I am an atheist I don’t believe in god prove to me that god exists give me evidence pro tip you can’t

I am an atheist I don’t believe in god prove to me that god exists give me evidence pro tip you can’t

Attached: FA670CDD-9DD4-4622-B818-F42CD6589463.jpg (700x605, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwyvvxNvqQ
wallstreetinsanity.com/3-year-old-claims-to-remember-who-killed-him-in-past-life-leads-police-to-body/
youtu.be/WDEBz25lGdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dumb faggot. No one cares

The God that Christians talk about isn't really God. It's the personification of God. It's like, when you think of a swamp or ocean -- those bodies of water can be thought of as having "personality"

So can God.

God is merely "Truth itself"

Reread the stories as though God is simply "Truth" (all that is) and it will all make sense.

"All that is" has a personality, but only like a swamp, lake, river or ocean has a personality.

If you honor it, you'll fare better than if you don't.

That is, the Truth.

We ALL contend with the Truth, daily -- some people try to put their idea of the truth AHEAD of the truth. They often get hurt (or get others hurt) because, well, the Truth is the Truth and it is unbendable.

Attached: C3E065FA-9A02-48C2-A535-7F3B8625BE70.gif (480x287, 667K)

the thing about god is that, specifically the god of abraham, you dont need proof he exists thats just apart of his nature. You dont question him because you wouldnt understand the answers, 'he knows better'. You cant question why he doesnt stop bad things from happening because everything terrible that happens, happens because of the devil, or because it was meant to happen and its a part of his 'plan'. And everytime something good happens it's because he allows it. It's a nice little brain fuck, the people who came up with this were smart as hell.

God has 3 personalities.

After I had finished Reading the Bible the only conclusion I came up with was that god is a dick

god is a pedophile psycho

Part of the reason I’m an atheist

Truth doesn't create universes or commit genocide or care about mixed fabrics.

Prove to me that god DOESN'T exist. How about that.

And then, when you realise you can't no matter how hard you try, you'll realise agnosticism is the only stance that makes sense

Religion functions pretty much like a catch 22, and the only reason it is still in existence is because of the 'leap of faith' bullshit that uses ignorance in place of facts.

>Only thinking in terms of a Western God.

There's no reason to believe in an Eastern God either.

Whatever you say reddit mod.

Attached: 1565306368036.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Attached: lNmw6pL.jpg (574x545, 137K)

Imagine being an atheist, when there's so many things pointing to there being a God.

Atheists are just leftists cucks who jerk off to gfur threads and thinks up arguements in the shower.

Attached: y4qp4.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>so many things
That's wrong though.

Read it and read up on who the author is.

Attached: 41x3Izj17zL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (322x499, 21K)

What makes you think that it couldn't or hasn't?

Of course you can't, that's like saying prove love or happiness exist.

Yep, I know who he is. Nothing he presents is evidence for a god.

Prove to me that a God doesn't exist faggot. Imagine criticizing people for making conclusions with no evidence when you do exactly that. Agnosticism is the correct path.

Because truth is a concept, not an entity capable of action.

Then you didn't read the book.

Science proves that there is no god

Why athiest though? Ever explore taoism, confucianism, neither have gods, or settling with agnosticism? Are ypu so certain of things that cant be proven or disproven that youre willing to lose any and all safeguards against cthulu?

Religious people, genuine question:
Where does your knowledge of God come from?

How?

That is the most obnoxious statement i've ever heard.

Attached: 1567593522531.jpg (1080x1127, 213K)

Or his arguments simply are not compelling.

I have in fact explored the other religions as well it’s why I am very sure if my stance

For christians: the recordings of the disciples who god spoke through.
For greeks: their pantheon
For all others: belief.

Our reality is a concept m8. You assume that God is an actual being like Jackie Chan and not a grander idea that we should all he striving towards.

Evolution the Big Bang, geological evidence

There exists no evidence of God.

Provide me with one example of what you consider evidence of God in that book, and I will discuss it with you, calmly and openly, with no assumptions, if you can promise to do the same.

Fair enough, why criticize others for not having the same (dis)belief as you? Or demand proof outside of an already existential thought?

God is just a metaphor and religion is a tecnique to bring you to truth, fullfillment and happiness.
That's why Yea Forums didn't exist in the middle ages

A top dna and genetics scientists arguements are not good enough for some lurker ?

Correct. When it comes to genetics the man is brilliant. When it comes to apologetics he fails hard. Arguments stand or fall on their own merits.

All theories, like God. Or a grand design, or Brahman taking the forms of many gods and their avatars. Just theories...not facts. Science is objectively compelled to question itself isnt it?

