Are there any married Yea Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring...

Are there any married Yea Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring? Is 100 bucks enough or too cheap?

Attached: 765.jpg (540x952, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idonowidont.com/
youtu.be/iklWnrKB9oY?t=134
bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11496223?click_id=619904461&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuZrR9L6m5AIVkp6fCh1-dgSlEAQYASABEgKQ_fD_BwE
bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12748201?refTab=DIAMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=sameTab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Way too cheap, the Semitic rule of thumb is 3 months salary

This, Jews know best

Depends on you and your girl's conversation about the subject. If she's materialistic she might expect you to dish out alot, if she's not then she will insist you only get her something pretty, but not expensive.

Plenty of cheap beautiful rocks that are synthetically made, and diamonds are a meme anyways. Their price is just inflated by controlling the supply.

Yeah it’s shitty but they’ve pounded it into the social consciousness so best believe it’s what most girls expect

Cant tell for sure because Im not an amerifat but rather a german invaded one.

To be honest, my engagement ring was about 80$. But there are a variety of factors that play into that:

> We both are students, so we are somehow poorfags
> We dont care much about the prize (obviously 10$ or something is too cheap, but Id say my price is the lowest end)
> I would have been able to buy a more pricey one, but this one was very cute (and she likes cute things).

So thats my story. We ended up marrying and having rings worth of ~600$ for both, platinum.

If you're in 'murica, you probably should at least use 200 bucks (to scale mine with yours).

But what do I know.

kek

This is 100% the answer. Talk to her about it.

Diamonds are not inherently valuable, other than for industrial use. There are huge supplies of diamonds, controlled by cartel to artificially make them "rare".

I would agree with these.

Depends on the girl. If she’s the right one the price doesn’t matter but it does reflect how important to you she is. I’d say spend as much as you deem appropriate. If she asks or cares how much it costs there’s a good chance she’s just a succubus. When I bought my wife hers it was $1500 and that was A LOT of money to me at the time for just a piece of metal. So just spend what you can for it. Even when you give it to her explain how it’s what you can offer now, and in the future when your lives are more secure and you have the money you’ll buy her something better.

Depends on how materialistic she is. I proposed to my wife with a $12 silver ring from the pawn shop. If you love someone, you shouldn't have to bust the bank to have a physical symbol of that love.

But it all depends. It's a conversation you two need to have at some point.

>$100 engagement ring
You work at a fast food place, huh?

100 bucks is the right amount

idonowidont.com/

That is the price you have to pay for a woman, not a ring.

Sadly you'll have to pay 20% more than she expects you to pay. That is, if she's dreaming about a $20k diamond ring, you better go for something above $24,000.

>note: "she expects"
WTF, dude. You buy the ring, and then? How does she repay you for the ring? Why a present for your significant other has to be one-way?

If I waste $100 on my girl, she literally owes me $100, not a fuckin kiss on the cheek - and not even sex, because if I actually wished to pay for sex, I wouldn't have ever planned a marriage.

>let me guess... what does she bring on the table? emotional support? company? her used up holes?

don't get married. that bitch gonna cheat anyway. save your cash and buy something worth a shit.

You can get a real diamond of reasonable colorlessness, clarity, and size for about 800. The ring and setting, if they are simple, will be about another 100. So, about 1k should be your minimum.

ignore everything else in this thread unless it matches exactly what I say right here:
don't shop by price, shop by what your lady wants. If you show her a $50 ring that she loves, then obviously buy that.
If you show her a $10,000 ring that she loves, slap her HARD across the mouth and tell her she's getting the $50 one.
Trick her into this by saying diamond rings are a meme and that the hip new fad is girls getting rings with their birthstone instead.
my wife still doesn't know
shh don't tell her faggots!

Paid $450ish for my wife’s engagement ring. And approximately $300 each for (2) wedding bands that were soldered onto the engagement ring, but they were bought a year or so later. For the wedding we just had the engagement ring. Princess cut Solitaire 1/4 ct. nothing crazy

Ask her if she prefers a blood diamond, mined on the backs and lives of third world children, or if she would prefer a larger and more Superior gemstone created in a lab that has better fire, color brilliance and similar hardness. If you go with Moissanite forever one, her girlfriends won't know the damn difference. It's half the price, and so close to Diamond that even Jewelers are ripping people off by swapping them out during cleanings. I spent 2k on my wife's engagement ring and she loves it everyday. It's quite the sparkler. She traded in her wedding ring for our bands with a 1.5 carat authentic diamond that looks dull and colorless by comparison.

Attached: il_fullxfull.927993522_ks5w.jpg (1139x1140, 156K)

>slap her HARD across the mouth and tell her she's getting the $50 one.

also tell her

to shell out 50 bucks when you're at the counter.

>Trick her into this by saying diamond rings are a meme

trick her into knowing that $20+$30 = $50.

