Im fucking sick of all this tipping shit

im fucking sick of all this tipping shit.
people actively get pissed at me/give me shitty looks when I dont tip and it pisses me off.
im sorry but im not fucking responsible to pay for other peoples employees and thats final.
its either raise the prices of all the food on the menu by 15% and just pay the workers with that or give me exceptional service to the point I feel obliged to pay more
dont just give me my fucking food and act surprised when I gave you the money I owe
fucking americunts and canadicucks are super guilty of this shit and its retarded

inb4 "some restaurants cant afford to pay staff full wages so they need tips"
if you cant afford to pay your employees you shouldn't even be open for business you broke bitch.

Attached: sLe13h3 (1).jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/01/02/seattle-woman-eats-only-starbucks/4289031/
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I totally agree but everyone always is cunty when you don't. That's why I order to go.

You're a fucking douchebag, if you cant afford a nice meal dont fucking go out. Maybe if you walked in with raggedy clothes and stained pants they would finally see you for what you are, cheap and useless, and give you the service you deserve.

I agree, whenever I get tipped $5 on a 1000$ stay I'm surprised and grateful, too many people expect it

I found the faggot waiter who isnt paid enough and gets mad at anyone who pays what they owe and not his boss who purposely underpays him

"WHY DID YOU GIVE ME 15 DOLLARS WHEN YOU OWED ME 15 DOLLARS? DONT YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO TIP MY AT LEAST 5 DOLLARS MORE SO I CAN SUSTAIN MYSELF?"

It is stupid, but without those tips, those people cant live. If you cant afford to tip 20% of thr bill, then eat fast food. Not hard.

I bet you think tipping is mandatory isn't it?

Oh you found him in this thread full for 100s of repliers? You were just waiting to have that response no matter what the first guy with a rebuttal had to day werent ya buddy?

Attached: 15648643828671276732235563638769.png (263x252, 103K)

Agreed. It's a frigin joke. In fact, some servers make like $500+ a day in tips, especially if they're hot, flirty, slutty dressed, girls.

Restaurants should not be able to get away with paying their workers anything less than minimum wage (which from what I understand is the reason tipping is a thing in North America). Or, alternatively, all servers can get paid less than minimum but the restaurant has to give profit sharing.

i do not tip

if you cant afford to pay your employees dont open your shop for business and file for unemployment.
dont push your costumers to pay for employees you cant afford. not hard

>100s

not even 4 replies in

>tip 20%
You mean tip 20% of a bill thats already expensive? You either buy cheap fast food that tastes like shit or you pay a lot for food that is sometimes not even better made. I will keep my tip money unless the waiter or waitress does exceptional service.

dubs of truth here brothers

no I just hate faggots who support tipping.
any other rebuttal as long as it doesn't involve the support of tips would've been met with a shitpost

All of you are cheap and jealous you cant work their job and fuck the plethora of young pussy that works in restaurants. RIP to all you faggots lmao.

Attached: 1566956596590.gif (245x147, 885K)

>its either raise the prices of all the food on the menu by 15%
if you're bringing in a mediary, expect to pay him at least 3% if not 5

some companies already started doing this and people were pissed about it. Papa johns raised their driver's pay but added a $2.50 fee on any delivery and people flipped their shit; Doordash too.

if you go into a sit down restaurant, either be prepared to tip 15% when looking at the food prices or, exceptional idea, don't frequent those establishments. I hear you don't have to tip at mcdonalds

if you're one of those faggots who tips at starbucks or coldstone, off yourself

You realize EXPECTING and TIP is completely contradictory? Imagine being so entitled that you think people HAVE to give you extra money because you smiled at them while doing your job you're already getting paid to do.

I cant write down basic instructions and bring out plates of food?

nigga did you even think while writing this?
a fucking middle school kid could do their job
AND THEY DO!
dont act like being a waiter/waitress deserves tips for their brave actions when in reality bosses should pay their employees.

hey I cant give you a tip for you high quality bait but I do have this

Attached: 1549672176736.jpg (500x456, 14K)

hate to break the news to you, but waiter's pay STARTS at $2.15 but the law requires they make minimum wage for the hours they're on the clock, so even if you think you're stiffing them and sticking to the man, you're only hurting the waiter's bottom dollar. even then, the table next to you threw down a $5 and the waiter has now made $7.15 for that hour

the way tipping works is that waiters who are good, can "juggle" 4 or 5 tables at a time, get a higher turnover and thus get paid more. and if they do a shitty job at waiting those tables, they get paid less or get less tables. meanwhile, if you take that out, business people get to pay them a flat $10 regardless how hard they work them or how good of service they provide

all hookers don't charge the same amount and there's a reason for that

>I created a thread purposely to be contrarian

>some servers make $500/day
>restaurants should not be able to get away with paying less than minimum wage
oof

it's okay, most restaurants you can afford to eat at (ie chilli's, apple bees) just goes ahead and adds 15% to your bill anyways, and then you bitch because they automatically added the tip

you're going to be bitching regardless of what happens, you're an incel

>t. has never spent a moment working let alone in the service industry

Fuck you youre just a fucking contrarian. I will butt fuck you.

if I sit down in a restaurant and I look at the menu and the price of the meal is 20 dollars I will expect to pay 20 dollars at the end of my evening
if you give me good service or for any reason I feel the need to give you something extra I will.

if you merely exist to hand me my food and write down the 14 words I speak to you that night and you do nothing else dont expect anything else than what I owe.

you are not entitled to any of my money that I worked for just because you came into work today and you will not get any more than what I agreed to via the menu

Lmao why do I get the feeling ur a man child who either doesn't work or has a piss ez job gained thru nepotism

>if you give me good service or for any reason I feel the need to give you something extra I will.
no you wouldn't. do you tip the faggots at mcdonalds? no that's because it's not expected

don't bring that bullshit in here.

