College grads BTFO HAHAHA

College grads BTFO HAHAHA.
Yall prolly are virgins too...
Chad welder reporting in

Attached: FB_IMG_1567034751150.jpg (552x685, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parkinsonsnewstoday.com/2017/01/03/study-links-parkinsonism-in-welders-to-prolonged-exposure-to-manganese/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When does a welding student make 100k a year.

Probably brag about your SA200 as well

good for you bro.
italy welder here, having a good time getting 4000 euro a month. Looks like welders is the best job all over the world.

god this is dum

Shhhh OP, don't trigger the college debtards. They have enough stress in their lives as is.

>t. Automobile painter who grossed 124K last year

Attached: 1481335846384.png (200x176, 61K)

College was the worst decision I ever made. Got a chem degree, I work in a lab, and luckily graduated without debt. But the pay is average and the work is something that any idiot without my degree could do. Save yourself the time and expense of college and just fucking forget it.

>universityfag
>not a dime of student debt
>six figure salary for a cushy office job
Y'all mind if I A S C E N D ?

Welding sucks

Let me guess, a degree in mathematics and 300K a year?

Attached: 1538668922827.png (576x545, 346K)

No good welding jobs in Pennsylvania.

May be 12.00 an hour to start

THIS THREAD IS BULL SHIT.

>welding
>not $15/hr

like i know a lot of nerds bought into this shit and they all woulda been fine flipping burgers

Well the a average is like 17.66 and hr, but yeah.

computer science?

Were talking about welding faggot

>Chad welder reporting in
To be on $100k per year must be in the top 1%ile. Pic relevant

Attached: Capture.jpg (639x209, 29K)

They brag about welding because it's a shit job that requires miniscule knowledge, but looks kinda cool therefore they have to pump it up otherwise they'd end up falling on their welding sticks an heroing into the history books that no-one will read, or write.

100,000 thousand dollars a year is bullshit.

not BS in Texas. all refinery related jobs pay well. my cousin is a welder makes about 175k, i sale industrial valves make around 200k.

Yeah to earn 6 figures as a welder you have to have a lot of experience and be highly specialized like underwater welding for example.

Pipe welders get paid good but its hard I could not do it.

Laborers often start off making good money, but their earning potential does not rise the longer they work.

A college degree might have you starting off not earning much, but over the course of your career your earning potential goes up, and you will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars more than your less educated peers.

Depends on the degree. Most people in really bad debt got basket weaving degrees and spent a 5th year to enjoy the experience more.

I was always going to do math and physics so I dont know what the school counselors say to the pre-basketweaving kids to convince them to waste time and money to gain only debt

>Automobile painter who grossed 124K last year
We're talking US dollars here, not Zimbabwean Dollars

>Software engineer
>Paid my debts crazy fast
>Work in a cozy environment at my pace
>No work-related injuries possible

I DONT LIVE IN TEXAS FAGGOT I LIVE IN PA .

fast forward 20 years
right is making 100k
left is dead from metal poisoning

Attached: shiggy1.jpg (800x800, 70K)

NEET here, if i can afford all the equipment myself and some books, you think i can learn welding by myself practising on whatever scrap i can find at the local recycling station?
what do certs typically cost?
how long do you think it would take at 1-2 hours a day?

Even the fucking Amish will pay you to weld their stuff ya dummy. There's welding jobs to be had but you're just a lazy nigger

That's a lot of fucking money.

larping this hard...to strangers

Underwater makes bank but if you're working in an area with a big community you get to attend a ton of funerals.

They always say "it's safer than ever" but I'm still losing friends, one every coupla years.

I am a work now faggot.

no

a lot of states will let you take classes for free in the hopes that you will stop being a useless drain on society

Ya 10 dollars an hour

alright i'll try to find something

Funny

Selling crack to middle school kids isn't a job homie

suckers. I have a Master's and make 225k a year. eat my balls

You have no friends dick head

I'm a boilermaker. You can make 100k+ a year as a tube and stainless welder that travels.

the fuck it isn't, they're way more resourceful when it comes to stealing drug money, plus they're easier to rob and less likely to rob you

Ok right I am selling crack whatever. I work at a door plant as a maintenance man.

>When does a welding student make 100k a year.

Skilled trades make bank. I was clearing 100k a year in my mid twenties just blowing shit up for the oilfield.

Soon I won't at the rate it's going.

Bullshit

t. riggered college student drowning in debt and Starbucks customer complaints

Welding makes a lot but u guys die pretty young. Breathing in all those fumes is ridiculously bad for you.

It's possible

work 80 hours a week out in the middle of nowhere

You'll hate life, but you'll have lots of money

Don't know what your saying

Union pipe fitters in Chicago make $47 a hour w/ benefits and a pension.

>No work-related injuries possible
other than carpel tunnel, poor posture leading to lower back injury, becoming a fatass, and just ultimately being a sperg

>just blowing shit up for the oilfield

There isn't an oilfield in the US that hires a demo tech without a bachelor's degree. LARP elsewhere.

