Hey Yea Forums...

Hey Yea Forums. Why is that i was always that "bright kid" in high school but now i struggle to even finish my first year of college ? Sometimes i think there is nothing in higher education that interests me, i have to constantly force myself to study anything, in the end, i end up studying the day before exam and eventually fail. How do i get out of this ? Should i drop out ? But then what ?

Attached: 1565414727869.jpg (1079x1041, 485K)

You're following some else's "plan".
So , you are frustrated , it's not your plan.
Do something that better fits your interest .
For me , it was the building trades.
I made $60.00 an hour building a 39 story high rise in San Francisco .
Good luck !

but i don't know what interests me. I love playing video games and read literature once in a while but that's about it

if it were me in your situation. i would finish that semester. then take time to think about what to do. i would want to try many things. but im a smith its what i like to do. i can craft things from my imagination and bring them to reality. But i think you should look around and get a feel on what you think would be best for you.

and i was not the brightest kid in my class. not even close. i wasn't lucky. my father wasnt smart nor was my mother... but that didnt bring me down... for long.

Join a military branch, no one gives a shit what you're there for, and if you have any brain cells you can land a job in the air force/coast guard and play as many video games as you want when you aren't working. Doesn't matter if you give a shit about the country or not since at the end of the day, you're getting paid, and Dashquansky isn't.

i live in east europe...

Dude. I am you from the future.

Listen. Just give up. Get a job that pays the bills, find a couple things you like to do, and wait for the next 50 years to grind you down to the grave.

Then you're fucked

I'm college aged, and I think if I lived in almost any European nation I would just fucking an hero

You struggle now because you never have had to put any effort into anything before. For bright kids, earlier education is a walk in the park. Most likely you underachieved with pretty good grades. You didn't learn the meta skills that come only through struggling. You need to work hard and learn from that. You will occasionally fail at something, but learn even more from that experience. It might be that you have never before failed at anything.

Studying in a university or a college requires hard work. But nobody is there to tell you exactly what to do – and when to do it. You need to study independently and be your own boss. It's easy to make todo lists and schedules and keep your calendar full. It's harder to complete tasks, keep schedules that you made only for yourself and find time to relax.

When you study, study with all your effort. Don't pretend-study by e.g. wasting lectures away by distracting yourself with social media. Relax and do something creative when you have free time. You can relax easily when you don't have any unfinished work haunting you.

I had the same problem as you did. I cruised through school until I reached university-level technology studies and found out I have very poor studying skills. It took me many years of partying, maturing and dabbling in my studies to understand what I should do. Then I stopped procrastinating on this board and graduated.

Attached: amis.jpg (498x733, 61K)

but i don't want to study...i dont like what i study and i cant find something which i might like.

So to sum up:
> i have to constantly force myself to study anything
Learn through hard work.
> i end up studying the day before exam and eventually fail
Learn how to study and manage your time.
> How do i get out of this ?
Check out if your college has a councelor or a study psychologist for these issues. Are there workshops for students with these issues? How about syncing some of your studies with peers so that you can together enforce a schedule and effective studying?
> Should i drop out ?
No, you should instead type English. Don't put a space before a question mark.
> But then what ?
Then you would be wasted potential.

I don't like what i study
I am lazy as fuck
I dont have any ambitions
I miss my homeland everyday
I have bad social skills and i hate normie stuff therefore i am always alone in my dorm

Study something that has a good career outlook. But the most important thing is to just study something. I know very little about the higher education system in the US, but I still recommend that. If you get an academic education, you will learn how to learn new stuff.

During your future career, a big deal of traditional jobs will move to other countries or become completely redundant. Those who don't know how to adapt have nothing to do but protest or get a shittier job with even worse security.

You have reached the level of your incompetence. Google "Peter Principle"

Good introspection skills are a great start. Here's two things with easy-to-do, hard-work-to-complete solutions:
> I am lazy as fuck
> I have bad social skills
Get out of your dorm and comfort zone. Seek out like-minded peers and college services. You will develop as a person and mature.

> I don't like what i study
> I dont have any ambitions
These aren't very straightforward. I'd try approaching them through alternatives. What else to study? What happens if you didn't study at all? Or even worse, took gender studies? You will most likely find that the alternatives lead to shit.

Nah, he's most probably just lazy with a lot of potential.

You may have ADHD

Fuck reality. If you want to focus hard core then you need drugs. Something to kick you into a higher gear. When you aren't hyper focused mellow the fuck out with drugs again. If you aren't what society wants then drug yourself into it. Fuck. It's so fucking simple.

I'm 17 and I'm also like this (never worked hard because pre university education isnt challenging) but I'm mathematically talented. Should I be worried?

no.

MODS

You are lazy, get some discipline and achieve your full potential.

I'm seeing therapist/psychologist today maybe i can get proper help

I did this because I'm like OP. Believe it or not there's constant learning and studying in the military to the point it's boring and tiring. Then again I'm in the Navy with IT job. Army would probably be different

I was in the same boat. All my friends said "You're going to be the next Tony Stark." It took me eight years after graduation to get my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I felt like a failure and second rate. I never had to study in high school or even pay attention. Now I'm at Purdue working on my PhD and things got even harder. I felt left out, like I was the only one struggling, I didnt want to put in the work. Turns out I have ADHD. I've always had it (messy, disorganized, brain always on 10 topics at once, kindof stumbled over my own words) but I just compensated for it because I was smart. Still working on getting it under control, but you really may want to look into this.