Hey Yea Forums how is the Vietnam War Memorial not a participation trophy? I mean we lost so…

Hey Yea Forums how is the Vietnam War Memorial not a participation trophy? I mean we lost so…

Attached: participation_trophy.jpg (800x533, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lD8Cz2HOlEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lost politically. Won militarily. Lost political will to continue to win militarily. All wars have political beginnings and ends.

you lost militarily as well
stop swallowing the propaganda

Still these guys are still crying all the time about "muh PTSD"

Because memorials are places dedicated to people who died, and have absolutely no baring on who won, ya dumb cuck

Its more of a scoreboard user

Attached: 1566671835115.jpg (336x335, 34K)

We won all major battles quite easily. I know a lot about the Vietnam War. You are the anti-American moron who believes anything you read that is anti-American.

No man. We lost. It was never intended to be won in the first place.

Have you ever seen your friends blown up or horribly maimed or killed someone? You are obviously a child.

Wrong. You don’t understand the difference between political and military victory. You should read some Clausewitz. It’s obvious you only know the watered down anti-US imperialist version of events.

Still these guys go around calling everyone a snowflake, but hey we have been listening to these guys whine and bitch about how it wasn't a fair war and how they now have "PTSD" because they lost... I mean?????

Nobody says they have PTSD because they lost. You really are a child.

Still "PTSD" is made up anyway right? I mean if we really did win then why be so fucked up in the head. Am I right?

No, child. Done arguing with a complete moron who doesn’t know what PTSD is or is pretending to not understand. Nothing to do with winning or losing.

>won all major battles
>tet offensive

You could also see a tombstone as a participation trophy for life. Another way to look at both of these is that they're built for those still living, to help them cope with the loss of their loved ones and try to make sense of it.

Giving up just like in Nam... here ya go

Attached: 6853GOM.jpg (328x297, 37K)

US military beat the shit out of the VC/NVA militarily but the war was lost politically. Just look at the numbers US lost 47,000 KIA & 305,000 WIA. VC/NVA lost 224,000 KIA & 1,170,000 WIA.
Personally after what he said following Tet Cronkite should have been shot as a traitor.

just a reminder. The "flaming leftists" coming here espousing insane ideological conspiracies and starting threads that realistically should be i /pol/ are foreign agitators sowing discord for reasons nobody thinks are particularly interesting

Attached: 1443213553812.jpg (849x1371, 197K)

The US kicked the shit out of the VC and NVA during Tet. The VC was done as a fighting force for a year. They won temporary victories but were utterly destroyed as a fighting force within 6 weeks. You should look it up. That’s where the US lost politically because of waning public support. We won militarily and it wasn’t even close.

They had the honor of being killed by real men in sandals.

Attached: a251caf4-45c0-49b7-8a0b-4381ea2e7591.jpg (465x340, 32K)

i see what you did there

or maybe someting like this

Attached: trumpface2.jpg (500x437, 108K)

Attached: b5b17828979a8574011d3beac9a50689_view.jpg (450x337, 88K)

pic related; real men who btfo americas fag army

Attached: MAC22_PASHTUNS_POST01.jpg (822x462, 111K)

Crying because it wasn't a fair war

Kurdish women had to pick up the slack and turn them back

Ok, mancub

I think my explanation is still valid, even if I do agree that 'hero' is used inappropriately most of the time these days.

i did look it up and actually you got it backwards there were an additional 10,824 non hostile deaths in country which i didn't count in the KIA column

I’m guessing you are European. You fucks had to borrow bombs to drop on Libya. Germans recently had to use broomsticks as guns during a NATO training mission because Germany doesn’t have enough guns. Keep talking.

so why make a trophy for guys who lost?

We have not won a war since ww2 Vietnam was a joke I can't stand Vietnam vets.

And smoked pot all day.

Penta-get

miss

And smoked pot all day

And smoked pot all day

Three quarter of the solders saw about 4 min of combat wow

And smoked pot all day

We have all this technology and still can't win any wars.

We just smoke pot all day

The point of the war was to establish the petrodollar, which was accomplished. Also the gulf of Tonkin was a false flag to get us involved in the war

The VC were wiped out after the Tet Offensive. The NVA had to take the war over for them at that point.