Yes Parkinson's disease

But have to live in chicago

plus all the radiation

That arc is putting out everything from UV to X-rays

Lier

I was biochem and same thing, brother went electrical engineering and makes 100k almost right out of the gate. I started my PhD in electrical engineering now.

Moral of story is go engineering if u like science and want money

Cool, a welder in my country earns about 23 euro/month which is considered a below low salary. I rather be the college kid..

Fun fact tho: The prime minister of sweden have a background as a welder, but if i remember correctly he failed his higher education.

>Bullshit

It's true. I was getting 7k a month to be on call and made 300 a day every day I was out of my house for some reason. I got 450 a day if I worked more than half the month straight. That shit adds up fairly quickly.

Lol, I wanted to frame my first W-2 that almost cleared 100k. It was like 98.7 or something. I made 120 the next year.

Needed a college degree to become a high school teacher. Doing what I love. I make 50k a year, have amazing benefits, don't pay Social Security, work 9 months a year, and enjoy going to work every day. I'm happy with the way my life has gone so far.

enjoy your parkinsons disease

parkinsonsnewstoday.com/2017/01/03/study-links-parkinsonism-in-welders-to-prolonged-exposure-to-manganese/

Attached: shake.gif (500x335, 1008K)

>There isn't an oilfield in the US that hires a demo tech without a bachelor's degree.

Yeah, there is. You don't hire on as a "demo tech", by which you mean Wireline engineer. You can work your way up, which I did in about three years because I'm not a dipshit.

Ok I believe you just shut the fuck up. I have an associates degree in welding and did not do shit with it.

I wasn't replying to you, fatass. go huff some paint.

If it makes you feel any better I'm only making like 60k these days. I still only work half the year but I'm home more often which my wife really appreciates.

Luckily she makes about the same and we're doing really good actually.

>Luckily she makes about the same and we're doing really good actually.

Oh yeah, neither one of us has a degree.

No tig welder makes 100k a year.

>by which you mean Wireline engineer

No, I didn't

But that makes it even more bullshit

>You can work your way up

at what fucking producer

Even those hacks at Halliburton require you to go through the internal program, and you don't get into that program without a bachelors.

$250 shoes, $70k truck...you don't get rich by spending money, dude. Even if you're making a lot, you need to be able to manage it. I've seen VERY well earning tradespeople end up with nothing because they couldn't stop spending.

Besides, $100K a year? Nice start, boy. But only a nice start.

Not really.

SKULL YEHA BORTHER

There's a shitton of well-paying trades fucking everywhere in this country. It's just that no one knows because the education system keeps funneling children into even more schooling once they get out of high school.

I am too fam. I got 12 years of experience, work for the largest collision center in the country, and work in a high volume area. I might work close to 50 hours a week in total, but that 124K number is 100% the truth.

Don't let your ego get hurt too bad though, Uncle Sam bends me over and rapes me financially because I make too much money apparently despite working my ass off for it.

Attached: 1541620567511.jpg (1200x1158, 122K)

Move to Detroit then

I just wish a was not such a dumb fag the last thing I welded at a job was a stainless steel rack.that the boss said looked like something out of a doctor suse book. It was that crookit and warped

Why its a 3rd world country with niggers every where

>crookit

Attached: girls laughing.jpg (400x267, 34K)

Whatever

Make more pay more, it's been the truth since ancient times.

I live in a burb of Detroit, depending on where you live it can be really white, really black, or worst, really Asian (shitty ass drivers in Canton and Novi). I would like to know about welding jobs in the area though. I took welding classes 15 years ago in highschool and always thought it was fun. Can I get an apprenticeship without going back to college?

I've been an officefag for over 20 years and it will destroy your body. Not like drywallfag destroyed, but a lot more than you'd expect.

I'm a welder with an associates in welding science and a bachelors in business, and I'm like 60k in debt. Checkmate

I heard sitting is the new smoking

>But that makes it even more bullshit

You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Only half the dudes in my position in any of the companies I worked for had degrees. That's just reality.

>at what fucking producer

I broke out at Haliburton actually. Most the major *service companies* offer hands plenty of routes to move up. The smart folks take them.

>I heard sitting is the new smoking

Sitting causes blood clots which kill folks every day. We're not meant to spend all that time on our ass.

The dick suckers and ass kissers take it.

I GOING HOME FOR THE DAY TRY NOT TO SUCK EACH OTHER DICKS TO HARD FAGGOTS.

>Chicago
They know that you won't make it to pension.

23 euro a month?
Are you in fucking uganda?

>The dick suckers and ass kissers take it.

lol, I see. You washed out and couldn't break out. This statement? It's the kind made by losers who just never had what it takes and think there's some kind of alternative reason they didn't make it.

The guy who made it where you didn't wasn't kissing ass. He was just doing the work and doing it well. That's why he was popular with management. He didn't fuck up all the time like you did.

Got a BS in Biology
MS in Environmental Sciences, stable Isotope analysis study did a lot of Mass Spec work.

