How exactly is this a national dish?

How exactly is this a national dish?

Attached: best-fish-and-chips-recipe-434856-Hero-5b61b89346e0fb00500f2141.jpg (450x300, 30K)

those are fucking gross looking tenders OP. KYS

>tartar sauce
>French fries not proper chips
>no mushy peas
National dish of what? Long John Silverland?

Those are French fries, not proper chips. Real fish and chips looks like this.

Attached: C8742768-5D7E-49D9-AFA5-BBD101AA9CB7.jpg (1200x900, 131K)

that looks wonderful. Where can i get some?

>put two separate extremely common worldwide foods on a dish
>call it part of your culture
Might as well put an apple and a bowl of cheerios together for all the originality that has.

At a chippy

Why you so mad tho?

tartar sauce is the only thing to have with fish and chips.

I'm not mad I'm just baffled.

I hate the British so goddamn much

is that in america? i don't even like fish and that looks good

Those aren't tenders, that is fish.

To be fair, English fish and chips is quite a step better than fish and chips I've had in other countries.

It's like, steak is a pretty common worldwide dish. But Texas has the best steaks by far.

Me too, so I'll stuff myself with their fish and chips and hope they starve from that

mmm fried potat. i want potat

Hey I'm not attacking the taste at all, it's pretty good.

Fucking love fish and chips, if any of yous want the best of the best, I'd recommend The Magpie in Whitby in North Yorkshire. Finest fish in chips in the land.

Also Fry Up comes a close second as our national dish imo

Attached: fryup.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Admittedly that looks WAY more British.

This guy is not wrong. Yorkshire lad here that likes a good chippy. Get there and have the best the UK has to offer.

No, it’s in Bristol.

Aye, more fond of a fry up than a roast in all. Sorts you right out on a morning after a heavy one.
Good to see another Yorkshire lad on here, where abouts you from user

I'm sad that the Long John Silvers that was a few miles from my house went out of business :(

considering the muslims have taken over europe,i doubt its a national dish anymore

who cares anyway,european food is disgusting

Anywhere in the world that has fish, potato’s and a fryer. You can get this fish in any 1st world country in any city or town

you don't like pizza?

Italy not inside n europe

Just no. It’s just fish and chips and nothing more. There’s very few ingredients, it pretty much just comes down to preference in batter Kek.

wut?

>proper chips

Attached: British+people+are+ugly+as+_92a425cd970d881e506a21d051fc8e2f.jpg (380x507, 74K)

British people are the worst fucking cooks holy shit. Every dish they are known for just looks half assed with random shit that doesn’t even go together half the time.

fish tenders

here's your pie bro

Attached: Traditional-Stargazy-pie-wtih-fish-heads-sticking-out-of-the-crust-from-Mousehole-Cornwall-England-1 (1200x855, 154K)

At least it's not norwegian food.

Attached: Smalahove01.jpg (2272x1704, 1.82M)

its the accompaniments to the dish as well which makes it banging lad. curry sauce, mushy peas, gravy, scraps (depending on where you are in the UK)
Nah lad, we have good honest food here that tastes amazing. Admittedly its not as good as flavoursome as the Italian cuisine or as adventurous as the French, but its delicious nonetheless (yes im being massively biased here being a britbong)

Id cook you a fry up mate and i guarantee you'd like it

Eggs, sausage, toast, beans, and fried mushrooms is confusing to you? It's all salty-savory.

The fish and chips there look like shitty oven stuff. Fish and chips should only be a takeaway and the shop you go to really makes the difference also i recommend trying curry sauce.

all; they need to do is mash those potatoes and turn the head into meatballs

guessing your american?

Could be French or Indian. Americans tend to like the British.

Not on this site. On /int/ and Yea Forums they're always shitting on each other.

Speak for yourself gag the Brit cunts can't even speak English hate that accent

What's that white crap in that bowl. And where's the ketchup, and where's the salt on those fries. Dont post your fuckinv health food and call it "national dish" get your keto butt outta here

tartar sauce

pooniggers food

Attached: 3602510549f87206ce9d607d4ee4a5a2.jpg (900x600, 103K)

That's more like proper fish'n'chips.

Could do with some mushy peas, a tub of garlic sauce and plenty of salt and vinegar.

>a tub of garlic sauce
Busted! French GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw deep frying anything suddenly makes it appetising to Murcans

Attached: i_kekd_5.jpg (336x261, 25K)

nah UK guy here, the garlic sauce served in the little polystyrene tubs by the local chippy, is more like garlic mayonnaise.

RENT FREE

Attached: union_flag.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Kek.

Attached: being_american.png (413x310, 227K)

>English can't speak their own language
It's literally the definitive accent for speaking English you Ameritard.

No

Attached: beowulf-tl.jpg (1500x2289, 538K)

no scraps 6/10

they tasted better served in newspaper too.

looks even fucking worse. The only thing I see is a box of fat and cancer