[citation needed]

Boo Hoo... the NVA cheated... the war wasn't fair.. muh PTSD..

Nearly 50 years of this crybaby shit

fucking degenerate

>Won militarily.

Right just like the Germans won WW2 militarily but lost politically.

Attached: 1532754749948.png (657x539, 110K)

kill yourself

Yes, sounds like one of those snowflake everybody wins arguments

It's carved unto the nations capital, a scar, cut, not healing. It recognizes the individual sacrifices. There's no celebration, somber area.

Go visit and see.

> recognizes the individual sacrifices
> no celebration

Sounds like the same argument behind participation trophies

Let me guess. Faggot hipster, uni kid, anti war, anti american but lives in America? Please tell me I'm right.

Wrong... Just a man who wants this country to love him as much as he loves it

Not at all. It's to remind Americans what happened... So it's not repeated.

This isn't the arch de triumph or the world war two memorial.

Sorry you can't see and understand the symbolism. But... I'd hope any president contemplating a war has a long walk along the memorial before finalizing his decision.

Right. Claims to be an American who loves his country. Insults the memory of dead soldiers, many of them draftees. Indirectly whines that his country doesn't love him. I wonder why?

youtube.com/watch?v=lD8Cz2HOlEc

How did the NVA cheat retard? I never said the war was unfair or said I had PTSD. Stay in your parents basement snowflake youre not ready for reality yet.

wow reduced to a 5yo ... pathetic

>Knuckledragging drooling mental patient thinks Rambo was a real depiction of Vietnam vets.
KYS child.

Trolled hard

How did I reduce you to a 5yo.? You love throwing blame around dont you little dove.

>Gets BTFO on /b
>B-b-but I was just trolling.

Not knowing his Rambo quotes... so unpatriotic

maybe we would of won if the president didnt dodge the draft to play bowling instead

>you lost militarily as well
The US was just so use to winning wars that anything other than a win is looked at as a loss, but technically, it was a stalemate.

Rambo was made for fat autistic incels to fantasize about when theyre playing with their airsoft and cap guns. Im not surprised you know all the quotes.

We stopped the spread of Communism in Vietnam. For nine years. All of Asia was supposed to fall like dominoes. Thailand was next.
You're welcome, faggot.

We would have won if the democrats who started it actually followed through and didnt puss out halfway through it.

If they are real men, why do they hide in Pakistan? Why do they burn down schools for girls? Why do they threaten village elders - which is a big no-no in Pashtun culture. Answer - they are just assholes with guns.

>it was a stalemate.

No, it wasn't, it was a total military failure at every single stage.
America turned up expecting a stand up fight like they got in Korea but the Vietnamese weren't stupid enough to do that so they fought the smart war, American troops blundered into thousands of ambushes, American losses were terrible the media didn't lose America the war, the facts reported by them did.
Kennedy was the only president to really want to get involved all the subsequent presidents kept American troops in Vietnam because they would have been replaced at the next election if they appeared weak, listen to Johnson or Nixon on their white house tapes, its all there, McNamara told the president in blunt terms that Americans were dying for nothing, that all of his attempts to find positives in the results from the battlefield also failed.
They had to send orders down to the boots on the ground to exaggerate or even invent kill numbers so as to not appear to be losing.

It was all bullshit, user, I don't usually say this to other Anons, but seriously... read a book on it.

Literally pic related.

Attached: BestThingAboutVietnamWasTheMovies.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Technically?
America was never even close to defeating Vietnam, the Vietnamese were on the brink of winning the war when to save face only the Americans left.

That should read:
the Vietnamese were on the brink of winning the war when, to save face only, the Americans left.

You cant win a war when your leaders are more worried about votes than actually winning. Had they have been able to cross the border in thailand to take out suply routes and bomb the shit out of N. Vietnam where the supplies and enemy troops were coming from it would have ended much different but the Presidents involved didnt want to lose their voting base and also didnt want to piss off China(who rolled through after we left and finished it).

KEK

We did not win the war because American soldiers are a bunch of pussies and cry babbies

>Had they have been able to cross the border in thailand to take out suply routes and bomb the shit out of N. Vietnam where the supplies and enemy troops were coming from it would have ended much different

Sorry dude, but that's exactly what the US did throughout the war, it stopped nothing, the Vietnamese beat your ass and you are too butthurt personally and nationally to admit it.
SAD!!!