This motherfucker gets it

One of those is as real as the Christan god

Because I don’t understand how with so much evidence that anyone could believe in such crazy things to me religion is not helpful but harmful

They are all proven unlike god

So to address these
>For christians: the recordings of the disciples who god spoke through.
How can you be sure that the men who wrote the documents were, in fact, spoken through by God?
>For greeks: their pantheon
The pantheon was a building built by people. If the building was designed to contain the knowledge of God (or in this case gods) whence came the builders' knowledge of God?
>For all others: belief.
You cannot acquire knowledge through belief. You can give yourself the impression but knowledge without source is called imagination.

Reality is a thing with dimensions. You can define God as some metaphorical ideal if that floats your boat, but I find that useless.

Prove to me that truth, beauty, math, any other abstract concept, exists. Provide evidence. Pro tip you can't.

Atheism and fundamentalism are two faces of the same coin. Two very superficial readings of the Bible and of theological teachings.

>Big bang
>Proven
You're taking just as big a leap of faith as Muslims do with Allah

Youre assuming religion is viewed in the same way by everyone. Some people find religion to ease the burdens of an unknowable future, is that harmful? Others used religion to escape presecution (like the settlers) was that harmful? Hating organized religion because it has done poorly in the past and applying that status to all religion and all religious peoples would be the same as me assuming you are wearing a fedora and have a greasy neckbeard...its ignorance and fallacy.

Attached: atheism-19415.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Theories capable of prediction based on observable phenomena, thus completely unlike God, a grand design, or Brahman taking the forms of many gods and their avatars. Theology is theories based on incredulity and tautology. Science is theories based on things we can verify.

>Is that harmful
Yes.

Nope, the fact that a massive expansion event occurred from a singularity is verifiably true.

Allah is a monster just like god the Big Bang has been proven there are papers doing so

That's why it's called the big bang theory and not the big bang fact.

Says the guy quoting from books and articles without a clue how they reached those conclusions.

Sounds like faith to me

>again it cant be proven or not, faith is the decider in religious people, not facts.
>a pantheon is a group of gods, look it up. The pantheon is the religious structure given its name for the idea that it housed said gods
>wouldnt that make belief more powerful than facts? So if something powerful enough to invoke dedication to an unknown exists is it not then creating said God in its own image?

You're right. These faggots can't deter from an idea that's supposed to be a bunch of human characteristics in a retarded form I.e yahweh/ allah and the physical description which is nothing more than a symbolic interpretation.

In the end i know there's a god and nothing will ever change that.
>Imagine being an edgy atheist.

Religion has caused war just look at the crusaders death Bloody Mary killed the protostins not to mention the deaths because of the Muslims killing the jews and vise versa in the Middle East also easing the burden of the future is letting people be delusional grow up and stop believing in an imaginary friend

Smart? Sounds like they just tried to bullshit the logical questions they couldn't explain.

>Truth
Easy. If something is self evident it is by necessity true. It cannot be untrue if it is it's own evidence, therefore truth exists.

>Beauty
Is subjective and not really something the hard scientists spend much time on.

>Math
Mathematics are a system for expressing self evident relationships between quantifiable objects, phenomena or concepts. Math exists because these relationships exist.

Truth and math are concrete concepts, you seem to only have a vague idea of what the words 'abstract concepts' mean. Beauty is one. Truth and math are not.

>I believe (implying no proof)
>prove to me

That’s not how faith/belief works, shithead.

Attached: 17B8A85A-BC6A-4036-8471-8A07799F86D0.jpg (632x480, 45K)

god is a nigger

In the realm of the universe we believe we understand.
Ghosts have been documented but by all the science in the world they shouldnt be able to exist.

Faith and belief are not equivalent.

Ghosts haven't been documented.

How are they not...faith id having faith in something, not basing truths on it, believing is the same, a belief not a factual assumption.

That's perfectly okay, the problem is the ignorance that is inherently taught with major religions and the use of it as a system to 'replace' facts you don't agree with. (global warming for example)

Havnt you ever watched ghost adventures?

Theories in science are systems of explanation for verifiable phenomena that can be tested. Big bang fits this.

>Ghosts have been documented
Accounts of people perceiving things which have never been recorded have been documented, you mean. If it can interact with the human eye it can interact with a camera.

Wouldnt the same be true about science then?

Belief is merely an acceptance that something is true, regardless of how you came to accept it. I believe the Earth orbits the Sun.

Kek

Without God/religion atheists don't exist. See God created you even your identity.