Don't do it.

Dont do it

i bought mine for around $500-$600 , pretty nice not a huge rock, but lots of little ones . bought it with tax return money one year haha a nice ring and three months of rent down

Cut off your foreskin. Make two rings out of it. Put it in plastic. Wedding rings.

kek

This.

A bitch ask me for a ring and I put one around her whole eye
youtu.be/iklWnrKB9oY?t=134

THIS

Cool larp user want to bring it to the White House?

Idk if it would be possible to get something for 100. I just dropped 14K on a tiffany and co

more

If she’s worth marrying, she won’t be demanding an expensive ring and will understand that diamonds are intrinsically worthless and there aren’t far prettier, far cheaper gems out there.

>don’t tell her faggots

Her faggots already know.

I have a friend that work for De beers in South Africa. He told me about all the barrels and barrels stacked up to the ceiling and Warehouse after Warehouse full of diamonds that would flood the market and make them worthless. Also, II your credit card has been run in the jewelry store and you turn around and try to sell it back to them, you'll only get one third of retail price for them to buy it back from you. The whole industry is a scam. Go with Moissanite.

The diamond industry’s bullshit rule of thumb is 2 months. And that’s idiotic horse shit.
The cost of the ring should depend on what you can afford and how important jewelry is to your prospective wife. No woman worthy marrying wants you to spend more than you can afford and it’s the symbolism that counts. When we got engaged I think I spent about $100 back in 2008 and then when I got a better job I bought her a nicer ring for around $400. To me $100 sounds a bit low but if she loves the ring and that’s what you can afford go for it. Hope she says yes and congrats.
T. An actual Jewish person who doesn’t want to see anyone waste money like a sucker

Go cheap if your together for many years renew your vows and get a nice one I just see to many people brake up no reason in puting that much $$$ on some holes hand any way your. Going to need that $if you end up haveing a kid bro

Adding
These are all good advice too. It’s really a personal thing. IMO it should be enough that it’s a significant purchase for you but not a bad financial decision.

Also just my opinion but diamonds are an absolute meme with artificial price. Also though synthetic is a cheapo move, especially CZ. Get a less expensive real stone she’ll like, like a small emerald or aquamarine or whatever. Or something with a bunch of tiny diamonds rather than a big one.

Or, u know you could not get married.
Because, remind me again, what do you get for getting married?

Attached: tjQX2uO.jpg (720x540, 66K)

If you believe in an expensive engagement ring ? do you believe in giving 24% of your yearly earning to your church as well let this be your answer bro

I'd save up for a donw payment on a house not a ring ...at lest you end up with a place to raise a family marriage is for people that want kids if your not going to have one don't get married

your

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (422x291, 98K)

Dude, stop posting this thread

indeed

No engagement rings (thats some bullshit right there) her wedding ring was her moms, mine cost $60. we agreed we'd rather save the money and buy useful shit

I’m looking at a 12-13k Tiffany one. I wanted to get a 15-20k one but it’s too expensive. Three months salary for me is like 19k

Its a shiny bead. If youre going to engage a person that gives a shit about impressing her girlfriends, rethink your entire life.

You can have something custom made without a blood diamond for under a thousands dollars that is very nice.

Big rocks are for 22 year old second wives when your 50.

You're a moron.

LOL!

Attached: madmax-furyroad-movie-screencaps.com-13300.jpg (1000x414, 57K)

I got mine for $20 on Amazon.

t. Poorfag

Talk to your girlfriend about it because one thing you can do to drastically lower engagement ring costs is to not get diamond. My gf hates diamond and she wants saphires in her ring, think about that, it doesnt always have to follow tradition

Tiffany's is a huge up-seller, not worth it and the qulaity is ok. look around and go to the smaller mom and pop shops.
but do your homework. grading and size are very important.
size means nothing, clarity and color are what you want to concern yourself with.

I got a 1.75 ct VVS1 for 12K - near colorless

Attached: Diamond-Grading-Color-Chart.jpg (698x400, 61K)

bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11496223?click_id=619904461&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuZrR9L6m5AIVkp6fCh1-dgSlEAQYASABEgKQ_fD_BwE

bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12748201?refTab=DIAMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=sameTab

close to what I got.
ONLY get a platinum setting.
gold is an alloy and its is susceptible to interactions with other elements and compounds. the price for gold is a scam as well.
platinum is pure , wont interact and holds its value. my band was 2500 what I got married, its worth 7000+ today.
if Im traveling and everything goes tits up, I can get home or buried with my band.

werd!
have the talk, surprises are great and make for wonderful memories, but a disappointed girl is not what you want.

Spend at least 500 bucks. I spent 800 on mine, its small but it is nice.
If you can build it yourself by buying the skeleton first then the diamond it is even more romantic.

i paid third of my salary