How is it possible for one musical group to have such a long career without a drop in quality or relevancy?

how is it possible for one musical group to have such a long career without a drop in quality or relevancy?

Attached: Daft-Punk.jpg (1200x630, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iCuFo1J3Gr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because they're French
also they set up their recording contract very specifically so it allowed for total freedom in recording and release schedules, which allows them to take their time to make whatever they want until they think it's good enough to be released

You're forgetting how huge Discovery was. I'd argue that before and after they never achieved quite the same level of relevance in their own. If it wasn't for those shit songs with that leaf hack, the One More Time video would be the sole thing the public at large remembers them for.

Yeah you must have missed Homework and how big Around the World was also
the only album they made that didn't really get huge was Human After All but that was something that they made in like 2 weeks on purpose as an antithesis to Discovery

is it really just that their work is given more time? I guess that makes sense since they've only released like 4 studio albums in 25 years
why does it have to be on their own? I understand disliking the weeknd, but it's still their work that they contributed

>is it really just that their work is given more time?
Yes, they spent 8 years making Random Access Memories, and 4 years making Discovery. This is not how recording artists are typically allowed to operate. Not only do they spend as much time as they want to making stuff, but they also have really good instincts for what makes music sound good. They're just kind of awesome

>Human After All
The Human After All single has to unironically be my favorite song by them. I love it how nuanced it and emotional it can get with such an instrumental (and lirycal, haha) simplicity. But I do agree that the album as a whole is kinda lacking and bleh. It's also, in visual terms, my favorite era of them, their experimental film, Electoma, is an interesting complement of that.
I'd argue that Random Access Memories was pretty big too, they even got a grammy for that one, and I'd even go as far as saying that Get Lucky was THE song of the decade, considering how much it was and is still played, even if that album in general was defined more by it's huge Disco Revival influences than by a sound more inherently from this time.
Also, why are we having a civilized discussion about these guys in this board of all places?

Attached: 1494531236042.gif (307x281, 302K)

need quality and relevancy to have a drop of quality and relevance. It's like punk but more daft..

>need quality and relevancy to have a drop of quality and relevance.

Attached: 1235780837_preview_spongebobicon.jpg (678x678, 88K)

>relevancy
This is how they do it. They don't release often. You never go full Paul McCartney.

It's a good album, but the songs from Human After All are used so well in Alive 2007. And Electroma blew my mind. That part where they're in the bathroom ripping off their fake faces was terrifying in ways I can't explain.
>why are we having a civilized discussion about these guys in this board of all places?
lol

I was there for the late 90's, I remember how cool I thought the video for Around the World was, but Discovery was definitely the more popular album, One More Time definitely the more popular song.

Definitely, I'm just saying Homework made them pretty well known

> how do robots produce quality without seeming to age?
> op can't figure out why robots will be our masters

Remember this???

Attached: Interstella 5555.jpg (640x480, 73K)

It's a good one

>I'd argue that Random Access Memories was pretty big too
Literally their best selling album by a wide margin. Normalfigs will remember Get Lucky, not One More Time.
Good thing too, because they memed me into watching Interstella 5555.

had very mixed feelings about this movie tbh
music is top notch though

Yeah well Discovery is classic. There was a time in my life where I was listening to it almost every day. I think the movie's cool because they got an actual Japanese animation studio to animate it for them.

Discovery was my gateway into them, and I was the same, nothing wrong with playing Face To Face back to back for hours on hours.

simple
be better than competition

By being mediocre from the start.

St Germain - Tourist

youtu.be/iCuFo1J3Gr8

Attached: R-1226-1114615959.jpg.jpg (598x587, 68K)