>Imagine asking for physical evidence of the metaphysical or vice versa

First tell me what color your soul is.

Without theism atheism wouldn't be a meaningful label. It's sad that we live in a world where we need a label for something functionally identical to not believing in unicorns.

>After I had finished Reading the Bible the only conclusion I came up with was that god is a dick

Agree. If god is real. Fuck him.

Attached: Buddy_christ.jpg (370x284, 33K)

>implying souls exist

this

It can be demonstrated that humans are imperfect and it can be demonstrated that the accounts of the humans who wrote the Bible were inconsistent and contradictory, and therefore the Bible is not a reliable source for knowledge of God.

The pantheon is also a building, look it up. If you are saying the group of gods gave the Greeks the knowledge of gods, then I would ask how you know this?

No it would not make belief more powerful than facts. Belief is just a positively connoted version of imagination. Saying "I learned through belief, and came upon facts" is tantamount to saying "I learned through imagining facts". The imagination only has power within the mind.

>it can be demonstrated that the accounts of the humans who wrote the Bible were inconsistent and contradictory

Attached: 1360336625247.png (3327x4418, 1.74M)

All trolling aside, I hope you guys feel a little sorry for people who have bought into religion. Just imagine devoting yourself to some nonsense that someone made up. The ultimate cuckery.

No, because scientific principles have been detected, recorded, captured, and demonstrated to hold true to the theories used to explain them so that, in the same circumstances, they can be detected, recorded, captured and demonstrated in the same ways. Ghosts have not, because they have not been recorded at all. No evidence exists for Ghosts, only testimony, any claims at evidence have failed to be replicable. Evidence exists for most scientific theories which can be repeatedly observed under the same circumstances.

Wait I can create an anti unicorn religion and then never stop talking about unicorns. Try spitting out some positive shit about Atheism instead of obsessing on God.

I feel the most sorry for people who were indoctrinated into religion as children.

Same. It's very sad

All atheism is, is not believing in gods. If theists would stop trying to shove gods down our throats, killing us, etc. then we'd shut the fuck up about it.

Preach (forgive the pun).

The worst is when they are so indoctrinated that they believe there is evidence that God MUST exist like Aquinas, whose whole argument is based upon an unproven premise.

Now you sound like a faggot complaining about breeders.

Why are you using the word "god" in the singular? Thousands of gods have been fabricated. Never miss an opportunity to remind godtards that their favourite god is just as fake as the thousands of other gods that they know are fake.

Attached: Lono.jpg (214x250, 9K)

Now even if we assumed that the big bang theory stands as a fact (which it doesn't, but let's pretend it does) we still have no fucking clue as to what was before that. And since we cannot disprove the existence of a creator being of some sort, we also can't assume it doesn't exist. All we can do is confess our ignorance on the matter, and that's ok. We aren't meant to know everything

And the Official Thread Retard emerges.

Attached: otr.jpg (1250x700, 62K)

What do you mean that truth and math are concrete concepts? Are you saying that these concepts are fundamental to the universe regardless if humans existed or not? There is a metaphysical world that underpins this universe, which provides the conceptual grounds upon which we try to make sense of this world... Not a very compelling argument, but this would follow that a deisitc god entity must exist metaphysically simply because we have the conception of a god. If we have a purely material world, and humans are the product of a material world, and so are our brains, and our minds, then so too our thoughts... The thoughts are then bound only to what is part of the universe, or the universe is what produces our thoughts.

I can but it would take a lot of effort on you part and I don't think you'd want to put in the time.

Attached: star brain.jpg (562x421, 33K)

Try me

make the effort to find him yourself faggot

Concepts map to reality (or don't in the case of the imaginary). Concepts wouldn't exist without minds, but the reality those concepts map to still would.

Prove to me that I didn't eat breakfast this morning. See why that's idiotic. No one can prove a negative.

Attached: proving-a-negative.png (687x284, 12K)

>inb4 sincere prayer

A basic premise of rational thinking is that whoever makes a claim carries the burden of proof. Thus, it is not for anyone to "disprove" the claim of god. It is for the believer to carry that burden of proving god's existence.

Philosophically, the argument about whether or not god exists is dead. It has long been solved. Not sure why you guys keep talking about it so much. Clearly those who are religious are not using reason to inform their beliefs so why do you think reason will change their minds?

>Crusading Distance
Lost

Attached: cat - kitten off to battle.png (600x450, 472K)

eh I'm agnostic, mainly because I'm indifferent. But the universe is so big I really don't want to cancel out the possibility that bigger things are out there. But you're probably right, there most likely isn't a god. And even if there is, probably not that of any Abrahamic religions.