when you walk into a facility that expects tipping (bar, casual dining, fancy dining, strip club) you better be prepared to tip. [full stop]

>has spent 15 years working 3 of those in the service industry

then you were a shitty waiter, made little money, and possibly even got fired for being so shitty

move on

Can relate as a Eu fag
Been to Americunt once and when I went out to eat they gave me these dirty looks
I always explained to the waitress that in Europe you only get tips if the service is more then great if at all
A lot of you guys over the pond are pretty entitled not trying to hate on you but it’s true

Yeah you got an easy job though through your buddy I assume. You work a basic bitch entry level job and you don't deserve any more money unless you work harder for it.

went to france
no tip expected
shit service expected

the one place I ate that had good service had a 20% gratuity on the bill

"I'm not fucking responsible blah blah blah"

Yeah you are dumbshit. You know it's a place where tipping is how people make their money. Take your fat lazy ass elsewhere if you don't want to tip you privileged piece of shit.

Personally, I think they should just get a living wage with tipping being optional and everyone's food should be more expensive, but until that's how it is, you all have a responsibility to tip if you eat out. Quit crying like a fucking child about it and then trying to pass your bitching off as machismo.

Oh, and ordering to-go isn't an out for this. You should still leave a buck or two. Your not actually being there to witness the service doesn't mean your food just magically appeared out of air.

inb4 a bunch of little kids with no billfold start talking shit

Yo fuck France though haha
Well If never been to a restaurant her in the EU we’re you we’re forced to pay extra
But you know France is poor as fuck cuz of all the niggers they need that money haha

Nah not quite kidda, I wait across the country at high tier events (I.e. £1800 for a seat) and make £12 after 6 months working with the company (through progression)
Also a student studying STEM which is a bitch to manage but hey ho
Btw the posh geezas never tip but this is bongland, I think the situation over in lardland is fucked

Orrrr you could be a fucking big kid and learn how to cook your own goddamn dinner you fucking monkey

no I was a decent waiter who made normal money who got tipped like the rest of them
but at the end of it you know what happened?
I quit because I hated being the employed version of a homeless man on the street begging for money from whoever he saw and got a real job at a metal factory.
thats a lie actually I quit when they fired the manager I liked and replaced him with a cunt who made us rearrange the tables every 2 days to "spice it up a little"

fuck you tom

still tho I hated relying on tips and got a sustainable paycheck

post this to twitter or /pol/ because it’s politics that’s responsible for this. Companies are allowed to pay less than minimal wage

that's because you're using the term wrong. what you actually mean is gratuity

>waiters make more than you
oof

Or we could change the law so they get a real minimum wage and not one so low they need food stamps

no im not

the menu says 5$ steak im paying 5$
give me exceptional service or gtfo of my wallet

its not my problem
its yours

quit being entitled to other peoples money

No. They make less than minimum wage. So we need to tip

Who the fuck has a 5 dollar steak

I'm actually 100% in favor of this. But until that happens and makes your food more expensive anyway, you should tip if you eat out.

some restaurant I went to a few years back bought a fuck ton more steak they needed so for the rest of the evening they were serving their 20$ chefs choice steak for 5$

on the contrary I actually tipped that time

Actually it sounds like you're literally everyone's problem, just an autist wandering the streets of civilization and ranting about all the norms and why you don't understand them and should receive the same service as everyone else without adhering to what's expected of you. You know what tipping is. You are HERE IN THIS THREAD because you know what tipping is. You know that's how those workers pay their bills, not on the $2.00 an hour the restaurant pays. You've spent your entire life wasting your loved ones' time, don't waste anyone else's.

no, you're paying a gratuity that the restaurant is letting you have a little control over. many managers I have worked with could judge the people coming in and know when to stick on the automatic gratuity because of fucks like you

And my point is that this is political and belongs on /pol/ because tipping culture is terrible. Lots of people don’t tip so the rest of us are filling in at 15 to 20 plus percent. This is happening because of politics. The companies that lobby for this are to blame.

I hired an a/c repair man the other day, he came out and replaced the compressor and then tried to stick me with a "service fee", I told him he could go to hell, I was only going to pay for the part he installed

I sure showed him, amirite?

You're probably right, but I only come back to the chans like once a year at most so idgaf where things should go xD

It’s built into the bill is most other western countries. But when Americans try to build it in they lose business for being “too expensive” because your culture is too uSed to tipling

go anywhere in the world other than north america, and you can order a meal without fucking worrying about someone shitting in your food because you didn't give away an extra 15 fucking % on every god damn meal

They getting $2.00/hr in other countries too?

what other fucking product or service expects a 20% don't spit in my food tax?? 20% is a massive amount of money

>t. I heard it on reddit so it must be true

literally everyone, literally

you're having an autismic attack because people called it "tipping" instead of, say "service fee"

It's only as massive as your ass is.

you're a cunt and you're getting butthurt over people noticing you're a cunt. Stop being a cunt and fucking tip, if you can't afford to tip then you can't afford to eat out.

If you actually give a shit about waitstaff getting paid like everyone else, talk to your politicians and get the laws changed. Then you'll actually be doing some good for the world AND people will stop thinking you're a cunt! In fact, they might actually respect you for heralding positive change! HOLY SHIT WHAT A IDEAR.

And they shouldn't have to fucking do that, the employer should pay the employee minimum wage, final, that's it, no buts.
Anything else is just employers cheating their employees and working the system so that they keep more money for themselves

But he’s not alone and that’s why we need to change the system. Those of us who tip are logically over tipping. Especially if you’re tipping at the same rate for alcohol as food. But because of these usually politically conservative pricks we are expected to pay an extra five percent to make up the difference. So the same people backing the politicians who keep underpaying legal are opting to ignore the social norm and thus force us to pick up the slack. We work for this money. On the other hand the company has to pay the difference if the staff doesn’t get tipped enough to reach minimum wage. So if we all stopped tipping they’d have to raise prices to make up the difference or go out of business. This would be a de facto way of changing that law. On the other hand minimum wage is still to low in most places... maybe we should all get political and change the system?

