Is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker amped up solely because he is dead? Not saying he did a bad job...

Is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker amped up solely because he is dead? Not saying he did a bad job, but to say anyone who tries play the role after him will fail is silly... He didn't create the character nor the first one to portray him.

Attached: 759008282.jpg (1300x650, 88K)

Possibly. Regardless, he didn't do a good job, he did an amazing job! Because of that most imitations will fade in comparison.

I'd say so.

About to enter dork zone wiff dis bread.

I don't even think it was a good performance, way too edgy. then again I don't really like the Joker character to begin with, always thought Harvey Dent was much better.

He might not have created the character but his portrayal was certainly the best.

Attached: B9C4EFBE-B109-4736-B42A-A9C3E895AFB4.jpg (2000x1334, 388K)

This. He made the cartoon character The Joker relatable as a person. Hard to top that imo. Joaquin is an amazing actor as well tho so Im looking forward

>He made the cartoon character The Joker relatable as a person.

but that's not even a good thing

This.

its a shit movie the sjw's ruined

I was on the band wagon after I saw it the first time but a shit load of my friends suddenly really loved the performance after he died

Attached: 1565888517803.jpg (450x326, 39K)

Checked. This. Well said.

Jack Nicholson for life you flaming faggots.

Attached: JackNicholson.jpg (600x300, 87K)

His death did amp it up but that was an awesome movie

that happens with literally everything. Kurt Cobain (even though he couldn't play guitar for shit), Tupac and Biggie (they weren't that good), Heath Ledger (literal who until he played an edgy faggot in a dumb movie)

A knights tail was bomb dingin nigga

Heath's Joker was amazing, but it was HIS Joker. Everyone before and after make it their own adaptation. Even in the cartoons and comic books that are written by different people. His origin story is always different and every adaptation brings out a different quirky side to him. He gave an incredible and different performance, but I have always hated that everyone compares all the Jokers to HIS performance as there is never any Joker portrayed remotely similar in any fashion (besides maybe the cackle laugh).

Well said!

I'd say 50/50.

He plays a nihilistic Joker really well.

How is it amped up? Did you even watch the movie?

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just wanna watch the world burn.

People act like the Dark Knight is the second coming of Christ for fuck's sake, it's just a decent movie, nothing more

In fact it's not even that fucking good

No because the praise was just as thick when he was alive. I remember that window of time from the Dark Knight's release to his death; the exact same sort of reveration was going on.

this

He-e-e-e-e-e-ere's Johnny!

Attached: Nicholson_Axe.gif (380x215, 1.97M)

people seem to enjoy edgy characters in fiction very much but when you act edgy in real life people get mad and/or uncomfortable, is there no pleasing these unenlightened fuckwads?

Attached: Heat_is_Kill.jpg (453x634, 42K)

they think making the joker an incel is a good idea?

Decent compared to what? The absolute dog shit that Marvel has been coming out with lately? Not enough niggers in the dark knight for you?

Well, it can't be any worse than making him a gay surfer.

Attached: surfsup (1).jpg (500x375, 33K)

Bump

The fuck you bumping this shit for?

Nigger

Kys faggot

i will not tolerate anybody talking shit about Adam West batman

Heath ledger’s performance was great but his version of the joker also comes from Christopher nolan’s writing and direction. And this version of the joker both Nolan and Ledger came up with fit nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy perfectly. I remember seeing the trailer for it before Ledger died and I was like “holy fuck that was heath ledger? I had to see that.” This was coming off of Batman begins, which I didn’t really care for when it came out.

At the time the only joker portrayals we had seen were really cartoony or silly in tone. This was much more dark and ironically serious, this movie was getting hype before ledger’s death. His death is what made sure everyone saw that movie. His portrayal of that character was great in the context of that movie, so his career definitely went out with a bang. A comic book villain only comes off as “edgy” when real life mouthbreathers worship him and quote him while tipping their fedora at you.

>TL;DR
>his performance was good. His death helped cement that performance as his lasting legacy, and the movie most people think of when they hear his name.

He died before the movie was released

Attached: 1563842854642.jpg (798x894, 117K)

IT'S ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES EVER. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE IS EDGY FAT 12 YEAR OLD INCELS FOR LIFE THAT NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED.

>Joaquin is an amazing actor as well tho so Im looking forward

I WORKED ON THE JOKER AS A GRIP. YEAH I KNOW, IM A BULLSHITTER ETC.

MARK MY WORDS: HIS PERFORMANCE WILL BE EXACTLY LIKE HIS PERFORMANCE IN YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE EXCEPT WITH MAKE UP. THERE WERE A FEW GUYS ON SET THAT WORKED ON BOTH FILMS (AS I DID) AND WE WERE LIKE "WTF" , IT'S THE SAME SHIT (NOT THAT IT'S NOT BAD). JUST TOO DARK FOR THIS FILM AND MOST WON'T LIKE IT.

Ledger was probably under a lot of stress because he knew everyone would be comparing him to the ultimate joker, jack nicholson. Ledger not only portrayed his character very skilfully, he also redefined the character and outdid Nicholsons landmark performance.
He died before the movie even came out.
How did sjws ruin it?