I think another reason I'm agnostic and not atheist is because I'm scared of what comes after death. Nothingness terrifies me. I've always expected to be reincarnated or something but I've recently realized that nothing will most likely happen after death. It's horrifying, but at least helps me manage my suicidal tendencies.

Attached: 037b0c3dc15bf7184044dd794a336341c93a156d_hq.jpg (1024x585, 57K)

Because there is evidence that it does. Surprisingly, there are believers who are unaware that their reasons for believing are unsound. It isn't the case for all believers of course, but it is for a nonzero subset.

Fine

>the Big Bang
How does the universe having a stating point deny the existence of God?

Good post. Honest. My advice: Embrace this life - do not worry about a nothingness after. You won't be conscious to realize you have ceased to exist.

Here's a nice theory

Attached: infinite.jpg (1108x1009, 523K)

This is proof that god did not make the earth or the creatures in it

>You won't be conscious to realize you have ceased to exist.

That sentence is strangely comforting.

> My advice: Embrace this life

That's what my dad has been telling me and he's a very wise man :)

Attached: large-3.jpg (613x767, 88K)

>big bang theory
>stands as a fact
You don't know what those words mean.

>we still have no fucking clue as to what was before that
You don't understand the theory

>we cannot disprove the existence of a creator
"We" don't have to. The party making the extraordinary claim must provide the extraordinary evidence.

>we also can't assume it doesn't exist

We sure can! Look! I'm doing it right now!

>All we can do is confess our ignorance on the matter
Well, we can make fun of boobs who believe in magic invisible sky people...

Woah that's pretty out there but very interesting to think about :)

Attached: e10d56910a6c3b8e8a2676c350658b391d87e40c_hq.jpg (720x632, 50K)

I like you. You are legit. Please find a way past your suicidal thoughts. Do something really great with your life and enjoy it. Leave the world a little better by you having been here. All the best mi amigo.

Yikes, this is awful. Life continues in the sense that the living feed on the dead, but other than that this is nonsense.

Well first, which god should i disprove?

Thanks fellow user. I'll take your words to heart

Attached: 5b30126566b5fa33983fe8b089b721a2.jpg (630x786, 57K)

God is a woman.
So by saying you don't believe in god you are saying that you don't believe in women.
Women exist so god exists.
Also by not believing in women you don't support women, which makes you a sexist. And I don't think your Leftist echo chamber would like to find out they have a sexist in their safe space.

If no Homan ever existed, the concept that truth is would still be extant. Things would still be, truth refers to things being as they are.

Quantities would still exist and they would share the same relationships. If new minds developed they would eventually discover the same mathematical laws. This math is concrete.

>god = true
>checkmate atheists

They wouldnt discover the same math. 3000 years ago people used a math far different from ours. So much so modern mathematics cant describe it

Would all minds come to the same concepts? If so, why the continuity from mind to mind? If humans died out and another species gained as much or more consciousness as humans, would they discover/invent (whichever for argument's sake) the same concepts as we? Why?

It's not about trying. It's about doing. It takes genuine commitment and work. I'm wishing I hadn't posted. A casual thread on Yea Forums isn't really a good forum for this.

And, no, it's not Scientology or a cult of any sort. It has nothing to do with drugs. It's a method that has shown the true nature of God to millions over centuries. No religion is involved unless you want it to be. It leaves no question as to God's existence and nature. Pic semi-related.

Attached: discovery.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

(citation needed)

All minds don't come to same concepts, no, which is why people disagree on things like the meaning of truth.

Being a self proclaimed Atheist I find is even more annoying than a devout good boy Christ fag. If you say you're atheist, you straight up just haven't thought about it enough. Anybody who isn't on the fence should be critiqued in this because both sides are retarded.

jebus ain't real, true, but the bigger problem is all the money the gubmint lets the church just get away with. fuck the 700 club, fuck that monkey pat robertson, fuck the pope, and fuck the niggers from hundreds of years ago that let these charlatans convince the general populace that the church needs to be a monolithic institution fueled by the average man

Not my thing. I live in the American South and hateful Christians will always tell smarter people, "I'm praying for you." They have no idea how insulting and arrogant they are.

Attached: i speak for god.jpg (500x447, 65K)

Fuck on my phone at work. However Aronra has a series on refuting irrefutable evidence on god where he explains this and many other interesting facts. If i remember when i get home ill post a link to further research i did myself.

I lived in Texas all my life and nobody has ever said they'd pray for me lol

This

Someone help me encompass what it means to die. The prospect of nothingness without awareness being an infinite state is something I cannot comprehend.