Worked a bunch of analytical chemistry jobs coming out of school. Ended up working for a chemical manufacturing company and made it to management as Quality Engineer due to my analytical background.

Making +100k working in an office. It’s all how you build your resume, and work experience. I worked my butt off to be here and always continued my education, whether it’s online courses or classes offered my customers or chemie coursework.

If you are not motivated and expect a degree to get you a high paying job, you’ll learn that you won’t move up far in any company/ field.

Also welding is a great field, but bad on the eyes.

Attached: FF2162EE-9615-4750-B053-6D60FE90790D.jpg (3088x2320, 1.18M)

Imagine being proud of doing a job a middle schooler can do.

Faggot

I am Deputy Chief Engineer at a manufacturing plant.

We pay our welding apprentices about 45k a year and we send them to college for free for 4 years while they are in the apprenticeship. After that, they make in the low 70K But can make more if they put in more OT.

Paystub or gtfo faggot

Welding is still technically an associates degree. It’s at least offered that way in many community colleges.

Took welding classes. electric boat was the only company that showed up to recruit. And they where paying 15 a hour witch is minimum wage now. so no thanks.

yeah,

ain't me.

>Only half the dudes in my position in any of the companies I worked for had degrees.

Oh. I see now. you're not a field engineer - you're an op wearing an "engineer" title. alright. never-mind.

doing what?

>analytical chemistry

One of the first believable posts in thread. you keep pimping, you beaker-shuffling bastard.

This.

I know professionals who earn 150k a year, and are drowning in debt.

trade jobs are easily automated

According to bls the 2018 median pay was $41,380 per year. That's around the same as a teacher.

Imagine paying to fucking learn welding. I'm 20 and make $104k a year after taxes, tigging food grade stainless for government contractors. Full benefits and 401k with a 50/50 retirement fund. Fuckin cucked bookheads.

Went to college for 5 years (engineering) and now 4 years later I'm pulling 160k/y.
I expect to make an average of 250k/y in a few years, from talking to older colleagues in the company (guys aged 35+).
But I'm happy that you're happy with your lot in life.

NO welder in my town gets out of bed for $36,700. Unless it's his first 6mo on the job.

prolly a very expensive town then, which means everyone else earns more than average too and you're still a poorfag

Fuck you faggot I will kick your ass.

Bullshit

I hope all welders die of lung cancer.

Why do these threads keep popping up? Why do people actually post in them?

>Fuck you faggot I will kick your ass.

Lol, if you're worthless at real work you're probably worthless in a fight too.

Fuck you I got a 80 grand a year job.

Attached: burn cream.jpg (800x800, 100K)

Faggots

>Oh. I see now. you're not a field engineer - you're an op wearing an "engineer" title. alright. never-mind.

Dude, it's not that hard to be an actual engineer. I went from assistant to field engineer in 3 years. None of the equipment is in any way complicated. Hell, the only reason it took that long was that they didn't have an open spot yet.'

Maybe when you break out you'll see how easy it all is.

>60k student debt
>much higher upward potential
>faggot welder sinks himself into debt over a truck
>100k maybe but 0 fringe benefits
inb4 cope

buddy of mine made 47,000 in 4 months as a welder in the oilfield. too bad he liked weed too much.

Mr perfect. Every thing so easy. Faggot

>Fuck you I got a 80 grand a year job.

Bullshit. Dues who are doing slightly better than worthless aren't this bitter. Your anger tells the real story, doesn't it?

thats like 50 bucks american isnt it?

My guess is that OP, like many of his peers, is unhappy with his life... and watching others reach their dreams or outearn him due to career choice.
He copes by trying to get some kind of confirmation/recognition online, usually by either impersonating the most successful of his peers he knows, or including something like an inheritance he got this year in his declared earnings.
Or straight out lying, though such types usually like to have some technical truth in their posts.

>Mr perfect. Every thing so easy. Faggot

It is easy. You check everything you're supposed to check, you do everything you're supposed to do and you don't half ass it then everything works the way it's supposed to.

That's how everything works actually. Put in the work and the work gets done. Be half ass and then you wind up whining about how unfair life is and how everyone who's doing what you want to do must be an ass kisser.

Losers make excuses.

Auto Collision Repair Tech here. This is my first year as a professional.

I didn't even go to school, I learned my trade by being a helper for 2 yeas and perfecting my skills through text books and working overtime.

I get paid 18.5 an hour and make about 120 hours per week. Working a typical 8-5. My gross is over $100,000 now.

Feels good to be 23 and paying my parents cars and house.

tldr; Skill jobs are where its at, no question. But expect to work your ass off to get there. This isn't for the fucking casual. Only those that earn and deserve it, make it to that $100,000 tier.

Ok asshole go kiss ass faggot

all that money usually goes to nothing. they've never had such a high paying job before so they don't think about saving it. i had a friend who made some serious cash out in the oilfields but partied every fuckin night and got fired for having drugs in his system and literally came back with nothing to show for it. 0 dollars in his bank account, and a shitty little truck his dad gave him.