He must be weak, I watched him wack that door with an axe at least 5 times, and he still hasn't gotten through it.

>Heath ledger’s performance was great but his version of the joker also comes from Christopher nolan’s writing and direction.

POINT BEING YOU FUCKING MORON? EVERY DIRECTOR HAS DIRECT (GET IT YOU FUCKING MORON: DIRECTOR??) SAY IN THE FINAL PERFORMANCE AND WHAT DIRECTION HE ACTOR TAKES THE CHARACTER. WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING ON THIS SET?

Attached: tumblr_owm4qy1RXu1uwz5rbo6_1280.png (1280x719, 643K)

Considering we only really have jared lettuce to go off of right now, id say it's too quick to make that assumption

you need to relax son. have some more coffee.

This nigga has no idea what he's talking about. Yo homie, you dumb.

Kinda this. His was perfect for that movie. Nickelsons was perfect for that movie. Leto sucked.

YOU NAMED 4 LEGENDS YOU FUCKING IMBECILE. I COULD DIG UP COBAIN AND HE STILL WOULD MAKE A BETTER SONG THAN YOU CAN EVER MAKE IN YOUR MISERABLE PATHETIC SHIT LIFE.

That's too much pressure!

It's a good interpretation of the character. Damn good. Its the best we have at this point in time. Can it be topped? Anything is possible, but Heath literally drove himself to insanity just to be able to do this performance, so it would take an extremely talented actor to do so. But I think its also silly to say that no one will be able to top it cause you never know.

dude fuck your mom. kurt cobain sucks, Nirvana's music sucked. in fact it's so fucking bad it's actually depressing to listen to, that's what makes it so appealing to faggot hipsters like you.

>Heath literally drove himself to insanity just to be able to do this performance

lol yeah because it was an insanely bad performance

i heard it was losing the respect of his woman after playing a faggot.

STFU YOU FAT FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD DIABETES PATIENT. YOU ARE A FUCKING IMBECILE OF FIRST ORDER.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE NIRVANA BUT I'M NOT DUMB LIKE YOU , YOU FAT USELESS TWAT 5 YEARS AWAY FROM SUICIDE TO SAY THEY SUCKED.

>808407256

HE HAD A BAD ADDICTION TO HEROIN SINCE MONSTER'S BALL YOU DICKLESS FAT FUCK.

not by any means! Its easy to write him as a cartoon or comicbook character, but to put him in real life on a big screen, its not always easy (with any character). I think he did a phenomenal job. None of the jokers we've had have come close to his. But I wont say it is unbeatable.

That's the gayest fucking image i've ever seen. Bravo

He was playing a funny book character from the 1940's. Might as well loose your shit over Peter Palmer's stunning portrayal of Lil' Abner

Attached: cb5d5f263b70168ff9876776923579eb.jpg (532x321, 35K)

Was Jenkem Phoenix born with a hare lip?

WOW!! LOOK HOW FUCKING COOL YOU SPELLED HIS NAME.

HOLY FUCK THIS PLACE WENT TO SHIT,

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
CALL YOUR MOM TO WATCH YOU TYPE THIS STUFF. YOU ARE ON FIRE TONIGHT BOOSTER.

This is literally Joaquin Phoenix posting on Yea Forums lol

Attached: bammer.jpg (2273x1577, 423K)

It's spelled wacom phonex

No. It was an amazing performance because it’s nothing like any of his other performances, and nothing like his actual personality/voice.
Imagine yourself trying to play that character, every time someone tries to imitate him it sounds absolutely retarded and cringe worthy, but he did it without missing a beat.

I’m sure OP already knows the answer and just posted this to get replies/ start a conversation.

Nope. Kys

There is no way I am going to see that gay shit fam.

Indeed.
Preach brother

M A R K H A M M I L L

Brokeback Mountain part deu

If anyone could out preform heath ledger it would have to be james franco.

Kek

Then instead of ben Affleck who ever thought of that should be fired wed have seth rogan as the batman.

Take your meds kid.

Matt Damon would make a good Robin....

But we all know that Keanu Reaves would make a better Joker than anyone.

I always pictured the joker working in the gasoline industry. I’ve gotten high and crazy working there. Smelling gasoline all day long will make you feel crazy.

I think it's way more the performance sort of came out of nowhere. Ledger had been good in previous movies, but he never seemed like the kind of electric movie star the turn in that movie suggested.

I honestly think the dude was really about to go on a pretty great acting run when he died.

His evil grunts standing behind him always. Truly the best joker

>Is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker amped up solely because he is dead?
Yes.
Next thread.

He got one joke in and knew better. It's the pencil trick that did it with people.

I don't have anything negative to say about the joker. The nolan batman movies were great I get what he was trying to do but I got bored through the dark knight. Honestly people pulled this shit to death there is nothing positive I can say anymore. Ruined it for me.

To me deadpool is superior. So much so it's trying to sell the new terminator.