If you think you have a foolproof method of knowing a god exists, I think you are arrogant.

I live in New Mexico, people say that shit all the time, but NM is a particularly Catholic state, so I don't know if that makes any difference.

You can't buy liquor on Sundays? because you can't here.

Any believer could say God is behind all of this. Who caused the Big Bang?

If one defines God as The Creator, then he would somehow have to exist as long as there is a creation. Maybe God is some quantum element out there that caused the Big Bang?

A lot depends on how one defines God than any subjective nature God may have (assuming he exists). In most ways Man has created God in Man's image.

If such is the case then all religions are failing miserably.

Based song about OPs pick. Its reality in a nutshell

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwyvvxNvqQ

Living Spirit ever present with loving intelligence.

Either way, he talks about trying to reconcile the ages listed on the kings tablet, or stone, and he give a solution that seemingly does just that. However he also states his error, being the modest science minded individual he is, that because of that math used in those times that he and other mathematicians cant even begin to understand the functionality of the math used then. This is due to the lack of a concept of the number "0". Using instead increments of "6". In some way that baffels the fuck out of me.

>Being a priest is the same as living on neetbux
I always thought the churches were tax exempt so they could use that money to help the poor in their communities.

The fact you are alive right now proves death isn't infinite.

Nope

BWaaahaaahaa. I guess they've given up on you.

How do you figure?

What were you before you were born?

so he doesn't understand the concept of base-6 numbering? that's not exactly difficult to figure out. besides, that just changes the numbers, not the math behind them. if you have 10 goats, and take away 4, you'll always wind up with 6 goats left.

It does if you're a boy aged 10-12.

Attached: let us prey.jpg (175x175, 7K)

>I don't understand it
>must be true

Pretty much the polar opposite of a scientific argument.

I'm from TN and we can't, either.

Non-existent

Forever?

Churches are registered as charities, so yes, that's the idea. But the corruption, especially in the larger churches shows it's not how the big money gets used, but no politician who cares about his/her career would go anywhere near the idea of taxing church donations, and your chances of being audited as a charity are virtual nil, so it's a festering pit of conmen

2 goats. Remember, it's base 6.

Since time began, yes.

Out of the 6000 religions invented since the beginning of time theists usually only believe in one. Statistically everyone is an atheist.

Religion is a product of era and geography. Reset all time and geography and all science turns out the same but all religions, culture and language turn out different.

Suck it theists.

I notice you didn't say "wrong", but "arrogant".

I disagree with theists on principal.. the best you can hope to be is agnostic.

you can't know everything and decide there's nothing. you don't know.. Nobody does. It's an absolute and not possible.

However, if we break the word down.. it means without theism. That means you don't believe in a creator / judge god. I can dig that..

I can't stand the militant atheists that have to tell everyone their stupid.. you don't know everything.. it's not possible.. there could be something.. who fucking knows.. leave people alone.

Since you haven't detailed the method, I can't say it is wrong. It almost certainly is though.

You can buy on Sundays but only after 1pm or something like that. plus there's a weekly curfew, you can't buy alcohol past 11pm

Holy shit, this really hits home....

Infinity means forever, so if you were non-existant for infinity before you were born, then you being alive right now proves infinite non-existance is impossible. Death is the lie.

Why cant atheist define atheism?

You can't convince someone who isn't willing to be convinced

No. If you didn't exist from the beginning of time to birth and are then dead from death to the end of time (if there is such a thing), then death would still be very real.

Defined here

You can't convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced.

It's been proven mathematically that something can come from nothing. Given an infinite amont of time a quantum bubble arises in which a universe is possible.

Once the energy (stars/gravity) is expended in this universe it will slowly collapse and life won't exist again for maybe a gogolplex amount of "years"

What happened before the big bang?

Time is a construct created by man. Time itself is non existent

Yeah im not one of these mathematicians im speaking about nor do i claim to be as well versed in the subject. That is changing the numbers sure but they in the video i spoke of explain how the math is different. And you know how us atheist are about the meanings of words. They speak of the difference in mathematics not numbers

What makes you think there is a before?

Here’s video footage of you ever since arising from your bed. In none of it are you eating. Q.E.D.

There was no space so there was no time. Infinite didn't exist before that point. After it there was matter, hence mass, hence time started.