>Ok asshole go kiss ass faggot

I think I'll just stay in my nice house and kiss my attractive wife. lol.

Stay mad loser. Bye.

Me to fag

someone is coping here and it is not the OP. There is NO upward potential anymore for a bachelors degree. The market is overly saturated with them. There IS however a shortage of skilled trades.

Sick of kiss ass faggots !!!!

You seem to be in the top few percent of motivated workers in your field. Kudos!

But you do realize that a STEM degree will yield $100,000 for the lazy ones who don't work their ass off, consistently over the rest of their lifetime?
And engineers who are about as motivated as you are tend to be millionaires before they turn 40.

College grad. No debt bc scholarships bc im actually smart. Making 150k/yr at 25 with ridiculous benefits.

Fuck you to. assholes

this is your fantasy and you drive a GMC truck in it? lol

nice try faggot, I know you only make about $17/hr and work 60 hour weeks to still only end up at 60k

For $100K/year I'd suck almost any dick or kiss almost any ass, up to 3 hours a day even.

Truth hurts?
Look, I mean no offense, so sorry if I cause you discomfort.

But I became a father 2 years ago. I have to think of my daughter's future and I want the best for her.
This includes making sure as hell she doesn't make the _stupid_ choice, which is anything except going to college.

If you go to college for anything other then STEM you are a dumb was.

If you think being a metal melt monkey is "chad" then I'm sorry for you.

Operations research analyst
/ acuaries are laughing their way to the bank at your dumb ass.

Enjoy your lung issues later in life
Enjoy your shit eyesight later in life
Enjoy your disgusting hands no female ever wants on or in them

Enjoy your clothing and false sense of pride.

Heres a hint for you. When they say blue collar work is the backbone of this nation. What they mean is, i enjoy stepping on you stupid worker ant.

>FB
opinion discarded

Yeah I agree. Well, getting to any high pay caliber is only for those that earn it. My post was more intended to those that will never make it into college.

Are you retarded? Euros are worth more than USD. In that user's post he's saying he makes $4,434.

Attached: 1566961281678.png (400x333, 91K)

>inb4 cope but unironically says it anyway

my friend has a bachelors, moved to nyc and makes 120k doing IT. he was making 40k before he moved. it's all what you major in and how you apply it. a bachelors is such a general grouping as vast as art history vs biochemical engineer.

this meme of welding vs college has been going on since 2012 from what i remember. so either it's bullshit or humans somehow became incapable of responding to market forces.

post was meant for this one

Apology accepted I am so pissed off that I have a associates degree and I never was taught fabrication /cutting angles leveling stuff.

Only in developed countries stupid shit like this happens. In India education is important and college education definitely pays

I am sorry 4 being a fag also.

>welding
>100k a year

if you are really good you will make 30 dollars an hour which averages out to 60k a year and thats only if you are really good

nice meme job, soon ill automate you away when i program a robot to weild

this is the crux of it. you're essentially working x2 50k/year jobs. that's hardly some panacea of a job. might as well work as a bank clerk 80 hours a week and not live in some over priced shithole like west texas

Robots do weld, most of the welding work that pays is too complicated for robots.
And it's easy to make 100k

Paid off 75k student debt in 2 years.

I have a compute science degree and I'm currently an IT project manager. I make around 90k a year and I barely do a damn thing. College is worth it if you have an actual plan

Mind if I ask a few questions?
What specialty (Mech/Civil/etc)?
What state/City?
Anything that’d contribute to making >60k?
I thought 70k was average after the PE.

Attached: 1462322103727.jpg (389x597, 26K)

Bullshit robots do the hard welds

Sadly true. Florida College Grad in IT. Highest I ever made was $16 an hour. Often as only IT guy in a company, which means I NEVER was able to take a single vacation. College not only lied to me about my income, they charged me till my ass bled. Those of you who are going to tell me IT in YOUR area pays $. Well lucky fucking you.

Making bank by 20. Starting to shake by 40.

Seems like a lot of trades are hard work. I make $50k and only work like 2-4 hours a day.

Also IT. Seattle tho

They do the monotonous welds they can be programmed for. Humans are capable of adaptation and critical thinking in ways the machine simply cannot compete with

they tend to be hard on your back. most I know in construction, electrician, and the A/C trades all have really bad backs.

Just strolled into this thread and I gotta say this: hope you're making the best choice for her.

If she's mechanically inclined, when she's older, why not let her go into a trade? Sure, it's physically hard, but it's good money, and steady work typically.

It's probably been said throughout the thread, but STEM is the best bet for the college route, which may not be for everyone though. No offense to your daughter, but that route not play to her strengths. Personally, while I always got "straight A's" in school, I was always more mechanically inclined and more importantly, more hands-on. I started college as an Engineering major (wanted to eventually focus on Electrical Engineering), and long story short, because of the 5 years of math classes, ended up with a BA in Sociology. Four years later, I'm an electrician, after going to trade school (on the governments dime), but still $50k in the hole, because of schooling. And yeah, I did I want to do research, but $100k more in the hole for a Masters, doesn't seem smart to me.