>waiters shouldn't make more money for being better than other waiters

Communist propaganda

again

not my problem

quit being entitled

its my money

if you do a good job

you get extra money

if you dont

you.get.none

you did your job
you signed up for the amount of money in which you got payed
if a person doesn't like your service and you dont get a tip tough titties
if you do a good job and get a tip
good on you

tips are NOT obligatory

THEY signed up for that 2$ an hour
not me

I tip. I’m just pointing out how this is actually a political thread and needs to be moved.

Attached: 15CC1A24-2E3C-402F-A082-A95FC06E40A1.jpg (495x509, 35K)

This

They’d actually be fucking themselves. I tip well.

I like how this faggot ignores all the good points and keeps going on about
>it's my money
>not yours
>you should get a communist minimum wage

But when you order delivery you’re already paying a delivery fee.

Ausfag here
A good waiter/waitress is not necessarily one who can handle more tables
In fact I'm likely to have worse service than if I had a waiter/waitress handling fewer
Your argument is actually an incentive to handle more tables and provide worse service as a result
Meanwhile in Australia, the wait staff are already paid decently, and if they're shit they get fired
Exceptional wait staff can still be tipped

you could say it like that

id just say you told a guy asking for more money than he was owed to fuck off

service repair men already overpay people all the time so telling them to fuck off is pretty understandable

No, that’s actually pretty accurate. Tipping in places such as Japan is considered an insult to the owner because it implies he doesn’t properly pay his staff.

>complements him in an attempt to insult him

They should but that should be on top of s livable minimum wage. Some people will still tip for exceptional service and bosses would logically pay more to good staff. Bonuses and such.
Why do you just assume that without tipping it becomes communism?

Automatic tipping is bullshit and it’s only necessary because of laws we allow to exist

>t. read this on reddit, so it must be true

Tipping is seriously outdated. Dining out is already extremely expensive, why do they need more money on top of the upcharged food?

Only in the service industry do people get offended by the fact that you didn't pay them more than the transaction dictates. Not only that but you're a cheapskate. All because some kike restaurant owner decided he wanted to pocket more money each day but still needed employees to benefit from.

What good points?

B A I T

which law do you think exist? waiters make minimum wage if they don't make enough in "tips" to cover that. the waiters who rely on the company to compensate for not being able to earn $5/hour are usually fired quickly

waiters don't have issues getting minimum wage when people pay the gratuity, in fact, most make more than minimum wage without having to work 8 hours a day, which gives them the opportunity to attend college or take care of kids. the only thing waiters don't have is health insurance because of the short hours they work

Lets start tipping cashiers who are nice and bag up our groceries!

the one up a few posts that calls you a faggot, best point in the entire thread

The simple point user made that these are norms and he's being an autist about it is a good starter .

>t. tip at starbucks

This is now a BBC thread
Maxium BBC deployment initiated

Attached: 323.jpg (1125x1500, 364K)

Remember when the norm was "gays are bad people?" Norms change.

no shit thats common knowledge
if you cant afford to tip you literally cant afford to eat out

you see I actually CAN afford to tip and tip comfortably at that
its just when shitheads like you tell me that tipping is mandatory because somebody else signed up for a shitty paying job then your gonna start losing respect points

whats so hard to understand?
if you do a good job you get extra money
if you literally exist as background noise than expect nothing

here let me tell you a funny little story

one time my family had a big birthday party for my grandmother who turned 90

these two waitresses both came in but one was different than the other.

one was kind learned all our names got every order right and was genuinely a fun person to be around.

the other one just kinda...existed...
she took orders and brought out food ya but she just...was blank
not a smile not a wink of anything behind those eyes

she messed up 3 orders and didnt even send one in until half way through so one family got their food wayyyyyy late and started eating at the time most were leaving

now tell me which one you think I tipped?

>dining out is already extremely expensive
so, to counter this, you want restaurant owners to raise the price of food even more?

do you just pretend to be retarded or are you paid to do it?

You buy groceries at starbucks?

>he thinks gays aren't bad people
oof

>itt white bois arguin over things they no control over...
how imm have to pound all yo azzes

Attached: 2323.jpg (734x979, 149K)

define: groceries

the definition is "food stuff" and I'm pretty sure starbucks sells foodstuff

also, my starbucks is in a grocery store

somewhat related. some dumb yuppee bitch in portland iirc ate nothing but starbucks food for a year to see how much it would cost.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/01/02/seattle-woman-eats-only-starbucks/4289031/
Seattle, but same shit

Enjoy your spittle/fart/dirt from floor/foot/ass etc

>pay me money or I will sabotage your food
so you think extortion is a good thing?
also
>a fart can infect food
underageb&

thats cause you an ausfag. its completely different than the US. the game is different, the job is different. your view is invalid

tom's a piece of shit for doing that

Some of you retards should just learn how to fucking cook or be slapped with an automatic 20% gratuity to your bill. If you're ever going to have a date at least you can show you have a basic skill instead of looking like a cheap smelly rat fuck.

I don't know what part of neo-arabia some of you hail from but if you're from the states you have no excuse. Unless you're from a state like Oregon, you don't walk into a retail store and expect to pay $20 on an item marked $20 do you?

If they’re already such cunts why pay them?

I like how this faggot ignores all the good points and keeps going on about

>tips are mandatory
>your a bad person if you think only people who deserve it should get tips
>your money isn't your money its OUR money
>bitch at the costumers for not paying you not your boss

Not extortion but if you're a known non-tipper and still keep frequenting a spot - instead of sliding around from place to place like a proper worm - don't expect good service, to say the least.