*they're

Were all just a battery powering a ship created by Rick Sanchez

There's more to life than just the three dimensions are body lets us perceive. There may not be a god but there is certainly something else in my opinion. Convincing yourself otherwise (aka atheism) is both arrogant and ignorant. The whole "worship yourself" mentality most commonly pushed by you atheists is the reason society is so stupidly hedonistic, narcisistic and fucked in the first place. Don't you think the scholars of the old times, the people who ruminated on religion for virtually their whole lives know a bit more than you? Do you seriously believe (considering all the mysteries the universe has presented) that this is all there is?

And look at the atomic bomb. A creation of pure science that caused more destruction in an instant than years of religion. How about the torturous experiments conducted throughout history in the name of science? Arguing about the negatives of an idea will get us nowhere. So let's talk about the positives

No details, so it must be wrong. There is a whole universe of topics that can't be covered in a Yea Forums post. Why would anyone want to have a conversation with you?

Attached: butthurt cream.jpg (640x640, 55K)

>gogolplex
>10^1050

That's too long. I get bored easily.

shut up.. you dont know how many beers i've had.

They can and do. This old saw hasn't been funny in a couple of years.

Underrated post

Point taken. We need a human reference to talk about something like this. It's why I put "years" in quotes.

No "time" elapsed till the bubble was formed and universe created.

Being alive disproves infinite death. You can't prove you weren't alive before, unfortunately neither can I, but it's a better theory than religion has.

What if they get laid?

user I can say a voice in my head said I should believe and only trust in it. Does that make the voice real?

Here's the difference:. I accept that I don't know everything. You think that you do know that there's "something else" (whatever that means). The scholars of the old times were wrong about a great many things.

Good call. Literally just finished rewatching that episode 5 min ago.

The math will never be different.

If in 1 million years on a distant star a new sentient suppressors starts using a system of counting and quantity manipulation, the fundamental files of the relationships between quantities will not have changed because they are universal and immutable.

7 will always be a prime, no matter what system, people will eventually realise that certain quantities cannot be wholly split (divided, separated) into any other numbers of groups but one and themselves. That fact is a self evident one. It doesn't matter what system is used to do the counting, discreet quantities will always exist because they exist in reality.

Hmmmm. What do you mean by "you"? What do you think human essence is? Not baiting or being facetious. Conservation of matter and energy would state that the stuff we're made from and the energy it took to put us together has been here forever.

>life won't exist again for maybe a gogolplex amount of "years"

Time doesn't exist in nothingness user, "years" is but a moment

But as user above pointed out without humans or our solar reference days don't exist so it could also be considered to happen instantly.

I didn't say it must be wrong, I said it almost certainly is. If it wasn't wrong, then it would have to be some closely guarded secret or else it would be well established and this argument wouldn't be happening.

>leave people alone
Nice idea, but broken because humans depend on each other. Every vote counts and if a mass of anti-science morons votes for an anti-science moron because their religious leaders prefer that candidate, we all suffer.

Religions that are not at odds with science are ok, but the ones running the show in the most powerful country in history are vehemently against evidence-based decision making and it is leading us down a path of mutual destruction.

You are NOT entitled to believe whatever you want, you are entitled to believe what you can defend. Magic sky monsters are not defensible.

You're right in this case, but it's easy to show someone when they're not putting a car tire on correctly, or find an error in code. They may never admit to error, but it can be proven they are wrong.

being an atheist can also mean not being an obnoxious douchebag about being an atheist too.

Attached: 2 cents.jpg (1024x622, 127K)

You weren't dead before you were born, you didn't exist. Being dead implies having been alive at some point. We don't say rocks are dead.

excellently explained

Actually there have been loads of cases of children proven they've been reincarnated

wallstreetinsanity.com/3-year-old-claims-to-remember-who-killed-him-in-past-life-leads-police-to-body/

Good question. I've thought about this a lot and I'm thinking there was the "Big Wait". Lots of holes in that theory, but there all in all related ones, too.

I got green texted sweet..

well my magic sky monster beat up your magic sky monster so..

I don't see religion in politics right now anyway, at least in the US.. middle east.. those guys are nuts. At least we tried..

There is no "before" the big bang. That's like asking "what's north of the north pole?"

"You" are basically an illusion, an emergent property of your brain to create a sense of continuity for constantly changing matter and energy. The matter and energy of which you are composed at any given moment hasn't been created or destroyed, but it certainly hasn't always been you and it won't be you again.

>infinite non-existence
This has a very low SNR.
What it boils down to us you are alive, therefore you're not dead. Big whoop.

Or...are you attempting to generalize an individuals temporary existence to prove the existence of something else?

Anyway, very low SNR on this post.