What about the joker? People loved him and were cool all along. Fuck him if he's a real person. Fucking faggot.

I never picture him actually. I see him coming from the street but it's a white street. Probably true to the comics an urchin from the 20s. Doing Italian scams to survive and a pickpocket.

Nah it was pretty good.

I grew up on batman the animated series, so that joker, will always be the one that comes to mind first. Heath is a close second. His portrayal was new, not your "traditional" clown. All others who come afterwards that don't follow the classic joker profile will feel like imitations.

Beyond that, his method, from his voice to facial expressions, body language, everything, was custom tailored to this new version, and so opposed to what we came to expect of Heath Ledger. If he had gone uncredited, the majority of those who saw the film would have never been able to identify him, simply because of how totally and completely he gave himself to the role. I still can't see him through the makeup. Only that one brief scene at the memorial when he's not wearing it. That's the only time I can make out Heath Ledger in the film. When an actor is so totally and completely lost in a role that you the viewer cannot find him... Well what else really is there to say?

I guarantee you that if he were still alive, DC would milk that character until it was awful. He’ll never get the chance to make a bad movie now.

Attached: Caps Locks Fuck Yeah.jpg (500x334, 116K)

Probably not unless someone else tries to make a "grounded" Batman again. Heath Ledgers performance seems like a genuinely insane criminal I could see existing. But he would be treated like a fucking weirdo faggot just like the Joker is in the dark Knight.

I mean the guy even dressed in drag to try and make a guy shoot him in the face to really sell the "this guy is fucked in the head" angle. He constantly feels and looks like a freak and constantly tries to kill himself.

(Just like Batman)

I somewhat agree with this, although I also think that Nolan struck a really fine balance between staying true to the comics will also creating a Batman series that could stand on its own as cinema by incorporating just enough of the comics without being over-the-top. Contrast this with Burton's Batman films, which were all over the place with the source material, and Nicholson's Joker, who didn't seem to find the balance between the Joker's anarchistic drive to commit violence versus his being motivated by revenge. Nolan went all-in on the Joker as an anarchist and Ledger's performance really helped encapsulate the philosophy behind the character.

In that respect, I also really enjoyed Cesar Romero's Joker as well, because he played the character as a goofy criminal in an era where the Batman series of the day was drawing from the early source material and putting its own campy spin on it. The Adam West Batman series has a remarkably consistent tone in this regard and Romero's Joker really contributed to that.

I also think Mark Hamill's voice acting as the Joker has really given the character a timeless quality across all other media, from animated films and TV series to video games. Hamill always seems to find the right tone for the Joker no matter how dark the narrative and it comes off as totally original. If Ledger's performance hadn't delivered on the hype, I think Hamill's characterization would currently be the standard of excellence for the character, and maybe Leto's performance wouldn't have been so underwhelming because there wouldn't have been such a strong live-action portrayal of the character to use as a reference point.

Yeah, the perception was heightened because of his death. Same thing goes for Nirvana. Perception of their quality went up after Cobain's death.

Way too edgy?
Watch suicide squads joker

You beautiful based fucker user

Attached: riseup3.png (1052x637, 1023K)

He killed his brother.

I mean, it was the best as far as live action Jokers have gone. He just didn't have that cartoony flair I look for in the Joker. Maybe the new one will, but it's unfair to say nobody could do it better. I'd give my left nut for a Willem Dafoe Joker, personally.

Well, Romero had the cartoony vibe, and definitely portrayed the Joker the world knew back then with 100% accuracy, but I mean...it was 60's Joker.

The Joker isn't 'trying to kill himself', he's trying to prove a point by showing how committed he is to his own philosophy. He knows that the symbolic act of his nonchalance towards his own death could potentially inspire people to take up his anarchistic/nihilistic worldview. Everything he does throughout the movie forces people to choose between a seemingly-arbitrary commitment to 'goodness'/order and the opportunity to abandon those commitments and just go with the flow since bad things still happen despite attempts to maintain order (implying that people are basically evil anyway so efforts to corral them with order are doomed to fail).

Thanks, Friend. I will not tolerate anybody talking elephant manure about you!

Attached: BatmanElephant.jpg (350x453, 42K)

>portrayed the Joker the world knew back then with 100% accuracy

Minus the 'stache painted over with face drywall.

Satan confirms. Leto blows goats.

????

Attached: BallsDropOff.gif (500x331, 1.38M)

Shit movie. All superhero movies are super gay shit for gay gayboys.

Gotta give him SOME leeway. Romero couldn't just ditch his signature for every other role he played.

Haha, I know. I really do love Romero's iteration of the character, and his look is an iconic part of that. I just always felt like the mustache made him look like a large persian cat when he had the makeup on lol.

Holy shit, this.

Attached: 1553879869799.jpg (1400x1050, 166K)

Nirvana's music was never polished and they always tried to keep up the grunge sound of a garage band. Not the most talented group of young men, but far better than most others of the genre. Just imho anyways.

Yes, the music is sad, even depressing, that's the point of it.

Gen X here, this was, and still is great music!