I pay an automatic 20% with my bill unless the service was COMPLETELY atrocious, I h ave only ever not left a tip once and it was for the worst service I've received in my life

No. That’s actually pretty common knowledge and I don’t use reddit. I just come from wealth and travel a lot.

Look I’m not against tipping but it’s not as wide spread or mandatory in other places.

ya fuck that guy

>literal extortion
>i can only have safe food and eat exactly what I paid for originally if i tip the waiter/waitress
I'm no against tips, but the mentality of "tip or die" needs to gtfo. I would love for a restaurant to do this to me. they would be served papers the following week.
welcome to the real world.

I dont get what's hard to understand. In normal society you pay for a good or service. When you buy food you are paying the restaurant for the good they provide. When you tip a server you are paying for the service that server provides.

THIS
it's not fucking rocket surgery

But I need to get paid, motherfucker. If I can skip a tip I will cause I want more money too, faggot. Look at these faggots openly try to rob you.

if your on a date
sure ill tip
if your out and want a nice meal and the waiter does his job?
no tip
if your out and want a nice meal and the waiter does his job greatly?
yes tip

But with our low minimum wages this could still mean not being able to afford these things hence the debt problem. We only have to pay these higher rates because other people don’t tip. If we all tipped 15 percent you’d only have to tip 20 for great service.

Attached: BA49F7CD-CF94-4C41-BB65-365B06AEBAF0.jpg (640x799, 71K)

The laws which allows these companies to pay so little.

I payed for their service the second I payed my bill
anything else is charity and will be dished out accordingly to anyone of exceptional skills

as you say

its not fucking rocket *science*

That's a scam, they cannot add 15% to the bill. Prices should be rised by 15% to make restaurant scum pay proper tax.

The concept of tipping has gotten out of control. You tip when someone provides you a service, not a good. It pisses me off when I go to a counter restaurant and there is no server, you get your food from the counter, and there is an option to tip on the pay screen. Why would I tip the fucking cashier? That's the shit that needs to stop.

>Not extortion.
No one is forcing you to eat there.
There's a Chili's down the road why don't you try there, at least the tip is included in the bill so you won't have to feel some type of way about it.

Not a server but if I was and I saw you often good luck finding the neglible amount of smegma I'd deposit in your food, you're going to need the evidence for those papers.

Learn to cook you cheap rat.

Can you not read english and understand basic concepts? I'll say it again, when you pay your bill you're paying for the good the restaurant is providing, same as a grocery store. The difference is there isn't someone at the grocery store playing your literal servant giving you everything you need or want to get your food. In a restaurant someone is playing that role, providing the extra service, and that service is what you pay for with a tip.

Move to some Muslim euro country then

people who think servers dont need tips are the same people who think artists should work for exposure.1

>It is stupid, but without those tips, those people cant live.
Then they should either demand better wages or get real jobs.

Yet you're eating at the establishments where these people are working.

That’s optional and I do it when the place is awesome. I go to this little Mexican place in a Hispanic neighborhood and it’s only 2 bucks per tongue taco. So I tip a couple bucks

Funny how you'd auto-tip if on a date, wonder why

Lol you're just an entitled beggar.

Wait. I’m not supposed to tip at chili’s? I’ve been doing it wrong

which point was good of yours? that it's your money or that you don't understand the concept?

>travel a lot
>t. haven't been out of my parent's basement in years

I’m 38 and married

the same law that requires them to pay the waiter $10/hr if they fail to make that in tips? yeah, sounds like a bad law

must be awkward for your "wife" at breakfast

Not the guy you called beggar but I don't understand why you think people who provide a service shouldn't get paid. Do you tell artists they dont deserve money because they are just doing it anyway? Pro-tip people expect to get paid for the services they provide. Go try telling a car mechanic you're only paying the cost of the parts and not for the time he spent installing them in your car.

10? It’s 8.60 in Missouri.

do you tip your oil change merchant? checkmate

You got a point. But how come grocery stores don't add tip jars next to the registers?

>Beautiful Existence (yes, that is her real name)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>implying there isn't a unicef tip jar right there

Their poor decision making skills aren't my problem.

I tip. I often tip well. The standard is 10% though and I'm sick of the "it's always been that high" bullshit. And if you give me attitude or fuck up my order while I'm being serviced by you, you don't get to demand a tip.

That's one thick skull

>Not the guy you called beggar but I don't understand why you think people who provide a service shouldn't get paid.
They should. They should get paid by their employer, not by the customer.

you're telling me. his mom has been begging him to leave the basement but now he's just larping a wife into existence, geez. they'll never be able to afford these internet travels if he larps kids too

you literally pay for the service the mechanic provides. The difference is you don't see a varying level of quality of service. The mechanic has one job: change your oil. A server also has one job: bring the food to you. A mechanic is not required to make you feel comfortable, bring you water if you're thirsty, address any complaints you have while you are there, etc. A server is not required to go above and beyond bringing you the basics, which is why a tip is based on the customer's satisfaction with the service, not the food. Again, this - is - not - hard - to - understand. I don't know why you need someone to explain this to you.

>The difference is you don't see a varying level of quality of service.
>t. have never been to a mechanic

Kek

But funny how your cheap ass would find somewhere else to eat if they did raise prices on their dishes. Hopefully next time your server makes the irresponsible decision to stick their fingers in their ass before handling your food.

