Be me

>be me
>vacation at family's lake house
>lake amistad, TX
>explore the canyons
>come across this fucking thing
What is it, an ammonite or what? is it worth anything?
Shotgun shell for scale reference

Attached: 34534535.jpg (1016x762, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I8bU4EP6LTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not typically worth much but they're cool to find. pretty common actually. one of that size might be a little more desirable. find them all the time in central Texas.

>What is it

It was put there by God to test your faith.

>The earth is 6000 years old.
>Snakes talk.

That's a Helix Fossil, it will evolve into an Omanyte

Bestest post.

>I’ll have to call my buddy in on this one. He’s a fossil expert.
>Expert - “This should be in the Smithsonian, it’s worth a million dollars”
>I can offer you $4 or $6 in store credit.

Attached: 4609BD9F-DBEA-482E-8F41-62D28BAA30B7.jpg (1976x1112, 954K)

Fossilized dragon's spine probably

your privy white father has probably killed mexicans. find the burial site.

how much? like 50 dollars?

I'll give you 60 for it

if your careful with it you may be able to polish it and get a few hundred out of it if it turns out really good

it was the biggest one I found. there's more where I explored but it was 108 and I wanted to get back in the water and to our boat

silly user, ammonites were all dropped on top of those mountains during the great flood

Take that shit to the lab on Cinnabar Island.

I'm gonna need about tree fiddy

THAT'S A LIGHTER YOU DUMBFUCK

fossilized garden hose. big deal, really

It’s the fossilized remains of a diplodocus’s prolapsed rectum.
They were the biggest faggots of the Paleozoic era

just take some vinegar and steel wool to it and remove the outer layer, if you get it looking pretty enough add a stand and sell it to a white mom for $250

You could sell that at a yard sale for about 5 bucks easy.

Actually thats not your typical ammonite shell in fact its even better because you see the way the groves have a larger extension and a tendency to spike up
Ive only seen this one on museums so idk the scientific name but its from the cretaceous period and probably worth a lot more than 200 bucks you’d get for your typical ammonite shell

Funny you two mention that...
My great uncle is a southern baptist preacher
He was out on the boat with us days prior
"...Yep.. *sip* ... these canyons were carved out approximately 6 thousand years ago by the great flood... remarkable"
No one said anything.

pic related, where I found some

Attached: 3242342.jpg (852x640, 77K)

It’s a fuckin fossil you dumb nigger. It ain’t worth shit.

It’s a member of the Mortoniceras family and around 100 million years old , very common and see them at all the fossil shows out west especially Tucson and the Denver show coming up.

No where in the bible does it say the Earth is 6000 years old. Some dipshit just counted the number of people in Gensis and guessed at their ages and decided that's how old the earth must be. It even says that the earth was around well before humans and the "earth was created in a day" is a misinterpretation and mistranslation of the original texts.

The story of genesis actually follows the scientific formation of the earth pretty damn accurately once you realize that a 'day' is metaphorical not literal

I'll be at one of the 5 denver ones

>see you there rock nerd

I saw quite a few of them, maybe a dozen or so. all sizes. I chose this one because it's all I could carry and had been the largest.

normally I wouldn't touch anything 'cause I'm emotionally attached to the area, and believe it should be preserved. there's a lot of caves that WERE open until the public/memorialdayfags began to abuse them and fuck with the paintings, leave trash and shit.
Now they are gated off with sensors.

anyhow, I also saw fossilized wood. Huge chunks. It looked like wood from afar but up close it was like crystallized.
Further north in the plains, there's a lot of Teutonic Order badges and insignias. why, I have no idea.

Could I trade it for a copy of battletoads?

actually it might be knight's templar. It's one of those orders from way back when. I think it's just some edgy cultist group larping in the desert and they leave all this shit to find for anyone walking by.

I thought it had been something related to a cartel because the border is literally right across the lake.

Maybe you should blow your head open with the shotgun shell. No offense, just saying it would probably be pretty fun, you might enjoy it.
youtu.be/I8bU4EP6LTM

ammonite, not worth much

I live in Florida and ship fossils from here that I find to the shows and sell them from my friends booths or rooms on consignment. We don’t find anything that old here but tons of stuff from 30 mya to recent.

I mostly do stuff in cretaceous utah. Don't know a ton about the newer mammal shit

OP here
so you actually go out and find these and simply resell them to tourists/oblivious crowds?
hmm
Next time I go there for my vacation, I'll consider getting a few more.
I mean, even if it makes a hundred bucks. easiest 100 in my life lmao.

I collect for personal use and teaching, I've never sold a fossil. Be careful collecting because unless you are on private land collecting vertebrate material is illegal. Also on public land (mostly on BLF or NF) you can only collect for 'personal use' so if they see you with a whole bunch of stuff they'll nail you

kek

No I sell to collectors or people that have retail stores and it has to be high quality stuff. You can try to sell it to a dealer but it’s not worth a lot and he will want to double his money , so if it’s with a few hundred you’ll be lucky to get 100

i found one when i was a kid digging in my backyard

Mexicans drop them on their shit piles.

Wrong the Megasaurus was the faggoty-est dinosaur.