Question for British anons. What are the guns laws like in Britain...

Question for British anons. What are the guns laws like in Britain? What kind of guns can you own and how strict are they?

Attached: Barry.png (407x367, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_retreat
gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends where you live.

In northern Ireland you can keep guns for self defense. If you can prove your life is in danger you can conceal carry.

Gee, thanks for the detailed and thorough explanation.

You need a "good reason" to own a gun. If I recall correctly, defence is not one of them. You can own a shotgun if you live on a farm.

Handguns are completely outlawed. We can own .22 air rifles, shotguns and some hunting rifles. If you buy any of the above except the 22's then you need to register for a licence through the police and they will visit your home to assess that you have a safe place to store them and for what reason you wish to own them. It's pretty easy as long as you have no serious criminal convictions or mental health issues

Thread was about to 404. Its like a bump.

shotguns are restricted by barrel length, has to be no shorter than 24". also pump shotty is only legal if its been modified to house no more than three rounds.
Handguns are almost comletely banned, although there are some obscure exemptions. (google thomas hailton 1996)
Rifles must be single shot only, nothing capable of semi auto fire is permitted . (google michael ryan 1987)

We aren't insecure assholes so we don't need guns to shoot each other with

You fatasses know nothing of our Britbong weapons. Fear our wrath.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x474, 19K)

Looks like britbongs already answered the question.Story time

>have friend that lived in essex
>his mom assaulted
>house burgled
>he got held up twice by same gang
>police patrolled his street for a few days in response
>police leave
>house broken into 2nd time
>killed family doggo
>tires slashed
He says thats fucking it
>buys a 22
>takes vacation to stay home all week
>backdoor being kicked in 2nd night
He fires two rounds at the door, and shrapnel hit one of the two chavs. One was armed with a knife. Police arrive and detain friend and chavs. Friend ends being charged for attempted murder and unlawful use/possession. Just one of the two chavs got charged with any crime. They couldnt link them to anything in the past. Friend served5 years on lesser charges

Guns must be stored in a secure locker when not in use, and the local police constabulary may insist on further security measures such as burglar alarms or security grills/gates on the property.
The cerificate must be reviewed every 5 years, and can be revoked if you fail to meet these requirements.

People with criminal records will almost never qualify for a certificate, same for people with a history of mental illness.

Airguns have far less restrictions.
12ft.lb is the max allowable for a rifle, 6ft.lb for a pistol.
at 14 years old you may own an air gun
At 18 you may buy one, but this is at the stores discretion, the majority of gunshops won't sell to anyone under 21.
Mail order sales are not allowed, you can buy online, but you must collect in person and prove ID.

friendo should've got a bat or a knife, reasonable force is allowed now.

>this user is a retard
ukara License dickhead, you even need one for a gosh darn airsoft gun

I think it changed a bit in resoonse to public backlash. This was well over 10 years ago. Friend inherited everything his mom left behind. Vehickes, house, money, etc. sold everything and moved to the states. He lives in Pa. why, i dont know. Couldnt convince him to move to Tx. Something about it being to big and spread out

This is factually incorrect

fuck off barry

Two licenses s1- for most civ legal firearms. You need a good reason to own these and need to tell the police where u intend to shoot it and also store the gun and ammo in different safes

S2- for any shotguns other than full auto over 24” with capacity for no more than 3 rounds

S1 guns are- any caliber lever action, bolt action, revolving or single shot rifles, .22 semi autos and pump actions and any shotguns which are capable of holding more than three rounds (best example is saiga 12)

I applied for and obtained a shotgun certificate. Wasn’t very hard, as previously mentioned, just need a gun locker.

what are the laws then you fucking faggot

you don't need a license for airguns unless they are over the stated pressure.
also, bows and crossbows are license free

>ukara
thats for airsoft, faget.

na m8 we iz free as umerica init you cant

Attached: 4336134024_6a6ab83789_z[1].jpg (634x640, 116K)

From what I understand, Her Majesty's peasants do not have the right to self-defense. Instead, they have the moral and legal "duty to retreat." Basically it is seen as a worse crime to fight back and possibly injure or kill an assailant (only the authorities have this right); a lowly peasant must "retreat" as long as they can until the authorities arrive to relieve them and control the situation.

This is why you hear so many fucked up cases of burglars and other criminals successfully suing homeowners and people who fought them off. It's the absurd idea that violence to protect oneself, loved ones, or property is ALWAYS wrong, unless the infallible State is perpetrating it. This is why "defense" is not a good reason to own a gun in bongland; slaves are not allowed to defend themselves, and arming slaves has historically been a bad idea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_retreat

scotland and NI have to have certs for airguns now, but england and wales don't

too fukin rite m8

Attached: 058EFE9300000514-2908647-image-a-10_1421225009992[1].jpg (634x423, 88K)

one of the few good things the pig molesters government did was do away with this bullshit

gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders

>pre-plan a trap for someone - rather than involve the police
TFW I am unabel to properly booby trap my home legally

Attached: 1496877729539.jpg (682x600, 101K)

you will never know the joy of setting fire to joe pesci's head

We can't own assault rifles if that's what you're asking.
We don't need military grade weapons to stop tyrany, as if an AR15 would be any good against tanks and drones.

i wonder if shooting someone with a compound bow is considered unreasonable force?

My mate legally owned a shotgun.
Just needed no criminal record and money to get the licence.

Don't say "military grade" or "military style". These are made up terms that imply that AR-15s are the same as military guns. They look the same but work differently. Please commit this to memory: Only the military has military guns (and sometimes SWAT teams and certain parts of FBI). That's it. Commercially available AR-15s look like M-4s, but they do not work like M-4s. Only the military has military guns.