the relations of coordinates and operators in the formulation of quantum mechanics. Since the matter is free (not subject to any interactions), its quantum state can be represented as a wave of arbitrary shape and extending over space as a wave function. The position and momentum of the particle are observables. The Uncertainty Principle states that both the position and the momentum cannot simultaneously be measured with complete precision. However, one can measure the position (alone) of a moving free particle, creating an eigenstate of position with a wave function that is very large (a Dirac delta) at a particular position x, and zero everywhere else.

Attached: outrun-min_large.jpg (480x270, 18K)

Alright dung harvesting twat, you're wrong. Because Same can be differentiated from quantum. That difference being the entanglement.

Quantum glows blue and makes your pee do the same thing. Regular is just brown, cherry is red...point is it's easy to tell

not op here.
what exactly is the biggest thing the double slit experiment would work with?

A photon

I don't know. I'm a layman.
probably this, he seems confident.

But I'm the type that'll tend towards "oh it's like computer rendering. So if no one can see the trees behind you theyre in super state! Cool!"
I also don't know fuck all about quantum physics outside of the most basic explanations and I'm aware it probably doesn't work at all like that.

Anyway, the universe is a simulation and superstate saves memory.

Well if you want to describe everything as quantum, then there would need to be a quantum everything. But this isn't the case because quantum is different than everything. This is why you're wrong.

Nevermind looked it up. They've done it with molecules numbering up to 100 atoms. They were mind blasted but yeah, they haven't quite found the threshold. So far they just say such large complex molecules is "really pushing it".

Also on thinking (still a layman) I'm pretty sure I read once that helium atoms have been observed to behave weird, like they're in superstate, but when observed to take on a position, but also leave evidence of regular state in the past which suggests they corrected there state even through time so their current position actually makes sense.
I don't know where I saw that.
Sorry man, I'm a guesser like you. I'm afraid I have to say "do your own research" but in a humble I don't know, way.

Well, no.
livescience.com/19268-quantum-double-slit-experiment-largest-molecules.html
But I don't know if that are the biggest things.

small number of things: they do quantum shit

large number of things: they also do quantum shit, but there's so many that the shit they do becomes incoherent and impossible to tell apart, making it look macroscopic and classical

There's got to be a way to differentiate quantum, and shit. You know what takes care of shit? Fungi.

I was asking because this user
said
>the differentiation is mind blastingly simple
and I think op isn't a fag.

Lol they're called classical Newtonian physics asshole quantum only enters talking about small particles it high frequencies

>an eigenstate of position
The Dirac delta isn't a function, and there are no eigenfunctions of position. It is a distribution, but doesn't exist as a physical state.

not the double-slit experiment directly, but similar types of experiments will work if you can build coherent superpositions involving your constituents so that they can exhibit interference. If you really want the whole object to experience the effect at once (and not, say, 100000 atoms that all experience it at the same time but not as a singular entity), then you need to build true multi-body entanglement involving all the pieces of the thing you care about. Doing this purposefully is quite hard; even for 10-20 atoms/molecules, success has been quite limited, and most experiments wouldn't even try because they have no chance in hell. Of course, this doesn't mean that you CAN'T see superposition/interference effects from a giant macroscopic object of 10^23 atoms. It's just nearly impossible because no experiment can make the relevant states artificially, and nature would never do it because it prefers thermalization/chaotic dynamics.

You're still wrong. Do you enjoy being wrong all the time, every time? A Quantum is the smallest something something can be, riiiighttt? Nope. Always wrong, it's misdefined. Because the entanglement itself is something that's smaller than the quantized thing.

>classical Newtonian physics
You mean old timey retard physics?
General relativity is where its at.

Attached: b22221db.jpg (1600x900, 183K)

I'm both those anons, and that's what it means. The study of physics on an extremely small scale.
100 atom molecules are still microscopic.

Relativity is wrong TOO. You know why? Because gravity isn't a part of spacetime. So when you differentiate the two, you're just left with gravity. Gravity > Relativity. Easy.