Attached: the big bang.jpg (642x472, 175K)

It's the coding used to keep "life" tethered to a particular space. Wouldn't want the prisoners escaping now would we

How do you know that's me? Witnessing isn't necessarily proof. Ask any criminal attorney.

Correct, but in this case atheists cannot be proven wrong, as there is no proof of God.

>It's been proven mathematically that something can come from nothing

By whom, exactly?

Attached: 1539570492766.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Carl Sagan, in his humble effort to show how faith (in God) reveals a fundamental flaw in using faith as a way to explain concepts of time and the universe - said if we accept that the universe has always existed then we can dispense with the middleman idea of an immortal superbeing manipulating reality. Which makes more sense? I have to go with Sagan. Why would an immortal god condemn finite sins to infinite torture because he refuses to play peekaboo with his creations.

What's north of the North Pole?
What's the sound of one hand clapping?

See? I can make grammatically correct nonsense too!

Biblecucks
If God is eternity, then why did it take him forever to create us?

God=infinite

Unless something else created God?

How do you know this? Sounds more like faith.Someone with my exact genetics may very well have lived or will live in the future. Only the time is different.

Attached: 83d.jpg (513x510, 29K)

>What's north of the North Pole?
Polaris.
>What's the sound of one hand clapping?
The sound of one hand not clapping?

Thank you. I also have made an example using base-1

The primes thing is true of ANY quantity manipulation system. Even base 1, the earliest counting system. A dot is only separable into a dot

Dot dot can be separated into dot groups of dot dot or dot dot groups of dot in such a way that all groups contain the same quantities.

Seven dots can only be- I mean you get this right? No matter the discreet quantity signifier, certain discreet quantities can never change how they interact with other quantities.

Evidence is how I know it. Evidence that what makes you "you" is physical. That someone with identical genetics could exist doesn't matter any more than identical twins do. Experiences shape you in addition to genetics. Even if there was a person with identical genetics and identical experiences, they likely wouldn't be you in a way you would find satisfying.

Non-existant I mean.

Well how about that, some proof of this theory.

Is the afterlife forever? Is the before-life forever?

No one can prove anything because Amy system of logical requires pre-agreed axioms that the system itself cannot prove. If we agree on a system capable of proving God, atheists have already lost and vice-versa. Hence why argument is pointless.

No, it's not coding. It's self evident. It is reality, the nature of discreet quantities. No matter the universe, no matter the number of dimensions, no matter the energy level, discreet quantities interact the same way. Math is not abstract. It exists

So what are you arguing for? Obviously there is a time during which we exist. That says nothing about the times during which we don't exist.

>be atheist

Attached: jews did this.png (543x417, 515K)

so a biggggg bubble is getting smaller and smaller.
Once it got to the point that it was the tiniest thing to exist, BOOM... next bang... our universe is expanding right now... eventually the energy expended to expand it will eventually be used up and it'll start shrinking again. Rinse, repeat.

The infinite-torture-in-hell concept is not biblical, but invented by the Catholic (nee Pauline) church 'thinkers'. All the Bible says about the date of the unchosen us to be cast in the lake lf flames.

Literally, that's it. All the noise about purgatory and circles of hell is basically fanfic.

Not that it really matters, just sayin'

Exactly the same

>says nothing about the times during which we don't exist.
It says that specific 'time' is not forever

This is true, which is why presuppositional arguments are wholly unconvincing. The question becomes why you are using the axioms you are using.

The method is well established. It's no cult. No money, drugs, or Top Secrets. It has no need to proselytize. I don't need to convince you of anything. There is no argument. You''ve made no proposition. I'm just answering your questions. To your credit you are not jumping to conclusions like 90+% of people.

What it very much does not say is that we will be alive again after we die.

Alright then, what's the method?

Incidentally any prime can be expressed as 6n +/- 1. Wanna see the proof?

I feel like a nerd, I actually understood this equation

I already know the proof. Math is fucking rad. More self evident than physics, the truest universal law by which all others are assessed.

Do you get chills when you think about that, or is it just me?

any _self-consistent_ system of logic

If you're gonna paraphrase Goedell, get it right.

Having magic in your system of logic makes it _not_ a system of logic

This argument is like saying the Hesienberg uncertainty principle makes any speeding ticket invalid.

No, it doesn't. You don't understand what you're talking about.

"You" won't be, like this person said honestly I don't know what lives on, the awareness of self, imagination, I don't know, but if the space between life is called death, and death is a certainty, and death is nothingness including timeless, yet we are alive then it's logical to think, that death is only a moment of transition between lives.

>Amy system of logical requires pre-agreed axioms
Except math. Math is self evident. As already discussed.

