What's your most devastating loss in the world of video games?

What's your most devastating loss in the world of video games?

As in loss of data, not losing to a boss NPC.

Attached: 71dMP93dO1L._SX679_.jpg (679x508, 20K)

Got a demo from playstation magazine of the game viewtiful joe. The next day want to play something and find all my save files gone. Get a thing in the mail from sony apologizing for the demo had something wrong with it and it deleted all my save files!

My Pokémon Silver game card corrupting and losing my Lv99 Charizard & other high-level 'mon. :(

Mine was taking a day off school specifically just to play Digimon World. My mum didn't know I'd actually been up all night training a Digimon and doing specific things (following a guide BOOK) to get a specific digimon. I got the digimon around 4am but had school at 7am.. I pretended I was ill and then played Digimon World on ps1 for several hours (which felt like fucking ages back then, now seven hours passes in blink of eye) and trained up my digimon. I was grinding certain stats hard. I then went to explore and got some rare items. Several hours of exploring, only stopping for lunch and dinner.. around 9pm I was so happy with my Digimon, no need to evolve it, it was great. I was so immersed I'd played for practically 24 hours without saving. Around 9pm there was a powercut. ps1 reset. All memory lost up until hours before I'd even evolved (which was based on rng luck also) the current digimon. I was devastated :(

Attached: size_400.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Attached: 1415400273027.jpg (240x196, 9K)

the times i've lost my save for games with long tedious intro sequences

i don't even play video games like that but i do miss the cool save points like the typewriter in RE, i hate auto saving

My star wars battlefront (the first one) galactic conquest save file, nothing special about it except it was the last time me and my dad played video games together. You could play split screen and fight a series of battles together taking over different planets for whatever faction you want. Me and my dad got about 3 quarters through one before my dad got called in to work. We never finished the file and haven't played video games together since (he's watched me play games sometimes after that but never participated) I kept the save file on my memory card up until I traded my Ps2 for a Ps3. Had to delete tons of game files to make room on my sole memory card many times but I never touched that save file hoping one day he would ask me if I wanted to play again but it never happened :(

I had a shitty gray gba, the kind that was semi transparent. It had tape and shit on it to hold it together. I loved this thing so much, i had had it for a long time at this point (somewhere around 2009-ish). For that christmas my mom had gotten me a ds lite and some new games, but while i was at school she gave away my gba. Now i know the ds did have backwards compatibility with gba games, but since we werent rich i had to play older gameboy games, which were not compatible. I was distraught because i had come so close to finishing mario land 2

i got ripped off while trying to sell my diablo 2 account

Aerith CD1, Level 99, Limit Break 4

Attached: aeris.png (200x200, 21K)

someone stole my DS and case (granted it was the original DS so not much of a loss) which had all my games in it.

I also just straight up lost a near 100% pokemon platinum cartridge

Diablo 2 hardcore, I lost a lot of characters to random network disconnects

Grandparents threw out my atari 2600

Attached: AT2600-Atari-2600-Basic-Package-with-6-Games-large-image.jpg (600x525, 40K)

>let retarded neighbor kid use my ps2
>specifically tell him not to delete my save for lego star wars
>all my fucking progress and codes and unlocks and shit
>tear this dipshit a new one
>definitely did it to piss me off

>be like 10 or 11
>step sister had to of been like 15
>actual abuse
>piss her off
>deletes my entire game save on ratatoui
>repeatedly kicks me in the stomach while im on the ground

feels man..

My sis deleted my chao garden

What a cunt

I have more important things to worry about in life

Give three examples that were more important than nostaligic childhood video game memories.. you fucking square