All matter is energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively,there's no such thing as death, life is a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (827x827, 108K)

>extremely small scale
Ah, ok.
But still I share op's question, or what does 'extremely small scale' mean exactly? Is there a number, like 10nm or such?

>double slit

im gonna need to crop that pic

Ok, smallness is a property of an object, and object can have multiple properties. That's why quantum isn't everything, because there's more properties to it.

>youre welcome

Attached: fixed.jpg (670x433, 134K)

Oh and if the fuckin aliens working at google don't remove all my work, then I would like to say that my name is Michael Barry. I like credit. Don't you?

>Ok so it all started when we went shopping for a magnet for a demonstration on liquid body armor. We wanted to show that a magnetic field could cause certain liquids to behave as solids. Along with the petri dishes and iron filings we needed, the Steve Spangler Science catalog had a neodymium magnet it described as "super strong." We ordered our supplies, hoping that the magnet would be powerful enough to create an effect we could capture on film.

>The magnet didn't just transform our iron-and-oil fluid into a solid -- sometimes, its pull on the fluid cracked the petri dish holding it. Once, the magnet unexpectedly flew out of a videographer's hand and into a dish full of dry filings, which required considerable ingenuity to remove. It also adhered itself so firmly to the underside of a metal table that we had to use a pair of locking pliers to retrieve it. When we decided it would be safer to keep the magnet in a pocket between takes, people wound up momentarily stuck to the table, a ladder and the studio door.

>Around the office, the magnet became an object of curiosity and the subject of impromptu experiments. Its uncanny strength and its tendency to suddenly and noisily jump from unwary grips to the nearest metal surface got us thinking. We all knew the basics of magnets and magnetism -- magnets attract specific metals, and they have north and south poles. Opposite poles attract each other while like poles repel. Magnetic and electrical fields are related, and magnetism, along with gravity and strong and weak atomic forces, is one of the four fundamental forces in the universe.

>But none of those facts led to an answer to our most basic question. What exactly makes a magnet stick to certain metals? By extension, why don't they stick to other metals? Why do they attract or repel each other, depending on their positioning? And what makes neodymium magnets so much stronger than the ceramic magnets we played with as children?

Attached: the_alley.jpg (540x540, 148K)

Your wrists

I'm sorry to inform you user, but your post wasn't particularly funny. Please consider taking your time and reading your posts back to yourself the next time you're thinking of contributing to the Yea Forums imageboard. Perhaps you could spend more time on editing, or have a brainstorming session where you write down some ideas; you'd be surprised at what you can do when you put your mind to it! I hope this criticism was constructive and will help you in the future to make posts that you and everybody else can enjoy together :)

You want to know what makes magnets attract each other do you? Well that's what attraction is. The force of attraction. That means attraction is a force.

As the other post went (and information I googled for that post). They don't know the threshold. They've done 100 atom molecules and believe that's "pushing it".

Those are good questions, however, did you know that there is a lot about magnets at the atomic level that isn't known yet

who wants some hardcore D action in her V region

How does it feel to know that nobody actually likes you? Like, they tolerate you and let you join in their fun, and maybe they even call you their friend, but really they just put up with you because they're afraid that if they abandon you like the rest of society has, you'll blow your head off or shoot up a mall or something. You're sitting there smirking, thinking I'm so wrong, but just remember what I've said here next time you see the people who you believe to honestly enjoy your company, and just see if you don't see the occasional flare of annoyance and hatred in their eyes whenever you speak. Perhaps one day you'll just wise up and drown yourself in the bathtub, but that is unlikely, seeing as you are so far up your own ass that the water could never possibly penetrate your shit-filled nostrils. Enjoy your mediocre, loveless existence.

Attached: 1459215543183.jpg (720x960, 189K)

>what does 'extremely small scale' mean exactly?

What separates the classical from the quantum is the DeBroglie wavelength of a particle with mass m and kinetic energy KT or h/sqrt(mkT), and I left out some factors of pi, but that gives a good estimate. If the length you are talking about is bigger, it is classical.

This is well known and derived in any undergraduate textbook on quantum statistical mechanics.

Attached: 1563136371162.png (672x372, 155K)