All right user, don't cry about it.

It's in the name. Memorial. It's not an award, or a monument to victory. It's a case of "Oof, bad call. We should at least remember the people we sacrificed."

American faggot

50,000 to 2 million.

I wouldn't say the vietnamese beat our ass, I would say we made a tactical withdrawal after they received support from China and the Soviet Union. We could beat Vietnam. We weren't likely to beat China and Russia at the same time in their own territory.

We can't beat anyone

You don’t understand military conflicts

How does it feel to be a brainlet

It doesn't help that every conflict we've had in the last 100 years has been pretty far away, which pretty well fucks our capability to resupply or send reinforcements.

War always favors the defenders. From a tactical standpoint, the fact that the American military can be so LETHAL despite those limitations is actually ridiculous. Lots of collateral damage, sure, but even if we don't win formal victories or achieve our objectives, we effectively demolish the military might of whatever country we invade.

The US could have easily won if we completely disregarded civilian casualties. Nuking the the country would have worked to stop the Vietnamese communists by killing them all. Obviously that would have been a terrible idea in the long run, but it would have won that particular war. Deciding to pull out of the war rather than using an asset that would have likely ended in a US victory, is a stalemate situation. It just wasn't worth the cost.

Stupid and dumb kill your self.

The military didn't win either. By percentage of combatants the us lost more men. They failed to maintain control over any area.

Read some books. We. Did. Not. Win.

Stupid

You know nothing bye

Is it just me or is it always the most retarded autistic anons that start posts with 'wrong' or 'incorrect.'

Considering the post you're responding to it must just be you

300.000 trained US soldiers vs 20.000 rice farmers
Who would win?

Yes, their military is that pathetic.

Attached: AE8B5887-E9FA-4914-BA0F-37276F13DC6B.jpg (275x183, 15K)

Go to a high stress combat situation where you're constantly being shot at and the only silence you get you can relax because the enemy can attack at anytime. You'd be crying like the little scrawny, pasty, keyboard warrior faggot that you are.

You make it sound as simple as that, but fail to include factors, the most important being terrain. Your country is shit and relies on the U.S. to protect you if something went down.

This gye gets it a lot of people ended up dead and did not whant. Anything to do with it ... it's to honor all that served and mostly the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice

>won

Kek imagine.

>everyone is frantically packing shit up
>loads of good shit left behind
>THERESNOTIME.PNG
>civilians of the town you were supposed to be holding screaming to be let on choppers, pilling into cabs, committing suicide
>sat in helicopter
>explosions in distance gradually getting louder
>sat in chopper observing chaos
>all your friends are dead ,crazy, maimed and about to be unemployed
>iiimmm dreaming of a white christmass fades into the distance
>"yeah guys id say we won that shit"

>but fail to include factors, the most important being terrain

exactly, our guys weren't tough enough to handle that shit, i dont blame them sounds like hell, those guys grew up dragging poughs and shit

Well yeah there's a big difference between crying over I was bullied in school and crying over I got my arm fucking blown off and half the plutoon was vaporized y the fuck am I still hear

>”I-it was the bamboo’s fault
>The bamboo is why we lost
>The sheer amount of bamboo gave me PTSD”
>napalm all bamboo
>still get ass handed to u

Lmao pussy Americans couldn’t even protect my country from a bunch of farmers

not an argument.

...also a perfect example leaving a confrontation rather than trying to win it. So it's a stalemate. thanks for proving my point!

So right hahaha

You mean the demonstrably incorrect post he replied to?

We lost militarily because they were forced to withdraw. We lost politically because the political goal of preventing communism to hold power in Vietnam failed. It is a simple fact, we lost. We did not win the war in any way and the NLF and Communists in Vietnam won.

You know what happens when the side you are NOT on WINS the war?

Go ahead. Say it.

>Stalemate
It can't be a stalemate if the Vietnamese achieved what they wanted, thereby winning. If they won, and America was trying to stop them winning that means?...

Go on, you're a big boy, I know you can figure this one out.