We aren’t all you.

that service is what I pay when they put the check down

if they want more money raise the food price or set their paycheck higher
its not my fault the menu says the price it says and that not all servers are good

but unless you.as a person.make the effort.you will get a tip.
getting a tip isnt hard

just smile and learn their name
not even their first name just their last name will do and address them by it
I tip every time 20% every time a server does that

yknow why?
it shows me that they deserve to get payed
it shows me that they deserve more than their peers and I will give it to them.

if you literally just plop down my food in front of me without saying a word while loudly chewing gum with earbuds in chances are that im not gonna tip your uninspired ass

if you go to work and you know for a fact you are getting payed less than minimum wage and you constantly go back every day than you deserve that money because thats what you signed up for

im not your boss

neither is anybody else that comes in threw the shop

people choose to tip and its completely in their will to do so if they wish

if they wish not

dont be a bitch about it

tipping isnt mandatory and the simple fact that we have a choice to do so is proof of that

you can screech morality all you want and that they " NEED IT TO SURVIVE" but until your donating money to Africa or some shit where people actually need it

literally fuck off
no im good

they get paid to do what they are required: bring out the food. They aren't required to be your literal servants. That's what you pay for.

Most places in the world just pay their employees enough. People pay 15% more for food and the employees get payed 15% more. Why are Americans so obsessed with this shitty system. Also why the fuck is GST not included in the price in America. When a product has a $10 price tag, I'm paying $10.

not my problem your poor and need my charity too stay alive

Attached: 1546058864561s.jpg (125x107, 2K)

we don't disagree buddy. I pretty much said that in another post.

Tip stands for to insure promptness. It took them over a week to replace my transmission

The fucking Ameriburgers are cracking me up in this thread, keep up the good show.

Imagine complaining about not receiving tips, you should be thankful you even have a fucking job at all in this day and age. Stop your bitching, there are thousands of people literally forced to sit around collecting welfare money because there's too many retards and shitskins applying for jobs.

Attached: Capture.png (499x495, 113K)

So you’re saying retards are more valuable to society than you are?

>but without those tips, those people cant live
Then how do the mcniggers live without tips? They have the same wage floor.

>that'll be $10 thank you
>pays $10
>WTF WHY DID YOU ONLY PAY ME $10!?

The only retard is the person complaining about their job when there's 50 other people doing job interviews for the exact same position. Like, if you don't like your job just quit then you stupid cunt, somebody will instantly take your place.

Everyone outside of America manages to live without tips, why can't Americans?

>Implying I'm a server
I learned how to cook because I'm not a retard, something I'd suggest to do for yourself but hey, it's understandable that the reason I learned to cook is the reason you can't. I'm simply advocating for your just desserts to come soon.

Attached: 68888887_10157637638964884_1559416163190964224_n.jpg (525x225, 13K)

>b.b.b because we need them to survive!

Simple, really. They should have a tipping section and a non-tipping section. Then you can sample the quality of service at both. Impress your girl by taking her to the non-tipping side and explaining your views on life, while surrounded by niggers in a booth smeared with ketchup and crumbs. I don't mind tipping. If you go into a place and know it's gonna be a hundred dollar bill, you already know you should have 120 in your wallet. THat exttra 20 makes you look like a fool, because if you don't have the tip, you surely shouldn't be spending the 100. You should get some hamburger helper and a jug of swish. Also, I know this is teen bait, and I'm not a waiter.

Nigger detected.

I would pay extra money to not sit around niggers.

As a pizza delivery driver I know for a fact you have eaten spit or worse have fun consuming human byproducts you stupid nigger

You’re all just racist. I’m not white and I tip

Ever sat behind one in a movie theater? They're so fucking loud. They ruin everything.

>Cracks up at a country because of tipping
>Own country being ravaged by shitskins
I'd be looking for something to laugh at too.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that lol

Attached: 1562726704418.gif (360x290, 402K)

Never had a problem in KC. Maybe it’s a southern thing?

What a dumb nigger

Bay area.

Def a nigger or maybe spic

>implying everyone who is a server cant for the life of them cook

I learned how to cook to user!
so did almost everyone else on this thread I bet!

learning the basic ability to turn a nob 50 degrees to the right or left and placing a piece of food on a metal pan is surprisingly easy!
have you ever baked a cake before? or cookies?
just thrilling!

Why are you going to movie theaters in shit neighborhoods

Funny thing is niggers aren't that bad in the south but on the west coast they've evolved into super niggers

pull out your trusty baseball bat, and say "the percentage that I tip you will be the exact percentage of this bat that you can fit in your ass"

fair's fair

Well here they talk less than the old white ladies.

no im not against tipping

just having it mandatory
do your job well and you get tipped
do your job not well and dont get tipped

simple

yet you people cant understand it

I'm sorry but everywhere on Earth is ravaged by shitskins, that was not hinting at something to do where I live it was just a global statement.

Attached: Pepe-and-Wojak-Christmas.png (712x915, 64K)

ive never ordered from a delivery services for food before because I actually respect myself thankyou

I go in the city bud. They just come here from oakland or some shit.

I’ve known good and bad. Some really have a chip on their shoulders and others are awesome. The ones involved in bbq culture are awesome.

Attached: b0a.png (1500x1500, 570K)

>14 words
pic related

Attached: images.jpg (235x215, 9K)

why the fuck does it say cook twice?

A tip? That all u wanted, whiteboi? just a tip?

I got a tip for yo azz...

Attached: 43534.jpg (489x645, 30K)

my bad

fuck off niggerfag

Im american, i dont like the tipping system. Its retarded. Just some ancient technique to underhand employees so they dont have to. Pay them. I dont know how people got tricked into thinking its alright.

>payed
>payed
Doesn't even get the rocket surgery joke.

Attached: homer.jpg (512x384, 45K)

They can add a mandatory gratuity, it happens all the time. Do you ever see daylight?

Serving is unskilled labor for people who barely made it through high school. Some servers at garbage restaurants like PF Changs can make more than a high school math teacher. Let's talk about where the real inequity is.

Should we be talking about the server that decided to get bad grades and not go to college? Or should we actually be talking about the starting salary for secondary education teachers on average in this country?

paid*

are you happy now?