"Stupid" is going to college "because that's what your parents want". "Stupid" is becoming tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a degree you can't use. "Stupid" is graduating high school and working minimum wage retail for the rest of your life. But don't EVER say that "not going to college" is the "stupid choice".

I've never seen someone fall so hard.

Attached: pic1.jpg (360x507, 30K)

pay anything there, or shit pay like me?

Sure.
Note I didn't write $, because I'm earning in €, but the numbers aren't that much off.
- mechanical engineering BSc, naval engineering Msc, now shipwright
- currently Antwerpen, but I started off in Barcelona
- I'm not aware of any of my colleagues earning less than 150k in Belgium, in Spain we were starting at 120k, so nothing special, just career choice
What am I doing on Yea Forums? Sitting in Canberra and trying to find stupid things to do while jetlagged^^

[citation needed]

The other post was mine. $50k and ez work but here $50k barely pays for anything so eh

Yeah I got a bad back as it is I don’t want to be a cripple by 40. Lol

I did commercial fire alarm installation for a few years before I saved up enough to go to school full time to get my CompSci degree.

Easy as shit and I was making about 70k a year straight out of high school, but it probably permafucked my eardrums, and the hours were completely different every day, so you couldn't really do anything outside of work that needed a consistent schedule.

Am studing medicine and will specialize in neuro, sooo.....

Attached: 1522142372_VirginChad.png (2518x1242, 230K)

>if you are really good you will make 30 dollars an hour which averages out to 60k a year

Or you can do it offshore. 100+ hour weeks make for pretty GD big checks.

>got fired for having drugs in his system

I don't know anyone who went out to the oilfields who didn't. You're usually only getting drug tested if you really fuck something up.

High voltage electrician, all substation work. Base pay is 116k I usually end the year at about 135k a year but I'm not a overtime whore.

I got an AA degree because I didn't know what I was gonna do until I became an electrician. You don't need college.

Get in a trade or start your own business.

Your right

What kind of tard math is 8 to 5 but 120 hours per week

honestly I know this is some attempt at making yourself feel better, as it is well-known that attack originate from insecurities, but if you are doing what you love (in your case, welding) then good for you. I went to university for 4 years, then professional school for another 4. It was a lot but I can say i’m doing what I love, so it’s no bother to me. Cheers

union or non union? I'm planning on starting an apprenticeship asap and get into the electrical trade. are you a lineman?

This is clearly jewish propaganda. The jews dont want white american men to go to school so that they can continue their takeover of American corporations.

Programmers are mostly soy-boy-beta-cucks.

Attached: image.jpg (372x372, 34K)

don't count your chickens before they hatch, have fun dropping out :)

Union position, PG&E in California. Substation maintenance electrician is my title

I'm in college but know how to weld. I only ever found jobs making $50k a year. Where the hell do you get a job welding that makes that much?

Having a higher education degree starts you off at a higher financial baseline. It gives you a much better shot at the more attractive positions in a given company. It tends to be more future-/automation-proof. And socially it opens up so many doors it's not even funny.
That's my impression over the last 4 years (the time I've started to pay much more attention to this) from interacting with friends and acquaintances, which include everything across craftsmen, scientists, laborers, etc.

Very few people here (EU) have student debt worth speaking of, so that's a non-issue. I do realise that this gives us completely different perspectives.

Sure, if my daughter wants to become a singer, I'll pay for the voice trainers and send her to a conservatory. If she wants to become an athlete, fine with me as well.
But if, say, she generally wants to work in journalism, then I will strongly encourage her to get a BSc and some nice MSc to go with, over joining a newspaper out of school and trying to work her way up.
I've seen and heard plenty of "this kid is more mechanically inclined" or "that craft is more to her talent" cases. And I've seen those kids (e.g. my school mates) end up in a weaker financial/social position in life.

Never met an engineer that made more than 100k.. then again, not many engineers will make that unless they are high-tier engineers with years of exp.

is that considered industrial?

I pulled in 65k last year...that was my first year doing my trade. Im on track to make 80k this year. Shit is pretty cash yo

70 plus hours a week, don’t forget overtime and holiday pay... dumb ass, I’ve seen fueling techs get paid $16 an hour getting 70+ hours a week, and still break 100k gross

I'm a friggin engineer (details: ) and I've never met someone in my line of work who makes less than 100k. Of course discounting those working half-time, motherhood breaks, sabbaticals etc.

Transmission or high voltage. Industrial is more like putting in 3 phase equipment in commercial buildings and processing plants.

I know where I work they start the engineers off at around 70K which is usually what our apprentice electricians and lineman make.

Not the same guy here, but autotechs get paid by the job rate, not actual hours. Thats how he/she is able to make 120 hours in a week. I did a 3.5 hour job in 1.5 hours, still got paid for 3.5

Must be from a different area then, guess it all depends on who you work for and where you’re located.

Im from the states, not the EU

>makes 100k/year
>70k truck
Obviously having money doesn't make you understand money.