Notice that those fuckers trying to prove that gods real can't give a straight answer.
>God means Truth hurr durrrrrrr
>Prove God doesn't exist hurr durrr
>its mathematically proven durrrr

Attached: image.jpg (250x250, 41K)

Why start a religious discussion with a scientific theory?

What goes on is matter and energy. Those things can end up in future life, but they aren't you any more than the cows you've eaten are you.

Except that they're human-derived symbols representing potential universal laws.

I thought I loved mathematics until I took number theory and realized I didn't even know what mathematics was. Then I loved mathematics until I studied set theory. Now I hope mathematics chokes on it's own cock.

Lost to this image macro. Fuck.

Attached: 1879f18e_e542_e1c6.jpg (407x521, 32K)

Agreed. Maybe from the dead person's perspective there is no time but the rest of all existence is still continuing on as if nothing changed.

All math ends up in imaginary, uncertain and exclusionary axioms when describing beyond mechanics.

Attached: 1566437142502.jpg (960x960, 86K)

No it is not. Your life ends at the cessation of brain function. It is demonstrable that nothing with no thought patterns has the ability to possess ego, likewise it is demonstrable that humans with sufficient brain function do.

Godel, correct?

Yes, it does. In math, just not state traffic law.

Seriously, not even joking here: you really don't know what you are talking about. You don't understand the meaning of the words you are using. If you're trolling, great, but I think you need to actually study the subject related to these words. Peace, bro.

I have umlaut and I must scream ( in Austro-Hungarian)

Quantities exist. The representation is immaterial. The quantity represented by 7 exists independently of human thought and cannot be wholly separated into sets of equal quantity except a single group containing all seven units or seven groups containing single units. This is true universally. The concept was not invented, it was discovered.

Try me. And don't pretend by using an equation you never understood in the first place.

ah yes

By a human mind that could not fathom it? Or a machine created by human to fathom it? Or seven just expressed itself?

Mathematics is the system by which models are built to predict physical phenomena. Godel's theorem doesn't mean that you can just make up anything you want, your predictions have to actually work. You're not making sense because you don't understand what you are talking about.

I love how just because you say something articulate here, it must be true.

Do you honestly think something like this can be encapsulated in a 2K Yea Forums post? I'm no proselyte, and you're no seeker.

If you won't tell me, then I have zero reason to believe you.

Maybe they have and you just don't understand it.

Attached: over the head.png (1280x720, 209K)

Yes. Correct, they do, predictions have to work to be considered fact. You should be direct on your argument if you claim I make no sense.

Would a set of (fundamental) particles of a quantity we know as 7 be capable of being separated into sets of equal quantity besides 7 groups of 1 or 1 group of 7?

A Catholic school in Nashville has banned Harry Potter books, because they contain magic and spells that can conjure evil spirits. smh

So what? Your loss. Not mine. Again, I'm no proselyte.

>Now I hope mathematics chokes on it's own cock.
Focus on learning English now. "It's" is the contraction for "it is". The possessive is simply "its".

And no offense, not all physical phenomena use math or ever has to. The very essence of math and symbolic reconstruction is still a human invention. If not, then I think you've proven god, or logos or whatever.

More than seven fundamental particles exist. Thus the quantity seven by necessity exists in the universe independent of human thought. 7 expresses itself by being a quantity that physically exists.

It doesn't seem like I'm losing anything. All you're doing is supporting my original suspicion.

No matter if I answer yes or no or in initial conditions, this is a different proposition than you suggesting my misunderstanding of said principles My reply to was already stated

And I think you answered anyway but I'm still rejecting your use of "more than seven fundamental...blah" which is still human-derived. You see the redundancy?

Circular reason is surely godly.

But good fun!

You mean to tell me.... God has been with me this whole time? That I've been "playing" with Him all these years?

1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV
> But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Get saved tonight Yea Forums :)

youtu.be/WDEBz25lGdY

Attached: 1560480415713m.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

I can prove god exists by using quantum mechanics. I dub my rationale: "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". It proves not only that a god exists but a Western Christian God exists. Firstly, we must exemplify that sub-atomic neutrino fields exist within mass, self-contained inertia truth.

From here, anti-matter is born representing Christ, himself. He is literally the embodiment of a material that cannot exist, it must not exist. BUT it does exist.

Checkmate, atheists. Science used against you

Attached: 72a49c9daf2087af9254d666378c30c8.jpg (480x350, 42K)

If you remove any component of the eye, it ceases to function. Therefore evolution is a lie.

How can you not follow a legit dragonslayer OP?

And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired.

-- The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew, Chapter 18