Also "working hard" is relative. Most day laborers make 11 bucks an hour working hard. They have to work hard because its unskilled labor. To all you underage fags and 18 year old fags in this thread: GO TO SCHOOL. GO UNTIL YOU CANT AFFORD IT ANYMORE. THEN SIGN UP FOR ONE CLASS AT A TIME. This is legitimately the best advice you will ever get from the internet.

School is hard but it's worth it in the long run. Be somebody.

Yeah fuck tipping. It’s an American trap

Attached: B14BAC79-F767-485F-B20D-B89EEE5A4178.png (774x1036, 1003K)

>Most day laborers make 11 bucks an hour working hard.
Most day laborers are fucking retarded

>You don't know how to cook.

Knowing how to fry up an egg and some meat in a pan isn't knowing how to cook, you making your brownies out the box barely qualifies as knowing how to bake. You're cooking dog food. You have neither the length of experience to make anything decent, nor the mindset to study and practice it intently to make something good.

Attached: 1566261607065.jpg (720x960, 104K)

reading comprehension level over 9000

there's a concept in the waiting business that when a hostess hates you, she will purposely black out your section. canadians are the worst because not only do they typically not tip, but they drive down your price per seat by ordering water and asking for lemons (to make their own lemonade) and sharing kids plates in order to not have to pay for a full meal

thanks, I thought of it myself

>there's a concept in the waiting business that when a hostess hates you
There’s a reason not to eat at the same restaurant more than a couple times a year

You appear to be against tipping, but you want it both ways. Tell the server you won't be tipping, see how it goes. Its not mandatory, unless it's a chain or a nicer place they put a gratuity on the bill. But when I go any normal place, I just tip unless it's tremendously fucked up. I consider "normal" good. If they make that basic threshold, they get tipped. Last time a only left a buck was at a pizza joint where the girl seemed stoned out of her gourd and she fucked up almost everything she brought. Wrong beer, wrong size glass, (draft), bad wings, forgot the celery, half the condiments were missing from the table, and my date got a salad that came with no dressing. The place wasn't busy, she was just an idiot, or high on something.

I was talking about the waiters, user

>Tell the server you won't be tipping
Maybe after the meal or they fuck up one two many times

>tell the server you won't be tipping,
write them a passive agressive note on the back of the receipt listing all the bad things they did poorly and explaining why you didn't tip, it'll help them in the future

conversely, just write "don't eat yellow snow" on the tip line and laugh about it with your friends (

My sister writes about food for a living and we both learned from my mom. My parents house has a library of cook books. I’m house sitting right now and looking through them. I think I want to make Indian tonight.

>gives 2 examples of cooking without any context that that is all I can cook

"THATS ALL YOU CAN COOK? UR COOKING IS TRASH! blah blah blah"

Attached: 1554574572856.png (474x711, 90K)

When you are making a complicated argument about societal norms and can't write worth a shit, it means you're mentally a child. So, no, I'm not happy. You're an edgy little idiot who should not go into restaurants, but its probably not a problem since mommy pays. Fag.

Food is really cheap Kek. It’s cheap bc the servers get paid about 2.50$ an hour. Never worked a service job before but I honestly can’t wait for the day tipping is done away with bc then I get to see all the cheap fucks who don’t tip lose their minds when their Applebee’s dinner for one is raised by 30% and their server is in the back playing on their phone bc theirs zero incentive to go above and beyond. I tip a minimum of 20% no matter what bc that’s what the food actually costs. people like you are the worst. You’re trying to play off being a cheap scumbag as some type of moral crusader in which you’re teaching the owner a lesson. You’re not doing any of that, you’re just fucking over the server who’s trying get by like everybody else. Because you’re so moral next time you go out just pay 20-30% extra to cover the actual cost of the food and service. Not sure why that’s such a problem. Unless you’re just a scummy person who’s purposely gaming a broken system

I dont go into a restaurant with the intention of not tipping
I go into a restaurant with the intention of getting food
if you do a good job you get a tip
if not you dont

how many times do I have to tell you?

But dats raycis and unfair

I think everyone in this thread can agree on one thing at least, fuck Tom

>literally more open positions than applicants

>never seen Trailer Park Boys...

Attached: 1563863089383m.jpg (1024x938, 153K)

god your hilarious

payed

make fun of me again its like going to a comedy club roast

>you spelled a word wrong in a post on Yea Forums of all places you better be ashamed you fucking child!

god I could imagine you going tomato red in embarrassment if somebody corrected you on the internet and YOU call ME the child!

lol alright kiddo maybe tomorrow we could go to kings buffet I heard they serve kids under 12 for free

perfect for your broke entitled childlike ass

Theres a concept in the customer business that when someone gives you purposely shitty service and you can tell they're targeting you, you keep sending back your order, never eat a bite, and then leave when you "find a cigarette butt" or something similar in your food.

ya fuck tom!

also no I haven't seen trailer park boys
is it good?

I didn't deduce that you can only cook dog food at best from you pointing out 2 of the most basic forms of cooking (one of which is basically microwave dinner baking. We both know you don't bake from scratch, precise measurements and all). I deduced that you can only cook dog food because you can't type out the proper "your" and too".

Attached: images.png (281x180, 6K)

>planting bugs and cigs in your food to get out of bills

just like a nig

Yeah man, fuck tipping. And 5 dollars is a good tip, fuck those shitbag waiters that say it isn't

>The food and service were horrible
>But fuck you for not paying for it
Vote with your wallet faggot

lol get fucked waiterfag, go get my drink you little bitch

Different user. Even on an anonymous image board you’re coming off as very sensitive. Relax kek

Fuck the waiters, give the cooks raises

Definitely worth a watch, first handful of seasons are great, then it kinda sputters out as they keep playing the same tropes over and over.