Guess they dont understand monthly payments either lolol

>doesn't have student loan debt
>does have a lease on a $70k truck

top kek

No sorry. I am not posting details here.

Building credit so they can get that house on a lease too. Not a welder, but what’s wrong with a lease? Make easy payments, and still have money, plus building credit.

He's mad that he can't afford to either pay in full or make payments

Don't live beyond your means. 100k is a solid income, but you still shouldn't be stupid with the money. Leasing a new car is one of the most expensive ways to get into a vehicle.
I make 120k and I drive a car that I bought for 20k. You can have nice things, just don't waste your money.

LOL nice try OP.

You : No education, back breaking work in 100+ degree garage inhaling toxic welding fumes : $100k/yr, no healthcare, no 401k
Me : Masters degree in electrical engineering, no student loans, working in an air conditioned office building, $182k/yr, full healthcare, 33yrs old and already have $455k in my 401k.

You lose, try again.

Yeah, high ass monthly payments with another high ass insurance payment.

Welders are like drummers

Essential yet easily replaceable
Dumb as rocks
Complain about everything
Seldom understand the bigger picture...

in music it’s the composition in welding it’s your fucking health you fucking dim wit. Have fun dying at 60

Because only a retard leases. Buy a $70k vehicle, you end up paying like $90k for the thing after everything is all said and done.

If you can't get into college, you're still a full-value human being. There's no shame in being a craftsman and it's ridiculous to suggest so.
To each according to their abilities, and all that jazz.

But... a welder feeling superior to a STEM degree holder is like in a competition of 20, the guy who finished 12th making up reasons why he's better than the guy who finished 5th.
Even if you have different priorities, we all more or less agree that income and social prestige measure the success in this competition called life.

So true

Pay info for welders is skewed as fuck. They lump all welders together and come up with an average.

structural welders don't make shit and there are shit ton of em
pipe welders make decent money
pipe liners make bank
underwater makes stacks on stacks but work can be sporadic depending on what company you work for
can also vary wildly if youre working a production shop depending on process (tig, mig, stick, subarc, welding with motherfucking lasers) or different alloys.
Im a pipe welder working in Houston area and make 34/hr not plus I get retirement and health ins.
even then my pay will vary year to year depending on how much work we have and the amount of over time we're getting.

Entrepreneur -
Income - sky is the limit
Debt - depends on circumstance: buying inventory
education - could be self-taught

Bonus: not a carcass in a cubicle, not a cuck working as a waiter.

Attached: 54520023_619278481832786_4909858234552025088_n.jpg (640x446, 30K)

Welders - exactly how bad is it for your health to breath in extremely heated alloys and metals all day long? How bad is it for your eyes? I am interested, but the health risks scare me.

Good luck dude. Been there, done that. Sky is the limit on one end. There is no limit on the other side. Be careful.

Saddest cope in this thread so far

Startup success rate in general:

Why do people bullshit so hard on this site to strangers? No one believes you fag, every engineer i know makes like 60 to 70k right after graduating. Most won't get to 100k until mid career, let alone your pulled out of ass numbers you "expect" to make. Grow the fuck up

Ain't no weldIng STUDENTS driving around in $70,000 trucks. At least be realistic when btfo college cucks.

im in a welding college rn this si true however they will be in 70k trucks whent they grad

youre eyes should be fine as long as you aren't stupid. Use quality lenses with the right shade for the process youre doing.

As far as breathing shit in that's another story. not sticking youre face in the weld will help but the smoke will still drift around your hood a bit

That is if you can hold on to a steady job. I have 4 relatives that are welders and they're constantly in and out of work. Been like that for years. Pays good if you can land something long term but just be prepared to be looking for work while you're working.

You stupid monkey that is literally impossible to break 100k with 16 dollars an hour at 70 hrs a week. Next time when you larp, maybe DON'T be retarded

Nah, its quite possible that welding students will drive around in 70k trucks. They think they're hot shit. They'll get high interest financing on the truck, and end up spending 150k on it over the life of the loan.

No motivation to lie, and I already answered here: Feel free to not believe whatever you want, but making up claims about mid career salaries won't help your case.

Diesel tech for a county garage here.
My base is 65k but I pull down 70k working a couple of holidays a year and some OT. I promise you I’m not working as hard as most of these guys.
When I was trying I made 85k with limited OT and all the holidays. (double time and 1/2)

unless they can't make payments and it gets repossessed. Just drive around town, drive out to where welders work, like in the oilfields and just look at the trucks they're driving, literally none of them are new $70,000 trucks, they're all late 90's early 00's half primered beat to shit thrashers. Only the bosses drive those new trucks and most of the time they don't even drive them to work unless they want to show it off. They keep them garaged and they have old reliable shitters they use for their work truck.

How's your salary progression going to be over the next 10 years?

Shut up

I make 140k a year as a college grad. It just depends on whether you're smart enough to use your time in college effectively.

If you move to the oilfields of Sisterfuck, Oklahomo and work double shifts, maybe.