And all the air support we had and still got are ass kicked

We had no personal stake in vietnam. We were a mercenary force on behalf of france.

So the US didn't win, sure, but they didn't lose anything.

I don't know if I would call it loosing in the context you're referring if one side decides refrain from taking the confrontation to a drastic level, even if it meant they would win. Do you think North Vietnam would have surrendered if the US started nuking it's major cities?

so it is an nobody gets to win participation trophy instead of a everybody wins participation trophy

The Vietnam vet level of snoflake is so complex

>They could have blown the shit out of all the people they were trying to save
Nope. Unlike Japan in which the entire nation was the enemy, in Vietnam the purpose for which America was there precluded the use of nuclear weapons. It simply wasn't an option.

Did Vietnamese Communism win or did they not win? I seem to recall they won, and America did something else.

Come on, I know you're not a complete retard.

No enemy military forced the US to withdraw. It was a political loss on the home front because politicians were more concerned about making the war palatable to a population that lost its will to commit to the necessitates of war, thanks in part, to misleading anti-war propaganda. For example, Tet offensive was brought up earlier. Militarily this was a disaster. But it helped win the propaganda war. The publishing of the ARVN officer shooting the VC in the head was a political cue. US media conveniently ignored the fact that the VC being shot had just butcher a policeman's entire family and used it to emphasize the "brutality" of the S. Vietnamese government. Had we gone into Vietnam with the same "total war" mentality we entered WWII they would have been crushed. The problem is the superpowers go into war with 3rd rate countries pussyfooting because they are afraid of direct conflict with another superpower. Same thing happened with Russia in Afghanistan. In this case we were the suppliers and the Russians didn't commit because they were worried about drawing in the US.

Nope, America went in of its own volition. France did not pay us to be there. We went in because we had spent decades building a stance of anti communism and would have been seen as weak if we had not gone to war with all the other nations stylizing themselves as such.

And when the Communists won we had failed to achieve our goal both politically and militarily. We LOST.

The losses sustained and the campaign itself was also fiscally unsustainable, and that was because of the effectiveness of the communist forcesctactics, pushing America to bow out of the war, allowing them to win.

It was their victory, it was our loss. You can try and say 'but we didn't really lose' all you like, you know we didn't win.

And yet, participation trophy.

Maybe it is not like the time that the Kurdish women had to fight ISIS for us after all

The VC pulled the NVA into a national liberation front on the basis of "who wants to fight the assholes who keep napalming us for no reason?" U.S. still lost.

Boots on the ground fought and died. Just because it was an unnecessary war doesn't make these guys less than other soldiers. So are you saying every guy that fought in the middle least in the last 20 years is just a "participation trophy" soldier as well?

You're probably the type that didn't have a problem with the fact that a damn holocaust museum was built on the national mall before there was any memorial for WWII soldiers.

Then the USSR would have nuked the planet to prehistory. You can still win this argument by killing yourself.

I have a problem with people who have not won jack shit walking around with medals. They should man up and give every one of them back

>participation trophy...honoring the dead.
hit the restart button, OP.

he did the right thing

Attached: Vietnam-veteran-gives-his-Purple-Heart-medal-to-Trump.jpg (975x648, 85K)

Did a vet steal your boyfriend? What is the bug up your ass? No soldier has ever gotten a metal for whether or not they won the war, or even won the battle. They get medals for getting wounded or for acts of personal bravery. Granted this is more true for the boots than the officers, and granted they've made it easier to get medals so a silver star in all cases didn't require the same level of extreme heroism at Desert Storm than it did at Okinawa, but what you're saying is bullshit. A soldier looses a limb or single handedly takes out a machine gun nest in close combat it is the same sacrifice, the same act of bravery, regardless of the end result or reason for the war.

oh recognition for efforts and normalize so there is an equal playing ground

very femenist of you user

Your "argument" only holds if everyone got medals. Which they don't

There are a number of individual sports that are played as a team, at least in high school, so you should be able to relate. Tennis, golf, track and swimming for example. The ranking of the team is dependent on the number of points the team receives based on individual rankings. Because of this a team filled with mediocre to good players may be ranked higher than a team with only one great player. By your "logic" a championship runner should only be recognized as such if he belongs to the highest ranking team