I barely bake at all but if I do its from my mums cook book

not all of us buy that cheap brownie mix from the store like you user

and before you start that
>you cant spell tee hee

Oh I can spell

you,re as in you are
your as in "this is yours"

to as in "im walking down to johns place"
too as in "im walking down to johns place too"

the simple fact is that I wouldn't waste the time using the proper English on Yea Forums because Yea Forums in Yea Forums
understand?

although I seem to have used the , key instead of the ' key for the you're

that is indeed my bad

>you,re
Nigga, you never go full retard

Or you could just leave bc there’s a 100% chance you aren’t going to win. If you’re being targeted by wait staff you must be a raging a asshole for them to want to put all that time in energy into one customer they will probably never see again. Idk, doesn’t seem worth it to me. Not the same user you were talking to

Brilliant. What dish/course were you considering?

oof sorry kinda hard to keep track of who is who on here
if I had clarification of this information I probably would've laughed

This is where it gets tricky. What exactly do you mean by a "good job?" Where I come from, the waitress takes your drink order, returns with drinks, takes the food order, returns with food, comes back in a little while, asks if everything is okay, then brings the check. Its hard to mess that up, but some manage to fuck it up. If doing that properly, they get a tip. If the food is bad,, thats not the servers fault, but sometimes the lines get blurred and people take it out on them. I've done it myself. As a rule, I never send food back because I have a phobia of them fucking with it. I just ask it to be taken off the bill, and satisfy myself with the beer, bread and soup (or whatever). No big deal. If they don't take it off the bill, then I get nasty, and it doesn't have fuck-all to do with the tip.

>when you correct user but he already corrected himself

Nigga, you never go full retard

I hope for your sake that cook book is color coded.

Just a random user who saw how emotional you were getting and wanted to do my part to help calm you down.

It's cool, he still gave us the new hit single with: using THE proper english

Some people don't bring their party of 8 pillow wiafus to applebees.

good job as in

instead of just walking up to my seat and saying "what can I get for you" in a bland tone how about instead first say "hello my name is (name) what can I get for you this evening?"
then id say "oh hi (name) my names (name) and id like the (item on menu)

after that just smile and bring me my order without fucking it up and BOOM! fucking tip

thats all I ask
a tip is something extra that the sever has earned not just for existing but for literally being a human.

you could do all that without the friendly gestures and such and chances are id still tip you

a good job is me enjoying my night
and you doing exactly what you were supposed to do in a timely and nice manner

Why don’t you just stop over analyzing it and just pay 20-30% extra for the actual cost of the food and service? Which is what it would be if tipping wasn’t a thing. Sounds like you’re a shit person who has a hard time seeing the bigger picture.

no but its alphabetized

its all g my g

You're trying to sound smart and spelling simple words incorrectly, explaining why you don't agree with tipping when everyone knows you're not the one who pays the fucking bill. Now you're doing Reddit spacing. As far as broke, entitled and childlike, I'm arguing that tipping is appropriate in almost every situation. Not because it's expected, but because it's a cultural norm. And as usual, it's the immature tweens who challenge basic principles of common activities. You should also make a mental note (if capable) you almost never dine alone. So, when you leave no tip, you're speaking for the entire table. So unless they're all a bunch of uncultured faggots, nobody wants to be part of your Don Quixote challenge towards a place of business that sells you atmosphere, food, and entertainment.

because I shouldn't be held responsible for not paying work staff
if someone chooses not to tip you shouldn't get mad that they didn't

im not even trying to do reddit spaces

when I click on my enter bar it goes down two spaces

I could fix this by deleting the sentence and then retyping it but I dont feel like doing that

This has to be the most Millennial thread I have ever seen here. Congratulations on your Fine Arts degree, five-figure student loan debt and entitled fuckwit attitude.

are you mad at the pro or anti tippers?

because both sides are pretty fun

If they bring shitty food, all the wrong shit, "black out your section", which I interpret as purposely ignoring your table, send it back a bunch of times. Make life hard on them. But I'm not eating it once I send it back, I'm just making work difficult for someone who's treating me like a cunt for no apparent reason. Then you can shove a straw paper into it, and the server can't argue who did it. Its just as likely the kitchen grunt did it. Its a good reason to leave, since they apparently don't want you there anyway. And no tip, for the "blacked out" thing.

Not paying for a meal I didn't eat, in a section thats being ignored by some cunt who is off her meds.

Every tipped friend I have doesn't claim their tips.
It's tax evasion and I'll have no part of it.

Thats what most servers do 99% of the time.

this guy gets it

>then id say "oh hi (name) my names (name)

Attached: 15329023.png (500x285, 194K)

not where I come from apparently
its at least 3/5 servers up here like that
Canadians dont make good servers but they sure do make good soulless entity's to bring you food

Delivery fee is for insurance for the company if the driver gets in a wreck driver's only get milage, usually 30 cents a mile

Any people here who are okay with tipping people durring a sit down meal, but not okay with tipping when picking up take-out?

It's the strangest fucking thing to me when they turn the register/tablet thing and it asks if I want to tip 15-20% for fucking takeout. I don't tip my grocery clerk 20% for scanning my my items.

FUCKIN RIGHT
THIS GUY IS A DAMN'! GOOD AMERICAN!

Pay your fucking taxes you beggar scumbag waiters, you're just as bad as hookers, at least hookers will drain my cum

Attached: aigle-américain-avec-l-indicateur-97951801.jpg (800x533, 67K)

what you cant handle an example?

Couldnt agree more

ya that shits fucking retarded

but you tip your pizza guy...

the pizza guy thing I can understand since he drove their but a cashier just handing me the means to pay doesn't deserve a tip

You’re not changing the system by fucking over the grunt worker dumbass. You’re not making a statement by being a broke loser giving a mr. Pink rant to Yea Forums on how you stuck it to the man by stiffing your waiter. Make a statement by eating at home and calling said restaurant to let them know you aren’t eating out until workers are paid a fair wage. Until you do that you’re just a broke scumbag who has zero problem fucking with someone else’s paycheck.