OPs right you know. You could also be an electrician, make a fuck ton of money after you become a journeyman, then retire at 55 with your pension.

I wish I would have done that.

That sounds great until you’re 40 on your third company and still paying on college loans while your 20yo nephew is making as much as you with no dept and will probably never be out of work.

This is my friend’s reality. His nephew is an auto body finisher. So he mostly just sands and paints.

Chad business owner here

I make $100 gorillion a day. eat it

How much does nuke plant welding pay?

How much is a gorillion? I haven't heard that term before. Can you buy a small country with that?

Enjoy the women your blue collar lifestyle allows lol. College kid here, made 280k off business this year and 10k off music. Still in school, too. Enjoy your job laborer! Thanks for making up the necessary foundation of the capitalist pyramid. What am I referring to? Oh, right... You didn't go to school :o

interesting...
> counts electricians I know
> know 2 guys (1 by name)
> both don't seem poor or rich, but middle class
> mfw middle class can retire at 55 with a fuck ton of money

>literally made 2 and a half times that this week sitting on my ass making phone calls

get fucked, business world is where the big boys play

Based

I’ve gotten at least 3% every contract.
The highest was 9% over a three year (contract) period.

>cuz theyre used to being poor

Weldings fun

Remember that when the plumber is boning your college grad wife while you’re scrambling to pay your debts and stay relevant in the working world.

You misspelled commission fam.

Attached: 1EE90FB8-2D96-45D3-A06B-C6D14EAEFCA2.jpg (500x500, 30K)

So your friend's a failure?
And what's a realistic salary increase over the next 30 years in the nephew's profession?

Seriously, just look at the average salaries of STEM vs crafts.
And yeah, student loans suck. Better to live on a continent where they don't exist (for the most part).

According to pretty much all statistics on infidelity, the degree holder is banging the plumbers wife. Women fuck upwards.

ITT: People doing jobs that literally anybody can do and being proud of it.

ITT: People with no motivation or intelligence to actually take part in groundbreaking scientific advancements that will propel our species as a whole into a new age of technology.

ITT: Complete losers who will only die with money and without their names in any textbooks or ever be seen as anything notable anywhere for the rest of eternity.

Why even live that way? May as well just kill yourself now.

Yep, could't have said it better myself user.

Good job!

>I sale

Sure thing

He’s lying. Most engineer plant management jobs top out at 125k. Unless he’s a petroleum engineer. My guess he’s an engineering student trying to flex.

Source: I’m a ChemE

How do i get a job like this where I dont have to deal with Hicks and Macho types??? Don't get me wrong, I like Hicks, I just hate working with them

Welding is shit. My uncle was a welder for his whole career. It’s hard on the body, and he’s got all sorts of aches and pains now. And he was laid off one f his job after 20 years. Took him a while to find a new welding gig because there was lots of competition and he commanded a higher salary now than beginners can ask for. I went to college and I have plenty in the bank now and if I get let go I just pick up a new job like that. Yeah you have loans for a while but as long as you’re not going crazy with six figure loans it’s manageable. Paid mine off years ago, but then again I’m not a millennial and didn’t have to pay that much at the time, so maybe it’s up to you to decide what’s best. I wanted a nice desk job and I have it, no strain or pain, so I’m good.

Oh boy, do you really think this kind of stuff happens? The fact that you would even say this is far more of an insult to yourself than me because you: a) think that a plumber is anything but laughed at like a peasant by my daughter-of-the-1% college age girlfriend and that b) I would associate with the kind of trailer trash or am pathetic enough like yourself to associate with the kind of woman devolved enough to cheat.

well a plumber is below all of society, the 20th century mcdonalds worker in terms of cheap jabs overplayed in amateur stand up routines. if you need to tell yourself something twice on an anonymous image board, its because even you know its indefensible bullshit. keep playing with poop, girls love that!

>without their names in any textbooks or ever be seen as anything notable
Welcome to reality, bud. 99.999% of humanity falls into this category.

Nope, CEO and founder. Thanks for the doubt, really sells how much it hurt to hear for you

So the statistics written by college grads tell you that your wife is less likely to cheat on you if you go to college.

Meanwhile those same statisticians don’t realize the painter working at their house is probably screwing their wives.

Yup.

And? Go out and try if that matters to you. I'm in the process of changing the way human beings interact with music forever and have the means and plan to do it. I am also carrying out said plan. You have the ability to do this, doubt is the only thing that can stop you. Most human beings live in constant agony of a knowing of this that denial due to subsequent guilt disallows them from realizing.

You'll have to excuse that I'm going to regard legit journal publications as closer to the truth than whatever it is you just made up right there :D

Only tools have those fucking double rear end jobs. Seriously kys.

Good for you. Hope it works out. Can you give us a hint though on what to expect? When I realize I've completely changed the way I interact with music, I'll remember this thread and think of you.

Cause it's impossible to automate welding or any other manual labor lollol

Attached: q0ft0slc4xj21.jpg (750x737, 109K)

Good luck fixing that leak. I’m sure your wife will be faithful while your gone.