Nigger lover detected

You're stupid as fuck look up minimum wage in Europe then America. That'll answer your question

They don't claim their tips because the proprietor doesn't ring them out like that. They just pocket the cash. In nicer places, the proprietor actually does include that income on their salary based on the checks they've handled that week. They'll get a check, and on the stub it'll have a line for tips and gratuities, even though you already took that money home. At the end of the year, that gratuity line is included in your wages on your W2 form.

Which means, their weekly checks could add up to (maybe $6000) but their total taxable wages could be $30000 or whatever.

Good thing you do cause no one else does haha

That's actually true but bbq culture ones are a far minority in a race of fucking morons

tipping is polite but it would be nice if restaurants would maybe PAY THEIR FUCKING WORKERS BETTER SO I DONT HAVE TO

I'm an actual kike and even I tip 20%

In North America the average wait staff makes 2.33 an hour........ so you don’t have to tip them but they also don’t have to not jizz in your food.

not a true kike than

>fuck Satan, calm the fuck down, nigga
The US government expects it. It's called taxation and they'll do worse than spit in your food if they don't get 20% of your paycheck and a 10% markup on all goods and services.

whenever I see things like this it just makes me not want to tip at all

>you better give us more money than you owe or we will fuck with your food

at the end im probably just gonna not tip anyone and only go to a restaurant once in a while since staff and servers are such bitches

You're missing the point if you do it after you'll get decent service but if the first thing you say is "I won't be tipping" you'll get shitty service that's the point you fucking moron. I hope you die and your mom gets breast cancer

Thank you! You've restored my faith in the humanity of people who go on b

>good niggers
We have to get rid of all niggers except Dave Chappelle tbh

The only way I tip is if it's going to be at restaurant I'm going to frequent if it's not let's say as if I am in a foreign country either only once and you'll never see me again with the rest of my life I ain't tipping shit NIGGERS!

No waiter will ever say 5$ is a bad tip

Yeah the employer claims the credit card tips to make up the rest of minimum wage so they don't have to pay the difference.
Cash gets split and pocketed. (Smart ones claim half their cash tips cause that's be unrealistic to only get credit card tippers)

My mom does taxes. I've heard it all.
Like the welfare queens that know if they work '2 too many hours' they'll loose a thousand in benefits so they just dont.

A niggress waiter once said in a youtube video that 5 dollars wasn't a good tip, but she's a nigger so that explains it. I wouldn't put it past zoomers either though

Haha what a fag, like you would ever have the balls to say that to your waiter. Bet you're a fucking autistic uncle that can barely make eye contact with people in public and blame anxiety for everything

I agree bud

You can’t be over the age of 16-17 honestly. These are the norms we set up as a society. As a whole we decided Decades ago that tipping is the way we were going to go. This is the norm whether you like it or not. In a world with no tips you will be paying that 20-30% included in the bill whether the service was good or not. In the tipping world it’s the same only you have more control of what you’re giving based on performance but it’s still expecting you will tip the minimum so the server gets their minimum wage. Entitled little scumbags such as yourself usually prefer tipping culture bc they can control someone else’s pay for the hour while getting the added bonus of eating for much cheaper bc they aren’t bothered by the fact their completely fucking over the lowest man on the totem pole. In tipping culture like we are now people like you benefit bc normal people who can afford to eat out are tipping and making up for your poor or lack of cultural etiquette. At the end of the day tipping IS mandatory, it’s just based on human decency, which is a horrible model specifically bc people like you exist and ruin it.

You sound like you’re from a lesser country

They won't fuck with your food if you send it back. It's only when you're a complete asshole like op you seem okay so I would say if the food is bad just send it back nicely cause sometimes cooks fuck up and dont know it

Thankfully I'm not an uncle yet, anxiety is for faggots.

Now go get my fucking drink you twink waiter bitch, CHOP FUCKING CHOP. And where's my fucking food at?

You're retarded most tips are through credit or debit cards you have to claim them or you dont get them.

i be tipping your mom all nite and she eat up all i got.

that's why i only order horse meat if im eating anything its derby's last place.

You’re not getting it and that’s fine,kek. I hope you get it your way in the future and we can all just have prices soar up past 20% (not negotiable like it is with tipping) and have the same shit service. Sounds like a smart plan.

Holy shit, buddy. You just described most of my friends with one sentence.
It sucks being the only extroverted nerd in my town.

>we
>we
>we
>weeeeeeeeeeeeee
>admits it is a terrible system

You’re not giving more, you’re actually giving LESS. 20% is the minimum prices would rise if tipping wasn’t a thing and you’re so so dense you can’t even see it. Stop being a control freak and stop fucking with people’s paychecks. If service is that bad that’s when you talk to a manager and it’s dealt with. Most of you skip this part bc most Yea Forumstards can’t hold eye contact with another human being long enough to actually ask for the manager. It’s ironic too bc you’re the one who’s coming off as entitled

I never tip either, it's not my job to pay the employees basic wages, it's the companies job.

People of Yea Forums....none of that sank in did it?

Tipping is meant to be earned by doing a job well done. Going beyond what is to be expected.

Agreed. Don't understand the point in tipping but I'm from the UK so maybe it's a Murican thing.

Are you apart of society? Pretty sure you’re disability and welfare make you a part of society.

discord
=
.gg/7q64Sy

Just experience wagecuck live, and stop living off food stamps lol
/dX32gqn

Don't worry I got it. I use the same part of society thing as a reason to pay taxes.
But I don't act like we had any say in it.
You sound like a sports fan boy that thinks he's apart of something bigger than himself.
>weeeeeeee
I eat for under 10 and they get the change if it makes you feel any better.

Get fucked

Attached: 588a63651b0000260004cb0f.jpg (1778x1000, 111K)

I make good tips at the restaurant where I work and I agree OP. It's a stupid concept.

Good guy right here, knows it's retarded but at the same time making money off it.
I'd tip you