You on the other hand sound like you know your way around sweaty workman.
Maybe they’ll give you a discount!

I tend bar. Pretty recession proof. No, I'll never be rich, but I do get to constantly drink and tell/hear jokes on the job. It's all about what you want out of life. If I don't have another kid my retirement should be smooth fucking sailing.

Funny story.
US launch companies buy rocket engines from russia. Those engines are hand welded. When rocketdyne had one of its own F1 engines scanned they found the welds were near impossible to duplicate, except by hand. Which very few people can do these days.
So they started looking for new ways to make the engines they produced in the 1960’s.

I got a B.S. in Chemistry and got a job working at a chemical plant that actually pays really well for my area. It's not too bad, though most of my coworkers are lazy fucks. Mostly just saving up money until I decide to go back for my Ph.D

I'm a lawyer and doing very well but I really wish I had become a carpenter instead. Don't get to use my hands much at all and I always take work home with me.

We need more people learning valuable trades instead of bullshit like women's studies or critical theory. How are they supposed to get meaningful jobs?

If you didn’t know, F1 engines powered the Saturn rockets for the Apollo missions.

As a lawyer you and your brethren are my favorite people lol

Respect for knowing what you want.
Question about your kid(s): do you motivate them to go to college so they have a better shot at getting rich, or do you hands-off let them figure it out themselves?

You keep going unprompted to this whole wife cheating thing. Everything ok at home bud? Some masculinity issues going on?

Ha! I used to work at a spot called 'The Jury Room' that was directly across the street from the courthouse. We sure saw a lot of you guys.
I dunno, it makes me happy. I dispense joy for a living, and my stories are a billion times better than my homies from back in the day that went on for different careers.

This. Im chemE and worked in the oilfield for a while making good money, now work in corrosion making good money. Engineering is versatile

Engineers are mostly right wing, especially software who didn't go to college.

I just have the one and I just let him do his own damn thing. If he wants money I tell him to knock on the neighbors doors and offer to mow their lawn. If he gets good grades I let him play hockey (weird that he's so passionate about it since we live in fucking California) But at the end of the day, he's only 12. If he wants to go to college that's fine. I did and it was a waste of fucking time, but it tangentially lead to my current career so perhaps not?

I did wireline for 4 years, last year of it was pretty much casing inspections and plug setting when oil tanked

speaking as a software engineer... virtually everyone i know with a software engineer job description went to college.

as for being right wing, look at software engineering hubs such as silicon valley or seattle (where i'm at) and think again.
granted, we tend to be a bit less left wing than certain other college grads, but i'd say a 2:1 dems:reps ratio, many libertarians, no right wing nuts.

Jumping in.
College grad. Cyber-criminology degree. $200k year. Conservative. Even conceal carry at the office. Only people in our building who are left or left-leaning are the bitches in finance, and a lot of the executive staff. Everyone here in IT/security is right or conservative, some with college degrees some without.

me, seattle

you, where?

Lots of trades make good money. They might start out low but by the time college kids are graduating you are already mid career not to mention that you have zero student debt. Unless you are going to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer, then you are stupid to go to college.

Attached: 1566931800422.jpg (354x480, 84K)

post limit?

>Never went to college, joined the military and got my IT certs.

I now make over 100k a year and telework from home full time. I essentially get paid brain surgeon money to sit at home in my underwear and play video games all day.

Attached: 1566755230494.jpg (350x435, 51K)

Hawt

>100k a year
>brain surgeon money
topkek

Tfw don't want to go to college or work a trade

find a rich 80 year old of the opposite gender and schmoo dem

good plan, I'll suck that 80 year old pussy to escape the shit workforce

Yeah, let me lick them flaps.

If you calculate how much I get paid vs how much I actually work then I probably make a lot more. Doctors get paid a lot but they also put in like 80 hour weeks.

Or the same gender. It's current year after all.

Unless you're a radiologist. Strictly 9-5, yet among the highest paid doctors.
Of course any hospital specialization is terrible in that regard, but brain surgeons tend to work comparatively little.
Sauce: wife's an anesthesiologist, sometimes in the neuro OR.

yeah but the mindset of your old geezers/geezerettes tends to come from the 60s

The 60s were a wild time. We're actually comparatively pretty prude these days.

ok, i concede same gender

So, did we win?

I declare victory: welders are cucks.

hi

im thinking of getting an apprenticeship in germany. i thought welder would be nice. its about the berlin area, how much would i get?

Don't be a cuck.

With welding it's all about where you give up on learning and expanding your skillset. If you barely learn the basics and are just some retard who poorly glues shit together with fire then yeah, you'll be stuck at $17 wagecuckdom. If your some autist who can't follow directions or maintain eye contact when speaking with old hats, yeah you'll stuck in some shithole outsourced part shop that probably only hired you cause ICE party banned half their staff. But if your smart and keep learning, pick an industry to specialize in and always keep an ear for jobs you can make the big bucks faster than any college cuck.

Check out out what your local community colleges over, depending on where you live you could even get free classes